|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V through IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the elderly man not eat the potatoes in his soup?
(a) He was blind and could not see that there were potatoes in his soup.
(b) He had no teeth and the insides of the potatoes were uncooked.
(c) His mouth was wired shut, so he could only sip the broth.
(d) He wanted to exchange them for a "favor" from one of the women.
2. What was the only restriction upon the Lageraelteste?
(a) She was not allowed to keep a servant.
(b) She had no restrictions.
(c) She was not allowed to speak to the other prisoners.
(d) She was not permitted to leave the camp.
3. What name was given to the internee who was chosen as barrack chief?
4. What advice did the handsome German prisoner have for Olga when she was looking for her son?
(a) "Pay one of the guards and he may tell you where to go."
(b) "Forget him, and everyone else you knew, and just worry about yourself."
(c) "Don't give up looking, no matter what others tell you."
(d) "Pretend to be German, and you might get kind treatment."
5. What name was given to the barrack's "cages" into which the prisoners were divided?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the ambulances take the sick and injured who got off the train?
2. How many people were loaded into Olga's train car?
3. According to the German major who stayed with the Lengyel family, why did his family complain whenever he returned home?
4. At the beginning of the author's story, how much of Europe was under Nazi control?
5. What was wrong with the young Greek girl who was brought into the infirmary from a neighboring barrack?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)