|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
(b) The Captain.
(c) The enemy soldier.
2. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
(a) It has disappeared forever.
(b) It will change once Eddie learns his lessons.
(c) It is only permitted during urgent situations.
(d) It will come; silence helps people listen.
3. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
(a) At a dance at the Pier.
(b) At the movies.
(c) At a concert.
(d) At a restaurant.
4. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That he embraces dying.
(b) That Heaven is a mystical place.
(c) That he is afraid of dying.
(d) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
5. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
(a) A vintage coin.
(b) His car key.
(c) A medal from the war.
(d) His wallet.
6. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
(a) Roller coaster.
(b) Freddy Free Fall.
(c) Bumper cars.
(d) Ferris Wheel.
7. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
(a) From an accident at the Pier.
(b) Getting it caught in a ride.
(c) From a car accident.
(d) From the war.
8. What does Marguerite tell Eddie before he leaves for the war?
(a) That she cannot wait for him.
(b) That she will marry another man.
(c) That she will wait for him.
(d) That she loves him.
9. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
(a) In front of the popcorn machine.
(b) In front of the freak show.
(c) In front of the Freddy Fall.
(d) In front of the Ferris Wheel.
10. What does Eddie hear once he dies?
(b) Nothing; quiet.
11. Whose philosophy reads, "When your time came, it came, and that was that"?
(a) A child's.
(d) Eddie's father.
12. What is the last thing Eddie remembers physically feeling before he dies?
(c) The little girl's hands in his own.
13. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
(a) No one comes to visit after the accident.
(b) Eddie's peers feel his loss.
(c) The rides have been condemned.
(d) The little girl's mom has brought a lawsuit against the park.
14. What is different about Eddie when he wakes up?
(a) He is young again.
(b) He floats.
(c) He looks different.
(d) He can walk without his cane.
15. What does Eddie discover he CANNOT do when he wakes up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who restores peace to Eddie's household in Chapter Five?
2. Who does the author introduce in a flashback at the end of Chapter One?
3. As discovered in Chapter Six, for what is Eddie saving his money?
4. Who says, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, he says, you don't actually lose it."?
5. Whom does Eddie see in front of the freak show?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)