|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V through IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Olga and her fellow prisoners use as a mop?
(a) A handful of dirty rags pulled from the garbage pile.
(b) The bottom portion of a dress, which had been cut off.
(c) The sleeves of their own dresses.
(d) Their socks.
2. Why did the author and her colleagues dread taking contagious cases to the hospital?
(a) They were afraid to infect other patients within the hospital.
(b) The nurses and doctors did not have the needed materials to treat them.
(c) They were afraid that they themselves would catch the diseases.
(d) Contagious cases were left for dead and sent to the gas chamber.
3. What did Olga have to give to the blocova in order to keep her escape from the gas chamber a secret?
(a) Her boots.
(b) A week's ration of margarine.
(c) Her wooden knife.
(d) Her toothbrush.
4. Why did Madga, at first, refuse to attempt escape?
(a) She did not believe in the crematory and thought they would go somewhere better.
(b) She did not want to leave her mother, who was also in the circle.
(c) She was tired of living and had resigned herself to death.
(d) She was too frightened to move out of the circle.
5. What reply did most prisoners in the concentration camp give to explain their imprisonment?
(a) They fought in the resistance.
(b) They did not know why they were there.
(c) They were Polish.
(d) They were Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness afflicted the children who were lying near the door of the train car?
2. What was the only restriction upon the Lageraelteste?
3. How many people were usually taken from each barrack during a selection?
4. What sign, posted in the camp, assured prisoners that they would be put to work?
5. How did the infirmary staff sterilize their instruments between patients?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)