|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of characters became friends in the army?
(a) Marius, Jugurtha, Sullus.
(b) Rufus, Sullus, Metellus.
(c) Marius, Jugurtha, Rufus.
(d) Marius, Metellus, Sullus.
2. What ambition has Sulla lost?
(a) The ambition to help the poorer members of his family.
(b) The ambition to be a distinguished member of Roman society.
(c) The desire to become a consul.
(d) The ambition to apologize for his ways.
3. Who does Marius put in charge of raising the rest of the new soldiers when he leaves for Africa?
4. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
(a) He dies.
(b) He turns to his former friends for support.
(c) He becomes paranoid and lonely.
(d) He seeks out a new advisor.
5. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He moved too fast.
(b) He took them too far into German territory.
(c) He did not have enough troops.
(d) He had not trained them properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Caesar appointed?
2. What does Marius hope his campaign will do?
3. What happens to Clitumna after Nicopolis dies?
4. How does Marius feel when he leaves the senators?
5. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Marius goes to see Marth, the King's prophet?
2. Why did Marius have such a good turn out at the meeting of the Senators he called?
3. Describe both of Caesar's daughters.
4. When Metellus finally releases Marius from his African service what does he believe will happen and w hat does actually happen?
5. How did Sulla find out that the mushroom Nicopolis was picking was poisonous and what did he do about it?
6. What attitude has Julilla adopted about Marius?
7. What is Sulla's heritage and how does he currently live?
8. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
9. From who does the Julian clan claim to be descended from and what does this give them in society?
10. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)