|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Marius stay up all night the night before his inauguration day?
(a) To protect his family from troublemakers.
(b) To ensure there were no bad omens.
(c) To draft a law he plans to pass without Senator's knowledge.
(d) To write out his inauguration speech.
2. Why does Marius decide to marry this new girl?
(a) To stop an assassination attempt.
(b) To prevent a senate overthrow.
(c) To meet his own personal needs.
(d) To be connected to an important family.
3. Why do so many senators show up at the meeting Marius calls?
(a) They want to keep an eye on him.
(b) They want to welcome him.
(c) They want to remove him from power.
(d) They want to undermine his authority.
4. What does Marius claim he does not need with his new bill proposal?
(a) Senate approval.
(c) Majority approval.
(d) The plebeian approval.
5. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He moved too fast.
(b) He did not have enough troops.
(c) He had not trained them properly.
(d) He took them too far into German territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which temple are the Romans gathered?
2. What military campaign is the new counsel planning on beginning?
3. Why was Julilia starving herself?
4. In what year does this novel begin?
5. What was Caesar appointed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who had prepared Nicopolis's will and what were the terms of the will?
2. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
3. What attitude has Julilla adopted about Marius?
4. What is Sulla's heritage and how does he currently live?
5. Describe both of Caesar's daughters.
6. What changes does Marius make to the legions he takes with him back to Africa?
7. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
8. What does Gaius Caesar inform Sulla about Clitumna after her death?
9. How does Marius respond to the complaints and issues the Senators bring up about his proposed bill?
10. What happened to Metellus and his troops in Africa?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)