|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
(b) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(c) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(d) He is indifferent.
2. How does Eddie feel about his father?
(a) Pathetic and useless.
(b) Longing for acceptance.
(c) Angry and hateful.
3. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
(a) That many people cried when he died.
(b) That the little girl was killed by the cart and will meet him in Heaven.
(c) That he saves the little girl from the falling cart.
(d) That the park had to close without him.
4. On what does Eddie reflect during his last birthday?
(a) His life.
(b) The war.
(c) His job.
(d) The times he spent with Marguerite.
5. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
(a) His love has remained with her, and hers, with him.
(b) That she always forgave him.
(c) That she felt no pain when she died.
(d) That Heaven is a good place to be.
6. What does Eddie see?
(a) Brown-skinned children playing in a river.
(b) Devastation of war.
(d) Marguerite, beckoning him.
7. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Forgiveness comes easily with love.
(b) Life is short and there is no time for regret.
(c) Lost love is still love; it just takes a different form.
(d) It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.
8. Eddie and Marguerite save money for what big event?
(a) Adoption of a child.
(b) New car.
(c) A new apartment.
(d) Wedding anniversary party.
9. With whom does Eddie's father die?
(a) His wife.
(c) No one.
10. Who is the third person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(b) An old woman.
(c) The little girl from the tent.
(d) His father.
11. Whose key is the cause of the Freddy Fall cable being shredded?
(a) Tala's father.
(b) Ruby's great-grandson.
(c) The assistant maintenance worker.
(d) Amy or Annie's brother.
12. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
(c) Eddie's wife.
(d) Eddie's mother.
13. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
(b) That many people looked up to him.
(c) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
(d) That it was mundane.
14. In Chapter Twelve, who beckons Eddie to come nearer?
(b) A small girl.
(c) His father.
15. How old was Eddie's father when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
2. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
3. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
4. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
5. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)