|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
(a) That many people cried when he died.
(b) That the little girl was killed by the cart and will meet him in Heaven.
(c) That he saves the little girl from the falling cart.
(d) That the park had to close without him.
2. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
(a) Ruby's husband.
(b) His boss.
(c) His buddy from the war.
3. How does Eddie come across big money?
(a) Joe lends him the money.
(b) Wins at the racetrack.
(c) He finds it beneath a ride.
(d) Gets a raise at work.
4. What does Joe do for a living?
(a) Maintenance man.
(b) Stock broker.
(c) Car dealer.
5. Who mentally hurts Eddie in Chapter Eight?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) Uncle Mickey.
6. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The moment frozen when the ride crashes.
(b) The future.
(c) The past.
(d) The present.
7. What is the final lesson taught in The Five People You Meet in Heaven?
(a) Each action causes a reaction.
(b) Each person affects the other and that other person affects the next person, and so on.
(c) Love heals all things.
(d) Kindness prevails over all other actions.
8. Eddie and Marguerite save money for what big event?
(a) Adoption of a child.
(b) A new apartment.
(c) Wedding anniversary party.
(d) New car.
9. What is the result of Marguerite's hospitalization?
(a) Permanent injury.
(b) They lost the chance to adopt the baby.
(c) Estranged marriage between Eddie and Marguerite.
(d) More bills for Eddie.
10. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
(a) Eddie, in the Epilogue.
(b) Annie or Amy, in the Epilogue.
(c) The author, in the Epilogue.
(d) Tala, in the Epilogue.
11. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
(a) He washes her with the stone.
(b) He kisses her forehead.
(c) He listens to her story.
(d) He washes her with water from his canteen.
12. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
13. What was Eddie's promotion?
(a) Ticket taker.
(c) Head of maintenance.
14. Where does the story end?
(a) In the future, at the Pier.
(b) In the past, at the Pier.
(c) In the present, at the Pier.
(d) In Heaven.
15. Who is Eddie's father's hospital roommate?
(a) The Blue Man.
(c) Ruby's husband, Emile.
(d) Mickey Shea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
2. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
3. From what does Marguerite eventually die?
4. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
5. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)