|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tala?
(a) The girl Eddie saves from Freddy Fall.
(b) The girl who dies in the tent in the Philippines.
(c) A child Eddie kept safe by doing his job at the Pier.
(d) His daughter.
2. What does Eddie tell his father at the diner?
(a) That he was foolish for trying to save Mickey.
(b) That he is letting go of his anger.
(c) That he is angry with him.
(d) That he loves him.
3. Why does Marguerite spend six months in the hospital?
(a) She is in a car accident.
(b) She is pregnant and on bed rest.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She has pneumonia.
4. With whom does Eddie's father die?
(a) His wife.
(c) No one.
5. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
(a) He visits his family's and Marguerite's graves.
(b) He goes to church.
(c) He walks the boardwalk.
(d) He works.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Eddie's father when he died?
2. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
3. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
4. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
5. What was Eddie's promotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What symbols does the author use in Chapter Twelve?
2. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
3. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
4. What does Tala teach Eddie?
5. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
6. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
7. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
8. Why does Ruby know all of the details of Eddie's father?
9. What does Marguerite teach Eddie in Heaven?
10. Why is the stranger Eddie meets in Chapter Eight so significant in his life?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)