|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Marguerite's hospitalization?
(a) They lost the chance to adopt the baby.
(b) Permanent injury.
(c) Estranged marriage between Eddie and Marguerite.
(d) More bills for Eddie.
2. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
(a) He was scarred by the war.
(b) He hated his father.
(c) He felt as though he accomplished nothing.
(d) He missed his wife.
3. What lesson does Tala teach Eddie?
(a) That acceptance provides happiness.
(b) That forgiveness is freeing.
(c) That his life mattered.
(d) That love conquers all.
4. Who is Eddie's father's hospital roommate?
(a) Mickey Shea.
(c) Ruby's husband, Emile.
(d) The Blue Man.
5. Who is the third person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) An old woman.
(c) The little girl from the tent.
(d) His father.
6. Who says, "Life has to end; love doesn't."?
(c) Eddie's boss.
(d) Eddie's attorney.
7. What do Eddie and Marguerite discuss in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Eddie's father.
(b) The pain of missing one another for so many years.
(c) The war.
(d) The baby they could never have.
8. From what had Tala been wounded?
(a) A ride.
(b) She had been beaten.
(c) An accident.
(d) Fire, set by Eddie during the war.
9. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(d) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
10. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
(a) "I killed ten men."
(b) "It was unbearable."
(c) "I lost myself."
(d) "Too much bloodshed caused too much pain."
11. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
(a) Tala; her hands were in his.
(b) His father; he has to seek Eddie's forgiveness.
(c) Marguerite; her love guides him to Heaven.
(d) Rabozzo; he shows Eddie that he is really okay.
12. Later, where does Amy or Annie meet an old man?
(a) At the bench where Eddie made her pipe cleaner animals.
(b) On the boardwalk of the Pier.
(c) At the Freddy Fall, at the Pier.
(d) In the Stardust Band Shell, at the Pier
13. Where does the story end?
(a) In the present, at the Pier.
(b) In the past, at the Pier.
(c) In the future, at the Pier.
(d) In Heaven.
14. For whom does Eddie's father cry when he is hospitalized?
(a) His mother.
(c) His wife, Joe, and Eddie.
(d) Mickey Shea
15. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That many people looked up to him.
(b) That it was mundane.
(c) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
(d) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Eddie's belongings?
2. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
3. Who pays for Eddie's funeral?
4. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
5. In Chapter Twelve, who beckons Eddie to come nearer?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)