|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the book end?
(a) The story comes full circle.
(b) The resolution is left for the reader to decide.
(c) Tala's cleansing is the resolution.
(d) Marguerite welcomes Eddie home.
2. Who says, "weddings are for possibilities."?
3. Where does the story end?
(a) In Heaven.
(b) In the future, at the Pier.
(c) In the past, at the Pier.
(d) In the present, at the Pier.
4. How old was Eddie's father when he died?
5. What is the result of Marguerite's hospitalization?
(a) Permanent injury.
(b) More bills for Eddie.
(c) They lost the chance to adopt the baby.
(d) Estranged marriage between Eddie and Marguerite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mentally hurts Eddie in Chapter Eight?
2. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
3. What does Eddie hear at the opening of Chapter Twelve?
4. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
5. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Eddie through the short snippets describing his various birthdays?
2. How do Eddie's actions on his thirty-ninth birthday contribute to Marguerite's accident?
3. How does the reader know that Eddie's memory will be kept alive at the Pier?
4. How does Eddie's father die?
5. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
6. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
7. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
8. What does Marguerite teach Eddie in Heaven?
9. Is the estate attorney's view of Eddie accurate? Why or why not?
10. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)