|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
(a) The rides have all ceased working.
(b) A sideshow has come to visit.
(c) People await the ambulance.
(d) Business, as usual.
2. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
(a) The Captain.
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) Eddie's brother.
(d) Mickey Shea.
3. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
(a) Eddie's dog tags.
(b) Validation that the rest of the men made it out safely.
(c) Forgiveness for shooting him in the leg.
(d) A medal of honor.
4. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
(a) A vintage coin.
(b) His car key.
(c) His wallet.
(d) A medal from the war.
5. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
(a) The rides have been condemned.
(b) Eddie's peers feel his loss.
(c) No one comes to visit after the accident.
(d) The little girl's mom has brought a lawsuit against the park.
6. In the scene played out in Chapter Five, what does Joe do to make Eddie angry?
(a) He shares Eddie's news of marriage plans.
(b) He lies to Eddie.
(c) He steals Eddie's girl.
(d) He punches Eddie.
7. How old is Eddie in Chapter Two?
(b) Five years old.
8. Who says, "Hello, Edward. I have been waiting for you."?
(a) One of the conjoined twins.
(b) Eddie's father.
(d) The man whose skin is blue.
9. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
(a) At a picnic at the Pier.
(b) With a party at home.
(c) With a pony ride.
(d) With a nice dinner.
10. Who is Uncle Mickey?
(a) An old friend of Marguerite's.
(b) Marguerite's brother.
(c) He works with Eddie's dad at the Pier.
(d) Eddie's father's brother.
11. What does Eddie discover he CANNOT do when he wakes up?
12. According to the Blue Man, what is Heaven for?
(a) Understanding one's life on earth.
(b) To remain until loved ones come to join you.
(c) To have a resting place.
(d) To finally achieve peace.
13. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
(a) Bumper cars.
(b) Ferris Wheel.
(c) Freddy Free Fall.
(d) Roller coaster.
14. As discovered in Chapter Six, for what is Eddie saving his money?
(a) To attend school for engineering.
(b) To attend school to become a teacher.
(c) To attend school to become a mathematician.
(d) To attend school to become a construction worker.
15. What does Eddie see when he dies?
(a) Different colors and changing landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
2. Who prevents a fatal accident at the Freddie Fall?
3. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
4. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
5. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)