|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII through XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many languages did the Auschwitz-Birkenau commandant's interpreter speak?
2. How many days passed between Olga's arrival in the village and the arrival of the Russian troops?
(a) The Russians arrived the next morning.
(b) The Russians arrived that same night.
(c) The Russians arrived five days later.
(d) The Russians arrived three days later.
3. How many roll calls occurred each day?
4. Why did Madga, at first, refuse to attempt escape?
(a) She did not want to leave her mother, who was also in the circle.
(b) She was too frightened to move out of the circle.
(c) She was tired of living and had resigned herself to death.
(d) She did not believe in the crematory and thought they would go somewhere better.
5. How did Olga's husband die?
(a) He was shot during an evacuation march when he stooped to help a fellow prisoner.
(b) He was sent to the gas chamber.
(c) He was shot after trying to smuggle medicine into the hospital.
(d) He contracted small pox and died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many barracks lined the Lagerstrasse?
2. How far was the morgue from the hospital?
3. Why was Auschwitz made up of mostly Gentile prisoners?
4. What did Irma Griese do to the handsome Georgian's Polish lover?
5. How much did Olga pay in order to buy a piece of cloth and have a nurse's blouse made?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)