|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie discover he CANNOT do when he wakes up?
2. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
(a) The cable has rusted after years of use and salt-water air.
(b) A teenager decides to hang on the cable as a dare.
(c) A penny has lodged in the cable, causing it to stick.
(d) The young man's lost car key has shredded the cable.
3. What does Marguerite tell Eddie before he leaves for the war?
(a) That she will marry another man.
(b) That she cannot wait for him.
(c) That she will wait for him.
(d) That she loves him.
4. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
(a) With a nice dinner.
(b) At a picnic at the Pier.
(c) With a party at home.
(d) With a pony ride.
5. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
(a) The rides have all ceased working.
(b) Business, as usual.
(c) People await the ambulance.
(d) A sideshow has come to visit.
6. What does Eddie feel after he has died?
(a) Calm and no pain.
7. What dance does Eddie recall before the time he was crippled?
(a) "You Made Me Love You."
(b) "Starry Eyed-Hop."
(c) "I Finally Found You."
(d) "You Are the Love of My Life."
8. How old is Eddie in Chapter Two?
(d) Five years old.
9. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
(a) Whether he will ever return to Ruby Pier.
(b) Whether he saves the girl at Ruby Pier.
(c) Whether Rabozzo went to Heaven.
(d) Whether the Captain felt any pain before he died.
10. What does Eddie decide to do for a profession when he is young?
(a) He becomes a maintenance worker.
(b) He enlists in the army.
(c) He becomes a teacher.
(d) He becomes an engineer.
11. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
(a) Rabozzo dies here.
(b) It is the Captain's burial ground.
(c) Eddie gets rescued here.
(d) The burnt tents used to rest here.
12. Where does the reader learn that Eddie and three other soldiers are being held?
(a) Under ground.
(b) In a small hut.
(c) In a steel box.
(d) Bamboo barracks.
13. What color is the sea that Eddie sees?
(b) Yellow, and changing.
(c) Crystal clear.
14. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
(a) In front of the Ferris Wheel.
(b) In front of the freak show.
(c) In front of the popcorn machine.
(d) In front of the Freddy Fall.
15. What does Eddie see when he dies?
(c) Different colors and changing landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Rabozzo when he becomes ill?
2. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
3. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
4. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
5. What do Eddie and the other three soldiers have to do while imprisoned?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)