|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sulla fill his days?
(a) Drinking and sex.
(b) Taking care of his sick mother.
(c) Governmental politics.
(d) Learning a trade.
2. Why does Marius want to return to Rome?
(a) To further undermine Metellus.
(b) To help defend Rome against the Germans.
(c) To stand for election.
(d) To visit his son and wife.
3. What does Martha say Marius will do seven times?
(a) Have children.
(b) Leader of the troops.
(d) First Man in Rome and Consul.
4. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
(a) They pushed further south.
(b) They took over Rome.
(c) They retreated to their homeland.
(d) They moved on to Spain.
5. What is another name for the pletariat?
(c) The Man.
(d) The Few.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Gauda unhappy?
2. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
3. What does Metellus claim to get Rufus and Marius to join him on the expedition to remove Jugurtha?
4. Why does Metellus refuse Marius's request?
5. What does Marius want to happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar confide to Marius privately about Sulla and how does Marius react?
2. Describe both of Caesar's daughters.
3. How did Sulla find out that the mushroom Nicopolis was picking was poisonous and what did he do about it?
4. What happens when Marius goes to see Marth, the King's prophet?
5. To what was Metellus elected and with this election what was he given?
6. What does Caesar ask Marius when he invites him over for dinner?
7. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
8. When Metellus finally releases Marius from his African service what does he believe will happen and w hat does actually happen?
9. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
10. What happened when Cassius took troops to attack the Germans?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)