|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
2. How does Caepio feel about what happened to the gold?
3. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
4. Where is Caepio when he thinks he sees gold and silver?
5. How has Sulla been able to learn how to speak German?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways are Marius and the other New Men a threat to all the things the senators hold dear? Are these real threats or exaggerated?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the senate as it is described throughout the novel to the modern senate. In what ways do they act the same? In what ways are they different? Which do you think is better for its citizens? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe the senate distrusts and dislikes Marius so much? Are their beliefs founded or unfounded? Why ?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)