|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Blue Man, what is Heaven for?
(a) To have a resting place.
(b) Understanding one's life on earth.
(c) To remain until loved ones come to join you.
(d) To finally achieve peace.
2. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
(a) The cable has rusted after years of use and salt-water air.
(b) A penny has lodged in the cable, causing it to stick.
(c) The young man's lost car key has shredded the cable.
(d) A teenager decides to hang on the cable as a dare.
3. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
(a) It is his birthday.
(b) It is Christmas day.
(c) It is the opening day of the season at Ruby Pier.
(d) It is his co-worker's wife's birthday.
4. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
(a) In the hospital where he is first born.
(b) Ruby Pier.
(c) In his apartment.
(d) At a dance with Marguerite.
5. What do Eddie and the other three soldiers have to do while imprisoned?
(a) Share military secrets.
(b) Build new enemy huts.
(c) Work in a coal mine.
(d) Beat other inmates.
6. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
7. Who does the author introduce in a flashback at the end of Chapter One?
(a) Eddie's father.
(b) Eddie's girlfriend.
(c) Eddie's friend.
(d) Eddie's brother.
8. What lesson does Eddie learn in Chapter Seven?
(a) That war causes permanent damage.
(b) That forgiveness is easy.
(c) That love is painful.
(d) That sacrifice is essential.
9. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
(a) At a concert.
(b) At a dance at the Pier.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At the movies.
10. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
(a) Freddy Free Fall.
(b) Roller coaster.
(c) Ferris Wheel.
(d) Bumper cars.
11. What does the Blue Man find at Ruby Pier?
(a) A home.
(c) A place where he is invisible.
(d) A place to hide.
12. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
(a) He dies in an accident at the Pier.
(b) He becomes crippled from an accident at the Pier.
(c) He quits his job at the Pier.
(d) He celebrates his birthday.
13. What does Eddie hear once he dies?
(b) Nothing; quiet.
14. What does Uncle Mickey do to Eddie during his birthday?
(a) Bumps Eddie's head several times.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Gets into a fight with him.
(d) Slaps Eddie's shoulders in congratulations.
15. What does Eddie feel after he has died?
(d) Calm and no pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Eddie when he wakes up?
2. What does Eddie first ask the first person he meets in Heaven?
3. What does Marguerite tell Eddie before he leaves for the war?
4. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
5. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)