|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Jugurtha make Bomilcar the regent of the kingdom?
(a) Because he doesn't have royal blood.
(b) Because Bomilcar does not follow orders.
(c) Because Bomilcar betrayed him.
(d) Because he is too important as an advisor.
2. How does Caesar feel about Sulla?
(a) He trusts him.
(b) He feels Sulla is a fool.
(c) He likes him.
(d) He is wary.
3. What does Marius do as he travels throughout Africa?
(a) He looks for Jugurtha.
(b) He promotes his letter writing campaign against Metellus.
(c) He searches for ways to help Gauda.
(d) He plots to kill Metellus.
4. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
5. Why did Marius stay up all night the night before his inauguration day?
(a) To write out his inauguration speech.
(b) To draft a law he plans to pass without Senator's knowledge.
(c) To ensure there were no bad omens.
(d) To protect his family from troublemakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius do with those that surrendered when he took over the castle?
2. What status might have affected Marius's ability to be elected consul?
3. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
4. Which of the Roman senators is particularly wary of Jugurtha?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of the phrase "The First Man in Rome?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marius and Rufus do because of their frustrations with Metellus's mishandling of the war in Africa?
2. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
3. When Metellus finally releases Marius from his African service what does he believe will happen and w hat does actually happen?
4. Why is Jugurtha currently in Rome?
5. What is Sulla's heritage and how does he currently live?
6. How did Sulla find out that the mushroom Nicopolis was picking was poisonous and what did he do about it?
7. Why did Marius have such a good turn out at the meeting of the Senators he called?
8. To what was Metellus elected and with this election what was he given?
9. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
10. What changes does Marius make to the legions he takes with him back to Africa?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)