|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what in his own life is the estate attorney pleased?
(a) His wife.
(b) His nest egg.
(c) His job.
(d) His family.
2. Who is the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(b) Amy or Annie.
(c) Ruby's husband.
(d) Eddie's father.
3. Who is the last person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) Annie or Amy.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
(a) He is diligent and regimented.
(b) He is dependable, trustworthy and kind.
(c) He is motivated, yet unfulfilled.
(d) He is lazy, angry and resentful.
5. Who will be one of Annie or Amy's people she meets in Heaven?
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her spouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one word Eddie hears from God?
2. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
3. How does Eddie's father help Eddie?
4. What was Eddie's promotion?
5. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Eddie through the short snippets describing his various birthdays?
2. How will Amy or Annie's visit to Heaven be connected to Eddie?
3. Why is a reception hall an appropriate place for Eddie to meet Marguerite in Heaven?
4. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
5. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
6. Clearly, Chapter thirteen is used as the falling action for the reader. How is Tala's lesson a resolution for Eddie, as well?
7. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
8. What does Tala teach Eddie?
9. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
10. Why does Ruby know all of the details of Eddie's father?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)