|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
(a) Whether Rabozzo went to Heaven.
(b) Whether he will ever return to Ruby Pier.
(c) Whether the Captain felt any pain before he died.
(d) Whether he saves the girl at Ruby Pier.
2. What is the significance of the field in the opening of Chapter Seven?
(a) It is the Captain's burial ground.
(b) Rabozzo dies here.
(c) The burnt tents used to rest here.
(d) Eddie gets rescued here.
3. Where does Eddie wind up on his journey through death in Chapter Two?
(a) Under water.
(b) In Heaven.
(c) At the Pier.
(d) In a field.
4. Where is Chapter Eight set?
(a) On a mountain range, in a diner.
(b) In a field, in a car.
(c) On a farm, hosting a carnival.
(d) In a helicopter, leaving a battle.
5. What color is the sea that Eddie sees?
(c) Yellow, and changing.
(d) Crystal clear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Eddie remembers physically feeling before he dies?
2. How does Eddie's father treat his sons?
3. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
4. Why does Eddie feel like his body is that of a child in Chapter Four?
5. Who says, "the human spirit knows, deep down, that all lives intersect....death doesn't take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed."?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)