|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII through XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, of what ingredient was the camp soap made?
(a) Toiletries taken from the luggage of detainees.
(b) The grease from the cremated bodies of prisoners.
(c) The soup that was left at the end of each week.
(d) The rendered bodies of rats caught in the camp.
2. What did the resistance use as the principle center for broadcasting its "spoken newspaper"?
(a) The alley behind the infirmary.
(c) The latrines.
(d) The infirmary.
3. How many patients did the hospital in the infirmary hold?
(a) Twenty to thirty.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) Almost one hundred.
(d) From four to five hundred people.
4. What was wrong with the young Greek girl who was brought into the infirmary from a neighboring barrack?
(a) She was mentally ill.
(b) She was anemic.
(c) She had pneumonia.
(d) She had dysentery.
5. Where did Olga and the other women get bread for their journey?
(a) They had been saving it for an emergency.
(b) People from the men's camp gave them some before they left.
(c) It was distributed to each inmate for the journey.
(d) They smashed in the warehouse door and took the bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women from the infirmary had the task of carrying corpses from the hospital to the morgue?
2. How many internees were in Olga's camp?
3. How long after their arrival did Olga and her fellow prisoners receive their first morning meal?
4. According to the formula devised by the insane mathematics professor, which was devised to explain the problem of the war, what did the variables X, Y, Z, and V stand for?
5. One day in June of 1944, where did Irma Griese send the 315 women who were "selected"?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)