|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marius put in charge of raising the rest of the new soldiers when he leaves for Africa?
2. What was Caesar appointed?
(a) Army captain.
3. How is Clitumna killed?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) Her neck is broken.
(d) She is stabbed.
4. What would the pletariat be able to get for enlisting?
5. How many legions of new soldiers does Marius hope to raise?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
2. Why does Caesar want to think about Sulla's proposition that he marry Julilia?
3. What type of family is Marius's?
4. What does Marius plan to bypass to have Metellus deposed as leader of the army in Africa?
5. What does Martha say Marius will do seven times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
2. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
3. What does Marius ask of Sulla when the meet for the first time?
4. From who does the Julian clan claim to be descended from and what does this give them in society?
5. When Metellus finally releases Marius from his African service what does he believe will happen and w hat does actually happen?
6. What does Gaius Caesar inform Sulla about Clitumna after her death?
7. What bill did Marius introduce that the other Senators were not happy he introduced?
8. How did Sulla find out that the mushroom Nicopolis was picking was poisonous and what did he do about it?
9. Describe both of Caesar's daughters.
10. What happens when Marius goes to see Marth, the King's prophet?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)