|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice did the handsome German prisoner have for Olga when she was looking for her son?
(a) "Don't give up looking, no matter what others tell you."
(b) "Forget him, and everyone else you knew, and just worry about yourself."
(c) "Pretend to be German, and you might get kind treatment."
(d) "Pay one of the guards and he may tell you where to go."
2. What did Olga and her fellow prisoners use as a mop?
(a) The sleeves of their own dresses.
(b) The bottom portion of a dress, which had been cut off.
(c) A handful of dirty rags pulled from the garbage pile.
(d) Their socks.
3. At the time of the author's story, the city of Cluj was a part of what country?
4. How many languages did the Auschwitz-Birkenau commandant's interpreter speak?
5. How many days did it take for the train that was carrying Olga and her family to arrive at its destination?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Six days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after their arrival did Olga and her fellow prisoners receive their first morning meal?
2. Why did Olga get in the line to have her hair shaved?
3. What question did Olga ask of her mother and father before they left the train car?
4. What did Olga assume when she saw the pitiful women in the cages?
5. What happened the day after Olga met her husband in the camp?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)