|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Olga hide in her boot?
(a) A knife.
(b) A poison capsule.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) A picture of her family.
2. What name was given to the internee who was chosen as barrack chief?
3. What was the difference between the coffee that the prisoners were served and the tea that they were given?
(a) The coffee was a darker color than the tea.
(b) The coffee gave off a much more foul odor.
(c) There was no real difference.
(d) Coffee was only given to the higher-ranking prisoners.
4. Of what was Dr. Lengyel accused when he was questioned by the S.S.?
(a) Hiding Jewish families in his hospital.
(b) Providing free medical services to Gypsies.
(c) Boycotting the use of German pharmeceuticals in his clinic.
(d) Distributing anti-Nazi propaganda.
5. How many people within the barracks had to share a single blanket?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take for the train that was carrying Olga and her family to arrive at its destination?
2. At the time of the author's story, the city of Cluj was a part of what country?
3. What was the irony in Dr. Lengyel's success in saving Olly's life?
4. What was the ultimate purpose of Birkenau?
5. How many people were loaded into Olga's train car?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)