|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
(a) He kisses her forehead.
(b) He listens to her story.
(c) He washes her with water from his canteen.
(d) He washes her with the stone.
2. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
3. What happens between Eddie and his father?
(a) They discuss their bad relationship.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) The mend their differences.
(d) They argue and never speak again.
4. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
5. To what does Ruby compare anger?
(a) A curved blade.
(c) A magnet.
6. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
(a) Ruby's husband.
(c) His buddy from the war.
(d) His boss.
7. How does Eddie's father help Eddie?
(a) He gives Eddie the apartment.
(b) He forgives Eddie.
(c) He gives Eddie money.
(d) He makes Eddie get a job.
8. What does Eddie see?
(a) Brown-skinned children playing in a river.
(b) Marguerite, beckoning him.
(d) Devastation of war.
9. How much money does Eddie have in the bank?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Only the amount of his last paycheck.
(c) Nothing to speak of.
(d) One thousand dollars.
10. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
11. Who says, "Is where you were supposed to be, Eddie Main-ten-ance"?
(a) Annie or Amy.
(c) Eddie's boss.
12. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
(b) That it was mundane.
(c) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
(d) That many people looked up to him.
13. Who is the last person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) Annie or Amy.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. Who pays for Eddie's funeral?
(a) The park owner, with Eddie's paycheck.
(b) The park owner, from his own pocket.
(c) Eddie's estate.
(d) The little girl's mother.
15. From what had Tala been wounded?
(a) A ride.
(b) An accident.
(c) Fire, set by Eddie during the war.
(d) She had been beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
2. For whom does Eddie's father cry when he is hospitalized?
3. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
4. What is the final lesson taught in The Five People You Meet in Heaven?
5. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)