|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the field where Chapter Seven opens?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It becomes lush, green, and unscarred.
(c) It burns up.
(d) It turns to a forest.
2. Who says, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, he says, you don't actually lose it."?
(c) The Captain.
3. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
5. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
(a) Eddie's father.
(b) Mickey Shea.
(c) Eddie's brother.
(d) The Captain.
6. In death, what step is Ruby Pier for the Blue Man?
(a) The first step.
(b) The final step.
(c) The second step.
(d) The third step.
7. What does Eddie remember thinking, right after he dies?
(a) Will he have a chance to redo anything in life?
(b) Did he live a good life?
(c) Will he see his father?
(d) Did he save the little girl?
8. What is different about Eddie when he wakes up?
(a) He can walk without his cane.
(b) He is young again.
(c) He floats.
(d) He looks different.
9. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
(a) A medal of honor.
(b) Forgiveness for shooting him in the leg.
(c) Validation that the rest of the men made it out safely.
(d) Eddie's dog tags.
10. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
(a) It is the Ruby Pier of the past.
(b) It is the Ruby Pier of the present.
(c) It is the new Ruby Pier.
(d) It is Ruby Pier of Eddie's childhood.
11. How does Eddie feel when he wakes up?
(a) Young, but skeptical.
(b) Wonderful, but alone.
(c) Sad and alone.
(d) Happy and alive.
12. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
13. What is the last thing Eddie remembers physically feeling before he dies?
(c) The little girl's hands in his own.
14. What happens to Rabozzo when he becomes ill?
(a) He is left behind by the others.
(b) He dies of dysentery.
(c) He dies of hunger.
(d) He is murdered by enemy soldiers.
15. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) His brother.
(b) Dominiguez, his assistant from Ruby Pier.
(c) His dad.
(d) The Blue Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Mickey do to Eddie during his birthday?
2. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
3. Whom does Eddie see in front of the freak show?
4. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
5. Who restores peace to Eddie's household in Chapter Five?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)