Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
(a) From an accident at the Pier.
(b) Getting it caught in a ride.
(c) From a car accident.
(d) From the war.
2. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
(a) Ruby Pier.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) In the hospital where he is first born.
(d) At a dance with Marguerite.
3. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
(a) Whether Rabozzo went to Heaven.
(b) Whether he saves the girl at Ruby Pier.
(c) Whether he will ever return to Ruby Pier.
(d) Whether the Captain felt any pain before he died.
4. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
(a) She loses her mommy.
(b) She is kidnapped.
(c) She is in an accident with the Freddie Fall cart.
(d) She falls off the ride.
5. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
(a) A medal of honor.
(b) Forgiveness for shooting him in the leg.
(c) Validation that the rest of the men made it out safely.
(d) Eddie's dog tags.
6. What does Eddie remember thinking, right after he dies?
(a) Did he live a good life?
(b) Will he see his father?
(c) Did he save the little girl?
(d) Will he have a chance to redo anything in life?
7. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
(a) A pipe cleaner rabbit.
(b) An ice cream cone.
(c) A magic trick.
(d) A rabbit made from balloons.
8. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
9. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
(a) He dies in an accident at the Pier.
(b) He quits his job at the Pier.
(c) He becomes crippled from an accident at the Pier.
(d) He celebrates his birthday.
10. Where does Eddie wake up in Chapter Three?
(a) In his bed.
(b) In the Philippines.
(c) In the teacup ride on Ruby Pier.
(d) In heaven.
11. As discovered in Chapter Six, for what is Eddie saving his money?
(a) To attend school to become a mathematician.
(b) To attend school to become a teacher.
(c) To attend school to become a construction worker.
(d) To attend school for engineering.
12. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
(a) With a pony ride.
(b) With a nice dinner.
(c) With a party at home.
(d) At a picnic at the Pier.
13. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
(a) In front of the Freddy Fall.
(b) In front of the freak show.
(c) In front of the Ferris Wheel.
(d) In front of the popcorn machine.
14. What is Eddie's last memory of being alive?
(b) The cart falling on the little girl.
(c) The war.
(d) Working at the Pier.
15. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
(a) It is the new Ruby Pier.
(b) It is the Ruby Pier of the present.
(c) It is Ruby Pier of Eddie's childhood.
(d) It is the Ruby Pier of the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What world event is happening in Chapter Five?
2. When is Chapter Three set?
3. In death, what step is Ruby Pier for the Blue Man?
4. What is the last thing Eddie remembers physically feeling before he dies?
5. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)