|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That Heaven is a mystical place.
(b) That he is afraid of dying.
(c) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
(d) That he embraces dying.
2. What does Eddie think the little girl's name is?
(a) Alice or Alexis.
(b) Amy or Annie.
3. What is different about Eddie when he wakes up?
(a) He can walk without his cane.
(b) He floats.
(c) He looks different.
(d) He is young again.
4. What do Eddie and the other three soldiers have to do while imprisoned?
(a) Beat other inmates.
(b) Share military secrets.
(c) Build new enemy huts.
(d) Work in a coal mine.
5. To whom does Eddie run for refuge from Uncle Mickey?
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "the human spirit knows, deep down, that all lives intersect....death doesn't take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed."?
2. What color does Eddie see when he first dies?
3. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
4. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
5. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the plot when Eddie asks the Blue Man if he saves the little girl at the Pier?
2. Discuss the meaning of the Captain's quote, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. "
3. The readers learn that today is Eddie's birthday. What is his mood as the little girl approaches him in Chapter One?
4. In Chapter Six, what do the readers learn of Eddie's expectations of himself and from his life? Are these expectations met?
5. Eddie tries to return to the burning tent to save a child. What does this action reveal about Eddie's character?
6. In Chapter Seven, how does Mitch Albom use suspense to propel the action?
7. What does the reader learn about "Eddie Maintenance" in Chapter One?
8. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Two, "The Journey."
9. Discuss the foreshadowing of Uncle Mickey's character with regard to his actions towards Eddie on his fifth birthday.
10. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)