|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Blue Man to become blue?
(a) Drinking poisonous cleaning fluid.
(b) Eating too many blueberries.
(c) He wants to join the carnival, so he swallows pills.
(d) An overdose of silver nitrate.
2. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
(a) The rides have been condemned.
(b) Eddie's peers feel his loss.
(c) The little girl's mom has brought a lawsuit against the park.
(d) No one comes to visit after the accident.
3. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
(a) It has disappeared forever.
(b) It will change once Eddie learns his lessons.
(c) It is only permitted during urgent situations.
(d) It will come; silence helps people listen.
4. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
(a) The rides have all ceased working.
(b) Business, as usual.
(c) A sideshow has come to visit.
(d) People await the ambulance.
5. What color is the sea that Eddie sees?
(c) Crystal clear.
(d) Yellow, and changing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
2. In death, what step is Ruby Pier for the Blue Man?
3. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
4. What promise did the Captain make?
5. What do Eddie and the other three soldiers have to do while imprisoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the plot when Eddie asks the Blue Man if he saves the little girl at the Pier?
2. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Three, "The Arrival".
3. How does Eddie's time spent on the Pier save him during the war?
4. What happens at Freddy Free Fall to cause Eddie to reevaluate the safety of this ride?
5. What is the significance, or lack of significance, of time in Heaven?
6. In Chapter Six, what do the readers learn of Eddie's expectations of himself and from his life? Are these expectations met?
7. Discuss the significance of Albom's use of color in Chapter Two?
8. What is the symbolism of the water in Chapter Two?
9. The readers learn that today is Eddie's birthday. What is his mood as the little girl approaches him in Chapter One?
10. What are the first images the reader gets of Ruby Pier?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)