|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Mickey give Eddie for his birthday?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A play pistol and cowboy hat.
(c) A signed baseball.
(d) A silver dollar.
2. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
(a) He's a comedian.
(b) He juggles.
(c) He does magic tricks.
(d) He sings.
3. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) His brother.
(b) His dad.
(c) Dominiguez, his assistant from Ruby Pier.
(d) The Blue Man.
4. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
(a) From an accident at the Pier.
(b) From the war.
(c) From a car accident.
(d) Getting it caught in a ride.
5. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
(a) The enemy soldier.
(d) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
2. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
3. What does Eddie decide to do for a profession when he is young?
4. What happens to the Freddie Fall car?
5. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the water in Chapter Two?
2. What are the first images the reader gets of Ruby Pier?
3. Eddie tries to return to the burning tent to save a child. What does this action reveal about Eddie's character?
4. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Two, "The Journey."
5. The Blue Man tells Eddie, "there are no random acts...we are all connected..." Explain this quote as it relates to the Blue Man and Eddie.
6. Why is it significant that Eddie's body feels like that of a child when he first meets the Blue Man?
7. Discuss the meaning of the Captain's quote, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. "
8. Discuss the significance of Albom's use of color in Chapter Two?
9. How is Eddie feeling, now that he has awakened in Heaven?
10. Before Eddie speaks to the little girl at the park, about what/whom was he daydreaming?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)