|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Eddie reflect during his last birthday?
(a) The war.
(b) His job.
(c) His life.
(d) The times he spent with Marguerite.
2. Who mentally hurts Eddie in Chapter Eight?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) Uncle Mickey.
3. How much money does Eddie have in the bank?
(a) Only the amount of his last paycheck.
(b) Nothing to speak of.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
4. Why does Eddie's father forgive Mickey Shea?
(a) Mickey has a drinking problem and does not act out on purpose.
(b) Mickey Shea saved Eddie's father once.
(c) Eddie's father owes Mickey Shea money.
(d) Eddie's father does not love his wife.
5. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
(a) The Pier and Eddie's apartment.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The Pier and Eddie's car.
(d) The boardwalk.
6. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
7. How old was Eddie's father when he died?
8. Eddie and Marguerite save money for what big event?
(a) A new apartment.
(b) New car.
(c) Adoption of a child.
(d) Wedding anniversary party.
9. What does Eddie see?
(b) Brown-skinned children playing in a river.
(c) Devastation of war.
(d) Marguerite, beckoning him.
10. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
(a) Rabozzo; he shows Eddie that he is really okay.
(b) His father; he has to seek Eddie's forgiveness.
(c) Marguerite; her love guides him to Heaven.
(d) Tala; her hands were in his.
11. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The present.
(b) The moment frozen when the ride crashes.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
12. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
13. How does Eddie's father help Eddie?
(a) He gives Eddie money.
(b) He forgives Eddie.
(c) He makes Eddie get a job.
(d) He gives Eddie the apartment.
14. What does Joe do for a living?
(a) Car dealer.
(c) Maintenance man.
(d) Stock broker.
15. How does Eddie feel about his life without Marguerite?
(b) Unhappy and unfulfilled.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie feel about his father?
2. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
3. What was Eddie's promotion?
4. Who says, "Life has to end; love doesn't."?
5. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)