|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
2. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
(c) The enemy soldier.
(d) The Captain.
3. Whom does Eddie see in front of the freak show?
(a) The woman with a beard.
(b) Conjoined twins.
(c) A giant man.
(d) A man whose skin is blue.
4. What does Eddie learn from the Blue Man?
(a) That one should appreciate what one has.
(b) That everyone is connected.
(c) That life is short.
(d) That Eddie has to pay for the role in his death.
5. What does Eddie learn about Heaven in Chapter Four?
(a) It is a dream.
(b) It has many steps.
(c) It is difficult to attain.
(d) It is subjective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
2. What happens to the field where Chapter Seven opens?
3. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
4. What does Eddie do for a living?
5. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the plot when Eddie asks the Blue Man if he saves the little girl at the Pier?
2. Discuss the foreshadowing of Uncle Mickey's character with regard to his actions towards Eddie on his fifth birthday.
3. In Chapter Six, what do the readers learn of Eddie's expectations of himself and from his life? Are these expectations met?
4. What does Eddie feel from the Blue Man when the Blue Man hugs Eddie?
5. When the action returns to Ruby Pier, the reader finds the park closed. How does Eddie's death impact the Pier?
6. What happens at Freddy Free Fall to cause Eddie to reevaluate the safety of this ride?
7. What does Eddie learn about his leg injury in Chapter Six, and who shares with Eddie this revelation?
8. Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter Two, "The Journey."
9. Why is Eddie confused about the fact that he is still on Ruby Pier?
10. Discuss the significance of Albom's use of color in Chapter Two?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)