|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gaius Julius Caesar concerned about his daughter giving birth?
(a) He is afraid the child does not belong to her husband.
(b) He believes her noble blood will cause complications.
(c) He suspects that Marius is treating her unfairly.
(d) He believes there is a plot against her.
2. What was Metellus implicated in?
(a) A plot to kill Jugurtha.
(b) Being inept as a commander.
(c) Treason of an Italian ally.
(d) Befriending the enemy.
3. Which group of characters became friends in the army?
(a) Marius, Jugurtha, Sullus.
(b) Marius, Jugurtha, Rufus.
(c) Rufus, Sullus, Metellus.
(d) Marius, Metellus, Sullus.
4. How is Clitumna killed?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She is stabbed.
(c) Her neck is broken.
(d) She commits suicide.
5. Which of the following is now an important senator?
6. Which of the Roman senators is particularly wary of Jugurtha?
7. Why does Metellus refuse Marius's request?
(a) He has plans to kill him.
(b) He does not want him to be a consul.
(c) He knows he will lose the war without him.
(d) He plans to have him lure Jugurtha to his death.
8. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
(a) They remember a previous invasion.
(b) They know the protection forces are not in Rome.
(c) They have heard that the Germans are relentless.
(d) They do not trust the new consul members.
9. How does Sulla ensure Hercules will not tell his part in the deception?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He throws him off of a cliff.
(c) He poisons him.
(d) He threatens him.
10. Who does Marius put in charge of raising the rest of the new soldiers when he leaves for Africa?
11. With whom is Gauda unhappy?
12. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
(a) They retreated to their homeland.
(b) They took over Rome.
(c) They pushed further south.
(d) They moved on to Spain.
13. Who threatens the city of Rome while many of the warriors are headed to Africa?
14. How much time passes between the election and Marius's meeting with the senators?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One hour.
(d) One month.
15. At which temple are the Romans gathered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lets Marius know of the news of what has been happening in Rome?
2. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
3. What type of family is Marius's?
4. What military campaign is the new counsel planning on beginning?
5. Why are many Romans gathered at the temple?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)