|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eddie envious of Joe?
(a) Joe has a new car.
(b) Eddie's father loves Joe more than Eddie.
(c) Joe gets to come home clean.
(d) Joe has a beautiful wife.
2. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(d) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
3. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
(a) Causes Eddie's father to lose his job.
(b) Steals money from Eddie's father.
(c) Hits Eddie.
(d) Tries to assault Eddie's mother.
4. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That many people looked up to him.
(b) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
(c) That it was mundane.
(d) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
5. What does Eddie see?
(a) Marguerite, beckoning him.
(b) Brown-skinned children playing in a river.
(c) Devastation of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie hear at the opening of Chapter Twelve?
2. Who pays for Eddie's funeral?
3. What was Eddie's promotion?
4. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
5. Where does the story end?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
2. How will Amy or Annie's visit to Heaven be connected to Eddie?
3. What does Marguerite teach Eddie in Heaven?
4. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
5. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
6. Eddie's father saves Mickey Shea. Considering Mickey's actions, what does this rescue say about Eddie's father?
7. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
8. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
9. How do Eddie's actions on his thirty-ninth birthday contribute to Marguerite's accident?
10. Why is a reception hall an appropriate place for Eddie to meet Marguerite in Heaven?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)