|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
(a) The young man's lost car key has shredded the cable.
(b) A penny has lodged in the cable, causing it to stick.
(c) A teenager decides to hang on the cable as a dare.
(d) The cable has rusted after years of use and salt-water air.
2. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
(a) Bumper cars.
(b) Ferris Wheel.
(c) Roller coaster.
(d) Freddy Free Fall.
3. What does Eddie hear once he dies?
(d) Nothing; quiet.
4. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
(b) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(c) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(d) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
5. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
2. What does Eddie decide to do for a profession when he is young?
3. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
4. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
5. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eddie no longer feels any pain. Why might his loss of pain be significant to being in Heaven?
2. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
3. At this point, Albom has shown the reader a span of seventy-five years in only ten, short chapters. How is Albom's storytelling effective?
4. How does Eddie's time spent on the Pier save him during the war?
5. In Chapter Seven, how does Mitch Albom use suspense to propel the action?
6. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
7. What are the first images the reader gets of Ruby Pier?
8. Discuss the significance of Albom's use of color in Chapter Two?
9. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Three, "The Arrival".
10. Why does Ruby know all of the details of Eddie's father?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)