|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to save Mickey Shea from drowning?
(b) A carnival worker.
(c) An ocean lifeguard.
(d) Eddie's father.
2. In Chapter Twelve, who beckons Eddie to come nearer?
(b) His father.
(c) A small girl.
3. To what does Ruby compare anger?
(b) A curved blade.
(c) A magnet.
4. Who will be one of Annie or Amy's people she meets in Heaven?
(a) Her mom.
(c) Her spouse.
5. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
(a) "I killed ten men."
(b) "I lost myself."
(c) "Too much bloodshed caused too much pain."
(d) "It was unbearable."
6. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(c) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(d) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
7. Where does the story end?
(a) In Heaven.
(b) In the present, at the Pier.
(c) In the past, at the Pier.
(d) In the future, at the Pier.
8. Who says, "weddings are for possibilities."?
9. How does Eddie's father help Eddie?
(a) He forgives Eddie.
(b) He makes Eddie get a job.
(c) He gives Eddie money.
(d) He gives Eddie the apartment.
10. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) One day.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
11. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
(a) That she felt no pain when she died.
(b) That Heaven is a good place to be.
(c) His love has remained with her, and hers, with him.
(d) That she always forgave him.
12. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
13. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
14. What does Eddie see?
(a) Marguerite, beckoning him.
(c) Brown-skinned children playing in a river.
(d) Devastation of war.
15. Eddie and Marguerite save money for what big event?
(a) A new apartment.
(b) Adoption of a child.
(c) Wedding anniversary party.
(d) New car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of Eddie's life does the author reveal through this storyline?
2. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
3. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
4. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
5. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)