|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
(a) Being washed and cleansed from his hurts.
(b) Flying through the clouds, freely.
(c) Being under water, as if being reborn.
(d) He rides the Freddie Fall ride without fear of its disrepair.
2. How does Eddie come across big money?
(a) Wins at the racetrack.
(b) Joe lends him the money.
(c) He finds it beneath a ride.
(d) Gets a raise at work.
3. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(b) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
4. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Forgiveness comes easily with love.
(b) Lost love is still love; it just takes a different form.
(c) It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.
(d) Life is short and there is no time for regret.
5. How does Eddie spend his first birthday after Marguerite's death?
(a) He works.
(b) He does not celebrate any more.
(c) He lights a candle for her on his cake.
(d) He visits Marguerite's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Marguerite's hospitalization?
2. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
3. Who is the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
4. What does Eddie see?
5. Who mentally hurts Eddie in Chapter Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eddie washes Tala with a stone. What is the significance of this action?
2. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
3. Is the estate attorney's view of Eddie accurate? Why or why not?
4. What does Marguerite teach Eddie in Heaven?
5. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
6. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
7. Clearly, Chapter thirteen is used as the falling action for the reader. How is Tala's lesson a resolution for Eddie, as well?
8. What does the reader learn about Eddie through the short snippets describing his various birthdays?
9. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
10. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)