|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eddie's promotion?
(a) Head of maintenance.
(d) Ticket taker.
2. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
(b) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
(c) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(d) He is indifferent.
3. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
(a) A magic trick.
(b) A rabbit made from balloons.
(c) An ice cream cone.
(d) A pipe cleaner rabbit.
4. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
(a) At a dance with Marguerite.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) Ruby Pier.
(d) In the hospital where he is first born.
5. Who pays for Eddie's funeral?
(a) The park owner, from his own pocket.
(b) Eddie's estate.
(c) The little girl's mother.
(d) The park owner, with Eddie's paycheck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
2. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
3. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
4. In the scene played out in Chapter Five, what does Joe do to make Eddie angry?
5. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)