|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie feel after he has died?
(b) Calm and no pain.
2. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
(a) The Captain.
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) Eddie's brother.
(d) Mickey Shea.
3. What does Uncle Mickey give Eddie for his birthday?
(a) A silver dollar.
(b) A play pistol and cowboy hat.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A signed baseball.
4. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
(a) Roller coaster.
(b) Bumper cars.
(c) Ferris Wheel.
(d) Freddy Free Fall.
5. Who restores peace to Eddie's household in Chapter Five?
(a) Eddie's mother.
(d) Eddie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Eddie see when he first dies?
2. Who says, "you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind."?
3. What happens to Rabozzo when he becomes ill?
4. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
5. What is the last thing Eddie remembers physically feeling before he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Eddie realizes the danger is not over at the Freddy Free Fall?
2. The readers learn that today is Eddie's birthday. What is his mood as the little girl approaches him in Chapter One?
3. What is the symbolism of the water in Chapter Two?
4. The Blue Man tells Eddie, "there are no random acts...we are all connected..." Explain this quote as it relates to the Blue Man and Eddie.
5. What happens at Freddy Free Fall to cause Eddie to reevaluate the safety of this ride?
6. How is Eddie feeling, now that he has awakened in Heaven?
7. How does Eddie's time spent on the Pier save him during the war?
8. Discuss Eddie's encounter with the first character he meets in Heaven, the Blue Man.
9. Eddie tries to return to the burning tent to save a child. What does this action reveal about Eddie's character?
10. Discuss the meaning of the Captain's quote, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. "
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)