|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caesar feel about Sulla?
2. What does Marius do as he travels throughout Africa?
3. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
4. What happens to the second child Marius and Julia have?
5. What does Marius do with those that surrendered when he took over the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bill did Marius introduce that the other Senators were not happy he introduced?
2. Why does Marius want to return to Rome and what does Metellus do about his request?
3. What does Gaius Caesar inform Sulla about Clitumna after her death?
4. Why is Jugurtha currently in Rome?
5. How does Marius respond to the complaints and issues the Senators bring up about his proposed bill?
6. Why was Silanus intentionally left behind while the others left for the mission in Africa?
7. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
8. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
9. What does Marius ask of Sulla when the meet for the first time?
10. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters in the novel complete actions based on revenge? Is this an appropriate motivator? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What role does luck play throughout the novel? How do the characters feel about the luck? Why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference in character between Sulla and Marius. Which of the two demonstrates better character? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)