|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII through XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice did the handsome German prisoner have for Olga when she was looking for her son?
(a) "Don't give up looking, no matter what others tell you."
(b) "Pay one of the guards and he may tell you where to go."
(c) "Forget him, and everyone else you knew, and just worry about yourself."
(d) "Pretend to be German, and you might get kind treatment."
2. How many days did the 315 "selected" women wait for Dr. Klein before he arrived to review them?
(a) Six days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
3. What was the irony in Dr. Lengyel's success in saving Olly's life?
(a) Dr. Lengyel was punished for performing medicine on the train.
(b) Olly later hung herself in the camp.
(c) Olly was taken to the gas chamber and murdered the very next day.
(d) Olly's family was angry with Dr. Lengyel for interfering.
4. Why was Auschwitz made up of mostly Gentile prisoners?
(a) The Germans had not yet turned their attention to the Jews.
(b) Most of the population in that area of Europe was Gentile.
(c) Most of the Jews were immediately sent to the gas chamber.
(d) The Germans believed in keeping the Jews separate from the Gentiles.
5. From where did the blue-eyed man come?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the "Lageraelteste" in her life outside of the camp?
2. Where did the prisoners hide their "pinklys" during roll call?
3. What did Olga pick up from the ground that helped her escape from the group of prisoners headed for the gas chamber?
4. Why were pregnancies sometimes hard to catch in the initial selection at the station?
5. Why did Joseph Kramer arrange an unexpected concert for the prisoners in Auschwitz?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)