|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an informant tell the Romans will be the best way to capture Jugurtha?
(a) Using Bomilcar.
(b) Draw upon their previous friendship.
(c) Offering him a Senate seat.
(d) Removing Metellus from office.
2. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
(a) Being willing to do anything asked for money.
(b) Being in love with Clitumna.
(c) Being able to procure poisons that are undetectable.
(d) Being very strong and displaying violent behavior when drunk.
3. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
(a) They do not trust the new consul members.
(b) They have heard that the Germans are relentless.
(c) They remember a previous invasion.
(d) They know the protection forces are not in Rome.
4. How do Rufus and Marius feel about the way Metellus is handling the war?
(a) They are frustrated.
(b) They are surprised.
(c) They are disgusted.
(d) They are impressed.
5. How does Marius begin his speech to the senators?
(a) By telling them that he expects to learn a great deal from them both.
(b) By criticizing the way they have run the senate in the past.
(c) By recounting the losses of the army.
(d) By praising their efforts.
6. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
7. With whom is Gauda unhappy?
8. What happens to Clitumna after Nicopolis dies?
(a) She becomes closer to Julilia.
(b) She tells Gais Caesar that she thinks Nicopolis was murdered.
(c) She becomes very depressed.
(d) She falls in love with Sulla.
9. At which temple are the Romans gathered?
10. Who prepare Nicopolis's will?
(b) Gais Caesar.
11. On which holiday does this novel begin?
(d) New Year's Day.
12. Why does Marius decide to marry this new girl?
(a) To meet his own personal needs.
(b) To stop an assassination attempt.
(c) To be connected to an important family.
(d) To prevent a senate overthrow.
13. Which group of characters became friends in the army?
(a) Marius, Jugurtha, Rufus.
(b) Marius, Metellus, Sullus.
(c) Marius, Jugurtha, Sullus.
(d) Rufus, Sullus, Metellus.
14. How does Sulla fill his days?
(a) Taking care of his sick mother.
(b) Drinking and sex.
(c) Learning a trade.
(d) Governmental politics.
15. How are Marius and Gaius Julius Caesar related?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) They are not related.
(c) Father and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar want to think about Sulla's proposition that he marry Julilia?
2. What was Metellus implicated in?
3. What happened right after Metellus brought his troops home from Africa?
4. What does Marius claim he does not need with his new bill proposal?
5. What ambition has Sulla lost?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)