|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
(d) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
2. Who takes over Eddie's job?
(a) Eddie's assistant.
(b) The tall man from the carnival.
(d) Uncle Mickey.
3. Later, where does Amy or Annie meet an old man?
(a) At the bench where Eddie made her pipe cleaner animals.
(b) In the Stardust Band Shell, at the Pier
(c) On the boardwalk of the Pier.
(d) At the Freddy Fall, at the Pier.
4. To what does Ruby compare anger?
(a) A magnet.
(c) A curved blade.
5. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
(a) That he saves the little girl from the falling cart.
(b) That the little girl was killed by the cart and will meet him in Heaven.
(c) That many people cried when he died.
(d) That the park had to close without him.
6. Who is the third person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(b) His father.
(c) The little girl from the tent.
(d) An old woman.
7. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
(a) He visits his family's and Marguerite's graves.
(b) He goes to church.
(c) He works.
(d) He walks the boardwalk.
8. How does the book end?
(a) Tala's cleansing is the resolution.
(b) The story comes full circle.
(c) The resolution is left for the reader to decide.
(d) Marguerite welcomes Eddie home.
9. In Chapter Twelve, who beckons Eddie to come nearer?
(b) A small girl.
(c) His father.
10. From what had Tala been wounded?
(a) An accident.
(b) Fire, set by Eddie during the war.
(c) A ride.
(d) She had been beaten.
11. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) Three weeks.
12. Who mentally hurts Eddie in Chapter Eight?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) Uncle Mickey.
13. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That it was mundane.
(b) That many people looked up to him.
(c) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
(d) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
14. For whom does Eddie's father cry when he is hospitalized?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mickey Shea
(d) His wife, Joe, and Eddie.
15. What does Joe do for a living?
(a) Stock broker.
(b) Car dealer.
(d) Maintenance man.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Eddie reflect during his last birthday?
2. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
3. What does Eddie hear at the opening of Chapter Twelve?
4. Eddie and Marguerite save money for what big event?
5. Who tries to save Mickey Shea from drowning?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)