|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He did not have enough troops.
(b) He moved too fast.
(c) He took them too far into German territory.
(d) He had not trained them properly.
2. How does Marius feel when he leaves the senators?
3. What kills Stichus?
(a) He died of natural causes.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He is hung as a traitor.
4. What happens to Clitumna after Nicopolis dies?
(a) She tells Gais Caesar that she thinks Nicopolis was murdered.
(b) She becomes very depressed.
(c) She becomes closer to Julilia.
(d) She falls in love with Sulla.
5. Why are many Romans gathered at the temple?
(a) To make a sacrifice to the goddess.
(b) To watch the swearing in of new consuls.
(c) To determine the validity of ancestral claims.
(d) To elect a new leader for Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before the election does Metellus release Marius?
2. Where is Marius as chapter three opens?
3. What would the pletariat be able to get for enlisting?
4. What does Marius do with those that surrendered when he took over the castle?
5. Which of the following is now an important senator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marius ask of Sulla when the meet for the first time?
2. What bill did Marius introduce that the other Senators were not happy he introduced?
3. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
4. How does Marius respond to the complaints and issues the Senators bring up about his proposed bill?
5. How did Marius serve the army and what was the outcome of his service?
6. To what was Metellus elected and with this election what was he given?
7. What does Gaius Caesar inform Sulla about Clitumna after her death?
8. Why does Marius want to return to Rome and what does Metellus do about his request?
9. Describe both of Caesar's daughters.
10. What complications happened to Julia during the birth and how did the situation end?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)