|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII through XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scientific benefit resulted from Dr. Mengele's experiments involving human subjects?
(a) He discovered penicillin.
(b) No scientific benefit.
(c) Safer gas masks were designed.
(d) A vaccine for polio was developed.
2. Why did the elderly man give his potatoes to Olga rather than to the woman to whom he had promised them?
(a) Olga was younger than the other woman.
(b) The other woman was not around.
(c) Olga looked like she needed the food more than the other woman did.
(d) He knew Olga from their life before the camp.
3. How did the Germans decide to exterminate the remaining children in the camp?
(a) They made them stand wet in the freezing weather until they died of exposure.
(b) They threw them into a pit and burned them with gasoline.
(c) They stopped feeding them and left them to die of starvation.
(d) They took them into the woods and shot them.
4. Which of Olga's friends was also chosen for selection at the same time?
5. What did the insignia on each train car indicate?
(a) The concentration camp to which each car was headed.
(b) The countries from which the cars originated.
(c) The number of animals that each car was designed to transport.
(d) The explanation for the deportation of the people inside the cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign did Olga wear to indicate her participation in the resistance?
2. According to the author, why was the male German prisoner, who saved her from the S.S., treated better than other prisoners?
3. Where did the ambulances take the sick and injured who got off the train?
4. What sign, posted in the camp, assured prisoners that they would be put to work?
5. What was the weather like when Olga and the rest of her camp were evacuated from Auschwitz?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)