|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie feel when he wakes up?
(a) Wonderful, but alone.
(b) Young, but skeptical.
(c) Sad and alone.
(d) Happy and alive.
2. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
3. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
(a) It is the Captain's burial ground.
(b) The burnt tents used to rest here.
(c) Rabozzo dies here.
(d) Eddie gets rescued here.
4. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
(a) Whether he saves the girl at Ruby Pier.
(b) Whether Rabozzo went to Heaven.
(c) Whether he will ever return to Ruby Pier.
(d) Whether the Captain felt any pain before he died.
5. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
(a) From a car accident.
(b) From an accident at the Pier.
(c) Getting it caught in a ride.
(d) From the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
2. What happens to the field where Chapter Seven opens?
3. Where does the reader learn that Eddie and three other soldiers are being held?
4. Who is the second person Eddie meets in Heaven?
5. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
2. How does Eddie's father die?
3. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
4. How does the estate attorney view Eddie's life?
5. Why is the stranger Eddie meets in Chapter Eight so significant in his life?
6. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
7. In Chapter Seven, how does Mitch Albom use suspense to propel the action?
8. What happens at Freddy Free Fall to cause Eddie to reevaluate the safety of this ride?
9. The readers learn that today is Eddie's birthday. What is his mood as the little girl approaches him in Chapter One?
10. The Blue Man tells Eddie, "there are no random acts...we are all connected..." Explain this quote as it relates to the Blue Man and Eddie.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)