|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Twelve, who beckons Eddie to come nearer?
(b) A small girl.
(d) His father.
2. Who is Eddie's father's hospital roommate?
(a) Ruby's husband, Emile.
(b) The Blue Man.
(d) Mickey Shea.
3. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
4. How does Eddie come across big money?
(a) Joe lends him the money.
(b) Wins at the racetrack.
(c) Gets a raise at work.
(d) He finds it beneath a ride.
5. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The climax.
(b) The introduction.
(c) The denouement, or resolution.
(d) The falling action.
6. Why does Marguerite spend six months in the hospital?
(a) She is in a car accident.
(b) She has pneumonia.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is pregnant and on bed rest.
7. How does Eddie's father treat his sons?
8. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
9. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
(a) That the little girl was killed by the cart and will meet him in Heaven.
(b) That he saves the little girl from the falling cart.
(c) That many people cried when he died.
(d) That the park had to close without him.
10. On what does Eddie reflect during his last birthday?
(a) His job.
(b) The war.
(c) His life.
(d) The times he spent with Marguerite.
11. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
(a) He is dependable, trustworthy and kind.
(b) He is lazy, angry and resentful.
(c) He is motivated, yet unfulfilled.
(d) He is diligent and regimented.
12. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
(a) At a wedding reception.
(b) On the boardwalk.
(c) At the Pier.
(d) At a diner.
13. What is the final lesson taught in The Five People You Meet in Heaven?
(a) Love heals all things.
(b) Kindness prevails over all other actions.
(c) Each action causes a reaction.
(d) Each person affects the other and that other person affects the next person, and so on.
14. What was Eddie's promotion?
(c) Head of maintenance.
(d) Ticket taker.
15. What do Eddie and Marguerite discuss in Chapter Eleven?
(a) The pain of missing one another for so many years.
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) The baby they could never have.
(d) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
2. How old is Marguerite when she dies?
3. How does the book end?
4. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
5. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)