|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between the election and Marius's meeting with the senators?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One hour.
2. What ambition has Sulla lost?
(a) The desire to become a consul.
(b) The ambition to help the poorer members of his family.
(c) The ambition to apologize for his ways.
(d) The ambition to be a distinguished member of Roman society.
3. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
(a) They pushed further south.
(b) They moved on to Spain.
(c) They retreated to their homeland.
(d) They took over Rome.
4. At which temple are the Romans gathered?
5. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the party between Sulla and Hercules?
2. Why is Gaius Julius Caesar concerned about his daughter giving birth?
3. Who did the Senate decide to try for treason?
4. On which holiday does this novel begin?
5. Why do so many senators show up at the meeting Marius calls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
2. How does Marius respond to the complaints and issues the Senators bring up about his proposed bill?
3. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
4. What bill did Marius introduce that the other Senators were not happy he introduced?
5. Why is Bomilcar unhappy with Jugurtha?
6. What complications happened to Julia during the birth and how did the situation end?
7. Where does Sulla find Clitumna when he returns and what does he do when he finds her?
8. Why is Jugurtha currently in Rome?
9. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
10. Describe both of Caesar's daughters.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)