|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
(a) Useless and used.
(b) Depressed and helpless.
(c) Sad and resentful.
(d) Angry and hurt.
2. How does Eddie feel about his father?
(a) Longing for acceptance.
(b) Angry and hateful.
(c) Pathetic and useless.
3. What does Joe do for a living?
(b) Car dealer.
(c) Maintenance man.
(d) Stock broker.
4. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(b) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(c) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
(d) He is indifferent.
5. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
(b) Ruby's husband.
(c) His boss.
(d) His buddy from the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Marguerite when she dies?
2. From what had Tala been wounded?
3. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
4. Where does the story end?
5. What does Eddie do on his seventy-fifth birthday?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)