|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
(a) Mickey Shea.
(b) Eddie's brother.
(c) Eddie's father.
(d) The Captain.
2. What does Eddie do, just because he can, in Chapter Three?
(a) Breathes in the moment.
(b) Yells in elation.
(c) Runs around the park.
(d) Rides the rides.
3. What purpose does Amy or Annie serve in the story thus far?
(a) To give purpose to the setting.
(b) To shock the reader.
(c) To build suspense.
(d) To foreshadow events.
4. What does Eddie do for a living?
(a) He is a handyman.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He is a carnival clown.
(d) Performs maintenance at an amusement park.
5. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
(a) People await the ambulance.
(b) A sideshow has come to visit.
(c) Business, as usual.
(d) The rides have all ceased working.
6. As discovered in Chapter Six, for what is Eddie saving his money?
(a) To attend school to become a teacher.
(b) To attend school to become a construction worker.
(c) To attend school to become a mathematician.
(d) To attend school for engineering.
7. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
(a) The Captain.
(c) The enemy soldier.
8. What does Eddie see when he dies?
(c) Different colors and changing landscape.
9. Who is the second person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The Captain.
(c) The girl whom Eddie tries to save at the Pier.
(d) His girlfriend.
10. What world event is happening in Chapter Five?
(a) War in Europe.
(b) The Stock Market Crash.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) A new President is being elected.
11. What lesson does Eddie learn in Chapter Seven?
(a) That forgiveness is easy.
(b) That war causes permanent damage.
(c) That sacrifice is essential.
(d) That love is painful.
12. Why can't Eddie play with the erector set he received for his eighth birthday?
(a) He misbehaved.
(b) It breaks before he can use it.
(c) His father takes it away.
(d) He has to attend a funeral.
13. In the scene played out in Chapter Five, what does Joe do to make Eddie angry?
(a) He lies to Eddie.
(b) He shares Eddie's news of marriage plans.
(c) He punches Eddie.
(d) He steals Eddie's girl.
14. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
(a) He dies in an accident at the Pier.
(b) He becomes crippled from an accident at the Pier.
(c) He quits his job at the Pier.
(d) He celebrates his birthday.
15. When is Chapter Three set?
(a) During the present.
(b) In the future.
(c) In Eddie's past.
(d) Before Eddie was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie feel after he has died?
2. What does Marguerite tell Eddie before he leaves for the war?
3. Why does Eddie feel like his body is that of a child in Chapter Four?
4. What does Uncle Mickey give Eddie for his birthday?
5. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)