|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius do with those that surrendered when he took over the castle?
(a) He drafts them into his army.
(b) He has them killed.
(c) He gives them amnesty.
(d) He tortures them for their secrets.
2. What happened right after Metellus brought his troops home from Africa?
(a) They needed to defend Rome from the Germans.
(b) They were sent back to Africa.
(c) They were sent to Germany.
(d) They were ambushed and many lives were lost.
3. Why do so many senators show up at the meeting Marius calls?
(a) They want to keep an eye on him.
(b) They want to welcome him.
(c) They want to undermine his authority.
(d) They want to remove him from power.
4. How does Marius begin his speech to the senators?
(a) By praising their efforts.
(b) By recounting the losses of the army.
(c) By criticizing the way they have run the senate in the past.
(d) By telling them that he expects to learn a great deal from them both.
5. What status might have affected Marius's ability to be elected consul?
(a) One man.
(b) Defined man.
(c) Open man.
(d) New man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Destroyer?
2. Who prepare Nicopolis's will?
3. How are Marius and Gaius Julius Caesar related?
4. How does Marius feel when he leaves the senators?
5. Who does Marius decide he will marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar ask Marius when he invites him over for dinner?
2. What complications happened to Julia during the birth and how did the situation end?
3. How did Marius serve the army and what was the outcome of his service?
4. What bill did Marius introduce that the other Senators were not happy he introduced?
5. What do Marius and Rufus do because of their frustrations with Metellus's mishandling of the war in Africa?
6. What happened to Metellus and his troops in Africa?
7. What is Sulla's heritage and how does he currently live?
8. Why was Silanus intentionally left behind while the others left for the mission in Africa?
9. When Metellus finally releases Marius from his African service what does he believe will happen and w hat does actually happen?
10. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)