|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At the movies.
(c) At a dance at the Pier.
(d) At a concert.
2. Where does Eddie meet the love of his life?
(a) At an eating establishment.
(b) At a church dance.
(c) At Ruby Pier.
(d) Overseas when he was a soldier.
3. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
(a) The burnt tents used to rest here.
(b) It is the Captain's burial ground.
(c) Rabozzo dies here.
(d) Eddie gets rescued here.
4. Where is Chapter Eight set?
(a) On a farm, hosting a carnival.
(b) On a mountain range, in a diner.
(c) In a helicopter, leaving a battle.
(d) In a field, in a car.
5. What is the lesson in Chapter Eleven?
(a) It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.
(b) Life is short and there is no time for regret.
(c) Lost love is still love; it just takes a different form.
(d) Forgiveness comes easily with love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie remember thinking, right after he dies?
2. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
3. What color does Eddie see when he first dies?
4. Who says, "the human spirit knows, deep down, that all lives intersect....death doesn't take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed."?
5. What do Eddie and the other three soldiers have to do while imprisoned?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)