|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Eddie's father cry when he is hospitalized?
(b) His wife, Joe, and Eddie.
(c) His mother.
(d) Mickey Shea
2. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
(a) He hated his father.
(b) He missed his wife.
(c) He felt as though he accomplished nothing.
(d) He was scarred by the war.
3. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
4. About what in his own life is the estate attorney pleased?
(a) His job.
(b) His nest egg.
(c) His family.
(d) His wife.
5. What does Eddie see?
(a) Brown-skinned children playing in a river.
(b) Devastation of war.
(d) Marguerite, beckoning him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie spend his first birthday after Marguerite's death?
2. Why does Marguerite spend six months in the hospital?
3. What does the author show the reader through all of Eddie's five people?
4. Who is Eddie's father's hospital roommate?
5. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the stranger Eddie meets in Chapter Eight so significant in his life?
2. Eddie's father saves Mickey Shea. Considering Mickey's actions, what does this rescue say about Eddie's father?
3. Eddie washes Tala with a stone. What is the significance of this action?
4. Clearly, Chapter thirteen is used as the falling action for the reader. How is Tala's lesson a resolution for Eddie, as well?
5. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
6. What symbols does the author use in Chapter Twelve?
7. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
8. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
9. Is the estate attorney's view of Eddie accurate? Why or why not?
10. How does the estate attorney view Eddie's life?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)