|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
(a) He visits the place he and Marguerite first met.
(b) He rides the rides on the Pier.
(c) He goes to work and fishes.
(d) He sleeps all day.
2. Who is Tala?
(a) His daughter.
(b) A child Eddie kept safe by doing his job at the Pier.
(c) The girl who dies in the tent in the Philippines.
(d) The girl Eddie saves from Freddy Fall.
3. For whom does Eddie's father cry when he is hospitalized?
(a) His wife, Joe, and Eddie.
(b) His mother.
(d) Mickey Shea
4. What does Eddie learn about Heaven in Chapter Four?
(a) It has many steps.
(b) It is difficult to attain.
(c) It is a dream.
(d) It is subjective.
5. What does Eddie do, just because he can, in Chapter Three?
(a) Runs around the park.
(b) Rides the rides.
(c) Breathes in the moment.
(d) Yells in elation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
2. Who is the first person Eddie meets in Heaven?
3. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
4. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
5. How does Eddie feel about his father?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)