|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie feel about his life without Marguerite?
(d) Unhappy and unfulfilled.
2. From what does Marguerite eventually die?
(a) Broken heart.
(b) Brain tumor.
(c) Lung cancer.
3. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
(a) The denouement, or resolution.
(b) The climax.
(c) The introduction.
(d) The falling action.
4. Who will be one of Annie or Amy's people she meets in Heaven?
(b) Her spouse.
(d) Her mom.
5. What does Eddie tell Marguerite?
(a) He forgives her.
(b) He loves her and he is sorry.
(c) He wishes he had been a better husband.
(d) He wished he could save her.
6. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The moment frozen when the ride crashes.
(b) The present.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
7. Whose key is the cause of the Freddy Fall cable being shredded?
(a) Ruby's great-grandson.
(b) Tala's father.
(c) Amy or Annie's brother.
(d) The assistant maintenance worker.
8. Who is Eddie's father's hospital roommate?
(a) Mickey Shea.
(c) Ruby's husband, Emile.
(d) The Blue Man.
9. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
(a) "It was unbearable."
(b) "I killed ten men."
(c) "I lost myself."
(d) "Too much bloodshed caused too much pain."
10. What does Eddie feel that ultimately brings him peace?
(a) Being washed and cleansed from his hurts.
(b) Being under water, as if being reborn.
(c) Flying through the clouds, freely.
(d) He rides the Freddie Fall ride without fear of its disrepair.
11. What lesson does Tala teach Eddie?
(a) That love conquers all.
(b) That forgiveness is freeing.
(c) That his life mattered.
(d) That acceptance provides happiness.
12. From what had Tala been wounded?
(a) An accident.
(b) A ride.
(c) She had been beaten.
(d) Fire, set by Eddie during the war.
13. For what are Eddie's co-worker and estate attorney looking?
(b) The deed to Eddie's apartment.
(c) The keys to Ruby Pier.
(d) Bank statement or other valuables.
14. How many years of Eddie's life does the author reveal through this storyline?
15. Where does Eddie meet the fourth person in Heaven?
(a) On the boardwalk.
(b) At a wedding reception.
(c) At the Pier.
(d) At a diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie's father help Eddie?
2. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
3. How old is Marguerite when she dies?
4. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
5. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)