|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII through XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Olga chosen for selection in Chapter 8?
(a) She tried to stab the blocova.
(b) She stole food from the kitchen.
(c) She was so sick that she couldn't get out of her bunk.
(d) She covered her back with a piece of wool.
2. According to the author, of what ingredient was the camp soap made?
(a) The grease from the cremated bodies of prisoners.
(b) Toiletries taken from the luggage of detainees.
(c) The soup that was left at the end of each week.
(d) The rendered bodies of rats caught in the camp.
3. What was the difference between the coffee that the prisoners were served and the tea that they were given?
(a) The coffee gave off a much more foul odor.
(b) There was no real difference.
(c) Coffee was only given to the higher-ranking prisoners.
(d) The coffee was a darker color than the tea.
4. What was the duty of the blocova's secretary?
(a) To deliver messages to the S.S. offices.
(b) To write and send out memos to the other prisoners.
(c) To keep the blocova's office organized.
(d) To edit the roll call and reports.
5. How many days passed between Olga's arrival in the village and the arrival of the Russian troops?
(a) The Russians arrived that same night.
(b) The Russians arrived five days later.
(c) The Russians arrived the next morning.
(d) The Russians arrived three days later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Olga not get a sample of the mysterious powder that was put into the prisoners' food?
2. What gift did L. give to Olga and the other members of the infirmary staff?
3. How did Olga become a "rich woman" in the camp?
4. What was the name of the building that became Olga's home while she was in Auschwitz?
5. What had been Tadek's profession before the war?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)