|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
(a) Annie or Amy, in the Epilogue.
(b) Tala, in the Epilogue.
(c) The author, in the Epilogue.
(d) Eddie, in the Epilogue.
2. How old is Marguerite when she dies?
3. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
(a) He walks the boardwalk.
(b) He works.
(c) He goes to church.
(d) He visits his family's and Marguerite's graves.
4. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
5. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
2. What does Joe do for a living?
3. Who is the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
4. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
5. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
2. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
3. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
4. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
5. How does the estate attorney view Eddie's life?
6. Clearly, Chapter thirteen is used as the falling action for the reader. How is Tala's lesson a resolution for Eddie, as well?
7. At this point, Albom has shown the reader a span of seventy-five years in only ten, short chapters. How is Albom's storytelling effective?
8. What does the reader learn about Eddie through the short snippets describing his various birthdays?
9. Why is a reception hall an appropriate place for Eddie to meet Marguerite in Heaven?
10. Eddie's father saves Mickey Shea. Considering Mickey's actions, what does this rescue say about Eddie's father?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)