|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Hello, Edward. I have been waiting for you."?
(a) One of the conjoined twins.
(b) The man whose skin is blue.
(c) Eddie's father.
2. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
(a) The Captain.
(b) Mickey Shea.
(c) Eddie's brother.
(d) Eddie's father.
3. Where does Eddie wake up in Chapter Three?
(a) In his bed.
(b) In the teacup ride on Ruby Pier.
(c) In heaven.
(d) In the Philippines.
4. What color does Eddie see when he first dies?
(a) Bright white.
(c) Sky blue.
(d) Pumpkin color.
5. What does Eddie see when he dies?
(c) Different colors and changing landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
2. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
3. From what does the Captain save his men?
4. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
5. What do Eddie and the other three soldiers have to do while imprisoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the foreshadowing of Uncle Mickey's character with regard to his actions towards Eddie on his fifth birthday.
2. What is the significance, or lack of significance, of time in Heaven?
3. What happens when Eddie realizes the danger is not over at the Freddy Free Fall?
4. What does Eddie learn about his leg injury in Chapter Six, and who shares with Eddie this revelation?
5. How is Eddie feeling, now that he has awakened in Heaven?
6. Why is Eddie confused about the fact that he is still on Ruby Pier?
7. Discuss the meaning of the Captain's quote, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. "
8. The Blue Man tells Eddie, "there are no random acts...we are all connected..." Explain this quote as it relates to the Blue Man and Eddie.
9. In Chapter Seven, how does Mitch Albom use suspense to propel the action?
10. Eddie tries to return to the burning tent to save a child. What does this action reveal about Eddie's character?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)