|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the story end?
(a) In the present, at the Pier.
(b) In the future, at the Pier.
(c) In Heaven.
(d) In the past, at the Pier.
2. How does Eddie come across big money?
(a) Wins at the racetrack.
(b) Gets a raise at work.
(c) He finds it beneath a ride.
(d) Joe lends him the money.
3. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The future.
(b) The past.
(c) The moment frozen when the ride crashes.
(d) The present.
4. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
(a) He is diligent and regimented.
(b) He is dependable, trustworthy and kind.
(c) He is lazy, angry and resentful.
(d) He is motivated, yet unfulfilled.
5. Who is the last person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) His mother.
(b) Annie or Amy.
(c) His father.
6. From what does Marguerite eventually die?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Broken heart.
(c) Brain tumor.
7. What does Eddie tell his father at the diner?
(a) That he was foolish for trying to save Mickey.
(b) That he is angry with him.
(c) That he is letting go of his anger.
(d) That he loves him.
8. Whose key is the cause of the Freddy Fall cable being shredded?
(a) Tala's father.
(b) Ruby's great-grandson.
(c) The assistant maintenance worker.
(d) Amy or Annie's brother.
9. About what in his own life is the estate attorney pleased?
(a) His wife.
(b) His nest egg.
(c) His family.
(d) His job.
10. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
11. How much money does Eddie have in the bank?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Nothing to speak of.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Only the amount of his last paycheck.
12. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
(a) Useless and used.
(b) Angry and hurt.
(c) Sad and resentful.
(d) Depressed and helpless.
13. Who tries to save Mickey Shea from drowning?
(a) A carnival worker.
(b) Eddie's father.
(d) An ocean lifeguard.
14. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
(c) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(d) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
15. What does Eddie do on his seventy-fifth birthday?
(a) Works at the park.
(b) Takes a drive.
(c) Goes to the racetrack.
(d) Goes fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
2. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
3. Who is the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
4. What is the one word Eddie hears from God?
5. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)