|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
2. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The climax.
(b) The falling action.
(c) The denouement, or resolution.
(d) The introduction.
3. Whose key is the cause of the Freddy Fall cable being shredded?
(a) Amy or Annie's brother.
(b) Ruby's great-grandson.
(c) The assistant maintenance worker.
(d) Tala's father.
4. What does Eddie see?
(a) Marguerite, beckoning him.
(b) Devastation of war.
(d) Brown-skinned children playing in a river.
5. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
(b) That many people looked up to him.
(c) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
(d) That it was mundane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie hear at the opening of Chapter Twelve?
2. Who says, "Life has to end; love doesn't."?
3. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
4. With whom does Eddie's father die?
5. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. At this point, Albom has shown the reader a span of seventy-five years in only ten, short chapters. How is Albom's storytelling effective?
2. How do Eddie's actions on his thirty-ninth birthday contribute to Marguerite's accident?
3. How does Eddie's father die?
4. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
5. What does Tala teach Eddie?
6. What does the reader learn about Eddie through the short snippets describing his various birthdays?
7. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
8. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
9. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
10. How does the reader know that Eddie's memory will be kept alive at the Pier?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)