|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Caepio's son survive the battle?
2. Why does Marius ensure that his position is heavily fortified?
3. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
4. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
5. How does Caepio plan on raising his army?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how there are two different kinds of Man of the People. Which characters represent each kind? Is this still the case in modern society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are Marius and the other New Men a threat to all the things the senators hold dear? Are these real threats or exaggerated?
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the novel, Sulla murders numerous people. Why does he take these actions? How does he react to these situations? Are his actions justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)