|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise did the Captain make?
(a) To save many lives.
(b) To leave none of his men behind.
(c) To return Rabozzo's body to his home.
(d) To come home from the war soon.
2. What does the reader learn about Eddie's character in Chapter Eight?
(a) He is dependable, trustworthy and kind.
(b) He is lazy, angry and resentful.
(c) He is motivated, yet unfulfilled.
(d) He is diligent and regimented.
3. How old is Eddie in Chapter Two?
(a) Five years old.
4. What literary device does the author repetitively use to reveal clues about Eddie's life?
5. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
(a) Validation that the rest of the men made it out safely.
(b) Eddie's dog tags.
(c) Forgiveness for shooting him in the leg.
(d) A medal of honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie learn from the Blue Man?
2. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
3. What happens between Eddie and his father?
4. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
5. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)