|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
(a) Rufus warns him.
(b) He tortures a man.
(c) Metellus lets this information slip out.
(d) He sends a message to Marius.
2. How does Marius feel when he leaves the senators?
3. What does Jugurtha want his half-brother to find for him?
(a) An assassin.
(b) A place to hide.
(c) A member of the senate who can be bribed.
(d) A wife.
4. How long before the election does Metellus release Marius?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 12 days.
5. What is another name for the pletariat?
(c) The Man.
(d) The Few.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar want Marius to make sure Sulla is elected?
2. Which of the following characters did the three army friends insult?
3. At which temple are the Romans gathered?
4. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
5. What does Marius do with those that surrendered when he took over the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jugurtha currently in Rome?
2. What does Gaius Caesar inform Sulla about Clitumna after her death?
3. When Metellus finally releases Marius from his African service what does he believe will happen and w hat does actually happen?
4. From who does the Julian clan claim to be descended from and what does this give them in society?
5. How does Marius respond to the complaints and issues the Senators bring up about his proposed bill?
6. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
7. What happened to Metellus and his troops in Africa?
8. What does Caesar confide to Marius privately about Sulla and how does Marius react?
9. What complications happened to Julia during the birth and how did the situation end?
10. Describe both of Caesar's daughters.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)