|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eddie's father treat his sons?
2. From what does the Captain save his men?
(a) A landmine.
(b) Friendly fire.
(c) The coal mine.
(d) Burning tents.
3. Who says, "weddings are for possibilities."?
4. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
(a) From an accident at the Pier.
(b) From a car accident.
(c) Getting it caught in a ride.
(d) From the war.
5. Where does Eddie wind up on his journey through death in Chapter Two?
(a) In a field.
(b) In Heaven.
(c) At the Pier.
(d) Under water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
2. In Chapter Three, where does Eddie stop at the Pier?
3. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
4. Who usually starts the workday at Ruby Pier?
5. Who says, "War is not a game. If there's a shot to be made, you make it, you hear? No guilt. No hesitation...."?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)