|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose key is the cause of the Freddy Fall cable being shredded?
(a) Tala's father.
(b) The assistant maintenance worker.
(c) Ruby's great-grandson.
(d) Amy or Annie's brother.
2. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
(a) At a diner.
(b) At a wedding reception.
(c) At the Pier.
(d) On the boardwalk.
3. For what are Eddie's co-worker and estate attorney looking?
(a) The keys to Ruby Pier.
(c) The deed to Eddie's apartment.
(d) Bank statement or other valuables.
4. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(d) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
5. For whom does Eddie's father cry when he is hospitalized?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mickey Shea
(d) His wife, Joe, and Eddie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be one of Annie or Amy's people she meets in Heaven?
2. How does Eddie spend his first birthday after Marguerite's death?
3. How does the book end?
4. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
5. What do Eddie and Marguerite discuss in Chapter Eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
2. Why is the stranger Eddie meets in Chapter Eight so significant in his life?
3. What does Tala teach Eddie?
4. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
5. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
6. How will Amy or Annie's visit to Heaven be connected to Eddie?
7. Why does Ruby know all of the details of Eddie's father?
8. What does Marguerite teach Eddie in Heaven?
9. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
10. Clearly, Chapter thirteen is used as the falling action for the reader. How is Tala's lesson a resolution for Eddie, as well?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)