|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "The world is full of stories, but the stories are all one."?
(a) Tala, in the Epilogue.
(b) The author, in the Epilogue.
(c) Annie or Amy, in the Epilogue.
(d) Eddie, in the Epilogue.
2. Who is Tala?
(a) The girl Eddie saves from Freddy Fall.
(b) His daughter.
(c) A child Eddie kept safe by doing his job at the Pier.
(d) The girl who dies in the tent in the Philippines.
3. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Lost love is still love; it just takes a different form.
(b) Forgiveness comes easily with love.
(c) It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.
(d) Life is short and there is no time for regret.
4. How does Eddie spend his first birthday after Marguerite's death?
(a) He lights a candle for her on his cake.
(b) He does not celebrate any more.
(c) He visits Marguerite's grave.
(d) He works.
5. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
(a) He listens to her story.
(b) He washes her with the stone.
(c) He washes her with water from his canteen.
(d) He kisses her forehead.
6. Why was Eddie sad when he was living?
(a) He missed his wife.
(b) He was scarred by the war.
(c) He hated his father.
(d) He felt as though he accomplished nothing.
7. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
(a) On the boardwalk.
(b) At a wedding reception.
(c) At a diner.
(d) At the Pier.
8. How does Eddie's father help Eddie?
(a) He gives Eddie the apartment.
(b) He gives Eddie money.
(c) He makes Eddie get a job.
(d) He forgives Eddie.
9. What is the result of Marguerite's hospitalization?
(a) They lost the chance to adopt the baby.
(b) Estranged marriage between Eddie and Marguerite.
(c) Permanent injury.
(d) More bills for Eddie.
10. Who pays for Eddie's funeral?
(a) The park owner, with Eddie's paycheck.
(b) The little girl's mother.
(c) The park owner, from his own pocket.
(d) Eddie's estate.
11. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
(a) The Pier and Eddie's apartment.
(b) The boardwalk.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The Pier and Eddie's car.
12. How does Eddie feel about his father?
(b) Pathetic and useless.
(c) Angry and hateful.
(d) Longing for acceptance.
13. What happens to Eddie's belongings?
(a) They are packed away with Ruby Pier memorabilia.
(b) The estate attorney takes them.
(c) His apartment is pillaged by teenagers visiting the park.
(d) They are sent to Eddie's long time friend.
14. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
(a) Tala; her hands were in his.
(b) Rabozzo; he shows Eddie that he is really okay.
(c) His father; he has to seek Eddie's forgiveness.
(d) Marguerite; her love guides him to Heaven.
15. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what had Tala been wounded?
2. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
3. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
4. Who is the third person Eddie meets in Heaven?
5. Where is Chapter Eight set?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)