|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eddie feel like his body is that of a child in Chapter Four?
(a) He was a child when he knew the Blue Man.
(b) His childhood was the happiest time of his life.
(c) Because he tried to save a child during his life on earth.
(d) Because he has gotten younger.
2. As discovered in Chapter Six, for what is Eddie saving his money?
(a) To attend school for engineering.
(b) To attend school to become a construction worker.
(c) To attend school to become a teacher.
(d) To attend school to become a mathematician.
3. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
(a) Eddie's dog tags.
(b) A medal of honor.
(c) Validation that the rest of the men made it out safely.
(d) Forgiveness for shooting him in the leg.
4. What does Marguerite tell Eddie before he leaves for the war?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she cannot wait for him.
(c) That she will wait for him.
(d) That she will marry another man.
5. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
(a) In front of the Ferris Wheel.
(b) In front of the popcorn machine.
(c) In front of the Freddy Fall.
(d) In front of the freak show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie think the little girl's name is?
2. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
3. Where does the reader learn that Eddie and three other soldiers are being held?
4. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
5. When is Chapter Three set?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Eddie speaks to the little girl at the park, about what/whom was he daydreaming?
2. How does Albom reveal the relationship between Joe and Eddie in Chapter Four?
3. Eddie no longer feels any pain. Why might his loss of pain be significant to being in Heaven?
4. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
5. Discuss the foreshadowing of Uncle Mickey's character with regard to his actions towards Eddie on his fifth birthday.
6. What happens when Eddie realizes the danger is not over at the Freddy Free Fall?
7. Why is Eddie confused about the fact that he is still on Ruby Pier?
8. Discuss the significance of Albom's use of color in Chapter Two?
9. What is the significance, or lack of significance, of time in Heaven?
10. Eddie tries to return to the burning tent to save a child. What does this action reveal about Eddie's character?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)