|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after their arrival did Olga and her fellow prisoners receive their first morning meal?
(a) Three days.
(b) A week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
2. Other than for eating, of what use were the twenty bowls issued to the prisoners in the barracks?
(a) Weapons during fights.
(b) Digging latrines.
(c) Collecting rain water.
(d) Chamber pots.
3. Why did Olga rip her own blouse and dress?
(a) She was trying to create a distraction for another woman.
(b) She tried to pull the clothing out of a guard's hands.
(c) She did not want the Germans to be able to use them.
(d) She knew that the shreds would be useful later.
4. How often were the prisoners allowed to go to the latrines?
(a) Four times each day.
(b) Twice each day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Three times, once after each meal.
5. Why did Olga get in the line to have her hair shaved?
(a) She was ordered into the line by a guard.
(b) She was worried about the threat of lice.
(c) She preferred to undergo the same treatment as her peers.
(d) She saw the head-shaving as an expression of mourning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name was given to the barrack's "cages" into which the prisoners were divided?
2. Why did the people who were still alive lie on top of one another during their last night on the train car?
3. What did the insignia on each train car indicate?
4. What was Miklos Lengyel's profession?
5. At the time of the author's story, the city of Cluj was a part of what country?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)