|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one word Eddie hears from God?
2. How many years of Eddie's life does the author reveal through this storyline?
3. In Chapter Twelve, who beckons Eddie to come nearer?
(b) A small girl.
(d) His father.
4. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The present.
(b) The future.
(c) The moment frozen when the ride crashes.
(d) The past.
5. Who is the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) Ruby's husband.
(b) Eddie's father.
(d) Amy or Annie.
6. Why does Marguerite spend six months in the hospital?
(a) She has pneumonia.
(b) She is in a car accident.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is pregnant and on bed rest.
7. Who is Tala?
(a) The girl who dies in the tent in the Philippines.
(b) The girl Eddie saves from Freddy Fall.
(c) A child Eddie kept safe by doing his job at the Pier.
(d) His daughter.
8. How old was Eddie's father when he died?
9. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
10. Who says, "Is where you were supposed to be, Eddie Main-ten-ance"?
(a) Eddie's boss.
(b) Annie or Amy.
11. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
12. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
13. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(c) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(d) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
14. How does Eddie come across big money?
(a) Wins at the racetrack.
(b) Gets a raise at work.
(c) Joe lends him the money.
(d) He finds it beneath a ride.
15. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
(a) That she felt no pain when she died.
(b) That she always forgave him.
(c) That Heaven is a good place to be.
(d) His love has remained with her, and hers, with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
2. Who is the third person Eddie meets in Heaven?
3. How does Eddie feel about his life without Marguerite?
4. Where does the story end?
5. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)