|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII through XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many corpses did Olga count along the road as they evacuated from Auschwitz?
2. What about the blue-eyed man caught Olga's attention?
(a) He was smiling.
(b) He was missing one ear.
(c) He had a scar on his face.
(d) His head had been shaved.
3. What was the difference between the coffee that the prisoners were served and the tea that they were given?
(a) Coffee was only given to the higher-ranking prisoners.
(b) The coffee was a darker color than the tea.
(c) The coffee gave off a much more foul odor.
(d) There was no real difference.
4. What disease did Tadek's new girlfriend eventually contract?
(a) Scarlet fever.
5. Why did Olga rip her own blouse and dress?
(a) She did not want the Germans to be able to use them.
(b) She was trying to create a distraction for another woman.
(c) She tried to pull the clothing out of a guard's hands.
(d) She knew that the shreds would be useful later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did L. say that he and Olga must both do after the war?
2. At each roll call, how many woman were lined up in front of each barrack?
3. What name was given to the barrack's "cages" into which the prisoners were divided?
4. According to Olga, what did the word "organize" come to mean among the prisoners?
5. How far was the morgue from the hospital?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)