|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
2. How is Clitumna killed?
3. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
4. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
5. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
2. Why does King Bocchus become involved in the war in Africa?
3. What message does Marius tell Sulla to deliver to King Bocchus?
4. How did Sulla find out that the mushroom Nicopolis was picking was poisonous and what did he do about it?
5. Why is Jugurtha currently in Rome?
6. To what was Metellus elected and with this election what was he given?
7. What has happened with the two kings who survived the battle in Africa?
8. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
9. What does Gaius Caesar inform Sulla about Clitumna after her death?
10. When Metellus finally releases Marius from his African service what does he believe will happen and w hat does actually happen?
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in the novel committed treason. Which characters committed treason? How were their betrayals handled? Were these just punishments? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters in the novel complete actions based on revenge? Is this an appropriate motivator? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe the senate distrusts and dislikes Marius so much? Are their beliefs founded or unfounded? Why ?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)