|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite tell Eddie before he leaves for the war?
(a) That she will marry another man.
(b) That she cannot wait for him.
(c) That she will wait for him.
(d) That she loves him.
2. How old is Eddie in Chapter Two?
(a) Five years old.
3. Whose philosophy reads, "When your time came, it came, and that was that"?
(b) Eddie's father.
(d) A child's.
4. What promise did the Captain make?
(a) To save many lives.
(b) To leave none of his men behind.
(c) To come home from the war soon.
(d) To return Rabozzo's body to his home.
5. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
(a) It is the opening day of the season at Ruby Pier.
(b) It is his birthday.
(c) It is his co-worker's wife's birthday.
(d) It is Christmas day.
6. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
7. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
(b) That Heaven is a mystical place.
(c) That he is afraid of dying.
(d) That he embraces dying.
8. Who prevents a fatal accident at the Freddie Fall?
(c) The young man.
(d) A ride attendant.
9. Why does Eddie try to return to a burning tent?
(a) He wants to save his friend.
(b) He thinks a child is inside.
(c) He wants to die.
(d) He left his backpack inside.
10. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
(a) With a party at home.
(b) With a pony ride.
(c) At a picnic at the Pier.
(d) With a nice dinner.
11. From what does the Captain save his men?
(a) Burning tents.
(b) A landmine.
(c) Friendly fire.
(d) The coal mine.
12. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
(a) It has disappeared forever.
(b) It will change once Eddie learns his lessons.
(c) It is only permitted during urgent situations.
(d) It will come; silence helps people listen.
13. Why can't Eddie play with the erector set he received for his eighth birthday?
(a) It breaks before he can use it.
(b) He has to attend a funeral.
(c) He misbehaved.
(d) His father takes it away.
14. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
(a) He dies in an accident at the Pier.
(b) He becomes crippled from an accident at the Pier.
(c) He celebrates his birthday.
(d) He quits his job at the Pier.
15. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who usually starts the workday at Ruby Pier?
2. What does Eddie first ask the first person he meets in Heaven?
3. As discovered in Chapter Six, for what is Eddie saving his money?
4. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
5. What does Eddie feel after he has died?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)