|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the scene played out in Chapter Five, what does Joe do to make Eddie angry?
(a) He steals Eddie's girl.
(b) He punches Eddie.
(c) He shares Eddie's news of marriage plans.
(d) He lies to Eddie.
2. What does Eddie say to Marguerite about the war?
(a) "Too much bloodshed caused too much pain."
(b) "I lost myself."
(c) "It was unbearable."
(d) "I killed ten men."
3. In death, what step is Ruby Pier for the Blue Man?
(a) The third step.
(b) The final step.
(c) The first step.
(d) The second step.
4. How old was Eddie's father when he died?
5. On what does Eddie reflect during his last birthday?
(a) His job.
(b) The war.
(c) His life.
(d) The times he spent with Marguerite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
2. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
3. What does Eddie discover he CANNOT do when he wakes up?
4. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
5. What is the last thing Eddie remembers physically feeling before he dies?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)