Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
(a) From an accident at the Pier.
(b) Getting it caught in a ride.
(c) From a car accident.
(d) From the war.
2. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
(a) Ruby Pier.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) In the hospital where he is first born.
(d) At a dance with Marguerite.
3. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
(a) Whether Rabozzo went to Heaven.
(b) Whether he saves the girl at Ruby Pier.
(c) Whether he will ever return to Ruby Pier.
(d) Whether the Captain felt any pain before he died.
4. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
(a) She loses her mommy.
(b) She is kidnapped.
(c) She is in an accident with the Freddie Fall cart.
(d) She falls off the ride.
5. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
(a) A medal of honor.
(b) Forgiveness for shooting him in the leg.
(c) Validation that the rest of the men made it out safely.
(d) Eddie's dog tags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie remember thinking, right after he dies?
2. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
3. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
4. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
5. Where does Eddie wake up in Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marguerite teach Eddie in Heaven?
2. What does Eddie learn about his leg injury in Chapter Six, and who shares with Eddie this revelation?
3. When the action returns to Ruby Pier, the reader finds the park closed. How does Eddie's death impact the Pier?
4. Why is it significant that Eddie's body feels like that of a child when he first meets the Blue Man?
5. Discuss the significance of Albom's use of color in Chapter Two?
6. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
7. What does Eddie feel from the Blue Man when the Blue Man hugs Eddie?
8. What symbols does the author use in Chapter Twelve?
9. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
10. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)