|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
2. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
3. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
4. Why does Marius ensure that his position is heavily fortified?
5. When Marius returns to Rome, what doe she immediately want to focus on?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author create an accurate representation of the tension between classes during this novel? Do you think these issues exist in society today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of man is Sulla? Why do you think he was successful with Marius? What do you think will happen to him without the army and Marius?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference in character between Sulla and Marius. Which of the two demonstrates better character? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)