Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
2. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
3. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
4. How does Sulla fill his days?
5. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Silanus intentionally left behind while the others left for the mission in Africa?
2. What happens when Marius goes to see Marth, the King's prophet?
3. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
4. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
5. What happened when Cassius took troops to attack the Germans?
6. How does Caepio's methods for creating an army differ from Marius's?
7. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
8. What must Marius do in order to marry one of Caesar's daughters?
9. How did Sulla find out that the mushroom Nicopolis was picking was poisonous and what did he do about it?
10. Why does King Bocchus become involved in the war in Africa?
How does the author create an accurate representation of the tension between classes during this novel? Do you think these issues exist in society today? Why or why not?
What kind of man is Sulla? Why do you think he was successful with Marius? What do you think will happen to him without the army and Marius?
Which characters in the novel complete actions based on revenge? Is this an appropriate motivator? Why or why not?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)