|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The past.
(b) The moment frozen when the ride crashes.
(c) The present.
(d) The future.
2. Why does Eddie's father forgive Mickey Shea?
(a) Eddie's father does not love his wife.
(b) Mickey has a drinking problem and does not act out on purpose.
(c) Eddie's father owes Mickey Shea money.
(d) Mickey Shea saved Eddie's father once.
3. What does Eddie see?
(a) Devastation of war.
(b) Brown-skinned children playing in a river.
(c) Marguerite, beckoning him.
4. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
(a) "I lost myself."
(b) "I killed ten men."
(c) "Too much bloodshed caused too much pain."
(d) "It was unbearable."
5. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
(a) At a wedding reception.
(b) At the Pier.
(c) On the boardwalk.
(d) At a diner.
6. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
(a) That the park had to close without him.
(b) That many people cried when he died.
(c) That the little girl was killed by the cart and will meet him in Heaven.
(d) That he saves the little girl from the falling cart.
7. How does the book end?
(a) The story comes full circle.
(b) The resolution is left for the reader to decide.
(c) Tala's cleansing is the resolution.
(d) Marguerite welcomes Eddie home.
8. About what in his own life is the estate attorney pleased?
(a) His family.
(b) His nest egg.
(c) His wife.
(d) His job.
9. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
(a) The Pier and Eddie's car.
(b) The Pier and Eddie's apartment.
(c) The boardwalk.
(d) The ocean.
10. Who takes over Eddie's job?
(a) Uncle Mickey.
(b) Eddie's assistant.
(c) The tall man from the carnival.
11. What was Eddie's promotion?
(a) Ticket taker.
(d) Head of maintenance.
12. What does Eddie hear at the opening of Chapter Twelve?
(d) Angels singing.
13. Who is the last person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) Annie or Amy.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
14. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
(a) Angry and hurt.
(b) Depressed and helpless.
(c) Useless and used.
(d) Sad and resentful.
15. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
2. How old was Eddie's father when he died?
3. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
4. What does Joe do for a living?
5. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)