|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V through IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first "tax" that was demanded of the passengers in the train car?
(a) Twenty fountain pens.
(b) Thirty wristwatches.
(c) Twenty stocking hats and pairs of gloves.
(d) All of their jewels.
2. How long after their arrival did Olga and her fellow prisoners receive their first morning meal?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) Four days.
3. How many patients did the hospital in the infirmary hold?
(a) Two hundred and fifty.
(b) Twenty to thirty.
(c) From four to five hundred people.
(d) Almost one hundred.
4. Which prisoners were most often chosen to clean the latrines?
(a) Anyone with dark hair and dark eyes.
(b) The Jews, preferably the rabbis.
(c) The Gypsies.
(d) Intellectuals like doctors or teachers.
5. How often were the prisoners allowed to go to the latrines?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Four times each day.
(c) Twice each day.
(d) Three times, once after each meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, why was the male German prisoner, who saved her from the S.S., treated better than other prisoners?
2. Why did the author and her colleagues dread taking contagious cases to the hospital?
3. Why did Olga renounce her privilege to write postcards to loved ones outside of the camp?
4. Why did Dr. Klein, the chief S.S. doctor of the camp, rebuke Olga when she asked to be allowed to give medical aid to her fellow prisoners?
5. What was Miklos Lengyel's profession?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)