|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what in his own life is the estate attorney pleased?
(a) His family.
(b) His wife.
(c) His job.
(d) His nest egg.
2. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) One day.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
3. With whom does Eddie's father die?
(a) No one.
(b) His wife.
4. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
(a) He rides the rides on the Pier.
(b) He goes to work and fishes.
(c) He sleeps all day.
(d) He visits the place he and Marguerite first met.
5. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
(a) He walks the boardwalk.
(b) He visits his family's and Marguerite's graves.
(c) He works.
(d) He goes to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eddie envious of Joe?
2. What is the final lesson taught in The Five People You Meet in Heaven?
3. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
4. How does Eddie feel about his father?
5. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tala teach Eddie?
2. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
3. How is Chapter Twelve used as the denouement?
4. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
5. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
6. What symbols does the author use in Chapter Twelve?
7. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
8. How does the reader know that Eddie's memory will be kept alive at the Pier?
9. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
10. What does Marguerite teach Eddie in Heaven?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)