|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
2. Where is Caepio being sent?
3. What does Marius believe will be of greater incentive to the head-count army?
4. What happens to the men who killed the leaders of the coup?
5. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sulla return with and what does this person share with both he and Marius?
2. What kind of triumphal march does Marius want and why does he want this kind?
3. What path does Marius decide to take and why does he decide to take this path?
4. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
5. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
6. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
7. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
8. How do Caepio's end up finding men to fill their legions?
9. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
10. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the difference in character between Caepio and Marius. Which of the two demonstrates better character? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Which character demonstrates the greatest amount of Roman noble characteristics? Why do you think this way? Which one demonstrates the least amount of these characteristics? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference in character between Sulla and Marius. Which of the two demonstrates better character? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)