|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name was given to the prisoner who was chosen to oversee the service within each block?
2. Other than for eating, of what use were the twenty bowls issued to the prisoners in the barracks?
(a) Chamber pots.
(b) Weapons during fights.
(c) Digging latrines.
(d) Collecting rain water.
3. What did Olga and her fellow prisoners use as a mop?
(a) A handful of dirty rags pulled from the garbage pile.
(b) The sleeves of their own dresses.
(c) The bottom portion of a dress, which had been cut off.
(d) Their socks.
4. How often were the prisoners allowed to go to the latrines?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Three times, once after each meal.
(c) Twice each day.
(d) Four times each day.
5. Why did Olga's husband decide not to take half of her poison?
(a) He remembered where he could find his own poison.
(b) He decided that he would live to tell others about the cruelty he had seen.
(c) She begged him to leave it all for her.
(d) She might have needed it all, and suicide might be easier for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, why was the male German prisoner, who saved her from the S.S., treated better than other prisoners?
2. Why did the prisoners eat the soup even though it was repulsive to them?
3. How many languages did the Auschwitz-Birkenau commandant's interpreter speak?
4. How long after their arrival did Olga and her fellow prisoners receive blankets?
5. What advice did the handsome German prisoner have for Olga when she was looking for her son?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)