|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the reader learn that Eddie and three other soldiers are being held?
(a) Under ground.
(b) Bamboo barracks.
(c) In a steel box.
(d) In a small hut.
2. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
(a) At a dance with Marguerite.
(b) In the hospital where he is first born.
(c) In his apartment.
(d) Ruby Pier.
3. Who says, "Hello, Edward. I have been waiting for you."?
(a) One of the conjoined twins.
(b) The man whose skin is blue.
(c) Eddie's father.
4. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
(b) The birthday song.
(d) The Pier.
5. What does Uncle Mickey give Eddie for his birthday?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A silver dollar.
(c) A play pistol and cowboy hat.
(d) A signed baseball.
6. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
7. What dance does Eddie recall before the time he was crippled?
(a) "You Made Me Love You."
(b) "I Finally Found You."
(c) "You Are the Love of My Life."
(d) "Starry Eyed-Hop."
8. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
(a) As kind.
(b) As oblivious.
(c) As malicious.
(d) As insensitive to a child.
9. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
(a) Bumper cars.
(b) Ferris Wheel.
(c) Roller coaster.
(d) Freddy Free Fall.
10. What is Eddie's last memory of being alive?
(b) The cart falling on the little girl.
(c) The war.
(d) Working at the Pier.
11. What is different about Eddie when he wakes up?
(a) He floats.
(b) He can walk without his cane.
(c) He looks different.
(d) He is young again.
12. What does Uncle Mickey do to Eddie during his birthday?
(a) Bumps Eddie's head several times.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Slaps Eddie's shoulders in congratulations.
(d) Gets into a fight with him.
13. What does Marguerite tell Eddie before he leaves for the war?
(a) That she will marry another man.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she will wait for him.
(d) That she cannot wait for him.
14. What does Eddie do, just because he can, in Chapter Three?
(a) Runs around the park.
(b) Yells in elation.
(c) Rides the rides.
(d) Breathes in the moment.
15. What does Eddie do for a living?
(a) He is a carnival clown.
(b) He is a handyman.
(c) Performs maintenance at an amusement park.
(d) He is in the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Uncle Mickey?
2. According to the Blue Man, what is Heaven for?
3. Who says, "you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind."?
4. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
5. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)