|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tala?
(a) The girl Eddie saves from Freddy Fall.
(b) The girl who dies in the tent in the Philippines.
(c) His daughter.
(d) A child Eddie kept safe by doing his job at the Pier.
2. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
3. Who is the last person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Annie or Amy.
4. About what in his own life is the estate attorney pleased?
(a) His wife.
(b) His nest egg.
(c) His job.
(d) His family.
5. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
(a) That she felt no pain when she died.
(b) That Heaven is a good place to be.
(c) His love has remained with her, and hers, with him.
(d) That she always forgave him.
6. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The Pier and Eddie's apartment.
(c) The boardwalk.
(d) The Pier and Eddie's car.
7. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
(a) "I lost myself."
(b) "I killed ten men."
(c) "It was unbearable."
(d) "Too much bloodshed caused too much pain."
8. What does Eddie hear at the opening of Chapter Twelve?
(c) Angels singing.
9. What does Eddie tell Marguerite?
(a) He loves her and he is sorry.
(b) He wished he could save her.
(c) He forgives her.
(d) He wishes he had been a better husband.
10. Why does Eddie's father forgive Mickey Shea?
(a) Eddie's father owes Mickey Shea money.
(b) Eddie's father does not love his wife.
(c) Mickey Shea saved Eddie's father once.
(d) Mickey has a drinking problem and does not act out on purpose.
11. Who is the third person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(b) His father.
(c) An old woman.
(d) The little girl from the tent.
12. How does the book end?
(a) The resolution is left for the reader to decide.
(b) Marguerite welcomes Eddie home.
(c) The story comes full circle.
(d) Tala's cleansing is the resolution.
13. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) One day.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
14. From what does Marguerite eventually die?
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Broken heart.
(d) Brain tumor.
15. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The falling action.
(b) The denouement, or resolution.
(c) The climax.
(d) The introduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie do on his seventy-fifth birthday?
2. In Chapter Twelve, who beckons Eddie to come nearer?
3. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
4. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
5. Eddie and Marguerite save money for what big event?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)