|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
(a) Being under water, as if being reborn.
(b) Flying through the clouds, freely.
(c) He rides the Freddie Fall ride without fear of its disrepair.
(d) Being washed and cleansed from his hurts.
2. Who pays for Eddie's funeral?
(a) The park owner, from his own pocket.
(b) The park owner, with Eddie's paycheck.
(c) Eddie's estate.
(d) The little girl's mother.
3. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
(a) That many people looked up to him.
(b) That keeping the Pier clean was worthwhile.
(c) That he saved many children by keeping them safe on the rides.
(d) That it was mundane.
4. Who is Tala?
(a) His daughter.
(b) A child Eddie kept safe by doing his job at the Pier.
(c) The girl who dies in the tent in the Philippines.
(d) The girl Eddie saves from Freddy Fall.
5. With whom does Eddie's father die?
(c) No one.
(d) His wife.
6. Who tries to save Mickey Shea from drowning?
(b) An ocean lifeguard.
(c) A carnival worker.
(d) Eddie's father.
7. What was Eddie's promotion?
(a) Ticket taker.
(b) Head of maintenance.
8. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
(a) He sleeps all day.
(b) He rides the rides on the Pier.
(c) He visits the place he and Marguerite first met.
(d) He goes to work and fishes.
9. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
10. Why does Eddie's father forgive Mickey Shea?
(a) Eddie's father does not love his wife.
(b) Eddie's father owes Mickey Shea money.
(c) Mickey Shea saved Eddie's father once.
(d) Mickey has a drinking problem and does not act out on purpose.
11. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
(a) "Eddie loved children."
(b) "Eddie was a kind soul."
(c) "Eddie was a great worker."
(d) "Eddie really loved his wife."
12. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Lost love is still love; it just takes a different form.
(b) Life is short and there is no time for regret.
(c) Forgiveness comes easily with love.
(d) It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.
13. Eddie and Marguerite save money for what big event?
(a) New car.
(b) A new apartment.
(c) Wedding anniversary party.
(d) Adoption of a child.
14. How does Eddie's father help Eddie?
(a) He gives Eddie the apartment.
(b) He gives Eddie money.
(c) He forgives Eddie.
(d) He makes Eddie get a job.
15. On what does Eddie reflect during his last birthday?
(a) The times he spent with Marguerite.
(b) His life.
(c) The war.
(d) His job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last person Eddie meets in Heaven?
2. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
3. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
4. How does Eddie's father treat his sons?
5. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)