Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
(a) Useless and used.
(b) Depressed and helpless.
(c) Sad and resentful.
(d) Angry and hurt.
2. How does Eddie feel about his father?
(a) Longing for acceptance.
(b) Angry and hateful.
(c) Pathetic and useless.
3. What does Joe do for a living?
(b) Car dealer.
(c) Maintenance man.
(d) Stock broker.
4. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(b) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(c) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
(d) He is indifferent.
5. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
(b) Ruby's husband.
(c) His boss.
(d) His buddy from the war.
6. How old is Marguerite when she dies?
7. From what had Tala been wounded?
(a) Fire, set by Eddie during the war.
(b) An accident.
(c) She had been beaten.
(d) A ride.
8. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
9. Where does the story end?
(a) In the future, at the Pier.
(b) In the present, at the Pier.
(c) In Heaven.
(d) In the past, at the Pier.
10. What does Eddie do on his seventy-fifth birthday?
(a) Takes a drive.
(b) Works at the park.
(c) Goes to the racetrack.
(d) Goes fishing.
11. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
(a) Eddie's wife.
(b) Eddie's mother.
12. What is the result of Marguerite's hospitalization?
(a) Estranged marriage between Eddie and Marguerite.
(b) They lost the chance to adopt the baby.
(c) More bills for Eddie.
(d) Permanent injury.
13. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The denouement, or resolution.
(b) The climax.
(c) The introduction.
(d) The falling action.
14. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
(a) He is motivated, yet unfulfilled.
(b) He is diligent and regimented.
(c) He is dependable, trustworthy and kind.
(d) He is lazy, angry and resentful.
15. How many years of Eddie's life does the author reveal through this storyline?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie tell Marguerite?
2. Who mentally hurts Eddie in Chapter Eight?
3. How does Eddie's father help Eddie?
4. Why is Eddie envious of Joe?
5. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)