|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author introduce in a flashback at the end of Chapter One?
(a) Eddie's girlfriend.
(b) Eddie's friend.
(c) Eddie's brother.
(d) Eddie's father.
2. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a concert.
(c) At a dance at the Pier.
(d) At the movies.
3. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
(a) The Pier.
(c) The birthday song.
4. To whom does Eddie run for refuge from Uncle Mickey?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
(b) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(c) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
(d) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Uncle Mickey?
2. Where does Eddie wind up on his journey through death in Chapter Two?
3. How does Eddie celebrate his birthday in Chapter Two?
4. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
5. What does Eddie think the little girl's name is?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)