|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
(b) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
(c) That it was mundane.
(d) That many people looked up to him.
2. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
3. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
(a) "I lost myself."
(b) "It was unbearable."
(c) "I killed ten men."
(d) "Too much bloodshed caused too much pain."
4. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
(a) Steals money from Eddie's father.
(b) Hits Eddie.
(c) Tries to assault Eddie's mother.
(d) Causes Eddie's father to lose his job.
5. In Chapter Twelve, who beckons Eddie to come nearer?
(c) His father.
(d) A small girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eddie's father's hospital roommate?
2. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
3. What is the result of Marguerite's hospitalization?
4. Who is the third person Eddie meets in Heaven?
5. To what does Ruby compare anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader know that Eddie's memory will be kept alive at the Pier?
2. Clearly, Chapter thirteen is used as the falling action for the reader. How is Tala's lesson a resolution for Eddie, as well?
3. Eddie's father saves Mickey Shea. Considering Mickey's actions, what does this rescue say about Eddie's father?
4. How is Chapter Twelve used as the denouement?
5. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
6. At this point, Albom has shown the reader a span of seventy-five years in only ten, short chapters. How is Albom's storytelling effective?
7. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
8. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
9. What symbols does the author use in Chapter Twelve?
10. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)