|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
2. Why does Sulla make his proposal to Marius?
3. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
4. How does King Bocchus respond to giving Sulla Jugurtha?
5. Why does Publius head into a cave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author create an accurate representation of the tension between classes during this novel? Do you think these issues exist in society today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
From the beginning of the novel, Marius believes he is destined for greatness. How do you think this belief about himself has helped him to achieve what he has at the end of the novel? What do you think would have happened had he not had this belief?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference in character between Sulla and Marius. Which of the two demonstrates better character? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)