|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
(a) Ferris Wheel.
(b) Freddy Free Fall.
(c) Roller coaster.
(d) Bumper cars.
2. To whom does Eddie run for refuge from Uncle Mickey?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
3. How old is Eddie in Chapter Two?
(a) Five years old.
4. Who restores peace to Eddie's household in Chapter Five?
(a) Eddie's mother.
(b) Eddie's father.
5. What is the author doing in Chapter Three?
(a) Showing readers Eddie's weaknesses.
(b) Weaving together past with present.
(c) Weaving together present with future.
(d) Showing readers Eddie's future.
6. What purpose does Amy or Annie serve in the story thus far?
(a) To give purpose to the setting.
(b) To foreshadow events.
(c) To shock the reader.
(d) To build suspense.
7. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
(a) The Blue Man.
(b) His brother.
(c) Dominiguez, his assistant from Ruby Pier.
(d) His dad.
8. What does Eddie decide to do for a profession when he is young?
(a) He becomes a maintenance worker.
(b) He becomes an engineer.
(c) He enlists in the army.
(d) He becomes a teacher.
9. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
(a) As kind.
(b) As oblivious.
(c) As insensitive to a child.
(d) As malicious.
10. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That he is afraid of dying.
(b) That he embraces dying.
(c) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
(d) That Heaven is a mystical place.
11. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
(a) It is the Ruby Pier of the past.
(b) It is the new Ruby Pier.
(c) It is the Ruby Pier of the present.
(d) It is Ruby Pier of Eddie's childhood.
12. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
(c) The Captain.
(d) The enemy soldier.
13. What happens to Rabozzo when he becomes ill?
(a) He is left behind by the others.
(b) He dies of dysentery.
(c) He is murdered by enemy soldiers.
(d) He dies of hunger.
14. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
(a) His best friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
15. What causes the Blue Man's death?
(a) An accident at the freak show.
(b) Bad medicine.
(c) He fell from a ride.
(d) Eddie's baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie see when he dies?
2. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
3. What happens to the Freddie Fall car?
4. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
5. Whom does Eddie see in front of the freak show?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)