|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Olga rip her own blouse and dress?
(a) She was trying to create a distraction for another woman.
(b) She knew that the shreds would be useful later.
(c) She did not want the Germans to be able to use them.
(d) She tried to pull the clothing out of a guard's hands.
2. What was the ultimate purpose of Birkenau?
(a) The production of armaments.
(b) The detention of prisoners until the end of the war.
(c) The extermination of prisoners.
(d) The production of clothing for the German army.
3. How many prisoners were assigned to carry the 150-pound kettle for each meal?
4. What would happen to the prisoners if they tried to sneak to the latrines at night?
(a) They would be attacked by fellow prisoners.
(b) They would be shot by the S.S.
(c) They would not be allowed back into the barracks.
(d) They would be beaten by the blocova.
5. What was the original purpose of the building that became Olga's new home?
(a) A munitions plant.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A stable.
(d) A bakery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response did the old inmate give Olga when she asked about the red brick building with the chimney?
2. What was the irony in Dr. Lengyel's success in saving Olly's life?
3. How long had the Polish woman, Irka, been in the camp?
4. Why did Olga get in the line to have her hair shaved?
5. How long after their arrival did Olga and her fellow prisoners receive blankets?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)