|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie's father treat his sons?
2. Later, where does Amy or Annie meet an old man?
(a) On the boardwalk of the Pier.
(b) At the Freddy Fall, at the Pier.
(c) At the bench where Eddie made her pipe cleaner animals.
(d) In the Stardust Band Shell, at the Pier
3. Who takes over Eddie's job?
(a) Uncle Mickey.
(b) Eddie's assistant.
(c) The tall man from the carnival.
4. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
(a) Hits Eddie.
(b) Causes Eddie's father to lose his job.
(c) Tries to assault Eddie's mother.
(d) Steals money from Eddie's father.
5. For whom does Eddie's father cry when he is hospitalized?
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife, Joe, and Eddie.
(d) Mickey Shea
6. What is the final lesson taught in The Five People You Meet in Heaven?
(a) Love heals all things.
(b) Each person affects the other and that other person affects the next person, and so on.
(c) Kindness prevails over all other actions.
(d) Each action causes a reaction.
7. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
(a) He hated his father.
(b) He was scarred by the war.
(c) He felt as though he accomplished nothing.
(d) He missed his wife.
8. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
(a) He kisses her forehead.
(b) He washes her with water from his canteen.
(c) He washes her with the stone.
(d) He listens to her story.
9. Who mentally hurts Eddie in Chapter Eight?
(a) His mother.
(b) Uncle Mickey.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
10. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
11. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
(b) That it was mundane.
(c) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
(d) That many people looked up to him.
12. What does Eddie tell his father at the diner?
(a) That he was foolish for trying to save Mickey.
(b) That he is letting go of his anger.
(c) That he loves him.
(d) That he is angry with him.
13. What does Joe do for a living?
(b) Maintenance man.
(c) Car dealer.
(d) Stock broker.
14. What lesson does Tala teach Eddie?
(a) That forgiveness is freeing.
(b) That his life mattered.
(c) That love conquers all.
(d) That acceptance provides happiness.
15. What happens between Eddie and his father?
(a) They ignore each other.
(b) They argue and never speak again.
(c) The mend their differences.
(d) They discuss their bad relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what in his own life is the estate attorney pleased?
2. How much money does Eddie have in the bank?
3. How old is Marguerite when she dies?
4. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
5. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)