|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(b) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
(c) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(d) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
2. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
(a) He's a comedian.
(b) He juggles.
(c) He does magic tricks.
(d) He sings.
3. Who usually starts the workday at Ruby Pier?
(b) The ride operators.
(c) The owner.
(d) All of the maintenance workers.
4. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
(b) The birthday song.
(c) The Pier.
5. As discovered in Chapter Six, for what is Eddie saving his money?
(a) To attend school to become a mathematician.
(b) To attend school for engineering.
(c) To attend school to become a construction worker.
(d) To attend school to become a teacher.
6. How does Eddie feel when he wakes up?
(a) Happy and alive.
(b) Young, but skeptical.
(c) Sad and alone.
(d) Wonderful, but alone.
7. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
(a) A medal of honor.
(b) Validation that the rest of the men made it out safely.
(c) Forgiveness for shooting him in the leg.
(d) Eddie's dog tags.
8. What happens to Eddie's leg?
(a) He gets caught in a landmine.
(b) He falls from a tree.
(c) He is beaten by enemy soldiers.
(d) The Captain shoots him to prevent Eddie from entering a burning tent.
9. According to the Blue Man, what is Heaven for?
(a) To have a resting place.
(b) To finally achieve peace.
(c) To remain until loved ones come to join you.
(d) Understanding one's life on earth.
10. What happens to the Freddie Fall car?
(a) Its safety harness does not work, causing passengers to be in danger.
(b) It gets stuck in the air and cannot come down.
(c) It will not move to make the ride operate.
(d) The car is tilted and passengers are in danger.
11. What dance does Eddie recall before the time he was crippled?
(a) "You Are the Love of My Life."
(b) "Starry Eyed-Hop."
(c) "I Finally Found You."
(d) "You Made Me Love You."
12. What does Eddie think the little girl's name is?
(a) Alice or Alexis.
(b) Amy or Annie.
13. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
(a) Getting it caught in a ride.
(b) From an accident at the Pier.
(c) From the war.
(d) From a car accident.
14. When was the freak show shut down?
(a) Fifty years ago.
(b) Five years ago.
(c) Eighty years ago.
(d) Twenty-five years ago.
15. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
(a) Roller coaster.
(b) Bumper cars.
(c) Freddy Free Fall.
(d) Ferris Wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
2. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
3. What does Eddie first ask the first person he meets in Heaven?
4. Whom does Eddie see in front of the freak show?
5. In the scene played out in Chapter Five, what does Joe do to make Eddie angry?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)