|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The climax.
(b) The denouement, or resolution.
(c) The introduction.
(d) The falling action.
2. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
3. What is the one word Eddie hears from God?
4. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
(a) He kisses her forehead.
(b) He listens to her story.
(c) He washes her with the stone.
(d) He washes her with water from his canteen.
5. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
(a) "Eddie was a kind soul."
(b) "Eddie was a great worker."
(c) "Eddie loved children."
(d) "Eddie really loved his wife."
6. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
(a) He goes to work and fishes.
(b) He rides the rides on the Pier.
(c) He sleeps all day.
(d) He visits the place he and Marguerite first met.
7. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
(a) Annie or Amy, in the Epilogue.
(b) The author, in the Epilogue.
(c) Eddie, in the Epilogue.
(d) Tala, in the Epilogue.
8. On what does Eddie reflect during his last birthday?
(a) His job.
(b) The times he spent with Marguerite.
(c) The war.
(d) His life.
9. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) One day.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
10. How does the book end?
(a) The resolution is left for the reader to decide.
(b) Tala's cleansing is the resolution.
(c) The story comes full circle.
(d) Marguerite welcomes Eddie home.
11. Where is Chapter Eight set?
(a) In a field, in a car.
(b) On a mountain range, in a diner.
(c) In a helicopter, leaving a battle.
(d) On a farm, hosting a carnival.
12. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
(b) Eddie's wife.
(d) Eddie's mother.
13. What does Eddie tell Marguerite?
(a) He forgives her.
(b) He wished he could save her.
(c) He wishes he had been a better husband.
(d) He loves her and he is sorry.
14. How does Eddie spend his first birthday after Marguerite's death?
(a) He lights a candle for her on his cake.
(b) He works.
(c) He does not celebrate any more.
(d) He visits Marguerite's grave.
15. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
(a) At a wedding reception.
(b) At a diner.
(c) At the Pier.
(d) On the boardwalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
2. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
3. How old is Marguerite when she dies?
4. How does Eddie's father treat his sons?
5. To what does Ruby compare anger?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)