|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V through IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the green triangle on a prisoner's uniform indicate?
(a) The prisoner worked in the infirmary.
(b) The prisoner was of German origin.
(c) The prisoner had been selected for the gas chamber.
(d) The prisoner was guilty of murder.
2. Why did Olga's husband decide not to take half of her poison?
(a) She begged him to leave it all for her.
(b) He remembered where he could find his own poison.
(c) He decided that he would live to tell others about the cruelty he had seen.
(d) She might have needed it all, and suicide might be easier for him.
3. To what does the author compare the S.S. women who oversaw the selections in their large black rain capes?
(a) Vultures waiting for their prey.
(b) Agents of the devil.
(c) Bats swooping down from the sky.
(d) Ominous ghosts.
4. What was the handsome, blue-eyed man doing in Olga's barrack?
(a) He was a doctor on his rounds.
(b) He was repairing the bunks.
(c) He had sneaked in to see one of the women.
(d) He was hiding from the camp police.
5. How many prisoners were assigned to carry the 150-pound kettle for each meal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the duty of the blocova's secretary?
2. What reply did most prisoners in the concentration camp give to explain their imprisonment?
3. What did Olga and her fellow prisoners use as a mop?
4. What disease did Tadek's new girlfriend eventually contract?
5. What was Miklos Lengyel's profession?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)