|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Three weeks.
2. How many years of Eddie's life does the author reveal through this storyline?
3. Why does Marguerite spend six months in the hospital?
(a) She has pneumonia.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is in a car accident.
(d) She is pregnant and on bed rest.
4. What happens to Eddie's belongings?
(a) They are packed away with Ruby Pier memorabilia.
(b) The estate attorney takes them.
(c) His apartment is pillaged by teenagers visiting the park.
(d) They are sent to Eddie's long time friend.
5. How does Eddie come across big money?
(a) Joe lends him the money.
(b) He finds it beneath a ride.
(c) Gets a raise at work.
(d) Wins at the racetrack.
6. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
(a) He rides the Freddie Fall ride without fear of its disrepair.
(b) Being washed and cleansed from his hurts.
(c) Being under water, as if being reborn.
(d) Flying through the clouds, freely.
7. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
8. What does the author show the reader through all of Eddie's five people?
(a) That we are all tied together.
(b) That Heaven is different for everyone.
(c) That strangers are important.
(d) That kindness does not get overlooked.
9. Where does the story end?
(a) In the future, at the Pier.
(b) In the past, at the Pier.
(c) In the present, at the Pier.
(d) In Heaven.
10. What does Eddie do on his seventy-fifth birthday?
(a) Goes to the racetrack.
(b) Works at the park.
(c) Takes a drive.
(d) Goes fishing.
11. Who says, "weddings are for possibilities."?
12. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
(a) Eddie, in the Epilogue.
(b) Annie or Amy, in the Epilogue.
(c) Tala, in the Epilogue.
(d) The author, in the Epilogue.
13. How does Eddie spend his first birthday after Marguerite's death?
(a) He works.
(b) He lights a candle for her on his cake.
(c) He does not celebrate any more.
(d) He visits Marguerite's grave.
14. What is the final lesson taught in The Five People You Meet in Heaven?
(a) Each person affects the other and that other person affects the next person, and so on.
(b) Kindness prevails over all other actions.
(c) Love heals all things.
(d) Each action causes a reaction.
15. Who is Tala?
(a) A child Eddie kept safe by doing his job at the Pier.
(b) His daughter.
(c) The girl Eddie saves from Freddy Fall.
(d) The girl who dies in the tent in the Philippines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
2. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
3. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
4. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
5. Who is Eddie's father's hospital roommate?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)