|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V through IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with the young Greek girl who was brought into the infirmary from a neighboring barrack?
(a) She had dysentery.
(b) She had pneumonia.
(c) She was anemic.
(d) She was mentally ill.
2. What was the occupation of the "Lageraelteste" in her life outside of the camp?
(a) She had been a baker.
(b) She had been a kindergarten teacher.
(c) She had been a nurse.
(d) She had been a police officer.
3. Why did the Stubendiensts surround the prisoners who were chosen for selection?
(a) To pray for them before they were taken to the crematory.
(b) To prevent them from escaping.
(c) To give them privacy from the other prisoners.
(d) To try to prevent the S.S. from taking them to the crematory.
4. How long had the Polish woman, Irka, been in the camp?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fifteen months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Four years.
5. Why did the Stubendiensts and the German prisoners form a circle around those who were chosen for selection?
(a) To prevent them from escaping.
(b) To protect them from the S.S.
(c) To hide them from the guards who were loading the trucks.
(d) To pray for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many languages did the Auschwitz-Birkenau commandant's interpreter speak?
2. What sign, posted in the camp, assured prisoners that they would be put to work?
3. From where did the blue-eyed man come?
4. What was the ultimate purpose of Birkenau?
5. Why was Olga chosen for selection in Chapter 8?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)