|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Mickey give Eddie for his birthday?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A signed baseball.
(c) A play pistol and cowboy hat.
(d) A silver dollar.
2. When was the freak show shut down?
(a) Fifty years ago.
(b) Eighty years ago.
(c) Five years ago.
(d) Twenty-five years ago.
3. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
(a) It is the new Ruby Pier.
(b) It is the Ruby Pier of the past.
(c) It is Ruby Pier of Eddie's childhood.
(d) It is the Ruby Pier of the present.
4. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The Blue Man.
(b) Dominiguez, his assistant from Ruby Pier.
(c) His dad.
(d) His brother.
5. What is the author doing in Chapter Three?
(a) Showing readers Eddie's weaknesses.
(b) Weaving together present with future.
(c) Showing readers Eddie's future.
(d) Weaving together past with present.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does the Captain save his men?
2. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
3. What causes the Blue Man to become blue?
4. Where does Eddie wind up on his journey through death in Chapter Two?
5. Who says, "Hello, Edward. I have been waiting for you."?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eddie tries to return to the burning tent to save a child. What does this action reveal about Eddie's character?
2. Before Eddie speaks to the little girl at the park, about what/whom was he daydreaming?
3. How does Eddie's time spent on the Pier save him during the war?
4. What is the symbolism of the water in Chapter Two?
5. The Blue Man tells Eddie, "there are no random acts...we are all connected..." Explain this quote as it relates to the Blue Man and Eddie.
6. The readers learn that today is Eddie's birthday. What is his mood as the little girl approaches him in Chapter One?
7. The Captain tells Eddie that dying is only the beginning. What could the Captain mean by this statement?
8. Why is Eddie confused about the fact that he is still on Ruby Pier?
9. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
10. What happens in the plot when Eddie asks the Blue Man if he saves the little girl at the Pier?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)