|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Eddie's belongings?
(a) His apartment is pillaged by teenagers visiting the park.
(b) They are sent to Eddie's long time friend.
(c) The estate attorney takes them.
(d) They are packed away with Ruby Pier memorabilia.
2. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
(a) "Eddie was a kind soul."
(b) "Eddie really loved his wife."
(c) "Eddie loved children."
(d) "Eddie was a great worker."
3. What do Eddie and Marguerite discuss in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Eddie's father.
(b) The war.
(c) The pain of missing one another for so many years.
(d) The baby they could never have.
4. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The moment frozen when the ride crashes.
(b) The past.
(c) The present.
(d) The future.
5. How does Eddie spend his first birthday after Marguerite's death?
(a) He does not celebrate any more.
(b) He lights a candle for her on his cake.
(c) He works.
(d) He visits Marguerite's grave.
6. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Lost love is still love; it just takes a different form.
(b) It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.
(c) Life is short and there is no time for regret.
(d) Forgiveness comes easily with love.
7. What does Eddie tell Marguerite?
(a) He wishes he had been a better husband.
(b) He forgives her.
(c) He loves her and he is sorry.
(d) He wished he could save her.
8. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
(a) The Pier and Eddie's apartment.
(b) The boardwalk.
(c) The Pier and Eddie's car.
(d) The ocean.
9. For what are Eddie's co-worker and estate attorney looking?
(a) The deed to Eddie's apartment.
(c) The keys to Ruby Pier.
(d) Bank statement or other valuables.
10. What does Eddie tell his father at the diner?
(a) That he is angry with him.
(b) That he loves him.
(c) That he is letting go of his anger.
(d) That he was foolish for trying to save Mickey.
11. Who says, "Life has to end; love doesn't."?
(a) Eddie's boss.
(d) Eddie's attorney.
12. Who takes over Eddie's job?
(b) Eddie's assistant.
(c) The tall man from the carnival.
(d) Uncle Mickey.
13. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
(a) Sad and resentful.
(b) Depressed and helpless.
(c) Useless and used.
(d) Angry and hurt.
14. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
15. Later, where does Amy or Annie meet an old man?
(a) At the bench where Eddie made her pipe cleaner animals.
(b) At the Freddy Fall, at the Pier.
(c) On the boardwalk of the Pier.
(d) In the Stardust Band Shell, at the Pier
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
2. To what does Ruby compare anger?
3. Who is the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
4. What does Joe do for a living?
5. What does the author show the reader through all of Eddie's five people?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)