|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite tell Eddie before he leaves for the war?
(a) That she will marry another man.
(b) That she will wait for him.
(c) That she cannot wait for him.
(d) That she loves him.
2. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
(a) "Eddie loved children."
(b) "Eddie really loved his wife."
(c) "Eddie was a kind soul."
(d) "Eddie was a great worker."
3. Who says, "Hello, Edward. I have been waiting for you."?
(a) One of the conjoined twins.
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) The man whose skin is blue.
4. What does Joe do for a living?
(b) Stock broker.
(c) Maintenance man.
(d) Car dealer.
5. What is different about Ruby Pier when Eddie wakes up?
(a) It is the Ruby Pier of the present.
(b) It is Ruby Pier of Eddie's childhood.
(c) It is the new Ruby Pier.
(d) It is the Ruby Pier of the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance does Eddie recall before the time he was crippled?
2. Who does the author introduce in a flashback at the end of Chapter One?
3. How does Eddie spend his first birthday after Marguerite's death?
4. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
5. How does Eddie feel about his life without Marguerite?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)