|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the sea that Eddie sees?
(a) Crystal clear.
(b) Yellow, and changing.
2. What purpose does Amy or Annie serve in the story thus far?
(a) To shock the reader.
(b) To build suspense.
(c) To foreshadow events.
(d) To give purpose to the setting.
3. What does Eddie learn about Heaven in Chapter Four?
(a) It is subjective.
(b) It has many steps.
(c) It is difficult to attain.
(d) It is a dream.
4. What does Uncle Mickey do to Eddie during his birthday?
(a) Gets into a fight with him.
(b) Bumps Eddie's head several times.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Slaps Eddie's shoulders in congratulations.
5. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
(a) One hour.
(b) Time doesn't matter, infinity.
(c) One thousand years.
(d) One minute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author introduce in a flashback at the end of Chapter One?
2. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
3. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
4. Who is Uncle Mickey?
5. When was the freak show shut down?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Captain tells Eddie that dying is only the beginning. What could the Captain mean by this statement?
2. Why is it significant that Eddie's body feels like that of a child when he first meets the Blue Man?
3. What happens at Freddy Free Fall to cause Eddie to reevaluate the safety of this ride?
4. In Chapter Six, what do the readers learn of Eddie's expectations of himself and from his life? Are these expectations met?
5. What does Eddie feel from the Blue Man when the Blue Man hugs Eddie?
6. The readers learn that today is Eddie's birthday. What is his mood as the little girl approaches him in Chapter One?
7. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Two, "The Journey."
8. What happens when Eddie realizes the danger is not over at the Freddy Free Fall?
9. Discuss the meaning of the Captain's quote, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. "
10. What is the significance, or lack of significance, of time in Heaven?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)