|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Eddie's father when he died?
2. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
(a) He hated his father.
(b) He was scarred by the war.
(c) He missed his wife.
(d) He felt as though he accomplished nothing.
3. What was Eddie's promotion?
(a) Head of maintenance.
(b) Ticket taker.
4. Later, where does Amy or Annie meet an old man?
(a) In the Stardust Band Shell, at the Pier
(b) At the Freddy Fall, at the Pier.
(c) At the bench where Eddie made her pipe cleaner animals.
(d) On the boardwalk of the Pier.
5. To what does Ruby compare anger?
(a) A curved blade.
(b) A magnet.
6. How does Eddie's father treat his sons?
7. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The Pier and Eddie's car.
(c) The boardwalk.
(d) The Pier and Eddie's apartment.
8. How does Eddie feel about his father?
(b) Longing for acceptance.
(c) Pathetic and useless.
(d) Angry and hateful.
9. How many years of Eddie's life does the author reveal through this storyline?
10. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
11. On what does Eddie reflect during his last birthday?
(a) The times he spent with Marguerite.
(b) His job.
(c) His life.
(d) The war.
12. Who tries to save Mickey Shea from drowning?
(b) An ocean lifeguard.
(c) A carnival worker.
(d) Eddie's father.
13. What happens between Eddie and his father?
(a) They argue and never speak again.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) They discuss their bad relationship.
(d) The mend their differences.
14. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That many people looked up to him.
(b) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
(c) That it was mundane.
(d) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
15. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "weddings are for possibilities."?
2. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
3. What lesson does Tala teach Eddie?
4. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
5. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)