|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V through IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people within the barracks had to share a single blanket?
2. To what does the author compare the S.S. women who oversaw the selections in their large black rain capes?
(a) Ominous ghosts.
(b) Vultures waiting for their prey.
(c) Agents of the devil.
(d) Bats swooping down from the sky.
3. What sign, posted in the camp, assured prisoners that they would be put to work?
(a) "To work is to live!"
(b) "Work is freedom!"
(c) "Work is the path to happiness!"
(d) "Hard work is its own reward!"
4. What name was given to the barrack's "cages" into which the prisoners were divided?
5. What reply did most prisoners in the concentration camp give to explain their imprisonment?
(a) They fought in the resistance.
(b) They did not know why they were there.
(c) They were Polish.
(d) They were Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often was the water turned on in the washrooms?
2. What was the difference between the coffee that the prisoners were served and the tea that they were given?
3. What was the only restriction upon the Lageraelteste?
4. From where did the blue-eyed man come?
5. At each roll call, how many woman were lined up in front of each barrack?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)