|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
2. What does Eddie tell his father at the diner?
(a) That he is letting go of his anger.
(b) That he was foolish for trying to save Mickey.
(c) That he loves him.
(d) That he is angry with him.
3. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
(a) Being washed and cleansed from his hurts.
(b) He rides the Freddie Fall ride without fear of its disrepair.
(c) Being under water, as if being reborn.
(d) Flying through the clouds, freely.
4. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
5. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what had Tala been wounded?
2. For whom does Eddie's father cry when he is hospitalized?
3. Who tries to save Mickey Shea from drowning?
4. What is the one word Eddie hears from God?
5. What does the author show the reader through all of Eddie's five people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will Amy or Annie's visit to Heaven be connected to Eddie?
2. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
3. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
4. What does Tala teach Eddie?
5. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
6. At this point, Albom has shown the reader a span of seventy-five years in only ten, short chapters. How is Albom's storytelling effective?
7. Eddie washes Tala with a stone. What is the significance of this action?
8. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
9. How do Eddie's actions on his thirty-ninth birthday contribute to Marguerite's accident?
10. Why is a reception hall an appropriate place for Eddie to meet Marguerite in Heaven?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)