|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eddie's father's hospital roommate?
(b) The Blue Man.
(c) Mickey Shea.
(d) Ruby's husband, Emile.
2. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
3. What does Eddie tell his father at the diner?
(a) That he was foolish for trying to save Mickey.
(b) That he loves him.
(c) That he is letting go of his anger.
(d) That he is angry with him.
4. Who takes over Eddie's job?
(a) Eddie's assistant.
(c) Uncle Mickey.
(d) The tall man from the carnival.
5. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
(a) His boss.
(c) His buddy from the war.
(d) Ruby's husband.
6. What is the one word Eddie hears from God?
7. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The denouement, or resolution.
(b) The introduction.
(c) The falling action.
(d) The climax.
8. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
9. Who says, "Life has to end; love doesn't."?
(b) Eddie's boss.
(d) Eddie's attorney.
10. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
(a) At the Pier.
(b) At a wedding reception.
(c) On the boardwalk.
(d) At a diner.
11. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
12. Who is the last person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(b) His father.
(c) Annie or Amy.
(d) His mother.
13. What do Eddie and Marguerite discuss in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Eddie's father.
(b) The war.
(c) The baby they could never have.
(d) The pain of missing one another for so many years.
14. How does Eddie's father treat his sons?
15. From what had Tala been wounded?
(a) Fire, set by Eddie during the war.
(b) An accident.
(c) She had been beaten.
(d) A ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Tala teach Eddie?
2. Who says, "Is where you were supposed to be, Eddie Main-ten-ance"?
3. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
4. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
5. Why does Marguerite spend six months in the hospital?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)