|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters X through XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened the day after Olga met her husband in the camp?
(a) Her husband was hanged for insubordination.
(b) She was assigned to work in the infirmary.
(c) The men were removed from the camp.
(d) All of the barracks were locked down.
2. How long was the Lagerstrasse?
(a) About 5000 long.
(b) About 2 miles long.
(c) About 10,000 feet long.
(d) About 1500 feet long.
3. How did Olga become a "rich woman" in the camp?
(a) She was given extra food by one of the guards.
(b) She found friends who comforted her.
(c) She was given her own blanket, which she shared with her bedmates.
(d) She made a toothbrush, a handkerchief, and a wooden knife.
4. What metaphor did the author use to describe the train cars at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(b) Hospital wards.
(d) Cattle barns.
5. According to the author, how many serious infections were dealt with in the infirmary as a result of poor sterilization procedures?
(a) Too many to count.
(b) Over two hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Auschwitz made up of mostly Gentile prisoners?
2. What standard did the Germans use to determine which children in the men's camp would be exterminated?
3. Why did Olga's husband decide not to take half of her poison?
4. According to the German major who stayed with the Lengyel family, why did his family complain whenever he returned home?
5. What did Olga pick up from the ground that helped her escape from the group of prisoners headed for the gas chamber?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)