|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to save Mickey Shea from drowning?
(a) A carnival worker.
(b) An ocean lifeguard.
(c) Eddie's father.
2. Who will be one of Annie or Amy's people she meets in Heaven?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her spouse.
3. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
(a) His boss.
(b) His buddy from the war.
(c) Ruby's husband.
4. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
(b) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
(c) That it was mundane.
(d) That many people looked up to him.
5. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
(a) He is dependable, trustworthy and kind.
(b) He is motivated, yet unfulfilled.
(c) He is diligent and regimented.
(d) He is lazy, angry and resentful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
2. How old is Marguerite when she dies?
3. How does the book end?
4. What does Joe do for a living?
5. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tala teach Eddie?
2. What symbols does the author use in Chapter Twelve?
3. How will Amy or Annie's visit to Heaven be connected to Eddie?
4. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
5. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
6. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
7. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
8. What does the reader learn about Eddie through the short snippets describing his various birthdays?
9. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
10. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)