|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eddie's last memory of being alive?
(a) Working at the Pier.
(b) The cart falling on the little girl.
(d) The war.
2. How does Eddie feel about the safety of Ruby Pier?
(a) He is concerned that it is old and the rides are worn.
(b) He feels happy that it is one of the last small amusement parks still open.
(c) He is worried that it will be closed due to safety hazards.
(d) He is proud that it has a perfect safety record.
3. Whom does Eddie see in front of the freak show?
(a) The woman with a beard.
(b) A giant man.
(c) Conjoined twins.
(d) A man whose skin is blue.
4. Where do Eddie and Marguerite have their first date?
(a) At a concert.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At the movies.
(d) At a dance at the Pier.
5. Who is Uncle Mickey?
(a) He works with Eddie's dad at the Pier.
(b) Eddie's father's brother.
(c) Marguerite's brother.
(d) An old friend of Marguerite's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the reader first meet Eddie?
2. What is the new ride at Ruby Pier?
3. Who does the author introduce in a flashback at the end of Chapter One?
4. What does Eddie see when he dies?
5. What does Eddie think the little girl's name is?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)