|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
(a) He walks the boardwalk.
(b) He goes to church.
(c) He works.
(d) He visits his family's and Marguerite's graves.
2. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Forgiveness comes easily with love.
(b) Life is short and there is no time for regret.
(c) Lost love is still love; it just takes a different form.
(d) It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.
3. How much money does Eddie have in the bank?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Nothing to speak of.
(c) Only the amount of his last paycheck.
(d) One thousand dollars.
4. How does Eddie spend his first birthday after Marguerite's death?
(a) He lights a candle for her on his cake.
(b) He does not celebrate any more.
(c) He visits Marguerite's grave.
(d) He works.
5. Who mentally hurts Eddie in Chapter Eight?
(a) His mother.
(b) Uncle Mickey.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
6. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
(a) Annie or Amy, in the Epilogue.
(b) Tala, in the Epilogue.
(c) The author, in the Epilogue.
(d) Eddie, in the Epilogue.
7. What does Eddie tell Marguerite?
(a) He forgives her.
(b) He wished he could save her.
(c) He loves her and he is sorry.
(d) He wishes he had been a better husband.
8. Why does Eddie's father forgive Mickey Shea?
(a) Eddie's father does not love his wife.
(b) Mickey has a drinking problem and does not act out on purpose.
(c) Mickey Shea saved Eddie's father once.
(d) Eddie's father owes Mickey Shea money.
9. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
(a) He visits the place he and Marguerite first met.
(b) He goes to work and fishes.
(c) He rides the rides on the Pier.
(d) He sleeps all day.
10. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The introduction.
(b) The falling action.
(c) The climax.
(d) The denouement, or resolution.
11. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
(a) He washes her with the stone.
(b) He kisses her forehead.
(c) He listens to her story.
(d) He washes her with water from his canteen.
12. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
(a) He hated his father.
(b) He missed his wife.
(c) He was scarred by the war.
(d) He felt as though he accomplished nothing.
13. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
(a) The boardwalk.
(b) The Pier and Eddie's car.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The Pier and Eddie's apartment.
14. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
15. What does the author show the reader through all of Eddie's five people?
(a) That strangers are important.
(b) That we are all tied together.
(c) That kindness does not get overlooked.
(d) That Heaven is different for everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie feel about his father?
2. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
3. With whom does Eddie's father die?
4. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
5. For whom does Eddie's father cry when he is hospitalized?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)