|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
(a) He does magic tricks.
(b) He sings.
(c) He's a comedian.
(d) He juggles.
2. Who prevents a fatal accident at the Freddie Fall?
(a) A ride attendant.
(d) The young man.
3. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His best friend.
4. What happens to Eddie's leg?
(a) He gets caught in a landmine.
(b) He is beaten by enemy soldiers.
(c) The Captain shoots him to prevent Eddie from entering a burning tent.
(d) He falls from a tree.
5. What happens between Eddie and his brother in Chapter Five?
(a) They get into an accident.
(b) They decide to never speak again.
(c) They part ways forever.
(d) They get into a fight.
6. Why can't Eddie play with the erector set he received for his eighth birthday?
(a) It breaks before he can use it.
(b) His father takes it away.
(c) He has to attend a funeral.
(d) He misbehaved.
7. What do Eddie and the other three soldiers have to do while imprisoned?
(a) Work in a coal mine.
(b) Build new enemy huts.
(c) Share military secrets.
(d) Beat other inmates.
8. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) At a dance with Marguerite.
(c) Ruby Pier.
(d) In the hospital where he is first born.
9. Whom does Eddie see in front of the freak show?
(a) A man whose skin is blue.
(b) Conjoined twins.
(c) A giant man.
(d) The woman with a beard.
10. Where does the reader learn that Eddie and three other soldiers are being held?
(a) Bamboo barracks.
(b) Under ground.
(c) In a small hut.
(d) In a steel box.
11. What is the author doing in Chapter Three?
(a) Weaving together present with future.
(b) Showing readers Eddie's future.
(c) Weaving together past with present.
(d) Showing readers Eddie's weaknesses.
12. Where does Eddie meet the love of his life?
(a) At Ruby Pier.
(b) At a church dance.
(c) Overseas when he was a soldier.
(d) At an eating establishment.
13. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
(a) As insensitive to a child.
(b) As kind.
(c) As malicious.
(d) As oblivious.
14. What does Eddie learn about Heaven in Chapter Four?
(a) It has many steps.
(b) It is a dream.
(c) It is subjective.
(d) It is difficult to attain.
15. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
(a) She is in an accident with the Freddie Fall cart.
(b) She loses her mommy.
(c) She falls off the ride.
(d) She is kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie see when he dies?
2. As discovered in Chapter Six, for what is Eddie saving his money?
3. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
4. What does Eddie first ask the first person he meets in Heaven?
5. Where does Eddie wake up in Chapter Three?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)