|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what had Tala been wounded?
(a) An accident.
(b) Fire, set by Eddie during the war.
(c) She had been beaten.
(d) A ride.
2. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
(a) Eddie, in the Epilogue.
(b) Annie or Amy, in the Epilogue.
(c) The author, in the Epilogue.
(d) Tala, in the Epilogue.
3. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
(a) That the park had to close without him.
(b) That he saves the little girl from the falling cart.
(c) That the little girl was killed by the cart and will meet him in Heaven.
(d) That many people cried when he died.
4. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(d) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
5. Who tries to save Mickey Shea from drowning?
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) An ocean lifeguard.
(d) A carnival worker.
6. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
(a) "Eddie really loved his wife."
(b) "Eddie loved children."
(c) "Eddie was a kind soul."
(d) "Eddie was a great worker."
7. Who is Tala?
(a) A child Eddie kept safe by doing his job at the Pier.
(b) His daughter.
(c) The girl who dies in the tent in the Philippines.
(d) The girl Eddie saves from Freddy Fall.
8. What is the final lesson taught in The Five People You Meet in Heaven?
(a) Each person affects the other and that other person affects the next person, and so on.
(b) Kindness prevails over all other actions.
(c) Love heals all things.
(d) Each action causes a reaction.
9. What was Eddie's promotion?
(b) Ticket taker.
(d) Head of maintenance.
10. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
(a) He is lazy, angry and resentful.
(b) He is dependable, trustworthy and kind.
(c) He is diligent and regimented.
(d) He is motivated, yet unfulfilled.
11. What does the author show the reader through all of Eddie's five people?
(a) That we are all tied together.
(b) That kindness does not get overlooked.
(c) That strangers are important.
(d) That Heaven is different for everyone.
12. What does Eddie hear at the opening of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Angels singing.
13. What does Eddie tell his father at the diner?
(a) That he was foolish for trying to save Mickey.
(b) That he is letting go of his anger.
(c) That he is angry with him.
(d) That he loves him.
14. How does Eddie spend his first birthday after Marguerite's death?
(a) He does not celebrate any more.
(b) He visits Marguerite's grave.
(c) He lights a candle for her on his cake.
(d) He works.
15. Who pays for Eddie's funeral?
(a) Eddie's estate.
(b) The little girl's mother.
(c) The park owner, with Eddie's paycheck.
(d) The park owner, from his own pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
2. How does Eddie come across big money?
3. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
4. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
5. Who says, "Life has to end; love doesn't."?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)