|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise did the Captain make?
(a) To return Rabozzo's body to his home.
(b) To save many lives.
(c) To leave none of his men behind.
(d) To come home from the war soon.
2. Who does the author introduce in a flashback at the end of Chapter One?
(a) Eddie's girlfriend.
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) Eddie's brother.
(d) Eddie's friend.
3. What dance does Eddie recall before the time he was crippled?
(a) "I Finally Found You."
(b) "Starry Eyed-Hop."
(c) "You Made Me Love You."
(d) "You Are the Love of My Life."
4. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
(a) A vintage coin.
(b) His car key.
(c) His wallet.
(d) A medal from the war.
5. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
(a) The cable has rusted after years of use and salt-water air.
(b) A teenager decides to hang on the cable as a dare.
(c) The young man's lost car key has shredded the cable.
(d) A penny has lodged in the cable, causing it to stick.
6. What happens to Rabozzo when he becomes ill?
(a) He is murdered by enemy soldiers.
(b) He dies of dysentery.
(c) He is left behind by the others.
(d) He dies of hunger.
7. Why does Eddie feel like his body is that of a child in Chapter Four?
(a) He was a child when he knew the Blue Man.
(b) His childhood was the happiest time of his life.
(c) Because he tried to save a child during his life on earth.
(d) Because he has gotten younger.
8. In the scene played out in Chapter Five, what does Joe do to make Eddie angry?
(a) He punches Eddie.
(b) He shares Eddie's news of marriage plans.
(c) He steals Eddie's girl.
(d) He lies to Eddie.
9. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That Heaven is a mystical place.
(b) That he embraces dying.
(c) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
(d) That he is afraid of dying.
10. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) In the hospital where he is first born.
(c) At a dance with Marguerite.
(d) Ruby Pier.
11. Who is Uncle Mickey?
(a) Marguerite's brother.
(b) An old friend of Marguerite's.
(c) He works with Eddie's dad at the Pier.
(d) Eddie's father's brother.
12. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
(a) No one comes to visit after the accident.
(b) The rides have been condemned.
(c) Eddie's peers feel his loss.
(d) The little girl's mom has brought a lawsuit against the park.
13. Whom does Eddie see in front of the freak show?
(a) The woman with a beard.
(b) A giant man.
(c) Conjoined twins.
(d) A man whose skin is blue.
14. What does Eddie do, just because he can, in Chapter Three?
(a) Yells in elation.
(b) Rides the rides.
(c) Runs around the park.
(d) Breathes in the moment.
15. What happens to the Freddie Fall car?
(a) It will not move to make the ride operate.
(b) The car is tilted and passengers are in danger.
(c) Its safety harness does not work, causing passengers to be in danger.
(d) It gets stuck in the air and cannot come down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
2. Who is the second person Eddie meets in Heaven?
3. What causes the Blue Man's death?
4. What is different about Eddie when he wakes up?
5. What does Eddie see when he dies?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)