|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
(a) Useless and used.
(b) Sad and resentful.
(c) Depressed and helpless.
(d) Angry and hurt.
2. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
(a) At a diner.
(b) At a wedding reception.
(c) At the Pier.
(d) On the boardwalk.
3. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
(a) Being washed and cleansed from his hurts.
(b) Flying through the clouds, freely.
(c) He rides the Freddie Fall ride without fear of its disrepair.
(d) Being under water, as if being reborn.
4. Who says, "Life has to end; love doesn't."?
(b) Eddie's boss.
(c) Eddie's attorney.
5. What does Eddie tell Marguerite?
(a) He forgives her.
(b) He loves her and he is sorry.
(c) He wishes he had been a better husband.
(d) He wished he could save her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
2. For what are Eddie's co-worker and estate attorney looking?
3. How many years of Eddie's life does the author reveal through this storyline?
4. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
5. What does Eddie see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Clearly, Chapter thirteen is used as the falling action for the reader. How is Tala's lesson a resolution for Eddie, as well?
2. How does Eddie's father die?
3. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
4. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
5. What does Tala teach Eddie?
6. Eddie's father saves Mickey Shea. Considering Mickey's actions, what does this rescue say about Eddie's father?
7. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
8. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
9. What does the reader learn about Eddie through the short snippets describing his various birthdays?
10. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)