|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie see when he dies?
(d) Different colors and changing landscape.
2. Who says, "Hello, Edward. I have been waiting for you."?
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) The man whose skin is blue.
(d) One of the conjoined twins.
3. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
(a) Eddie's dog tags.
(b) A medal of honor.
(c) Forgiveness for shooting him in the leg.
(d) Validation that the rest of the men made it out safely.
4. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
(a) She falls off the ride.
(b) She is in an accident with the Freddie Fall cart.
(c) She loses her mommy.
(d) She is kidnapped.
5. Who says, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, he says, you don't actually lose it."?
(a) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the freak show shut down?
2. What is the author doing in Chapter Three?
3. What does Eddie decide to do for a profession when he is young?
4. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
5. According to the Blue Man, what is Heaven for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Freddy Free Fall to cause Eddie to reevaluate the safety of this ride?
2. What are the first images the reader gets of Ruby Pier?
3. In Chapter Six, what do the readers learn of Eddie's expectations of himself and from his life? Are these expectations met?
4. How does Albom reveal the relationship between Joe and Eddie in Chapter Four?
5. Eddie tries to return to the burning tent to save a child. What does this action reveal about Eddie's character?
6. Discuss Eddie's encounter with the first character he meets in Heaven, the Blue Man.
7. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
8. How is Eddie feeling, now that he has awakened in Heaven?
9. Why is it significant that Eddie's body feels like that of a child when he first meets the Blue Man?
10. The Pier serves as a home for the Blue Man, and as a place with many memories for Eddie, some fond, some unpleasant. Discuss the significance of the encounters at the Pier in Chapter Four as a place to confront damaged emotions.
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)