|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Senate want to make Marius Ponitfex Maximus?
2. Who sets up Gais Caesar the younger to marry Aurelia?
3. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
4. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
5. Why does Sulla make his proposal to Marius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the senate as it is described throughout the novel to the modern senate. In what ways do they act the same? In what ways are they different? Which do you think is better for its citizens? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does motivation play a part in the character's rise and fall from Roman society in this novel? Who has the purer motivations for the actions he takes? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference in character between Caepio and Marius. Which of the two demonstrates better character? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)