|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the ambulances take the sick and injured who got off the train?
(a) To the infirmary.
(b) To another train that returned them to their country.
(c) To the camp barracks.
(d) To the gas chambers.
2. What was the irony in Dr. Lengyel's success in saving Olly's life?
(a) Dr. Lengyel was punished for performing medicine on the train.
(b) Olly later hung herself in the camp.
(c) Olly's family was angry with Dr. Lengyel for interfering.
(d) Olly was taken to the gas chamber and murdered the very next day.
3. What did the green triangle on a prisoner's uniform indicate?
(a) The prisoner had been selected for the gas chamber.
(b) The prisoner worked in the infirmary.
(c) The prisoner was guilty of murder.
(d) The prisoner was of German origin.
4. How long after their arrival did Olga and her fellow prisoners receive their first morning meal?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) A week.
(d) Four days.
5. What illness afflicted the children who were lying near the door of the train car?
(b) Small pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Olga rip her own blouse and dress?
2. What was the ultimate purpose of Birkenau?
3. How many prisoners were assigned to carry the 150-pound kettle for each meal?
4. Why did Olga and her family join her husband when he was deported?
5. What advice did the handsome German prisoner have for Olga when she was looking for her son?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)