|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V through IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Olga become a "rich woman" in the camp?
(a) She was given extra food by one of the guards.
(b) She found friends who comforted her.
(c) She was given her own blanket, which she shared with her bedmates.
(d) She made a toothbrush, a handkerchief, and a wooden knife.
2. According to the German major who stayed with the Lengyel family, why did his family complain whenever he returned home?
(a) They disagreed with the way that the Germans were treating prisoners.
(b) He did not send back as much loot as the other officers sent to their families.
(c) He was away from home so much and they missed him.
(d) He did not make enough money to keep his children fed and clothed.
3. Why did Dr. Klein, the chief S.S. doctor of the camp, rebuke Olga when she asked to be allowed to give medical aid to her fellow prisoners?
(a) He believed that they were being adequately cared for.
(b) She spoke to him in a disrespectful manner, and he was offended.
(c) He did not believe that a prisoner had the necessary medical experience or knowledge.
(d) Prisoners were forbidden to speak directly to an S.S. doctor without authorization.
4. How many days did it take for the train that was carrying Olga and her family to arrive at its destination?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Four days.
5. How often was the water turned on in the washrooms?
(a) Once a day either in the morning or the evening.
(b) They could never know for sure.
(c) Once or twice a day for an hour or two.
(d) Once or twice a week, but only for a few minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the prisoners who drank stagnant water from the puddles?
2. What was the occupation of the "Lageraelteste" in her life outside of the camp?
3. How long had the blue-eyed man been in prison camps?
4. How often were the prisoners allowed to go to the latrines?
5. What name was given to the prisoner who was chosen to oversee the service within each block?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)