|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind."?
(b) Eddie's father.
(c) The Blue Man.
(d) Uncle Mickey.
2. How old is Eddie in Chapter Two?
(b) Five years old.
3. What does the author use as symbolism in Chapter Two?
(a) The birthday song.
(c) The Pier.
4. What is happening at the Ruby Pier of the present in Chapter Five?
(a) A sideshow has come to visit.
(b) Business, as usual.
(c) The rides have all ceased working.
(d) People await the ambulance.
5. What happens to the field where Chapter Seven opens?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It burns up.
(c) It turns to a forest.
(d) It becomes lush, green, and unscarred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain receive from Eddie?
2. What does Eddie learn about Heaven in Chapter Four?
3. According to the Blue Man, what is Heaven for?
4. Where is Chapter Eight set?
5. Who says, "the human spirit knows, deep down, that all lives intersect....death doesn't take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed."?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)