|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the irony in Dr. Lengyel's success in saving Olly's life?
(a) Dr. Lengyel was punished for performing medicine on the train.
(b) Olly later hung herself in the camp.
(c) Olly was taken to the gas chamber and murdered the very next day.
(d) Olly's family was angry with Dr. Lengyel for interfering.
2. How often were the prisoners allowed to go to the latrines?
(a) Four times each day.
(b) Twice each day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Three times, once after each meal.
3. Why did Olga's husband decide not to take half of her poison?
(a) He remembered where he could find his own poison.
(b) She might have needed it all, and suicide might be easier for him.
(c) She begged him to leave it all for her.
(d) He decided that he would live to tell others about the cruelty he had seen.
4. What sign, posted in the camp, assured prisoners that they would be put to work?
(a) "Hard work is its own reward!"
(b) "Work is freedom!"
(c) "To work is to live!"
(d) "Work is the path to happiness!"
5. What illness afflicted the children who were lying near the door of the train car?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the Polish woman, Irka, been in the camp?
2. How many people within the barracks had to share a single blanket?
3. What ingredient in the bread irritated the prisoners' gums?
4. What was Miklos Lengyel's profession?
5. What name was given to the internee who was chosen as barrack chief?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)