|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
(a) He's a comedian.
(b) He sings.
(c) He juggles.
(d) He does magic tricks.
2. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That he is afraid of dying.
(b) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
(c) That he embraces dying.
(d) That Heaven is a mystical place.
3. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(b) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
(c) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
(d) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
4. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
(a) The Captain.
(d) The enemy soldier.
5. In the scene played out in Chapter Five, what does Joe do to make Eddie angry?
(a) He lies to Eddie.
(b) He punches Eddie.
(c) He steals Eddie's girl.
(d) He shares Eddie's news of marriage plans.
6. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) In the hospital where he is first born.
(c) Ruby Pier.
(d) At a dance with Marguerite.
7. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
(a) A pipe cleaner rabbit.
(b) A rabbit made from balloons.
(c) A magic trick.
(d) An ice cream cone.
8. Whom does Eddie see in front of the freak show?
(a) The woman with a beard.
(b) A giant man.
(c) A man whose skin is blue.
(d) Conjoined twins.
9. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
(a) Getting it caught in a ride.
(b) From a car accident.
(c) From an accident at the Pier.
(d) From the war.
10. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
(a) The Captain.
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) Mickey Shea.
(d) Eddie's brother.
11. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
(a) At a dance at the Pier.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At a concert.
(d) At the movies.
12. What does Eddie feel after he has died?
(d) Calm and no pain.
13. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
(a) A vintage coin.
(b) His car key.
(c) A medal from the war.
(d) His wallet.
14. Why does Eddie feel like his body is that of a child in Chapter Four?
(a) He was a child when he knew the Blue Man.
(b) Because he tried to save a child during his life on earth.
(c) Because he has gotten younger.
(d) His childhood was the happiest time of his life.
15. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
(a) Whether he saves the girl at Ruby Pier.
(b) Whether Rabozzo went to Heaven.
(c) Whether the Captain felt any pain before he died.
(d) Whether he will ever return to Ruby Pier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
2. Where does the reader learn that Eddie and three other soldiers are being held?
3. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
4. What does Eddie think the little girl's name is?
5. What causes the Blue Man to become blue?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)