|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills Stichus?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He is hung as a traitor.
(d) He died of natural causes.
2. How does Sulla ensure Hercules will not tell his part in the deception?
(a) He threatens him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He throws him off of a cliff.
(d) He poisons him.
3. In what year does this novel begin?
(a) 500 B.C.
(b) 150 A.D.
(c) 212 A.D.
(d) 110 B.C.
4. How much time passes between the election and Marius's meeting with the senators?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One hour.
5. Why do so many senators show up at the meeting Marius calls?
(a) They want to remove him from power.
(b) They want to welcome him.
(c) They want to undermine his authority.
(d) They want to keep an eye on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the pletariat?
2. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
3. What happened right after Metellus brought his troops home from Africa?
4. Why are many Romans gathered at the temple?
5. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marius and Rufus do because of their frustrations with Metellus's mishandling of the war in Africa?
2. What changes does Marius make to the legions he takes with him back to Africa?
3. Why does Marius want to return to Rome and what does Metellus do about his request?
4. What happens when Marius goes to see Marth, the King's prophet?
5. Why did Marius have such a good turn out at the meeting of the Senators he called?
6. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
7. What attitude has Julilla adopted about Marius?
8. To what was Metellus elected and with this election what was he given?
9. What must Marius do in order to marry one of Caesar's daughters?
10. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)