|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII through XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was the morgue from the hospital?
(a) A half-hour's walk.
(b) Forty minutes.
(c) Over an hour's walk.
(d) Ten minutes.
2. How many women were saved from death on the day that Dr. Klein sent them out of the washroom?
3. Aside from the gas chamber, what other means of extermination did the Nazis use?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Humane euthanasia.
(d) An injection of phenol into the heart.
4. What reply did most prisoners in the concentration camp give to explain their imprisonment?
(a) They were Jewish.
(b) They fought in the resistance.
(c) They did not know why they were there.
(d) They were Polish.
5. What illness afflicted the children who were lying near the door of the train car?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the insignia on each train car indicate?
2. Why were pregnancies sometimes hard to catch in the initial selection at the station?
3. Upon reflection, how does Olga Lengyel describe her philosophy about mankind?
4. How often was the water turned on in the washrooms?
5. What was the "astonishing question" that Irma Griese asked Olga?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)