|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did it take for the train that was carrying Olga and her family to arrive at its destination?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three days.
2. What happened the day after Olga met her husband in the camp?
(a) She was assigned to work in the infirmary.
(b) Her husband was hanged for insubordination.
(c) The men were removed from the camp.
(d) All of the barracks were locked down.
3. What advice did the handsome German prisoner have for Olga when she was looking for her son?
(a) "Forget him, and everyone else you knew, and just worry about yourself."
(b) "Don't give up looking, no matter what others tell you."
(c) "Pay one of the guards and he may tell you where to go."
(d) "Pretend to be German, and you might get kind treatment."
4. According to the author, why was the male German prisoner, who saved her from the S.S., treated better than other prisoners?
(a) He was charming and handsome.
(b) He was a criminal, not a political prisoner.
(c) He had connections in the German military.
(d) The German guards owed him favors.
5. Why did Olga and her family join her husband when he was deported?
(a) She believed the family would be better off than they were in Cluj.
(b) The S.S. forced them from their homes and sent them away. too.
(c) She believed everything would be all right as long as they stayed together.
(d) She did not want him to suffer the terrors of the camps alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of the author's story, the city of Cluj was a part of what country?
2. Why did Olga's husband decide not to take half of her poison?
3. What name was given to the prisoner who was chosen to oversee the service within each block?
4. What was the difference between the coffee that the prisoners were served and the tea that they were given?
5. What was the irony in Dr. Lengyel's success in saving Olly's life?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)