|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Marius propose the bill into the plebeian?
2. What would the pletariat be able to get for enlisting?
3. What does Sulla tell Clitumna to do in eight days?
4. How does Marius begin his speech to the senators?
5. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what was Metellus elected and with this election what was he given?
2. What is Sulla's heritage and how does he currently live?
3. Where does Sulla find Clitumna when he returns and what does he do when he finds her?
4. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
5. Why is Jugurtha currently in Rome?
6. What does Marius ask of Sulla when the meet for the first time?
7. How did Sulla find out that the mushroom Nicopolis was picking was poisonous and what did he do about it?
8. Why did Marius have such a good turn out at the meeting of the Senators he called?
9. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
10. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character demonstrates the greatest amount of Roman noble characteristics? Why do you think this way? Which one demonstrates the least amount of these characteristics? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
At several points in the novel, Marius side steps the Senate. Do you think he was justified in this action? Why or why not? Could someone take these same steps today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the difference in character between Sulla and Marius. Which of the two demonstrates better character? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)