|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
(a) At a picnic at the Pier.
(b) With a pony ride.
(c) With a nice dinner.
(d) With a party at home.
2. Who says, "the human spirit knows, deep down, that all lives intersect....death doesn't take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed."?
(a) The Blue Man.
(b) The funeral director.
(c) The priest.
3. What does Uncle Mickey do to Eddie during his birthday?
(a) Slaps Eddie's shoulders in congratulations.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Gets into a fight with him.
(d) Bumps Eddie's head several times.
4. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She loses her mommy.
(c) She is in an accident with the Freddie Fall cart.
(d) She falls off the ride.
5. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
(a) His father.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mother.
6. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
(a) Eddie's peers feel his loss.
(b) No one comes to visit after the accident.
(c) The rides have been condemned.
(d) The little girl's mom has brought a lawsuit against the park.
7. What happens between Eddie and his brother in Chapter Five?
(a) They decide to never speak again.
(b) They part ways forever.
(c) They get into a fight.
(d) They get into an accident.
8. What is different about Eddie when he wakes up?
(a) He floats.
(b) He is young again.
(c) He can walk without his cane.
(d) He looks different.
9. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
(a) The cable has rusted after years of use and salt-water air.
(b) The young man's lost car key has shredded the cable.
(c) A teenager decides to hang on the cable as a dare.
(d) A penny has lodged in the cable, causing it to stick.
10. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
(a) Whether he saves the girl at Ruby Pier.
(b) Whether Rabozzo went to Heaven.
(c) Whether the Captain felt any pain before he died.
(d) Whether he will ever return to Ruby Pier.
11. What world event is happening in Chapter Five?
(a) War in Europe.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) A new President is being elected.
(d) The Stock Market Crash.
12. Who says, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, he says, you don't actually lose it."?
(a) The Captain.
13. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
(a) A magic trick.
(b) A pipe cleaner rabbit.
(c) A rabbit made from balloons.
(d) An ice cream cone.
14. What does Eddie remember thinking, right after he dies?
(a) Did he save the little girl?
(b) Did he live a good life?
(c) Will he have a chance to redo anything in life?
(d) Will he see his father?
15. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
2. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
3. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
4. Who usually starts the workday at Ruby Pier?
5. What happens to the Freddie Fall car?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)