|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That many people looked up to him.
(b) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
(c) That it was mundane.
(d) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
2. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. How does Eddie feel about his life without Marguerite?
(a) Unhappy and unfulfilled.
4. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
5. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
6. What do Eddie and Marguerite discuss in Chapter Eleven?
(a) The baby they could never have.
(b) The war.
(c) Eddie's father.
(d) The pain of missing one another for so many years.
7. What is the one word Eddie hears from God?
8. Who says, "weddings are for possibilities."?
9. Where does the story end?
(a) In Heaven.
(b) In the future, at the Pier.
(c) In the past, at the Pier.
(d) In the present, at the Pier.
10. What is the final lesson taught in The Five People You Meet in Heaven?
(a) Kindness prevails over all other actions.
(b) Each person affects the other and that other person affects the next person, and so on.
(c) Each action causes a reaction.
(d) Love heals all things.
11. Eddie and Marguerite save money for what big event?
(a) Adoption of a child.
(b) New car.
(c) Wedding anniversary party.
(d) A new apartment.
12. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
(a) Causes Eddie's father to lose his job.
(b) Tries to assault Eddie's mother.
(c) Hits Eddie.
(d) Steals money from Eddie's father.
13. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
14. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
(a) He walks the boardwalk.
(b) He visits his family's and Marguerite's graves.
(c) He works.
(d) He goes to church.
15. On what does Eddie reflect during his last birthday?
(a) His job.
(b) His life.
(c) The war.
(d) The times he spent with Marguerite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
2. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
3. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
4. How many years of Eddie's life does the author reveal through this storyline?
5. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)