|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eddie try to return to a burning tent?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He wants to save his friend.
(c) He thinks a child is inside.
(d) He left his backpack inside.
2. According to the Blue Man, what is Heaven for?
(a) Understanding one's life on earth.
(b) To remain until loved ones come to join you.
(c) To finally achieve peace.
(d) To have a resting place.
3. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
(a) In front of the freak show.
(b) In front of the popcorn machine.
(c) In front of the Freddy Fall.
(d) In front of the Ferris Wheel.
4. What does Eddie learn from the Blue Man?
(a) That one should appreciate what one has.
(b) That life is short.
(c) That everyone is connected.
(d) That Eddie has to pay for the role in his death.
5. What happens to Rabozzo when he becomes ill?
(a) He dies of dysentery.
(b) He dies of hunger.
(c) He is left behind by the others.
(d) He is murdered by enemy soldiers.
6. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
(a) It is Ruby Pier of Eddie's childhood.
(b) It is the new Ruby Pier.
(c) It is the Ruby Pier of the past.
(d) It is the Ruby Pier of the present.
7. What does Eddie learn about Heaven in Chapter Four?
(a) It is a dream.
(b) It is difficult to attain.
(c) It has many steps.
(d) It is subjective.
8. What happens to Eddie's leg?
(a) He falls from a tree.
(b) He gets caught in a landmine.
(c) The Captain shoots him to prevent Eddie from entering a burning tent.
(d) He is beaten by enemy soldiers.
9. What is the author doing in Chapter Three?
(a) Weaving together past with present.
(b) Weaving together present with future.
(c) Showing readers Eddie's weaknesses.
(d) Showing readers Eddie's future.
10. What do Eddie and the other three soldiers have to do while imprisoned?
(a) Share military secrets.
(b) Work in a coal mine.
(c) Beat other inmates.
(d) Build new enemy huts.
11. When was the freak show shut down?
(a) Fifty years ago.
(b) Twenty-five years ago.
(c) Eighty years ago.
(d) Five years ago.
12. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That he embraces dying.
(b) That Heaven is a mystical place.
(c) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
(d) That he is afraid of dying.
13. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
(a) The enemy soldier.
(c) The Captain.
14. Who prevents a fatal accident at the Freddie Fall?
(a) A ride attendant.
(c) The young man.
15. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
(a) From a car accident.
(b) From an accident at the Pier.
(c) Getting it caught in a ride.
(d) From the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
2. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
3. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
4. What is different about Eddie when he wakes up?
5. What does Uncle Mickey do to Eddie during his birthday?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)