|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII through XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after their arrival did Olga and her fellow prisoners receive blankets?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
2. What advice did the handsome German prisoner have for Olga when she was looking for her son?
(a) "Pretend to be German, and you might get kind treatment."
(b) "Forget him, and everyone else you knew, and just worry about yourself."
(c) "Don't give up looking, no matter what others tell you."
(d) "Pay one of the guards and he may tell you where to go."
3. How was Dr. Klein different from the other S.S.?
(a) He took the time to get to know each one of his patients.
(b) He sympathized with the prisoners and gave them news about the war.
(c) He did not yell and he had nice manners.
(d) He had dark hair and dark eyes.
4. Why did Olga renounce her privilege to write postcards to loved ones outside of the camp?
(a) She had no one left to whom she could write.
(b) She did not know what she could say to anyone about her situation.
(c) She refused to take any perceived "kindness" from her captors.
(d) She became suspicious when they were told to date them from another city.
5. What did Irma Griese do to the handsome Georgian man?
(a) She cut deep gashes into his face.
(b) She sent him to the gas chamber.
(c) She beat his lover and then had him shot.
(d) She forced him to lick her boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Olga pick up from the ground that helped her escape from the group of prisoners headed for the gas chamber?
2. What room became the "apartment" for Olga and her colleagues in the infirmary?
3. Why did Dr. Klein, the chief S.S. doctor of the camp, rebuke Olga when she asked to be allowed to give medical aid to her fellow prisoners?
4. To what does the author compare the S.S. women who oversaw the selections in their large black rain capes?
5. Which prisoners were most often chosen to clean the latrines?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)