|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
(a) Angry and hurt.
(b) Sad and resentful.
(c) Useless and used.
(d) Depressed and helpless.
2. From what does the Captain save his men?
(a) The coal mine.
(b) A landmine.
(c) Burning tents.
(d) Friendly fire.
3. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
(a) The rides have all ceased working.
(b) A sideshow has come to visit.
(c) People await the ambulance.
(d) Business, as usual.
4. What do Eddie and the other two soldiers decide to do before escaping?
(a) Steal from the enemy camps.
(b) Take enemy soldiers captive.
(c) Burn the barracks and blow up the mines.
(d) Have a funeral for Rabozzo.
5. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
(a) Whether the Captain felt any pain before he died.
(b) Whether he saves the girl at Ruby Pier.
(c) Whether Rabozzo went to Heaven.
(d) Whether he will ever return to Ruby Pier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
2. Why does Marguerite spend six months in the hospital?
3. Who restores peace to Eddie's household in Chapter Five?
4. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
5. Why does Eddie feel like his body is that of a child in Chapter Four?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)