|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ingredient in the bread irritated the prisoners' gums?
2. Why did the prisoners eat the soup even though it was repulsive to them?
(a) They knew that if they did not eat, they would die.
(b) They did not want to offend their captors.
(c) The German guards would beat them if they did not eat.
(d) They hoped to find one of the "surprises" in the bottom.
3. Why did Olga and her family join her husband when he was deported?
(a) She believed everything would be all right as long as they stayed together.
(b) She did not want him to suffer the terrors of the camps alone.
(c) She believed the family would be better off than they were in Cluj.
(d) The S.S. forced them from their homes and sent them away. too.
4. What was Miklos Lengyel's profession?
(b) Linguistics professor.
(c) City adiministrator.
5. How long had the Polish woman, Irka, been in the camp?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Fifteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first "tax" that was demanded of the passengers in the train car?
2. What response did the old inmate give Olga when she asked about the red brick building with the chimney?
3. Why did the people who were still alive lie on top of one another during their last night on the train car?
4. What did the insignia on each train car indicate?
5. What advice did the handsome German prisoner have for Olga when she was looking for her son?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)