|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eddie's last memory of being alive?
(b) The cart falling on the little girl.
(c) Working at the Pier.
(d) The war.
2. How does the author portray Uncle Mickey in Chapter Two?
(a) As insensitive to a child.
(b) As oblivious.
(c) As kind.
(d) As malicious.
3. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
(b) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(c) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
(d) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
4. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
(a) It is Christmas day.
(b) It is the opening day of the season at Ruby Pier.
(c) It is his co-worker's wife's birthday.
(d) It is his birthday.
5. Whose philosophy reads, "When your time came, it came, and that was that"?
(b) A child's.
(c) Eddie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
2. What dance does Eddie recall before the time he was crippled?
3. How old is Eddie in Chapter Two?
4. What does Uncle Mickey give Eddie for his birthday?
5. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)