|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Eddie and his brother in Chapter Five?
(a) They decide to never speak again.
(b) They get into a fight.
(c) They get into an accident.
(d) They part ways forever.
2. What dance does Eddie recall before the time he was crippled?
(a) "Starry Eyed-Hop."
(b) "You Are the Love of My Life."
(c) "You Made Me Love You."
(d) "I Finally Found You."
3. To whom does Eddie run for refuge from Uncle Mickey?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
4. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
(a) Time doesn't matter, infinity.
(b) One hour.
(c) One minute.
(d) One thousand years.
5. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
(a) In front of the Ferris Wheel.
(b) In front of the Freddy Fall.
(c) In front of the popcorn machine.
(d) In front of the freak show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
2. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
3. When is Chapter Three set?
4. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
5. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eddie's time spent on the Pier save him during the war?
2. What is the symbolism of the water in Chapter Two?
3. What happens at Freddy Free Fall to cause Eddie to reevaluate the safety of this ride?
4. Discuss Eddie's encounter with the first character he meets in Heaven, the Blue Man.
5. In Chapter Six, what do the readers learn of Eddie's expectations of himself and from his life? Are these expectations met?
6. What happens when Eddie realizes the danger is not over at the Freddy Free Fall?
7. Eddie no longer feels any pain. Why might his loss of pain be significant to being in Heaven?
8. What are the first images the reader gets of Ruby Pier?
9. The readers learn that today is Eddie's birthday. What is his mood as the little girl approaches him in Chapter One?
10. Why is it significant that Eddie's body feels like that of a child when he first meets the Blue Man?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)