|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie feel when he wakes up?
(a) Wonderful, but alone.
(b) Happy and alive.
(c) Young, but skeptical.
(d) Sad and alone.
2. Whose philosophy reads, "When your time came, it came, and that was that"?
(b) A child's.
(d) Eddie's father.
3. From what does Marguerite eventually die?
(a) Brain tumor.
(b) Broken heart.
(c) Lung cancer.
4. What do Eddie and the other three soldiers have to do while imprisoned?
(a) Build new enemy huts.
(b) Share military secrets.
(c) Work in a coal mine.
(d) Beat other inmates.
5. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(b) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(c) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
(d) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
2. Why can't Eddie play with the erector set he received for his eighth birthday?
3. What color is the sea that Eddie sees?
4. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
5. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)