|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what are Eddie's co-worker and estate attorney looking?
(a) Bank statement or other valuables.
(b) The deed to Eddie's apartment.
(d) The keys to Ruby Pier.
2. In the scene played out in Chapter Five, what does Joe do to make Eddie angry?
(a) He punches Eddie.
(b) He shares Eddie's news of marriage plans.
(c) He lies to Eddie.
(d) He steals Eddie's girl.
3. Why can't Eddie play with the erector set he received for his eighth birthday?
(a) He has to attend a funeral.
(b) It breaks before he can use it.
(c) He misbehaved.
(d) His father takes it away.
4. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
(a) Angry and hurt.
(b) Sad and resentful.
(c) Useless and used.
(d) Depressed and helpless.
5. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
(a) Business, as usual.
(b) The rides have all ceased working.
(c) People await the ambulance.
(d) A sideshow has come to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose philosophy reads, "When your time came, it came, and that was that"?
2. Why is Eddie envious of Joe?
3. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
4. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
5. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)