|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters did the three army friends insult?
2. How much time has passed from the end of chapter one to the beginning of chapter two?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
3. On which holiday does this novel begin?
(b) New Year's Day.
4. Why did Marius propose the bill into the plebeian?
(a) It is the law-making house.
(b) It is a mandatory step.
(c) To ensure its success.
(d) To gain the senators approval.
5. Who threatens the city of Rome while many of the warriors are headed to Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
2. How many legions of new soldiers does Marius raise before he leaves for Africa?
3. What does Nicopolis find on her picnic with Sulla?
4. Why does Caesar invite Marius over for dinner?
5. At which temple are the Romans gathered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
2. What complications happened to Julia during the birth and how did the situation end?
3. To what was Metellus elected and with this election what was he given?
4. What kind of triumphal march does Marius want and why does he want this kind?
5. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
6. What happens when Marius goes to see Marth, the King's prophet?
7. How does Marius respond to the complaints and issues the Senators bring up about his proposed bill?
8. How did Marius serve the army and what was the outcome of his service?
9. Why does Marius want to return to Rome and what does Metellus do about his request?
10. What realization does Caepio come to one day when he is fishing on the lake and what does he find?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)