|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters X through XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the handsome, blue-eyed man doing in Olga's barrack?
(a) He was hiding from the camp police.
(b) He was a doctor on his rounds.
(c) He was repairing the bunks.
(d) He had sneaked in to see one of the women.
2. What advice did the handsome German prisoner have for Olga when she was looking for her son?
(a) "Don't give up looking, no matter what others tell you."
(b) "Pretend to be German, and you might get kind treatment."
(c) "Forget him, and everyone else you knew, and just worry about yourself."
(d) "Pay one of the guards and he may tell you where to go."
3. How many women were saved from death on the day that Dr. Klein sent them out of the washroom?
4. What did the young Czech boy trade in order to have one night with his lover from the other side of the fence?
(a) A diamond that he stole from "Canada".
(b) A bottle of aspirin.
(c) Eight days of bread and eight days of soup.
(d) A bowl and a toothbrush.
5. How was Dr. Klein different from the other S.S.?
(a) He did not yell and he had nice manners.
(b) He took the time to get to know each one of his patients.
(c) He sympathized with the prisoners and gave them news about the war.
(d) He had dark hair and dark eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author and her colleagues dread taking contagious cases to the hospital?
2. Why did the Stubendiensts surround the prisoners who were chosen for selection?
3. How many patients did the hospital in the infirmary hold?
4. What was Miklos Lengyel's profession?
5. What "rumor" did the woman in Olga's barrack share with Dr. Klein?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)