|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
2. With whom is Gauda unhappy?
3. Why do many of the senators automatically not like Marius?
4. Which of the following characters did the three army friends insult?
5. Which of the Roman senators is particularly wary of Jugurtha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
2. Describe both of Caesar's daughters.
3. What happened to Metellus and his troops in Africa?
4. What complications happened to Julia during the birth and how did the situation end?
5. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
6. What must Marius do in order to marry one of Caesar's daughters?
7. What is Sulla's heritage and how does he currently live?
8. Why did Marius have such a good turn out at the meeting of the Senators he called?
9. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
10. What does Gaius Caesar inform Sulla about Clitumna after her death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does motivation play a part in the character's rise and fall from Roman society in this novel? Who has the purer motivations for the actions he takes? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
A key principle in republican Rome was the importance of a citizen army. Why is this the case? Does this remain as important today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how there are two different kinds of Man of the People. Which characters represent each kind? Is this still the case in modern society? Why or why not?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)