Chapters I through IV
1. At the beginning of the author's story, how much of Europe was under Nazi control?
(a) Almost half.
2. At the time of the author's story, the city of Cluj was a part of what country?
3. What was Miklos Lengyel's profession?
(a) City adiministrator.
(c) Linguistics professor.
4. According to the German major who stayed with the Lengyel family, why did his family complain whenever he returned home?
(a) He was away from home so much and they missed him.
(b) He did not send back as much loot as the other officers sent to their families.
(c) They disagreed with the way that the Germans were treating prisoners.
(d) He did not make enough money to keep his children fed and clothed.
5. Of what was Dr. Lengyel accused when he was questioned by the S.S.?
(a) Distributing anti-Nazi propaganda.
(b) Hiding Jewish families in his hospital.
(c) Boycotting the use of German pharmeceuticals in his clinic.
(d) Providing free medical services to Gypsies.
This section contains 6,558 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)