|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Destroyer?
2. Which of the following characters did the three army friends insult?
3. How are Marius and Gaius Julius Caesar related?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(c) They are not related.
(d) Father and son.
4. What has happened to Metellus's credibility in Rome?
(a) It has been restored.
(b) It has been undermined.
(c) It has been exaggerated.
(d) It has been relieved.
5. What status might have affected Marius's ability to be elected consul?
(a) Defined man.
(b) Open man.
(c) New man.
(d) One man.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which holiday does this novel begin?
2. What does Metellus claim to get Rufus and Marius to join him on the expedition to remove Jugurtha?
3. What military campaign is the new counsel planning on beginning?
4. What happened right after Metellus brought his troops home from Africa?
5. Why did Marius propose the bill into the plebeian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
2. What does Marius realize about the German's food supply?
3. Who does Sulla return with and what does this person share with both he and Marius?
4. What changes does Marius make to the legions he takes with him back to Africa?
5. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
6. Why is Jugurtha currently in Rome?
7. What message does Marius tell Sulla to deliver to King Bocchus?
8. What does Caesar confide to Marius privately about Sulla and how does Marius react?
9. Why did Marius have such a good turn out at the meeting of the Senators he called?
10. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)