|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one word Eddie hears from God?
2. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
(a) Useless and used.
(b) Sad and resentful.
(c) Angry and hurt.
(d) Depressed and helpless.
3. What lesson does Tala teach Eddie?
(a) That his life mattered.
(b) That acceptance provides happiness.
(c) That love conquers all.
(d) That forgiveness is freeing.
4. How does Eddie feel about his father?
(a) Angry and hateful.
(c) Longing for acceptance.
(d) Pathetic and useless.
5. What was Eddie's promotion?
(b) Ticket taker.
(d) Head of maintenance.
6. Who tries to save Mickey Shea from drowning?
(a) Eddie's father.
(c) A carnival worker.
(d) An ocean lifeguard.
7. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
(a) On the boardwalk.
(b) At a diner.
(c) At the Pier.
(d) At a wedding reception.
8. How old is Marguerite when she dies?
9. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
(a) "Eddie was a kind soul."
(b) "Eddie loved children."
(c) "Eddie really loved his wife."
(d) "Eddie was a great worker."
10. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(b) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(c) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
(d) He is indifferent.
11. How does Eddie come across big money?
(a) Wins at the racetrack.
(b) He finds it beneath a ride.
(c) Gets a raise at work.
(d) Joe lends him the money.
12. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
(a) He is diligent and regimented.
(b) He is dependable, trustworthy and kind.
(c) He is motivated, yet unfulfilled.
(d) He is lazy, angry and resentful.
13. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
(a) "Too much bloodshed caused too much pain."
(b) "I killed ten men."
(c) "I lost myself."
(d) "It was unbearable."
14. Who is the last person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) Annie or Amy.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
15. Who will be one of Annie or Amy's people she meets in Heaven?
(b) Her mom.
(d) Her spouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over Eddie's job?
2. What does Eddie tell Marguerite?
3. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
4. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
5. Whose key is the cause of the Freddy Fall cable being shredded?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)