|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the reader learn that Eddie and three other soldiers are being held?
(a) In a steel box.
(b) Under ground.
(c) In a small hut.
(d) Bamboo barracks.
2. What does Eddie discover he CANNOT do when he wakes up?
3. What happens between Eddie and his brother in Chapter Five?
(a) They get into an accident.
(b) They part ways forever.
(c) They get into a fight.
(d) They decide to never speak again.
4. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
(a) Eddie gets rescued here.
(b) It is the Captain's burial ground.
(c) Rabozzo dies here.
(d) The burnt tents used to rest here.
5. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
(a) A vintage coin.
(b) His car key.
(c) His wallet.
(d) A medal from the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Blue Man to become blue?
2. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
3. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
4. What happens to the field where Chapter Seven opens?
5. Who says, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, he says, you don't actually lose it."?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author traverse time and introduce the reader to different points in Eddie's life?
2. Discuss the meaning of the Captain's quote, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. "
3. What happens when Eddie realizes the danger is not over at the Freddy Free Fall?
4. Discuss the foreshadowing of Uncle Mickey's character with regard to his actions towards Eddie on his fifth birthday.
5. Eddie no longer feels any pain. Why might his loss of pain be significant to being in Heaven?
6. What are the first images the reader gets of Ruby Pier?
7. How does Albom reveal the relationship between Joe and Eddie in Chapter Four?
8. What is the symbolism of the water in Chapter Two?
9. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
10. Why is it significant that Eddie's body feels like that of a child when he first meets the Blue Man?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)