|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddie first ask the first person he meets in Heaven?
(a) Why is the Pier Heaven?
(b) How long will Eddie be at the Pier?
(c) How old is Eddie now?
(d) How did Eddie die?
2. Who says, "the human spirit knows, deep down, that all lives intersect....death doesn't take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed."?
(a) The Blue Man.
(b) The priest.
(c) The funeral director.
3. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
4. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
(a) He is lazy, angry and resentful.
(b) He is diligent and regimented.
(c) He is dependable, trustworthy and kind.
(d) He is motivated, yet unfulfilled.
5. What does Eddie learn from the Blue Man?
(a) That Eddie has to pay for the role in his death.
(b) That everyone is connected.
(c) That one should appreciate what one has.
(d) That life is short.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
2. Who says, "dying is not the end, it is only the beginning."?
3. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
4. Who says, "You have peace when you make it with yourself."?
5. What color does Eddie see when he first dies?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)