|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius want to happen?
2. What military campaign is the new counsel planning on beginning?
3. Why is Gaius Julius Caesar concerned about his daughter giving birth?
4. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
5. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complications happened to Julia during the birth and how did the situation end?
2. Describe both of Caesar's daughters.
3. What does Caesar confide to Marius privately about Sulla and how does Marius react?
4. What does Gaius Caesar inform Sulla about Clitumna after her death?
5. What does Caesar ask Marius when he invites him over for dinner?
6. What is Sulla's heritage and how does he currently live?
7. What happened to Metellus and his troops in Africa?
8. What does Marius ask of Sulla when the meet for the first time?
9. Why did Marius have such a good turn out at the meeting of the Senators he called?
10. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author create an accurate representation of the tension between classes during this novel? Do you think these issues exist in society today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of man is Sulla? Why do you think he was successful with Marius? What do you think will happen to him without the army and Marius?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are Marius and the other New Men a threat to all the things the senators hold dear? Are these real threats or exaggerated?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)