|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie discover he CANNOT do when he wakes up?
2. What is different about Eddie when he wakes up?
(a) He floats.
(b) He can walk without his cane.
(c) He is young again.
(d) He looks different.
3. According to the Blue Man, what is Heaven for?
(a) To have a resting place.
(b) To finally achieve peace.
(c) To remain until loved ones come to join you.
(d) Understanding one's life on earth.
4. What does Eddie do, just because he can, in Chapter Three?
(a) Runs around the park.
(b) Rides the rides.
(c) Breathes in the moment.
(d) Yells in elation.
5. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
(a) The burnt tents used to rest here.
(b) It is the Captain's burial ground.
(c) Rabozzo dies here.
(d) Eddie gets rescued here.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Eddie run for refuge from Uncle Mickey?
2. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Eddie meet the love of his life?
4. What does Eddie do for a living?
5. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first images the reader gets of Ruby Pier?
2. How does Albom reveal the relationship between Joe and Eddie in Chapter Four?
3. In Chapter Seven, how does Mitch Albom use suspense to propel the action?
4. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Two, "The Journey."
5. How is Eddie feeling, now that he has awakened in Heaven?
6. What does Eddie feel from the Blue Man when the Blue Man hugs Eddie?
7. How does the author traverse time and introduce the reader to different points in Eddie's life?
8. The Pier serves as a home for the Blue Man, and as a place with many memories for Eddie, some fond, some unpleasant. Discuss the significance of the encounters at the Pier in Chapter Four as a place to confront damaged emotions.
9. What is Eddie's role in the death of the Blue Man?
10. Discuss Eddie's encounter with the first character he meets in Heaven, the Blue Man.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)