|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
(a) Steals money from Eddie's father.
(b) Hits Eddie.
(c) Causes Eddie's father to lose his job.
(d) Tries to assault Eddie's mother.
2. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
3. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
(a) His love has remained with her, and hers, with him.
(b) That Heaven is a good place to be.
(c) That she always forgave him.
(d) That she felt no pain when she died.
4. How many years of Eddie's life does the author reveal through this storyline?
5. What happens to Eddie's belongings?
(a) The estate attorney takes them.
(b) His apartment is pillaged by teenagers visiting the park.
(c) They are packed away with Ruby Pier memorabilia.
(d) They are sent to Eddie's long time friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
2. From what had Tala been wounded?
3. With whom does Eddie's father die?
4. What was Eddie's promotion?
5. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Chapter Twelve used as the denouement?
2. How will Amy or Annie's visit to Heaven be connected to Eddie?
3. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
4. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
5. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
6. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
7. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
8. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
9. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
10. What does Marguerite teach Eddie in Heaven?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)