|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays for Eddie's funeral?
(a) The park owner, with Eddie's paycheck.
(b) The park owner, from his own pocket.
(c) The little girl's mother.
(d) Eddie's estate.
2. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
(a) At a wedding reception.
(b) At a diner.
(c) On the boardwalk.
(d) At the Pier.
3. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
(c) Eddie's wife.
(d) Eddie's mother.
4. What does the author show the reader through all of Eddie's five people?
(a) That we are all tied together.
(b) That strangers are important.
(c) That kindness does not get overlooked.
(d) That Heaven is different for everyone.
5. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
(a) Eddie, in the Epilogue.
(b) The author, in the Epilogue.
(c) Annie or Amy, in the Epilogue.
(d) Tala, in the Epilogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over Eddie's job?
2. What is the one word Eddie hears from God?
3. What is the final lesson taught in The Five People You Meet in Heaven?
4. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
5. What does Eddie see?
Short Essay Questions
1. At this point, Albom has shown the reader a span of seventy-five years in only ten, short chapters. How is Albom's storytelling effective?
2. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
3. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
4. Eddie's father saves Mickey Shea. Considering Mickey's actions, what does this rescue say about Eddie's father?
5. Why is the stranger Eddie meets in Chapter Eight so significant in his life?
6. How does the estate attorney view Eddie's life?
7. What does Tala teach Eddie?
8. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
9. How do Eddie's actions on his thirty-ninth birthday contribute to Marguerite's accident?
10. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)