|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
(a) "It was unbearable."
(b) "I lost myself."
(c) "Too much bloodshed caused too much pain."
(d) "I killed ten men."
2. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
(a) He missed his wife.
(b) He felt as though he accomplished nothing.
(c) He hated his father.
(d) He was scarred by the war.
3. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
4. What does Eddie tell Marguerite?
(a) He loves her and he is sorry.
(b) He wishes he had been a better husband.
(c) He wished he could save her.
(d) He forgives her.
5. Where is Chapter Eight set?
(a) On a farm, hosting a carnival.
(b) In a field, in a car.
(c) In a helicopter, leaving a battle.
(d) On a mountain range, in a diner.
6. What happens to Eddie's belongings?
(a) They are packed away with Ruby Pier memorabilia.
(b) The estate attorney takes them.
(c) They are sent to Eddie's long time friend.
(d) His apartment is pillaged by teenagers visiting the park.
7. With whom does Eddie's father die?
(b) His wife.
(c) No one.
8. What is the one word Eddie hears from God?
9. What does Eddie do on his seventy-fifth birthday?
(a) Takes a drive.
(b) Works at the park.
(c) Goes fishing.
(d) Goes to the racetrack.
10. Who is the last person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(b) Annie or Amy.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
11. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The climax.
(b) The introduction.
(c) The falling action.
(d) The denouement, or resolution.
12. How old is Marguerite when she dies?
13. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
(a) That many people cried when he died.
(b) That the park had to close without him.
(c) That the little girl was killed by the cart and will meet him in Heaven.
(d) That he saves the little girl from the falling cart.
14. For whom does Eddie's father cry when he is hospitalized?
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife, Joe, and Eddie.
(d) Mickey Shea
15. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
(a) Rabozzo; he shows Eddie that he is really okay.
(b) His father; he has to seek Eddie's forgiveness.
(c) Tala; her hands were in his.
(d) Marguerite; her love guides him to Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie's father help Eddie?
2. Why does Eddie's father forgive Mickey Shea?
3. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
4. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
5. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)