|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes malfunction to the cable holding the Freddie Fall car in place?
(a) The young man's lost car key has shredded the cable.
(b) The cable has rusted after years of use and salt-water air.
(c) A teenager decides to hang on the cable as a dare.
(d) A penny has lodged in the cable, causing it to stick.
2. What does Eddie make for the little girl at the Pier in Chapter 1?
(a) A pipe cleaner rabbit.
(b) A rabbit made from balloons.
(c) A magic trick.
(d) An ice cream cone.
3. To whom does Eddie run for refuge from Uncle Mickey?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
4. What happens to the Freddie Fall car?
(a) The car is tilted and passengers are in danger.
(b) It will not move to make the ride operate.
(c) Its safety harness does not work, causing passengers to be in danger.
(d) It gets stuck in the air and cannot come down.
5. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
2. How old is Eddie in Chapter Two?
3. What is the author doing in Chapter Three?
4. In death, what step is Ruby Pier for the Blue Man?
5. What happens between Eddie and his brother in Chapter Five?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)