|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters X through XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Irma Griese forbid Olga to do?
(a) To look at her in the eye.
(b) To accompany Dr. Klein on his rounds.
(c) To return to the infirmary.
(d) To speak to any other inmate about their meeting.
2. What song did Olga and the other inmates listen to on the phonograph record?
(a) "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Fred Astaire.
(b) "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Benny Goodman.
(c) "Silent Night" by Bing Crosby.
(d) "Whistle While You Work" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
3. According to the author, of what ingredient was the camp soap made?
(a) The soup that was left at the end of each week.
(b) The rendered bodies of rats caught in the camp.
(c) Toiletries taken from the luggage of detainees.
(d) The grease from the cremated bodies of prisoners.
4. According to Olga, what did the word "organize" come to mean among the prisoners?
(d) Pass information.
5. How many barracks lined the Lagerstrasse?
(a) Seventeen on either side.
(b) Twenty total.
(c) Thirty Six.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take for the train that was carrying Olga and her family to arrive at its destination?
2. What name was given to the barrack's "cages" into which the prisoners were divided?
3. How many patients did the hospital in the infirmary hold?
4. What question did Olga ask of her mother and father before they left the train car?
5. What metaphor did the author use to describe the train cars at the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)