|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prevents a fatal accident at the Freddie Fall?
(b) A ride attendant.
(c) The young man.
2. Who is Uncle Mickey?
(a) He works with Eddie's dad at the Pier.
(b) Eddie's father's brother.
(c) Marguerite's brother.
(d) An old friend of Marguerite's.
3. How does Eddie's leg become crippled?
(a) From the war.
(b) Getting it caught in a ride.
(c) From a car accident.
(d) From an accident at the Pier.
4. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(b) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(c) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
(d) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
5. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
(a) As oblivious.
(b) As kind.
(c) As insensitive to a child.
(d) As malicious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Freddie Fall car?
2. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
3. What is Eddie's last memory of being alive?
4. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
5. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)