|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent does Eddie have that eventually helps him escape from prison during the war?
(a) He's a comedian.
(b) He does magic tricks.
(c) He juggles.
(d) He sings.
2. What do Eddie and Marguerite discuss in Chapter Eleven?
(a) The war.
(b) The baby they could never have.
(c) Eddie's father.
(d) The pain of missing one another for so many years.
3. What does Eddie see when he dies?
(a) Different colors and changing landscape.
4. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is being punished for his abusive behavior during his lifetime.
(c) He is a part of the woman's eternity, but not truly present.
(d) He needs to listen in order to learn his lessons.
5. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
(a) It has disappeared forever.
(b) It will come; silence helps people listen.
(c) It will change once Eddie learns his lessons.
(d) It is only permitted during urgent situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Life has to end; love doesn't."?
2. What does Uncle Mickey give Eddie for his birthday?
3. Where does the reader learn that Eddie and three other soldiers are being held?
4. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
5. What does the young man at the Pier lose, causing havoc later?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)