|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many legions of new soldiers does Marius raise before he leaves for Africa?
2. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He had not trained them properly.
(b) He moved too fast.
(c) He did not have enough troops.
(d) He took them too far into German territory.
3. Where is Marius inducted into the consulship?
(a) Temple of Jupiter.
(b) Battlefield in Africa.
(c) In the center of Rome.
(d) Floor of the Roman Senate.
4. What would the pletariat be able to get for enlisting?
5. What does Marius plan to bypass to have Metellus deposed as leader of the army in Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
2. What request does Marius make of Metellus?
3. Which of the Roman senators is particularly wary of Jugurtha?
4. Why does Metellus refuse Marius's request?
5. What does Sulla tell Clitumna to do in eight days?
Short Essay Questions
1. From who does the Julian clan claim to be descended from and what does this give them in society?
2. Why is Jugurtha currently in Rome?
3. What do Marius and Rufus do because of their frustrations with Metellus's mishandling of the war in Africa?
4. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
5. When Metellus finally releases Marius from his African service what does he believe will happen and w hat does actually happen?
6. What happened when Cassius took troops to attack the Germans?
7. Why is Bomilcar unhappy with Jugurtha?
8. What must Marius do in order to marry one of Caesar's daughters?
9. What happened to Metellus and his troops in Africa?
10. How does Marius respond to the complaints and issues the Senators bring up about his proposed bill?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)