|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
(a) At a concert.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At a dance at the Pier.
(d) At the movies.
2. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(b) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(c) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
(d) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
3. What does Eddie remember thinking, right after he dies?
(a) Will he have a chance to redo anything in life?
(b) Did he save the little girl?
(c) Will he see his father?
(d) Did he live a good life?
4. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(d) His best friend.
5. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
(a) The cable has rusted after years of use and salt-water air.
(b) A teenager decides to hang on the cable as a dare.
(c) A penny has lodged in the cable, causing it to stick.
(d) The young man's lost car key has shredded the cable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
2. Where does Eddie wind up on his journey through death in Chapter Two?
3. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
4. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
5. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eddie's time spent on the Pier save him during the war?
2. What are the first images the reader gets of Ruby Pier?
3. In Chapter Six, what do the readers learn of Eddie's expectations of himself and from his life? Are these expectations met?
4. How is Eddie feeling, now that he has awakened in Heaven?
5. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
6. How does the author traverse time and introduce the reader to different points in Eddie's life?
7. How does Albom reveal the relationship between Joe and Eddie in Chapter Four?
8. What is the significance, or lack of significance, of time in Heaven?
9. What happens when Eddie realizes the danger is not over at the Freddy Free Fall?
10. What is the symbolism of the water in Chapter Two?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)