|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of the author's story, the city of Cluj was a part of what country?
2. Of what was Dr. Lengyel accused when he was questioned by the S.S.?
(a) Boycotting the use of German pharmeceuticals in his clinic.
(b) Distributing anti-Nazi propaganda.
(c) Hiding Jewish families in his hospital.
(d) Providing free medical services to Gypsies.
3. What ingredient in the bread irritated the prisoners' gums?
4. How many days did it take for the train that was carrying Olga and her family to arrive at its destination?
(a) Four days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three days.
5. How long after their arrival did Olga and her fellow prisoners receive their first morning meal?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) A week.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, why was the male German prisoner, who saved her from the S.S., treated better than other prisoners?
2. Why did the people who were still alive lie on top of one another during their last night on the train car?
3. Why did Olga renounce her privilege to write postcards to loved ones outside of the camp?
4. What happened the day after Olga met her husband in the camp?
5. What name was given to the internee who was chosen as barrack chief?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)