|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marius decide to marry this new girl?
(a) To be connected to an important family.
(b) To meet his own personal needs.
(c) To prevent a senate overthrow.
(d) To stop an assassination attempt.
2. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
(a) He dies.
(b) He turns to his former friends for support.
(c) He seeks out a new advisor.
(d) He becomes paranoid and lonely.
3. Which of the following was a reason that Silanus was left behind?
(a) He was the oldest and wisest of the senators.
(b) He was the strongest consul member to protect the city.
(c) It was thought he would not survive the trip to Africa.
(d) It was thought he lacked the talent to be in battle.
4. Why does Marius want to return to Rome?
(a) To further undermine Metellus.
(b) To help defend Rome against the Germans.
(c) To visit his son and wife.
(d) To stand for election.
5. How do Rufus and Marius feel about the way Metellus is handling the war?
(a) They are frustrated.
(b) They are impressed.
(c) They are surprised.
(d) They are disgusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
2. What was Metellus implicated in?
3. What ambition has Sulla lost?
4. What complications does Julia experience as she gives birth?
5. What was the Destroyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bill did Marius introduce that the other Senators were not happy he introduced?
2. Why is Bomilcar unhappy with Jugurtha?
3. Where does Sulla find Clitumna when he returns and what does he do when he finds her?
4. What do Marius and Rufus do because of their frustrations with Metellus's mishandling of the war in Africa?
5. What happened when Cassius took troops to attack the Germans?
6. What happened to Metellus and his troops in Africa?
7. Why did Marius have such a good turn out at the meeting of the Senators he called?
8. What does Gaius Caesar inform Sulla about Clitumna after her death?
9. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
10. What changes does Marius make to the legions he takes with him back to Africa?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)