|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "weddings are for possibilities."?
2. Where does the story end?
(a) In Heaven.
(b) In the past, at the Pier.
(c) In the future, at the Pier.
(d) In the present, at the Pier.
3. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
(a) His love has remained with her, and hers, with him.
(b) That Heaven is a good place to be.
(c) That she felt no pain when she died.
(d) That she always forgave him.
4. Later, where does Amy or Annie meet an old man?
(a) At the bench where Eddie made her pipe cleaner animals.
(b) At the Freddy Fall, at the Pier.
(c) On the boardwalk of the Pier.
(d) In the Stardust Band Shell, at the Pier
5. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
(a) He rides the rides on the Pier.
(b) He visits the place he and Marguerite first met.
(c) He sleeps all day.
(d) He goes to work and fishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
2. Who is the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
3. To what does Ruby compare anger?
4. Who is the third person Eddie meets in Heaven?
5. How does Eddie come across big money?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
2. At this point, Albom has shown the reader a span of seventy-five years in only ten, short chapters. How is Albom's storytelling effective?
3. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
4. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
5. How does Eddie's father die?
6. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
7. Why does Ruby know all of the details of Eddie's father?
8. Clearly, Chapter thirteen is used as the falling action for the reader. How is Tala's lesson a resolution for Eddie, as well?
9. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
10. How do Eddie's actions on his thirty-ninth birthday contribute to Marguerite's accident?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)