|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
(a) In front of the Ferris Wheel.
(b) In front of the popcorn machine.
(c) In front of the Freddy Fall.
(d) In front of the freak show.
2. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
3. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
(a) It has disappeared forever.
(b) It will come; silence helps people listen.
(c) It is only permitted during urgent situations.
(d) It will change once Eddie learns his lessons.
4. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
(a) Eddie's dog tags.
(b) Forgiveness for shooting him in the leg.
(c) A medal of honor.
(d) Validation that the rest of the men made it out safely.
5. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
(a) His car key.
(b) His wallet.
(c) A medal from the war.
(d) A vintage coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Hello, Edward. I have been waiting for you."?
2. What does the Blue Man find at Ruby Pier?
3. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
4. What color does Eddie see when he first dies?
5. Where does Eddie meet the love of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eddie no longer feels any pain. Why might his loss of pain be significant to being in Heaven?
2. What is the significance, or lack of significance, of time in Heaven?
3. Discuss the meaning of the Captain's quote, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. "
4. What are the first images the reader gets of Ruby Pier?
5. What does Eddie feel from the Blue Man when the Blue Man hugs Eddie?
6. Discuss the foreshadowing of Uncle Mickey's character with regard to his actions towards Eddie on his fifth birthday.
7. The readers learn that today is Eddie's birthday. What is his mood as the little girl approaches him in Chapter One?
8. What does Eddie learn about his leg injury in Chapter Six, and who shares with Eddie this revelation?
9. Before Eddie speaks to the little girl at the park, about what/whom was he daydreaming?
10. What happens in the plot when Eddie asks the Blue Man if he saves the little girl at the Pier?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)