|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V through IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Olga chosen for selection in Chapter 8?
(a) She was so sick that she couldn't get out of her bunk.
(b) She stole food from the kitchen.
(c) She tried to stab the blocova.
(d) She covered her back with a piece of wool.
2. What response did the old inmate give Olga when she asked about the red brick building with the chimney?
(a) He told her that she did not want to know the truth.
(b) He said it was an ammunition factory.
(c) He smiled and told her that she would find out soon enough.
(d) He said it was the camp bakery.
3. According to the author, despite his handsome appearance, what characteristic of Dr. Mengele's made a person uneasy?
(a) Nothing in particular; just something about his demeanor.
(b) A wildness in his eyes.
(c) A nasty scar running under his chin and up to his right ear.
(d) His smug grin.
4. Where did the ambulances take the sick and injured who got off the train?
(a) To another train that returned them to their country.
(b) To the gas chambers.
(c) To the infirmary.
(d) To the camp barracks.
5. Why did Madga, at first, refuse to attempt escape?
(a) She did not want to leave her mother, who was also in the circle.
(b) She was too frightened to move out of the circle.
(c) She was tired of living and had resigned herself to death.
(d) She did not believe in the crematory and thought they would go somewhere better.
Short Answer Questions
1. At each roll call, how many woman were lined up in front of each barrack?
2. What did Olga hide in her boot?
3. What were the two purposes of camp selections?
4. Which prisoners were most often chosen to clean the latrines?
5. What did Olga have to give to the blocova in order to keep her escape from the gas chamber a secret?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)