|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
(a) He sings.
(b) He's a comedian.
(c) He juggles.
(d) He does magic tricks.
2. What does Marguerite tell Eddie before he leaves for the war?
(a) That she will wait for him.
(b) That she will marry another man.
(c) That she cannot wait for him.
(d) That she loves him.
3. How many lessons have been learned thus far?
4. How does Eddie feel about his life without Marguerite?
(a) Unhappy and unfulfilled.
5. In Chapter Eleven, where is the story set?
(a) The boardwalk.
(b) The Pier and Eddie's apartment.
(c) The Pier and Eddie's car.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
2. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
3. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
4. Whose philosophy reads, "When your time came, it came, and that was that"?
5. Who says, "weddings are for possibilities."?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)