|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Mickey give Eddie for his birthday?
(a) A play pistol and cowboy hat.
(b) A signed baseball.
(c) A silver dollar.
(d) A bottle of wine.
2. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
(a) The little girl's mom has brought a lawsuit against the park.
(b) No one comes to visit after the accident.
(c) The rides have been condemned.
(d) Eddie's peers feel his loss.
3. What is the author doing in Chapter Three?
(a) Weaving together present with future.
(b) Showing readers Eddie's future.
(c) Weaving together past with present.
(d) Showing readers Eddie's weaknesses.
4. Whose philosophy reads, "When your time came, it came, and that was that"?
(b) A child's.
(c) Eddie's father.
5. What does Eddie tell Marguerite?
(a) He wishes he had been a better husband.
(b) He wished he could save her.
(c) He loves her and he is sorry.
(d) He forgives her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the third person Eddie meets in Heaven?
2. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
3. Who says, "Hello, Edward. I have been waiting for you."?
4. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
5. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)