|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie come across big money?
(a) Joe lends him the money.
(b) He finds it beneath a ride.
(c) Gets a raise at work.
(d) Wins at the racetrack.
2. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
3. How does Eddie feel about his father?
(a) Longing for acceptance.
(b) Pathetic and useless.
(c) Angry and hateful.
4. How does the book end?
(a) The resolution is left for the reader to decide.
(b) Marguerite welcomes Eddie home.
(c) Tala's cleansing is the resolution.
(d) The story comes full circle.
5. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That many people looked up to him.
(b) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
(c) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
(d) That it was mundane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
2. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
3. Who says, "weddings are for possibilities."?
4. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
5. How does Eddie feel about his life without Marguerite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What symbols does the author use in Chapter Twelve?
2. Why is the stranger Eddie meets in Chapter Eight so significant in his life?
3. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
4. Is the estate attorney's view of Eddie accurate? Why or why not?
5. Eddie's father saves Mickey Shea. Considering Mickey's actions, what does this rescue say about Eddie's father?
6. How will Amy or Annie's visit to Heaven be connected to Eddie?
7. What does the reader learn about Eddie through the short snippets describing his various birthdays?
8. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
9. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
10. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)