|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
(a) One hour.
(b) One thousand years.
(c) One minute.
(d) Time doesn't matter, infinity.
2. Whose philosophy reads, "When your time came, it came, and that was that"?
(b) A child's.
(d) Eddie's father.
3. What does Eddie do for a living?
(a) He is a handyman.
(b) Performs maintenance at an amusement park.
(c) He is a carnival clown.
(d) He is in the military.
4. Who is Uncle Mickey?
(a) He works with Eddie's dad at the Pier.
(b) An old friend of Marguerite's.
(c) Marguerite's brother.
(d) Eddie's father's brother.
5. What causes the Blue Man's death?
(a) He fell from a ride.
(b) An accident at the freak show.
(c) Bad medicine.
(d) Eddie's baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Eddie remembers physically feeling before he dies?
2. What lesson does Eddie learn in Chapter Seven?
3. What does Eddie see when he dies?
4. Who says, "Hello, Edward. I have been waiting for you."?
5. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the significance of Albom's use of color in Chapter Two?
2. The Blue Man tells Eddie, "there are no random acts...we are all connected..." Explain this quote as it relates to the Blue Man and Eddie.
3. How is Eddie feeling, now that he has awakened in Heaven?
4. Discuss the meaning of the Captain's quote, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. "
5. What happens when Eddie realizes the danger is not over at the Freddy Free Fall?
6. The Pier serves as a home for the Blue Man, and as a place with many memories for Eddie, some fond, some unpleasant. Discuss the significance of the encounters at the Pier in Chapter Four as a place to confront damaged emotions.
7. What is the significance, or lack of significance, of time in Heaven?
8. How does Albom reveal the relationship between Joe and Eddie in Chapter Four?
9. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Three, "The Arrival".
10. How does Eddie's time spent on the Pier save him during the war?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)