|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
(a) He was scarred by the war.
(b) He felt as though he accomplished nothing.
(c) He hated his father.
(d) He missed his wife.
2. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
(a) Being under water, as if being reborn.
(b) Flying through the clouds, freely.
(c) He rides the Freddie Fall ride without fear of its disrepair.
(d) Being washed and cleansed from his hurts.
3. How does the book end?
(a) The resolution is left for the reader to decide.
(b) The story comes full circle.
(c) Tala's cleansing is the resolution.
(d) Marguerite welcomes Eddie home.
4. How does Eddie feel about his father?
(b) Longing for acceptance.
(c) Pathetic and useless.
(d) Angry and hateful.
5. How much money does Eddie have in the bank?
(a) Nothing to speak of.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Only the amount of his last paycheck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Marguerite's hospitalization?
2. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
3. Where is Chapter Eight set?
4. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
5. How does Eddie feel about his life without Marguerite?
Short Essay Questions
1. At this point, Albom has shown the reader a span of seventy-five years in only ten, short chapters. How is Albom's storytelling effective?
2. How does the reader know that Eddie's memory will be kept alive at the Pier?
3. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
4. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
5. Why is a reception hall an appropriate place for Eddie to meet Marguerite in Heaven?
6. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
7. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
8. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
9. How does Eddie's father die?
10. How is Chapter Twelve used as the denouement?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)