|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caesar feel about Sulla?
(a) He trusts him.
(b) He likes him.
(c) He feels Sulla is a fool.
(d) He is wary.
2. What does Nicopolis die from?
(a) Heart failure.
(b) Kidney failure.
3. Why does Marius want to return to Rome?
(a) To further undermine Metellus.
(b) To help defend Rome against the Germans.
(c) To visit his son and wife.
(d) To stand for election.
4. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He took them too far into German territory.
(b) He did not have enough troops.
(c) He had not trained them properly.
(d) He moved too fast.
5. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
(a) He tortures a man.
(b) Rufus warns him.
(c) He sends a message to Marius.
(d) Metellus lets this information slip out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sulla leave Rome for a month?
2. How much time has passed from the end of chapter one to the beginning of chapter two?
3. Why do so many senators show up at the meeting Marius calls?
4. What does Nicopolis find on her picnic with Sulla?
5. How is Clitumna killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar ask Marius when he invites him over for dinner?
2. Why did Marius have such a good turn out at the meeting of the Senators he called?
3. What bill did Marius introduce that the other Senators were not happy he introduced?
4. To what was Metellus elected and with this election what was he given?
5. From who does the Julian clan claim to be descended from and what does this give them in society?
6. How did Sulla find out that the mushroom Nicopolis was picking was poisonous and what did he do about it?
7. Why was Julilla starving herself and what was the response to this action?
8. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
9. What do Marius and Rufus do because of their frustrations with Metellus's mishandling of the war in Africa?
10. How does Marius respond to the complaints and issues the Senators bring up about his proposed bill?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)