|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sulla ensure Hercules will not tell his part in the deception?
2. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
3. What does Marius plan to bypass to have Metellus deposed as leader of the army in Africa?
4. What does Marius hope his campaign will do?
5. How does Sulla fill his days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What path does Marius decide to take and why does he decide to take this path?
2. Why did Marius have such a good turn out at the meeting of the Senators he called?
3. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
4. What is Marius's argument to get more men to serve in the Roman legions?
5. What happens when Marius and his army meet the Cimbri army and why is this the case?
6. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
7. What must Marius do in order to marry one of Caesar's daughters?
8. What happened when Cassius took troops to attack the Germans?
9. What do Marius and Rufus do because of their frustrations with Metellus's mishandling of the war in Africa?
10. Why is Bomilcar unhappy with Jugurtha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how there are two different kinds of Man of the People. Which characters represent each kind? Is this still the case in modern society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which character demonstrates the greatest amount of Roman noble characteristics? Why do you think this way? Which one demonstrates the least amount of these characteristics? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
Write a comparison essay about Sulla and Marius. Consider how they behave? Which one makes the better leader? Which one seems most trustworthy? Why?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)