|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Eddie been at the Pier after he died?
(a) One thousand years.
(b) One hour.
(c) One minute.
(d) Time doesn't matter, infinity.
2. What does the Blue Man find at Ruby Pier?
(a) A place where he is invisible.
(b) A home.
(d) A place to hide.
3. What lesson does Eddie learn in Chapter Seven?
(a) That sacrifice is essential.
(b) That love is painful.
(c) That forgiveness is easy.
(d) That war causes permanent damage.
4. Of what does Marguerite assure Eddie in Chapter Eleven?
(a) That she always forgave him.
(b) His love has remained with her, and hers, with him.
(c) That she felt no pain when she died.
(d) That Heaven is a good place to be.
5. What does Eddie learn about his voice in Heaven?
(a) It will come; silence helps people listen.
(b) It has disappeared forever.
(c) It will change once Eddie learns his lessons.
(d) It is only permitted during urgent situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise did the Captain make?
2. Why does Eddie feel like his body is that of a child in Chapter Four?
3. What does Eddie wonder about in Chapter Seven?
4. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
5. What does Eddie first ask the first person he meets in Heaven?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)