|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
(a) Eddie, in the Epilogue.
(b) Tala, in the Epilogue.
(c) The author, in the Epilogue.
(d) Annie or Amy, in the Epilogue.
2. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
(a) "Eddie loved children."
(b) "Eddie was a great worker."
(c) "Eddie really loved his wife."
(d) "Eddie was a kind soul."
3. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
(a) Steals money from Eddie's father.
(b) Hits Eddie.
(c) Causes Eddie's father to lose his job.
(d) Tries to assault Eddie's mother.
4. Who is Tala?
(a) The girl who dies in the tent in the Philippines.
(b) A child Eddie kept safe by doing his job at the Pier.
(c) His daughter.
(d) The girl Eddie saves from Freddy Fall.
5. Who tries to save Mickey Shea from drowning?
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) An ocean lifeguard.
(d) A carnival worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author show the reader through all of Eddie's five people?
2. How does the book end?
3. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
4. Where does the story end?
5. What does Eddie tell Marguerite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a reception hall an appropriate place for Eddie to meet Marguerite in Heaven?
2. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
3. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
4. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
5. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
6. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
7. How does Eddie's father die?
8. How do Eddie's actions on his thirty-ninth birthday contribute to Marguerite's accident?
9. At this point, Albom has shown the reader a span of seventy-five years in only ten, short chapters. How is Albom's storytelling effective?
10. How does the reader know that Eddie's memory will be kept alive at the Pier?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)