|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite tell Eddie before he leaves for the war?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she will marry another man.
(c) That she will wait for him.
(d) That she cannot wait for him.
2. What happens to the Freddie Fall car?
(a) It will not move to make the ride operate.
(b) It gets stuck in the air and cannot come down.
(c) Its safety harness does not work, causing passengers to be in danger.
(d) The car is tilted and passengers are in danger.
3. Who says, "the human spirit knows, deep down, that all lives intersect....death doesn't take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed."?
(b) The funeral director.
(c) The Blue Man.
(d) The priest.
4. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
(b) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(c) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(d) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
5. According to the Blue Man, what is Heaven for?
(a) To finally achieve peace.
(b) To have a resting place.
(c) Understanding one's life on earth.
(d) To remain until loved ones come to join you.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does Amy or Annie serve in the story thus far?
2. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
3. How old is Eddie in Chapter Two?
4. Why can't Eddie play with the erector set he received for his eighth birthday?
5. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Eddie speaks to the little girl at the park, about what/whom was he daydreaming?
2. The Captain tells Eddie that dying is only the beginning. What could the Captain mean by this statement?
3. Discuss the meaning of the Captain's quote, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. "
4. How does Eddie's time spent on the Pier save him during the war?
5. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
6. Why is it significant that Eddie's body feels like that of a child when he first meets the Blue Man?
7. What happens at Freddy Free Fall to cause Eddie to reevaluate the safety of this ride?
8. What does Eddie feel from the Blue Man when the Blue Man hugs Eddie?
9. Eddie no longer feels any pain. Why might his loss of pain be significant to being in Heaven?
10. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Two, "The Journey."
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)