Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
2. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
3. What does Eddie hear once he dies?
4. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
5. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eddie no longer feels any pain. Why might his loss of pain be significant to being in Heaven?
2. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
3. At this point, Albom has shown the reader a span of seventy-five years in only ten, short chapters. How is Albom's storytelling effective?
4. How does Eddie's time spent on the Pier save him during the war?
5. In Chapter Seven, how does Mitch Albom use suspense to propel the action?
6. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
7. What are the first images the reader gets of Ruby Pier?
8. Discuss the significance of Albom's use of color in Chapter Two?
9. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Three, "The Arrival".
10. Why does Ruby know all of the details of Eddie's father?
Albom includes the time Eddie serves in the war as an important part of Eddie's life. How is Eddie's emotional state similar to the physical destruction caused by war? How does Eddie finally make peace with himself throughout the novel?
Many themes are seen throughout the novel. Three that are most prevalent include: forgiveness, acceptance, and the importance of love in a person's life. Using the three aforementioned themes as points in your response, highlight what you have learned about these themes as used in the novel.
Marguerite tells Eddie "Life might end, but love does not." At the point in the novel that Marguerite shares this insight with Eddie, he is learning that he has made many connections with various people on earth. How might Eddie now understand that Marguerite's advice is relevant to the relationships he has had with other family members, as well as with her? How might her advice be connected to Eddie's job and relationships with the children he keeps safe?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)