|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eddie's last memory of being alive?
(a) The war.
(b) Working at the Pier.
(c) The cart falling on the little girl.
2. To whom does Eddie run for refuge from Uncle Mickey?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
3. Whose philosophy reads, "When your time came, it came, and that was that"?
(c) A child's.
(d) Eddie's father.
4. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
(b) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(c) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
(d) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
5. What is the significance of the day in Chapter One for Eddie?
(a) It is the opening day of the season at Ruby Pier.
(b) It is his co-worker's wife's birthday.
(c) It is Christmas day.
(d) It is his birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie feel after he has died?
2. What dance does Eddie recall before the time he was crippled?
3. Where does Eddie wind up on his journey through death in Chapter Two?
4. What happens to the little girl that Eddie talks with on the platform of Freddie Fall?
5. Who prevents a fatal accident at the Freddie Fall?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)