|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
(b) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(c) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(d) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
2. What lesson does Eddie learn in Chapter Seven?
(a) That war causes permanent damage.
(b) That sacrifice is essential.
(c) That love is painful.
(d) That forgiveness is easy.
3. In the scene played out in Chapter Five, what does Joe do to make Eddie angry?
(a) He punches Eddie.
(b) He shares Eddie's news of marriage plans.
(c) He lies to Eddie.
(d) He steals Eddie's girl.
4. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She loses her mommy.
(c) She is in an accident with the Freddie Fall cart.
(d) She falls off the ride.
5. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
(a) Freddy Free Fall.
(b) Ferris Wheel.
(c) Roller coaster.
(d) Bumper cars.
6. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
(a) The rides have all ceased working.
(b) Business, as usual.
(c) People await the ambulance.
(d) A sideshow has come to visit.
7. What is the last thing Eddie remembers physically feeling before he dies?
(d) The little girl's hands in his own.
8. What dance does Eddie recall before the time he was crippled?
(a) "You Made Me Love You."
(b) "You Are the Love of My Life."
(c) "I Finally Found You."
(d) "Starry Eyed-Hop."
9. Where does Eddie meet the love of his life?
(a) At a church dance.
(b) Overseas when he was a soldier.
(c) At an eating establishment.
(d) At Ruby Pier.
10. In death, what step is Ruby Pier for the Blue Man?
(a) The final step.
(b) The first step.
(c) The second step.
(d) The third step.
11. What happens to the Freddie Fall car?
(a) Its safety harness does not work, causing passengers to be in danger.
(b) The car is tilted and passengers are in danger.
(c) It gets stuck in the air and cannot come down.
(d) It will not move to make the ride operate.
12. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
(a) As malicious.
(b) As oblivious.
(c) As kind.
(d) As insensitive to a child.
13. Who is the second person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) The Captain.
(c) The girl whom Eddie tries to save at the Pier.
14. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
(a) Ruby Pier.
(b) At a dance with Marguerite.
(c) In the hospital where he is first born.
(d) In his apartment.
15. How does Eddie feel when he wakes up?
(a) Happy and alive.
(b) Wonderful, but alone.
(c) Sad and alone.
(d) Young, but skeptical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does Amy or Annie serve in the story thus far?
2. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
3. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
4. Who is Uncle Mickey?
5. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)