|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author doing in Chapter Three?
(a) Showing readers Eddie's weaknesses.
(b) Weaving together present with future.
(c) Weaving together past with present.
(d) Showing readers Eddie's future.
2. What does Eddie think the little girl's name is?
(c) Alice or Alexis.
(d) Amy or Annie.
3. Why can't Eddie play with the erector set he received for his eighth birthday?
(a) His father takes it away.
(b) It breaks before he can use it.
(c) He has to attend a funeral.
(d) He misbehaved.
4. What does Eddie do, just because he can, in Chapter Three?
(a) Yells in elation.
(b) Rides the rides.
(c) Runs around the park.
(d) Breathes in the moment.
5. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
(a) Eddie's father.
(b) The Captain.
(c) Mickey Shea.
(d) Eddie's brother.
6. What does Eddie learn from the Blue Man?
(a) That life is short.
(b) That everyone is connected.
(c) That Eddie has to pay for the role in his death.
(d) That one should appreciate what one has.
7. Where does Eddie wake up in Chapter Three?
(a) In heaven.
(b) In his bed.
(c) In the teacup ride on Ruby Pier.
(d) In the Philippines.
8. What does the Blue Man find at Ruby Pier?
(b) A home.
(c) A place where he is invisible.
(d) A place to hide.
9. What is Eddie's last memory of being alive?
(a) Working at the Pier.
(c) The cart falling on the little girl.
(d) The war.
10. How does Eddie feel when he wakes up?
(a) Young, but skeptical.
(b) Wonderful, but alone.
(c) Sad and alone.
(d) Happy and alive.
11. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That he embraces dying.
(b) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
(c) That he is afraid of dying.
(d) That Heaven is a mystical place.
12. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
(a) The Pier.
(d) The birthday song.
13. What does Eddie decide to do for a profession when he is young?
(a) He enlists in the army.
(b) He becomes a maintenance worker.
(c) He becomes an engineer.
(d) He becomes a teacher.
14. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
(a) His father.
(b) His best friend.
(d) His mother.
15. Who does the author introduce in a flashback at the end of Chapter One?
(a) Eddie's girlfriend.
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) Eddie's friend.
(d) Eddie's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Eddie learn in Chapter Seven?
2. From what does the Captain save his men?
3. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
4. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
5. What happens to Rabozzo when he becomes ill?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)