|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie first ask the first person he meets in Heaven?
(a) How did Eddie die?
(b) How long will Eddie be at the Pier?
(c) How old is Eddie now?
(d) Why is the Pier Heaven?
2. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
(a) It is the Ruby Pier of the present.
(b) It is Ruby Pier of Eddie's childhood.
(c) It is the new Ruby Pier.
(d) It is the Ruby Pier of the past.
3. What does Eddie do for a living?
(a) He is in the military.
(b) He is a carnival clown.
(c) He is a handyman.
(d) Performs maintenance at an amusement park.
4. Who says, "the human spirit knows, deep down, that all lives intersect....death doesn't take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed."?
(b) The Blue Man.
(c) The funeral director.
(d) The priest.
5. Whose philosophy reads, "When your time came, it came, and that was that"?
(b) Eddie's father.
(d) A child's.
6. What is the last thing Eddie remembers physically feeling before he dies?
(c) The little girl's hands in his own.
7. When was the freak show shut down?
(a) Five years ago.
(b) Eighty years ago.
(c) Twenty-five years ago.
(d) Fifty years ago.
8. What world event is happening in Chapter Five?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) War in Europe.
(c) The Stock Market Crash.
(d) A new President is being elected.
9. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(b) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
(c) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
(d) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
10. Where does Eddie meet the love of his life?
(a) At a church dance.
(b) Overseas when he was a soldier.
(c) At Ruby Pier.
(d) At an eating establishment.
11. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
(a) Getting it caught in a ride.
(b) From an accident at the Pier.
(c) From the war.
(d) From a car accident.
12. What does Eddie feel after he has died?
(c) Calm and no pain.
13. What does Eddie learn from the Blue Man?
(a) That one should appreciate what one has.
(b) That Eddie has to pay for the role in his death.
(c) That life is short.
(d) That everyone is connected.
14. In death, what step is Ruby Pier for the Blue Man?
(a) The third step.
(b) The first step.
(c) The final step.
(d) The second step.
15. Who says, "you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind."?
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) Uncle Mickey.
(d) The Blue Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
2. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
3. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
4. What color is the sea that Eddie sees?
5. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)