|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Blue Man's death?
(a) An accident at the freak show.
(b) Eddie's baseball.
(c) Bad medicine.
(d) He fell from a ride.
2. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) His dad.
(b) His brother.
(c) Dominiguez, his assistant from Ruby Pier.
(d) The Blue Man.
3. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
(b) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(c) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
(d) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
4. What is different about Eddie when he wakes up?
(a) He can walk without his cane.
(b) He is young again.
(c) He looks different.
(d) He floats.
5. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That he is afraid of dying.
(b) That Heaven is a mystical place.
(c) That he embraces dying.
(d) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie feel after he has died?
2. What does Eddie see when he dies?
3. To whom does Eddie run for refuge from Uncle Mickey?
4. When is Chapter Three set?
5. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the water in Chapter Two?
2. The Blue Man tells Eddie, "there are no random acts...we are all connected..." Explain this quote as it relates to the Blue Man and Eddie.
3. What is the significance, or lack of significance, of time in Heaven?
4. How does Eddie's time spent on the Pier save him during the war?
5. Why is it significant that Eddie's body feels like that of a child when he first meets the Blue Man?
6. What happens when Eddie realizes the danger is not over at the Freddy Free Fall?
7. What does the reader learn about "Eddie Maintenance" in Chapter One?
8. Eddie no longer feels any pain. Why might his loss of pain be significant to being in Heaven?
9. Discuss Eddie's encounter with the first character he meets in Heaven, the Blue Man.
10. Discuss the meaning of the Captain's quote, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. "
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)