|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
2. Who restores peace to Eddie's household in Chapter Five?
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) Eddie's mother.
3. What birthday does Eddie celebrate in Chapter Five?
4. What happens to the field where Chapter Seven opens?
(a) It turns to a forest.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It becomes lush, green, and unscarred.
(d) It burns up.
5. How does Eddie spend his sixtieth birthday?
(a) He goes to work and fishes.
(b) He sleeps all day.
(c) He visits the place he and Marguerite first met.
(d) He rides the rides on the Pier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author introduce in a flashback at the end of Chapter One?
2. What happens to Eddie's leg?
3. Who says, "Hello, Edward. I have been waiting for you."?
4. How old was Eddie's father when he died?
5. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)