|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters X through XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease did Tadek's new girlfriend eventually contract?
(a) Scarlet fever.
2. Why did Olga and her family join her husband when he was deported?
(a) She believed the family would be better off than they were in Cluj.
(b) She did not want him to suffer the terrors of the camps alone.
(c) She believed everything would be all right as long as they stayed together.
(d) The S.S. forced them from their homes and sent them away. too.
3. How many people within the barracks had to share a single blanket?
4. How many women worked in the kitchen staff?
(a) About forty.
(b) About four hundred.
(c) About three hundred.
(d) Almost one hundred.
5. According to the author, despite his handsome appearance, what characteristic of Dr. Mengele's made a person uneasy?
(a) Nothing in particular; just something about his demeanor.
(b) A nasty scar running under his chin and up to his right ear.
(c) A wildness in his eyes.
(d) His smug grin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the ambulances take the sick and injured who got off the train?
2. Aside from the gas chamber, what other means of extermination did the Nazis use?
3. How old was Irma Griese?
4. What happened when a woman gave birth in the concentration camp?
5. What did the green triangle on a prisoner's uniform indicate?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)