|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the pletariat be able to get for enlisting?
2. What is another name for the pletariat?
(b) The Man.
(d) The Few.
3. Who does Marius decide he will marry?
4. Where is Marius as chapter three opens?
5. How are Marius and Gaius Julius Caesar related?
(a) They are not related.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Uncle and nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens the city of Rome while many of the warriors are headed to Africa?
2. What does Marius do as he travels throughout Africa?
3. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
4. What happened right after Metellus brought his troops home from Africa?
5. With whom is Gauda unhappy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jugurtha currently in Rome?
2. Why was Silanus intentionally left behind while the others left for the mission in Africa?
3. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
4. Who had prepared Nicopolis's will and what were the terms of the will?
5. What changes does Marius make to the legions he takes with him back to Africa?
6. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
7. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
8. Why is Bomilcar unhappy with Jugurtha?
9. To what was Metellus elected and with this election what was he given?
10. Describe both of Caesar's daughters.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)