|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V through IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many internees were in Olga's camp?
(a) Over two hundred thousand.
(b) About ten thousand.
(c) Around one hundred thousand.
(d) Thirty to forty thousand.
2. What happened to the prisoners who drank stagnant water from the puddles?
(a) They were beaten by their fellow prisoners.
(b) They were beaten by the kapos.
(c) They died.
(d) They were attacked by the German dogs.
3. Why did the elderly man not eat the potatoes in his soup?
(a) He wanted to exchange them for a "favor" from one of the women.
(b) He was blind and could not see that there were potatoes in his soup.
(c) He had no teeth and the insides of the potatoes were uncooked.
(d) His mouth was wired shut, so he could only sip the broth.
4. What ingredient in the bread irritated the prisoners' gums?
5. What was the first "tax" that was demanded of the passengers in the train car?
(a) Twenty fountain pens.
(b) All of their jewels.
(c) Twenty stocking hats and pairs of gloves.
(d) Thirty wristwatches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Olga go into the washrooms at lunch?
2. What was the irony in Dr. Lengyel's success in saving Olly's life?
3. What did Olga hide in her boot?
4. How long had the Polish woman, Irka, been in the camp?
5. How long after their arrival did Olga and her fellow prisoners receive blankets?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)