|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the phrase "The First Man in Rome?"
(a) True leader of Roman society.
(b) The man who represents all of the main ideas which are followed in Rome.
(c) The only man to be allowed within the temples.
(d) Greatest among equals in Roman society.
2. Why is Gaius Julius Caesar concerned about his daughter giving birth?
(a) He is afraid the child does not belong to her husband.
(b) He believes there is a plot against her.
(c) He suspects that Marius is treating her unfairly.
(d) He believes her noble blood will cause complications.
3. What does Marius hope his campaign will do?
(a) End the war in Africa.
(b) Get him elected.
(c) Expose Metellus's incompetence.
(d) Save his wife and son.
4. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
(a) Being very strong and displaying violent behavior when drunk.
(b) Being willing to do anything asked for money.
(c) Being able to procure poisons that are undetectable.
(d) Being in love with Clitumna.
5. What does an informant tell the Romans will be the best way to capture Jugurtha?
(a) Using Bomilcar.
(b) Offering him a Senate seat.
(c) Draw upon their previous friendship.
(d) Removing Metellus from office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius indicate the loss of life has impeded?
2. Which of the Roman senators is particularly wary of Jugurtha?
3. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
4. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
5. How does Caesar feel about Sulla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What attitude has Julilla adopted about Marius?
2. What does Gaius Caesar inform Sulla about Clitumna after her death?
3. What happens when Jugurtha finds out who has betrayed him?
4. What happened to Metellus and his troops in Africa?
5. Why is Bomilcar unhappy with Jugurtha?
6. What do Marius and Rufus do because of their frustrations with Metellus's mishandling of the war in Africa?
7. What happens when Marius goes to see Marth, the King's prophet?
8. Who had prepared Nicopolis's will and what were the terms of the will?
9. What has been happening to the Roman army lately and what has this caused?
10. Why was Silanus intentionally left behind while the others left for the mission in Africa?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)