|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
(a) The little girl's mom has brought a lawsuit against the park.
(b) The rides have been condemned.
(c) Eddie's peers feel his loss.
(d) No one comes to visit after the accident.
2. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
(a) With a pony ride.
(b) With a party at home.
(c) At a picnic at the Pier.
(d) With a nice dinner.
3. What does Eddie discover he CANNOT do when he wakes up?
4. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
(a) Steal from the enemy camps.
(b) Burn the barracks and blow up the mines.
(c) Take enemy soldiers captive.
(d) Have a funeral for Rabozzo.
5. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
(a) It is his birthday.
(b) It is Christmas day.
(c) It is his co-worker's wife's birthday.
(d) It is the opening day of the season at Ruby Pier.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
2. What happens to the field where Chapter Seven opens?
3. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
4. What does Eddie do, just because he can, in Chapter Three?
5. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Seven, how does Mitch Albom use suspense to propel the action?
2. The Captain tells Eddie that dying is only the beginning. What could the Captain mean by this statement?
3. Why is Eddie confused about the fact that he is still on Ruby Pier?
4. What are the first images the reader gets of Ruby Pier?
5. How does the author traverse time and introduce the reader to different points in Eddie's life?
6. How does Albom reveal the relationship between Joe and Eddie in Chapter Four?
7. What happens when Eddie realizes the danger is not over at the Freddy Free Fall?
8. Discuss the foreshadowing of Uncle Mickey's character with regard to his actions towards Eddie on his fifth birthday.
9. The Blue Man tells Eddie, "there are no random acts...we are all connected..." Explain this quote as it relates to the Blue Man and Eddie.
10. When the action returns to Ruby Pier, the reader finds the park closed. How does Eddie's death impact the Pier?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)