|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eddie and Marguerite save money for what big event?
(a) A new apartment.
(b) New car.
(c) Adoption of a child.
(d) Wedding anniversary party.
2. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Life is short and there is no time for regret.
(b) Forgiveness comes easily with love.
(c) It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.
(d) Lost love is still love; it just takes a different form.
3. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
(a) His love has remained with her, and hers, with him.
(b) That she always forgave him.
(c) That she felt no pain when she died.
(d) That Heaven is a good place to be.
4. What does Eddie hear at the opening of Chapter Twelve?
(c) Angels singing.
5. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
(a) He sleeps all day.
(b) He visits the place he and Marguerite first met.
(c) He goes to work and fishes.
(d) He rides the rides on the Pier.
6. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
7. Who tries to save Mickey Shea from drowning?
(a) Eddie's father.
(c) A carnival worker.
(d) An ocean lifeguard.
8. What does Joe do for a living?
(a) Car dealer.
(c) Maintenance man.
(d) Stock broker.
9. About what in his own life is the estate attorney pleased?
(a) His nest egg.
(b) His wife.
(c) His family.
(d) His job.
10. What does Eddie see?
(a) Marguerite, beckoning him.
(b) Brown-skinned children playing in a river.
(d) Devastation of war.
11. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The climax.
(b) The introduction.
(c) The falling action.
(d) The denouement, or resolution.
12. Why does Eddie's father forgive Mickey Shea?
(a) Mickey Shea saved Eddie's father once.
(b) Mickey has a drinking problem and does not act out on purpose.
(c) Eddie's father does not love his wife.
(d) Eddie's father owes Mickey Shea money.
13. Who is the last person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Annie or Amy.
14. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
(a) That many people cried when he died.
(b) That the little girl was killed by the cart and will meet him in Heaven.
(c) That he saves the little girl from the falling cart.
(d) That the park had to close without him.
15. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
(a) He is motivated, yet unfulfilled.
(b) He is diligent and regimented.
(c) He is lazy, angry and resentful.
(d) He is dependable, trustworthy and kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Marguerite eventually die?
2. Who is Eddie's father's hospital roommate?
3. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
4. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
5. Who mentally hurts Eddie in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)