|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII through XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, of what ingredient was the camp soap made?
(a) The rendered bodies of rats caught in the camp.
(b) The soup that was left at the end of each week.
(c) The grease from the cremated bodies of prisoners.
(d) Toiletries taken from the luggage of detainees.
2. According to camp gossip, what was the purpose of the powder that was mixed into the inmates' food?
(a) To reduce or destroy the sexual appetite.
(b) To slowly destroy the internal organs.
(c) To cause degeneration of the brain.
(d) To cause anemia.
3. What about the blue-eyed man caught Olga's attention?
(a) He was missing one ear.
(b) He had a scar on his face.
(c) His head had been shaved.
(d) He was smiling.
4. What song did Olga and the other inmates listen to on the phonograph record?
(a) "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Benny Goodman.
(b) "Silent Night" by Bing Crosby.
(c) "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Fred Astaire.
(d) "Whistle While You Work" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
5. What "presents" did Tadek, the blue-eyed man, give to Olga?
(a) A potato and a shawl.
(b) A wooden knife and a handkerchief.
(c) Bits of twine in order to make herself a belt.
(d) A spoon and a tin cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music did Dr. Mengele prefer?
2. Which of Olga's friends was also chosen for selection at the same time?
3. What name was given to the barrack's "cages" into which the prisoners were divided?
4. What did the resistance use as the principle center for broadcasting its "spoken newspaper"?
5. What gift did L. give to Olga and the other members of the infirmary staff?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)