|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Destroyer?
2. What status might have affected Marius's ability to be elected consul?
3. Who does Marius decide he will marry?
4. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
5. Who did the Senate decide to try for treason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar confide to Marius privately about Sulla and how does Marius react?
2. What changes does Marius make to the legions he takes with him back to Africa?
3. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
4. What happens when Marius goes to see Marth, the King's prophet?
5. How did Marius serve the army and what was the outcome of his service?
6. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
7. Why does Marius want to return to Rome and what does Metellus do about his request?
8. What bill did Marius introduce that the other Senators were not happy he introduced?
9. How did Sulla find out that the mushroom Nicopolis was picking was poisonous and what did he do about it?
10. Who had prepared Nicopolis's will and what were the terms of the will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of man is Sulla? Why do you think he was successful with Marius? What do you think will happen to him without the army and Marius?
Essay Topic 2
Which character demonstrates the greatest amount of Roman noble characteristics? Why do you think this way? Which one demonstrates the least amount of these characteristics? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
What role does luck play throughout the novel? How do the characters feel about the luck? Why do you think this is the case?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)