|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
(b) The birthday song.
(d) The Pier.
2. What causes the Blue Man to become blue?
(a) Drinking poisonous cleaning fluid.
(b) An overdose of silver nitrate.
(c) He wants to join the carnival, so he swallows pills.
(d) Eating too many blueberries.
3. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
(a) A penny has lodged in the cable, causing it to stick.
(b) The cable has rusted after years of use and salt-water air.
(c) A teenager decides to hang on the cable as a dare.
(d) The young man's lost car key has shredded the cable.
4. Where does Eddie wind up on his journey through death in Chapter Two?
(a) In Heaven.
(b) At the Pier.
(c) Under water.
(d) In a field.
5. What purpose does Amy or Annie serve in the story thus far?
(a) To foreshadow events.
(b) To give purpose to the setting.
(c) To shock the reader.
(d) To build suspense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Blue Man's death?
2. What promise did the Captain make?
3. Where does Eddie meet the love of his life?
4. Who is Uncle Mickey?
5. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Two, "The Journey."
2. How does Eddie's time spent on the Pier save him during the war?
3. Discuss Eddie's encounter with the first character he meets in Heaven, the Blue Man.
4. Why is Eddie confused about the fact that he is still on Ruby Pier?
5. What is the symbolism of the water in Chapter Two?
6. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
7. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Three, "The Arrival".
8. In Chapter Seven, how does Mitch Albom use suspense to propel the action?
9. How does the author traverse time and introduce the reader to different points in Eddie's life?
10. What happens in the plot when Eddie asks the Blue Man if he saves the little girl at the Pier?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)