|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Mickey give Eddie for his birthday?
(a) A play pistol and cowboy hat.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A silver dollar.
(d) A signed baseball.
2. Whose philosophy reads, "When your time came, it came, and that was that"?
(a) A child's.
(b) Eddie's father.
3. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
(a) Tries to assault Eddie's mother.
(b) Steals money from Eddie's father.
(c) Hits Eddie.
(d) Causes Eddie's father to lose his job.
4. What happens to Eddie at the end of Chapter One?
(a) He becomes crippled from an accident at the Pier.
(b) He dies in an accident at the Pier.
(c) He celebrates his birthday.
(d) He quits his job at the Pier.
5. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
(a) He walks the boardwalk.
(b) He visits his family's and Marguerite's graves.
(c) He works.
(d) He goes to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Eddie learn in Chapter Seven?
2. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
3. How does Eddie's father treat his sons?
4. How old was Eddie's father when he died?
5. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)