|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
(a) As kind.
(b) As oblivious.
(c) As insensitive to a child.
(d) As malicious.
2. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
(a) At a dance at the Pier.
(b) At the movies.
(c) At a concert.
(d) At a restaurant.
3. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
(a) A sideshow has come to visit.
(b) Business, as usual.
(c) People await the ambulance.
(d) The rides have all ceased working.
4. Why does Eddie try to return to a burning tent?
(a) He thinks a child is inside.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) He wants to save his friend.
(d) He left his backpack inside.
5. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
(a) Burn the barracks and blow up the mines.
(b) Take enemy soldiers captive.
(c) Steal from the enemy camps.
(d) Have a funeral for Rabozzo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Blue Man's death?
2. Who says, "the human spirit knows, deep down, that all lives intersect....death doesn't take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed."?
3. From what does the Captain save his men?
4. Who restores peace to Eddie's household in Chapter Five?
5. What do Eddie and the other three soldiers have to do while imprisoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. The readers learn that today is Eddie's birthday. What is his mood as the little girl approaches him in Chapter One?
2. Eddie no longer feels any pain. Why might his loss of pain be significant to being in Heaven?
3. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
4. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
5. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
6. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
7. How does the reader know that Eddie's memory will be kept alive at the Pier?
8. Why is the stranger Eddie meets in Chapter Eight so significant in his life?
9. Eddie tries to return to the burning tent to save a child. What does this action reveal about Eddie's character?
10. How does the estate attorney view Eddie's life?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)