|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened the day after Olga met her husband in the camp?
(a) The men were removed from the camp.
(b) Her husband was hanged for insubordination.
(c) All of the barracks were locked down.
(d) She was assigned to work in the infirmary.
2. Of what was Dr. Lengyel accused when he was questioned by the S.S.?
(a) Distributing anti-Nazi propaganda.
(b) Boycotting the use of German pharmeceuticals in his clinic.
(c) Hiding Jewish families in his hospital.
(d) Providing free medical services to Gypsies.
3. What name was given to the barrack's "cages" into which the prisoners were divided?
4. What did Olga hide in her boot?
(a) A knife.
(b) A poison capsule.
(c) A picture of her family.
(d) A piece of bread.
5. What was the difference between the coffee that the prisoners were served and the tea that they were given?
(a) Coffee was only given to the higher-ranking prisoners.
(b) The coffee was a darker color than the tea.
(c) There was no real difference.
(d) The coffee gave off a much more foul odor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Olga rip her own blouse and dress?
2. What was the irony in Dr. Lengyel's success in saving Olly's life?
3. What did the green triangle on a prisoner's uniform indicate?
4. How long had the Polish woman, Irka, been in the camp?
5. How many people were loaded into Olga's train car?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)