|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters X through XVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did L. insist that Olga give out all of the news that he delivered to her?
(a) The internees needed it to keep up their morale.
(b) Olga would then become more important to the S.S. guards.
(c) He needed to confuse the Nazis.
(d) He wanted to be sure that he could depend on her.
2. How long had the Polish woman, Irka, been in the camp?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fifteen months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Four years.
3. What did the green triangle on a prisoner's uniform indicate?
(a) The prisoner had been selected for the gas chamber.
(b) The prisoner was of German origin.
(c) The prisoner was guilty of murder.
(d) The prisoner worked in the infirmary.
4. Why was Olga chosen for selection in Chapter 8?
(a) She stole food from the kitchen.
(b) She tried to stab the blocova.
(c) She was so sick that she couldn't get out of her bunk.
(d) She covered her back with a piece of wool.
5. What time did the infirmary begin to see patients each day?
(a) Four o'clock in the morning.
(b) Five o'clock in the morning.
(c) Seven o'clock in the morning.
(d) Six o'clock in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the "most tragic danger" for the sick in the camp?
2. What did Dr. Klein bring for Olga while she and the other inmates were kneeling in the mud?
3. Which of Olga's friends was also chosen for selection at the same time?
4. What did Olga hide in her boot?
5. What was the name of the building that became Olga's home while she was in Auschwitz?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)