|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Eddie first share the news that he found the girl he wishes to marry?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His best friend.
2. From what does the Captain save his men?
(a) Friendly fire.
(b) A landmine.
(c) Burning tents.
(d) The coal mine.
3. Why is Ruby Pier closed in Chapter Seven?
(a) No one comes to visit after the accident.
(b) The rides have been condemned.
(c) Eddie's peers feel his loss.
(d) The little girl's mom has brought a lawsuit against the park.
4. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
(c) The Pier.
(d) The birthday song.
5. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
(a) It will come; silence helps people listen.
(b) It will change once Eddie learns his lessons.
(c) It has disappeared forever.
(d) It is only permitted during urgent situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does Amy or Annie serve in the story thus far?
2. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
3. What is the last thing Eddie remembers physically feeling before he dies?
4. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
5. What does Eddie see when he dies?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)