|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Lost love is still love; it just takes a different form.
(b) It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.
(c) Forgiveness comes easily with love.
(d) Life is short and there is no time for regret.
2. How does Eddie spend his first birthday after Marguerite's death?
(a) He works.
(b) He lights a candle for her on his cake.
(c) He visits Marguerite's grave.
(d) He does not celebrate any more.
3. With whom does Eddie's father die?
(a) No one.
(d) His wife.
4. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
(a) He visits his family's and Marguerite's graves.
(b) He goes to church.
(c) He works.
(d) He walks the boardwalk.
5. Who will be one of Annie or Amy's people she meets in Heaven?
(b) Her spouse.
(d) Her mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie feel about his life without Marguerite?
2. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
3. Who is Tala?
4. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
5. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader know that Eddie's memory will be kept alive at the Pier?
2. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
3. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
4. Why is the stranger Eddie meets in Chapter Eight so significant in his life?
5. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
6. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
7. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
8. What does Tala teach Eddie?
9. Why is a reception hall an appropriate place for Eddie to meet Marguerite in Heaven?
10. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)