|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name was given to the barrack's "cages" into which the prisoners were divided?
2. Of what was Dr. Lengyel accused when he was questioned by the S.S.?
(a) Providing free medical services to Gypsies.
(b) Hiding Jewish families in his hospital.
(c) Distributing anti-Nazi propaganda.
(d) Boycotting the use of German pharmeceuticals in his clinic.
3. Why did Olga and her family join her husband when he was deported?
(a) The S.S. forced them from their homes and sent them away. too.
(b) She believed everything would be all right as long as they stayed together.
(c) She did not want him to suffer the terrors of the camps alone.
(d) She believed the family would be better off than they were in Cluj.
4. How long after their arrival did Olga and her fellow prisoners receive their first morning meal?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
5. What was the name of the building that became Olga's home while she was in Auschwitz?
(a) Barrack 26.
(b) The Bakery.
(d) Barrack 23.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many prisoners were assigned to carry the 150-pound kettle for each meal?
2. What illness afflicted the children who were lying near the door of the train car?
3. How often were the prisoners allowed to go to the latrines?
4. What did the green triangle on a prisoner's uniform indicate?
5. What ingredient in the bread irritated the prisoners' gums?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)