|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Eddie when he wakes up?
(a) He floats.
(b) He can walk without his cane.
(c) He is young again.
(d) He looks different.
2. What happens to Eddie's leg?
(a) He falls from a tree.
(b) The Captain shoots him to prevent Eddie from entering a burning tent.
(c) He gets caught in a landmine.
(d) He is beaten by enemy soldiers.
3. Why does Eddie try to return to a burning tent?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He thinks a child is inside.
(c) He wants to save his friend.
(d) He left his backpack inside.
4. What color is the sea that Eddie sees?
(b) Crystal clear.
(d) Yellow, and changing.
5. How old is Eddie in Chapter Two?
(b) Five years old.
6. In death, what step is Ruby Pier for the Blue Man?
(a) The third step.
(b) The first step.
(c) The final step.
(d) The second step.
7. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
(c) The Pier.
(d) The birthday song.
8. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
9. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
(a) A medal of honor.
(b) Eddie's dog tags.
(c) Forgiveness for shooting him in the leg.
(d) Validation that the rest of the men made it out safely.
10. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
(a) Eddie's father.
(b) The Captain.
(c) Eddie's brother.
(d) Mickey Shea.
11. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
(a) It is his birthday.
(b) It is Christmas day.
(c) It is the opening day of the season at Ruby Pier.
(d) It is his co-worker's wife's birthday.
12. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
(a) Take enemy soldiers captive.
(b) Steal from the enemy camps.
(c) Burn the barracks and blow up the mines.
(d) Have a funeral for Rabozzo.
13. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
(a) It is the Ruby Pier of the past.
(b) It is Ruby Pier of Eddie's childhood.
(c) It is the new Ruby Pier.
(d) It is the Ruby Pier of the present.
14. What does Eddie first ask the first person he meets in Heaven?
(a) Why is the Pier Heaven?
(b) How did Eddie die?
(c) How old is Eddie now?
(d) How long will Eddie be at the Pier?
15. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
(b) His best friend.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Eddie learn in Chapter Seven?
2. To whom does Eddie run for refuge from Uncle Mickey?
3. What does Eddie feel after he has died?
4. Where does Eddie wake up in Chapter Three?
5. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)