|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Hello, Edward. I have been waiting for you."?
(a) Eddie's father.
(c) One of the conjoined twins.
(d) The man whose skin is blue.
2. What does Eddie decide to do for a profession when he is young?
(a) He becomes a maintenance worker.
(b) He becomes an engineer.
(c) He enlists in the army.
(d) He becomes a teacher.
3. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
(a) People await the ambulance.
(b) The rides have all ceased working.
(c) Business, as usual.
(d) A sideshow has come to visit.
4. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That he embraces dying.
(b) That he is afraid of dying.
(c) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
(d) That Heaven is a mystical place.
5. What does Eddie do for a living?
(a) He is a handyman.
(b) Performs maintenance at an amusement park.
(c) He is in the military.
(d) He is a carnival clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
2. From what does the Captain save his men?
3. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
4. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
5. Where does Eddie wake up in Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eddie tries to return to the burning tent to save a child. What does this action reveal about Eddie's character?
2. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
3. Is the estate attorney's view of Eddie accurate? Why or why not?
4. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
5. Discuss the foreshadowing of Uncle Mickey's character with regard to his actions towards Eddie on his fifth birthday.
6. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Two, "The Journey."
7. Discuss Eddie's encounter with the first character he meets in Heaven, the Blue Man.
8. Eddie washes Tala with a stone. What is the significance of this action?
9. What is the symbolism of the water in Chapter Two?
10. The readers learn that today is Eddie's birthday. What is his mood as the little girl approaches him in Chapter One?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)