|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who mentally hurts Eddie in Chapter Eight?
(a) His brother.
(b) Uncle Mickey.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. About what in his own life is the estate attorney pleased?
(a) His job.
(b) His nest egg.
(c) His family.
(d) His wife.
3. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
(a) Rabozzo; he shows Eddie that he is really okay.
(b) Marguerite; her love guides him to Heaven.
(c) His father; he has to seek Eddie's forgiveness.
(d) Tala; her hands were in his.
4. How does the book end?
(a) Tala's cleansing is the resolution.
(b) The story comes full circle.
(c) Marguerite welcomes Eddie home.
(d) The resolution is left for the reader to decide.
5. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The future.
(b) The past.
(c) The present.
(d) The moment frozen when the ride crashes.
6. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
(a) He felt as though he accomplished nothing.
(b) He was scarred by the war.
(c) He hated his father.
(d) He missed his wife.
7. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
(a) He washes her with the stone.
(b) He kisses her forehead.
(c) He washes her with water from his canteen.
(d) He listens to her story.
8. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
(a) "Eddie was a kind soul."
(b) "Eddie really loved his wife."
(c) "Eddie loved children."
(d) "Eddie was a great worker."
9. What does Eddie see?
(a) Brown-skinned children playing in a river.
(b) Devastation of war.
(d) Marguerite, beckoning him.
10. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
(a) He rides the rides on the Pier.
(b) He visits the place he and Marguerite first met.
(c) He sleeps all day.
(d) He goes to work and fishes.
11. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
(a) That the little girl was killed by the cart and will meet him in Heaven.
(b) That many people cried when he died.
(c) That he saves the little girl from the falling cart.
(d) That the park had to close without him.
12. Why does Marguerite spend six months in the hospital?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is pregnant and on bed rest.
(c) She is in a car accident.
(d) She has pneumonia.
13. How does Eddie's father treat his sons?
14. For what are Eddie's co-worker and estate attorney looking?
(a) Bank statement or other valuables.
(b) The deed to Eddie's apartment.
(d) The keys to Ruby Pier.
15. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
(a) He is motivated, yet unfulfilled.
(b) He is dependable, trustworthy and kind.
(c) He is lazy, angry and resentful.
(d) He is diligent and regimented.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
2. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
3. Where does the story end?
4. In Chapter Twelve, who beckons Eddie to come nearer?
5. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)