|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Eddie see in front of the freak show?
(a) The woman with a beard.
(b) Conjoined twins.
(c) A man whose skin is blue.
(d) A giant man.
2. What do Eddie and the other three soldiers have to do while imprisoned?
(a) Work in a coal mine.
(b) Share military secrets.
(c) Beat other inmates.
(d) Build new enemy huts.
3. What does Eddie remember thinking, right after he dies?
(a) Will he have a chance to redo anything in life?
(b) Will he see his father?
(c) Did he save the little girl?
(d) Did he live a good life?
4. From what does the Captain save his men?
(a) Burning tents.
(b) Friendly fire.
(c) A landmine.
(d) The coal mine.
5. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
(a) It has disappeared forever.
(b) It will come; silence helps people listen.
(c) It will change once Eddie learns his lessons.
(d) It is only permitted during urgent situations.
6. What does Eddie decide to do for a profession when he is young?
(a) He becomes a maintenance worker.
(b) He becomes an engineer.
(c) He enlists in the army.
(d) He becomes a teacher.
7. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
(a) He quits his job at the Pier.
(b) He dies in an accident at the Pier.
(c) He celebrates his birthday.
(d) He becomes crippled from an accident at the Pier.
8. What does Marguerite tell Eddie before he leaves for the war?
(a) That she will wait for him.
(b) That she cannot wait for him.
(c) That she will marry another man.
(d) That she loves him.
9. What does Eddie do, just because he can, in Chapter Three?
(a) Rides the rides.
(b) Runs around the park.
(c) Breathes in the moment.
(d) Yells in elation.
10. What color does Eddie see when he first dies?
(b) Pumpkin color.
(c) Sky blue.
(d) Bright white.
11. What happens between Eddie and his brother in Chapter Five?
(a) They get into a fight.
(b) They part ways forever.
(c) They get into an accident.
(d) They decide to never speak again.
12. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
(a) The burnt tents used to rest here.
(b) Rabozzo dies here.
(c) Eddie gets rescued here.
(d) It is the Captain's burial ground.
13. When was the freak show shut down?
(a) Twenty-five years ago.
(b) Eighty years ago.
(c) Fifty years ago.
(d) Five years ago.
14. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The Blue Man.
(b) Dominiguez, his assistant from Ruby Pier.
(c) His brother.
(d) His dad.
15. Who says, "the human spirit knows, deep down, that all lives intersect....death doesn't take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed."?
(a) The funeral director.
(b) The priest.
(c) The Blue Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
2. What does Eddie learn about Heaven in Chapter Four?
3. Where does the reader learn that Eddie and three other soldiers are being held?
4. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
5. Who says, "you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind."?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)