|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie do for a living?
(a) He is a carnival clown.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He is a handyman.
(d) Performs maintenance at an amusement park.
2. What does Uncle Mickey do to Eddie during his birthday?
(a) Bumps Eddie's head several times.
(b) Slaps Eddie's shoulders in congratulations.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Gets into a fight with him.
3. What promise did the Captain make?
(a) To come home from the war soon.
(b) To return Rabozzo's body to his home.
(c) To save many lives.
(d) To leave none of his men behind.
4. As discovered in Chapter Six, for what is Eddie saving his money?
(a) To attend school to become a teacher.
(b) To attend school for engineering.
(c) To attend school to become a mathematician.
(d) To attend school to become a construction worker.
5. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
(a) The Captain.
(c) The enemy soldier.
6. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
7. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
(b) The Pier.
(d) The birthday song.
8. What does Eddie learn about Heaven in Chapter Four?
(a) It is a dream.
(b) It is difficult to attain.
(c) It is subjective.
(d) It has many steps.
9. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
(a) A pipe cleaner rabbit.
(b) A magic trick.
(c) A rabbit made from balloons.
(d) An ice cream cone.
10. What dance does Eddie recall before the time he was crippled?
(a) "You Are the Love of My Life."
(b) "You Made Me Love You."
(c) "I Finally Found You."
(d) "Starry Eyed-Hop."
11. What does Eddie remember thinking, right after he dies?
(a) Did he live a good life?
(b) Did he save the little girl?
(c) Will he have a chance to redo anything in life?
(d) Will he see his father?
12. Where does Eddie wake up in Chapter Three?
(a) In the Philippines.
(b) In heaven.
(c) In his bed.
(d) In the teacup ride on Ruby Pier.
13. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
14. Where does the reader learn that Eddie and three other soldiers are being held?
(a) Under ground.
(b) In a steel box.
(c) In a small hut.
(d) Bamboo barracks.
15. In death, what step is Ruby Pier for the Blue Man?
(a) The final step.
(b) The first step.
(c) The third step.
(d) The second step.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
2. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
3. What does Eddie feel after he has died?
4. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
5. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)