|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Eddie see when he first dies?
(a) Pumpkin color.
(b) Bright white.
(c) Sky blue.
2. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
(a) Eddie's father.
(b) Mickey Shea.
(c) The Captain.
(d) Eddie's brother.
3. Who usually starts the workday at Ruby Pier?
(a) All of the maintenance workers.
(c) The owner.
(d) The ride operators.
4. What causes the Blue Man to become blue?
(a) An overdose of silver nitrate.
(b) Drinking poisonous cleaning fluid.
(c) He wants to join the carnival, so he swallows pills.
(d) Eating too many blueberries.
5. In death, what step is Ruby Pier for the Blue Man?
(a) The final step.
(b) The third step.
(c) The first step.
(d) The second step.
6. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
(a) With a pony ride.
(b) With a party at home.
(c) With a nice dinner.
(d) At a picnic at the Pier.
7. Who restores peace to Eddie's household in Chapter Five?
(a) Eddie's father.
(d) Eddie's mother.
8. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
(a) Freddy Free Fall.
(b) Bumper cars.
(c) Roller coaster.
(d) Ferris Wheel.
9. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
(a) One hour.
(b) One thousand years.
(c) One minute.
(d) Time doesn't matter, infinity.
10. What happens to Rabozzo when he becomes ill?
(a) He is left behind by the others.
(b) He is murdered by enemy soldiers.
(c) He dies of dysentery.
(d) He dies of hunger.
11. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
(a) A pipe cleaner rabbit.
(b) A rabbit made from balloons.
(c) A magic trick.
(d) An ice cream cone.
12. What happens to the field where Chapter Seven opens?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It burns up.
(c) It turns to a forest.
(d) It becomes lush, green, and unscarred.
13. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
(b) The birthday song.
(d) The Pier.
14. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
(a) Burn the barracks and blow up the mines.
(b) Have a funeral for Rabozzo.
(c) Take enemy soldiers captive.
(d) Steal from the enemy camps.
15. What does Uncle Mickey give Eddie for his birthday?
(a) A signed baseball.
(b) A silver dollar.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A play pistol and cowboy hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie discover he CANNOT do when he wakes up?
2. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
3. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
4. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
5. What dance does Eddie recall before the time he was crippled?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)