|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
(a) "Eddie was a great worker."
(b) "Eddie loved children."
(c) "Eddie was a kind soul."
(d) "Eddie really loved his wife."
2. How does Eddie feel about his life without Marguerite?
(c) Unhappy and unfulfilled.
3. How does Eddie's father help Eddie?
(a) He gives Eddie money.
(b) He gives Eddie the apartment.
(c) He makes Eddie get a job.
(d) He forgives Eddie.
4. What does Eddie see?
(a) Marguerite, beckoning him.
(b) Devastation of war.
(d) Brown-skinned children playing in a river.
5. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
(c) Eddie's mother.
(d) Eddie's wife.
6. What is the final lesson taught in The Five People You Meet in Heaven?
(a) Each action causes a reaction.
(b) Each person affects the other and that other person affects the next person, and so on.
(c) Love heals all things.
(d) Kindness prevails over all other actions.
7. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
(a) Eddie, in the Epilogue.
(b) Annie or Amy, in the Epilogue.
(c) Tala, in the Epilogue.
(d) The author, in the Epilogue.
8. Why does Marguerite spend six months in the hospital?
(a) She is in a car accident.
(b) She has pneumonia.
(c) She is pregnant and on bed rest.
(d) She is a nurse.
9. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
10. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
(a) The boardwalk.
(b) The Pier and Eddie's car.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The Pier and Eddie's apartment.
11. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
(a) Depressed and helpless.
(b) Angry and hurt.
(c) Useless and used.
(d) Sad and resentful.
12. Whose key is the cause of the Freddy Fall cable being shredded?
(a) Tala's father.
(b) The assistant maintenance worker.
(c) Ruby's great-grandson.
(d) Amy or Annie's brother.
13. What does Eddie do on his seventy-fifth birthday?
(a) Takes a drive.
(b) Goes fishing.
(c) Goes to the racetrack.
(d) Works at the park.
14. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The climax.
(b) The falling action.
(c) The denouement, or resolution.
(d) The introduction.
15. Why is Eddie envious of Joe?
(a) Joe has a new car.
(b) Joe has a beautiful wife.
(c) Eddie's father loves Joe more than Eddie.
(d) Joe gets to come home clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
2. How does Eddie come across big money?
3. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
4. Who is the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
5. Who is Eddie's father's hospital roommate?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)