|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Marguerite's hospitalization?
(a) Permanent injury.
(b) They lost the chance to adopt the baby.
(c) Estranged marriage between Eddie and Marguerite.
(d) More bills for Eddie.
2. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
(a) He rides the rides on the Pier.
(b) He sleeps all day.
(c) He goes to work and fishes.
(d) He visits the place he and Marguerite first met.
3. Who takes over Eddie's job?
(a) Eddie's assistant.
(b) The tall man from the carnival.
(c) Uncle Mickey.
4. How much money does Eddie have in the bank?
(a) Only the amount of his last paycheck.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Nothing to speak of.
5. What do Eddie and Marguerite discuss in Chapter Eleven?
(a) The pain of missing one another for so many years.
(b) The war.
(c) Eddie's father.
(d) The baby they could never have.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
2. Who pays for Eddie's funeral?
3. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
4. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
5. Whose key is the cause of the Freddy Fall cable being shredded?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
2. What does the reader learn about Eddie through the short snippets describing his various birthdays?
3. Why does Ruby know all of the details of Eddie's father?
4. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
5. What does Tala teach Eddie?
6. Eddie washes Tala with a stone. What is the significance of this action?
7. Eddie's father saves Mickey Shea. Considering Mickey's actions, what does this rescue say about Eddie's father?
8. Is the estate attorney's view of Eddie accurate? Why or why not?
9. How does Eddie's father die?
10. How will Amy or Annie's visit to Heaven be connected to Eddie?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)