|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
(a) As oblivious.
(b) As kind.
(c) As malicious.
(d) As insensitive to a child.
2. Who pays for Eddie's funeral?
(a) Eddie's estate.
(b) The park owner, from his own pocket.
(c) The little girl's mother.
(d) The park owner, with Eddie's paycheck.
3. From what does the Captain save his men?
(a) Friendly fire.
(b) Burning tents.
(c) A landmine.
(d) The coal mine.
4. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(b) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
5. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
(a) It has disappeared forever.
(b) It will change once Eddie learns his lessons.
(c) It will come; silence helps people listen.
(d) It is only permitted during urgent situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
2. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
3. How much money does Eddie have in the bank?
4. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
5. Who is Uncle Mickey?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)