|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
(a) One minute.
(b) One hour.
(c) Time doesn't matter, infinity.
(d) One thousand years.
2. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(b) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(c) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
(d) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
3. What does the Blue Man find at Ruby Pier?
(a) A place where he is invisible.
(b) A place to hide.
(d) A home.
4. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
(a) Steal from the enemy camps.
(b) Have a funeral for Rabozzo.
(c) Burn the barracks and blow up the mines.
(d) Take enemy soldiers captive.
5. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That he is afraid of dying.
(b) That he embraces dying.
(c) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
(d) That Heaven is a mystical place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
2. In death, what step is Ruby Pier for the Blue Man?
3. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
4. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
5. What causes the Blue Man's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the meaning of the Captain's quote, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. "
2. Before Eddie speaks to the little girl at the park, about what/whom was he daydreaming?
3. Discuss the significance of Albom's use of color in Chapter Two?
4. The readers learn that today is Eddie's birthday. What is his mood as the little girl approaches him in Chapter One?
5. How does Albom reveal the relationship between Joe and Eddie in Chapter Four?
6. In Chapter Six, what do the readers learn of Eddie's expectations of himself and from his life? Are these expectations met?
7. What happens in the plot when Eddie asks the Blue Man if he saves the little girl at the Pier?
8. How does the author traverse time and introduce the reader to different points in Eddie's life?
9. Why is it significant that Eddie's body feels like that of a child when he first meets the Blue Man?
10. What is the symbolism of the water in Chapter Two?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)