|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie see when he dies?
(d) Different colors and changing landscape.
2. Who restores peace to Eddie's household in Chapter Five?
(a) Eddie's father.
(c) Eddie's mother.
3. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
(a) In the hospital where he is first born.
(b) At a dance with Marguerite.
(c) Ruby Pier.
(d) In his apartment.
4. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
(a) As insensitive to a child.
(b) As malicious.
(c) As kind.
(d) As oblivious.
5. What promise did the Captain make?
(a) To return Rabozzo's body to his home.
(b) To leave none of his men behind.
(c) To come home from the war soon.
(d) To save many lives.
6. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
(a) A medal of honor.
(b) Forgiveness for shooting him in the leg.
(c) Eddie's dog tags.
(d) Validation that the rest of the men made it out safely.
7. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
(a) It is the Ruby Pier of the present.
(b) It is the new Ruby Pier.
(c) It is the Ruby Pier of the past.
(d) It is Ruby Pier of Eddie's childhood.
8. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
(a) A rabbit made from balloons.
(b) An ice cream cone.
(c) A magic trick.
(d) A pipe cleaner rabbit.
9. Why can't Eddie play with the erector set he received for his eighth birthday?
(a) He misbehaved.
(b) It breaks before he can use it.
(c) His father takes it away.
(d) He has to attend a funeral.
10. The reader learns that Mitch Albom is clearly trying to share what with the reader?
(a) That The Five People You Meet in Heaven teaches lessons.
(b) That Heaven is a mystical place.
(c) That he embraces dying.
(d) That he is afraid of dying.
11. What is the author doing in Chapter Three?
(a) Weaving together present with future.
(b) Showing readers Eddie's weaknesses.
(c) Showing readers Eddie's future.
(d) Weaving together past with present.
12. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
(a) One thousand years.
(b) One hour.
(c) One minute.
(d) Time doesn't matter, infinity.
13. Who says, "you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind."?
(a) Eddie's father.
(c) Uncle Mickey.
(d) The Blue Man.
14. What does Uncle Mickey give Eddie for his birthday?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A play pistol and cowboy hat.
(c) A silver dollar.
(d) A signed baseball.
15. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
(a) The cable has rusted after years of use and salt-water air.
(b) A penny has lodged in the cable, causing it to stick.
(c) The young man's lost car key has shredded the cable.
(d) A teenager decides to hang on the cable as a dare.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
2. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
3. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
4. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
5. What causes the Blue Man's death?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)