|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
(a) He wants to buy votes.
(b) He wants to meet the new senators.
(c) He wants to witness the ceremony.
(d) He wants to buy some goods.
2. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
3. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
(a) They have heard that the Germans are relentless.
(b) They do not trust the new consul members.
(c) They know the protection forces are not in Rome.
(d) They remember a previous invasion.
4. How does Sulla fill his days?
(a) Governmental politics.
(b) Taking care of his sick mother.
(c) Drinking and sex.
(d) Learning a trade.
5. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
(a) He turns to his former friends for support.
(b) He dies.
(c) He seeks out a new advisor.
(d) He becomes paranoid and lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Clitumna killed?
2. Where is Marius inducted into the consulship?
3. What type of family is Marius's?
4. Who does Marius put in charge of raising the rest of the new soldiers when he leaves for Africa?
5. What was Metellus implicated in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Silanus intentionally left behind while the others left for the mission in Africa?
2. What happens when Marius goes to see Marth, the King's prophet?
3. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
4. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
5. What happened when Cassius took troops to attack the Germans?
6. How does Caepio's methods for creating an army differ from Marius's?
7. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
8. What must Marius do in order to marry one of Caesar's daughters?
9. How did Sulla find out that the mushroom Nicopolis was picking was poisonous and what did he do about it?
10. Why does King Bocchus become involved in the war in Africa?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)