Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
(a) The young man's lost car key has shredded the cable.
(b) A penny has lodged in the cable, causing it to stick.
(c) A teenager decides to hang on the cable as a dare.
(d) The cable has rusted after years of use and salt-water air.
2. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
(a) Bumper cars.
(b) Ferris Wheel.
(c) Roller coaster.
(d) Freddy Free Fall.
3. What does Eddie hear once he dies?
(d) Nothing; quiet.
4. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
(b) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(c) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(d) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
5. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
6. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
(a) In front of the Freddy Fall.
(b) In front of the Ferris Wheel.
(c) In front of the popcorn machine.
(d) In front of the freak show.
7. What does Eddie decide to do for a profession when he is young?
(a) He enlists in the army.
(b) He becomes a teacher.
(c) He becomes a maintenance worker.
(d) He becomes an engineer.
8. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
(a) He celebrates his birthday.
(b) He dies in an accident at the Pier.
(c) He becomes crippled from an accident at the Pier.
(d) He quits his job at the Pier.
9. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
(a) Whether he saves the girl at Ruby Pier.
(b) Whether he will ever return to Ruby Pier.
(c) Whether the Captain felt any pain before he died.
(d) Whether Rabozzo went to Heaven.
10. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
(a) His father.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mother.
11. What happens to the Freddie Fall car?
(a) Its safety harness does not work, causing passengers to be in danger.
(b) It will not move to make the ride operate.
(c) It gets stuck in the air and cannot come down.
(d) The car is tilted and passengers are in danger.
12. How does Eddie feel when he wakes up?
(a) Young, but skeptical.
(b) Sad and alone.
(c) Happy and alive.
(d) Wonderful, but alone.
13. Who usually starts the workday at Ruby Pier?
(a) The ride operators.
(b) The owner.
(d) All of the maintenance workers.
14. Who prevents a fatal accident at the Freddie Fall?
(a) The young man.
(b) A ride attendant.
15. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
(a) One hour.
(b) Time doesn't matter, infinity.
(c) One minute.
(d) One thousand years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eddie wake up in Chapter Three?
2. Where does Eddie meet the love of his life?
3. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
4. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
5. What does Uncle Mickey do to Eddie during his birthday?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)