|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Metellus's credibility in Rome?
(a) It has been exaggerated.
(b) It has been undermined.
(c) It has been restored.
(d) It has been relieved.
2. Why are many Romans gathered at the temple?
(a) To watch the swearing in of new consuls.
(b) To elect a new leader for Rome.
(c) To determine the validity of ancestral claims.
(d) To make a sacrifice to the goddess.
3. Why do many of the senators automatically not like Marius?
(a) They do not approve of his treatment of Metellus.
(b) They do not accept the results of the election.
(c) They do not trust his family.
(d) They don't like a New Man being in this position.
4. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
(a) He tortures a man.
(b) He sends a message to Marius.
(c) Rufus warns him.
(d) Metellus lets this information slip out.
5. How does Sulla fill his days?
(a) Governmental politics.
(b) Learning a trade.
(c) Taking care of his sick mother.
(d) Drinking and sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sulla ensure Hercules will not tell his part in the deception?
2. Why does Metellus refuse Marius's request?
3. What status might have affected Marius's ability to be elected consul?
4. What is Marius's current position in the army?
5. Why did Marius stay up all night the night before his inauguration day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
2. Where does Sulla find Clitumna when he returns and what does he do when he finds her?
3. Why was Silanus intentionally left behind while the others left for the mission in Africa?
4. What changes does Marius make to the legions he takes with him back to Africa?
5. What do the senators believe will happen to Marius and whose behavior compounds this issue further?
6. Describe both of Caesar's daughters.
7. How do Caepio's end up finding men to fill their legions?
8. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
9. What does Mariuus want and what stops him from achieving this goal?
10. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)