|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
(a) That many people cried when he died.
(b) That he saves the little girl from the falling cart.
(c) That the park had to close without him.
(d) That the little girl was killed by the cart and will meet him in Heaven.
2. Where is Chapter Eight set?
(a) On a farm, hosting a carnival.
(b) On a mountain range, in a diner.
(c) In a helicopter, leaving a battle.
(d) In a field, in a car.
3. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The introduction.
(b) The climax.
(c) The falling action.
(d) The denouement, or resolution.
4. How many years of Eddie's life does the author reveal through this storyline?
5. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
2. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
3. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
4. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
5. What do Eddie and Marguerite discuss in Chapter Eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eddie's father saves Mickey Shea. Considering Mickey's actions, what does this rescue say about Eddie's father?
2. At this point, Albom has shown the reader a span of seventy-five years in only ten, short chapters. How is Albom's storytelling effective?
3. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
4. What symbols does the author use in Chapter Twelve?
5. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
6. What does Tala teach Eddie?
7. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
8. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
9. Why does Ruby know all of the details of Eddie's father?
10. Clearly, Chapter thirteen is used as the falling action for the reader. How is Tala's lesson a resolution for Eddie, as well?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)