|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII through XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the prisoners who drank stagnant water from the puddles?
(a) They were beaten by their fellow prisoners.
(b) They died.
(c) They were attacked by the German dogs.
(d) They were beaten by the kapos.
2. How was Dr. Klein different from the other S.S.?
(a) He did not yell and he had nice manners.
(b) He took the time to get to know each one of his patients.
(c) He had dark hair and dark eyes.
(d) He sympathized with the prisoners and gave them news about the war.
3. What did Olga have to give to the blocova in order to keep her escape from the gas chamber a secret?
(a) Her toothbrush.
(b) A week's ration of margarine.
(c) Her boots.
(d) Her wooden knife.
4. What about the blue-eyed man caught Olga's attention?
(a) He had a scar on his face.
(b) He was smiling.
(c) His head had been shaved.
(d) He was missing one ear.
5. According to the author, of what ingredient was the camp soap made?
(a) The soup that was left at the end of each week.
(b) The grease from the cremated bodies of prisoners.
(c) Toiletries taken from the luggage of detainees.
(d) The rendered bodies of rats caught in the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music did Dr. Mengele prefer?
2. What was the duty of the blocova's secretary?
3. What was the weather like when Olga and the rest of her camp were evacuated from Auschwitz?
4. How long had the blue-eyed man been in prison camps?
5. What name was given to the internee who was chosen as barrack chief?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)