|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the book end?
(a) Tala's cleansing is the resolution.
(b) The story comes full circle.
(c) The resolution is left for the reader to decide.
(d) Marguerite welcomes Eddie home.
2. What lesson does Eddie learn in Chapter Seven?
(a) That sacrifice is essential.
(b) That war causes permanent damage.
(c) That love is painful.
(d) That forgiveness is easy.
3. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
(a) The rides have all ceased working.
(b) Business, as usual.
(c) A sideshow has come to visit.
(d) People await the ambulance.
4. What is the last thing Eddie remembers physically feeling before he dies?
(c) The little girl's hands in his own.
5. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
(b) The enemy soldier.
(d) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie first ask the first person he meets in Heaven?
2. Who is Eddie's father's hospital roommate?
3. From what had Tala been wounded?
4. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
5. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)