Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
2. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
3. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
4. How does Sulla fill his days?
5. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Silanus intentionally left behind while the others left for the mission in Africa?
2. What happens when Marius goes to see Marth, the King's prophet?
3. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
4. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
5. What happened when Cassius took troops to attack the Germans?
6. How does Caepio's methods for creating an army differ from Marius's?
7. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
8. What must Marius do in order to marry one of Caesar's daughters?
9. How did Sulla find out that the mushroom Nicopolis was picking was poisonous and what did he do about it?
10. Why does King Bocchus become involved in the war in Africa?
How does motivation play a part in the character's rise and fall from Roman society in this novel? Who has the purer motivations for the actions he takes? Why do you think this way?
A key principle in republican Rome was the importance of a citizen army. Why is this the case? Does this remain as important today? Why or why not?
Which character demonstrates the greatest amount of Roman noble characteristics? Why do you think this way? Which one demonstrates the least amount of these characteristics? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)