|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
(a) Steal from the enemy camps.
(b) Take enemy soldiers captive.
(c) Burn the barracks and blow up the mines.
(d) Have a funeral for Rabozzo.
2. What does Eddie remember thinking, right after he dies?
(a) Did he save the little girl?
(b) Did he live a good life?
(c) Will he have a chance to redo anything in life?
(d) Will he see his father?
3. How does Eddie feel when he wakes up?
(a) Wonderful, but alone.
(b) Young, but skeptical.
(c) Happy and alive.
(d) Sad and alone.
4. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
(a) It is his birthday.
(b) It is the opening day of the season at Ruby Pier.
(c) It is Christmas day.
(d) It is his co-worker's wife's birthday.
5. What purpose does Amy or Annie serve in the story thus far?
(a) To shock the reader.
(b) To give purpose to the setting.
(c) To foreshadow events.
(d) To build suspense.
6. What does Eddie see when he dies?
(b) Different colors and changing landscape.
7. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
8. Who does the author introduce in a flashback at the end of Chapter One?
(a) Eddie's father.
(b) Eddie's brother.
(c) Eddie's friend.
(d) Eddie's girlfriend.
9. Who is Uncle Mickey?
(a) Marguerite's brother.
(b) He works with Eddie's dad at the Pier.
(c) An old friend of Marguerite's.
(d) Eddie's father's brother.
10. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
(a) Eddie's brother.
(b) Mickey Shea.
(c) Eddie's father.
(d) The Captain.
11. Who is the second person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The Captain.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) The girl whom Eddie tries to save at the Pier.
12. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
13. Where does Eddie meet the love of his life?
(a) At an eating establishment.
(b) At a church dance.
(c) At Ruby Pier.
(d) Overseas when he was a soldier.
14. What is the author doing in Chapter Three?
(a) Showing readers Eddie's future.
(b) Weaving together past with present.
(c) Showing readers Eddie's weaknesses.
(d) Weaving together present with future.
15. What does Eddie do for a living?
(a) Performs maintenance at an amusement park.
(b) He is a carnival clown.
(c) He is in the military.
(d) He is a handyman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie hear once he dies?
2. What happens between Eddie and his brother in Chapter Five?
3. What does Eddie learn from the Blue Man?
4. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
5. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)