|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Olga get in the line to have her hair shaved?
(a) She was worried about the threat of lice.
(b) She preferred to undergo the same treatment as her peers.
(c) She was ordered into the line by a guard.
(d) She saw the head-shaving as an expression of mourning.
2. Of what was Dr. Lengyel accused when he was questioned by the S.S.?
(a) Boycotting the use of German pharmeceuticals in his clinic.
(b) Providing free medical services to Gypsies.
(c) Distributing anti-Nazi propaganda.
(d) Hiding Jewish families in his hospital.
3. At the time of the author's story, the city of Cluj was a part of what country?
4. Why did Olga and her family join her husband when he was deported?
(a) She did not want him to suffer the terrors of the camps alone.
(b) She believed everything would be all right as long as they stayed together.
(c) The S.S. forced them from their homes and sent them away. too.
(d) She believed the family would be better off than they were in Cluj.
5. According to the author, why was the male German prisoner, who saved her from the S.S., treated better than other prisoners?
(a) He was a criminal, not a political prisoner.
(b) The German guards owed him favors.
(c) He was charming and handsome.
(d) He had connections in the German military.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the Polish woman, Irka, been in the camp?
2. What did Olga and her fellow prisoners use as a mop?
3. What did the green triangle on a prisoner's uniform indicate?
4. Other than for eating, of what use were the twenty bowls issued to the prisoners in the barracks?
5. What was the name of the building that became Olga's home while she was in Auschwitz?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)