|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters did the three army friends insult?
2. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
3. What was the Destroyer?
4. What happened right after Metellus brought his troops home from Africa?
(a) They were ambushed and many lives were lost.
(b) They were sent to Germany.
(c) They needed to defend Rome from the Germans.
(d) They were sent back to Africa.
5. What is another name for the pletariat?
(b) The Few.
(c) The Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
2. What would the pletariat be able to get for enlisting?
3. What does Marius indicate the loss of life has impeded?
4. Who does Marius decide he will marry?
5. How many legions of new soldiers does Marius hope to raise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the gold that Caepio has sent on its way to a city near Rome and how does he react?
2. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
3. What must Marius do in order to marry one of Caesar's daughters?
4. What happens when Marius and his army meet the Cimbri army and why is this the case?
5. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
6. Why does Marius want to return to Rome and what does Metellus do about his request?
7. What does Caesar confide to Marius privately about Sulla and how does Marius react?
8. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
9. How did Marius serve the army and what was the outcome of his service?
10. Why is the idea of two separate Triumphs repellent and what does Marius suggest instead?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)