|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Jugurtha make Bomilcar the regent of the kingdom?
(a) Because he doesn't have royal blood.
(b) Because Bomilcar does not follow orders.
(c) Because Bomilcar betrayed him.
(d) Because he is too important as an advisor.
2. What is Marius's current position in the army?
(a) Troop commander.
(b) Leader of a legion.
(c) Aide to Metellus's young son.
(d) Spy searching for Jugurtha.
3. Who did the Senate decide to try for treason?
4. What does Marius claim he does not need with his new bill proposal?
(a) Majority approval.
(b) Senate approval.
(c) The plebeian approval.
5. Why are many Romans gathered at the temple?
(a) To make a sacrifice to the goddess.
(b) To determine the validity of ancestral claims.
(c) To elect a new leader for Rome.
(d) To watch the swearing in of new consuls.
6. What has to happen before Marius can marry?
(a) He must apologize to Metellus.
(b) He must prevent Jugurtha from taking reign.
(c) He must divorce his current wife.
(d) He must be elected to the senate.
7. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
(a) He dies.
(b) He seeks out a new advisor.
(c) He becomes paranoid and lonely.
(d) He turns to his former friends for support.
8. Why does Metellus refuse Marius's request?
(a) He has plans to kill him.
(b) He plans to have him lure Jugurtha to his death.
(c) He knows he will lose the war without him.
(d) He does not want him to be a consul.
9. What military campaign is the new counsel planning on beginning?
(a) To remove Jugurtha from the throne.
(b) To assassinate another senator.
(c) To trap their enemies outside of the city.
(d) To take over more lands.
10. What happens to Clitumna after Nicopolis dies?
(a) She becomes closer to Julilia.
(b) She becomes very depressed.
(c) She falls in love with Sulla.
(d) She tells Gais Caesar that she thinks Nicopolis was murdered.
11. How long before the election does Metellus release Marius?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 2 days.
12. Why is Gaius Julius Caesar concerned about his daughter giving birth?
(a) He believes her noble blood will cause complications.
(b) He suspects that Marius is treating her unfairly.
(c) He believes there is a plot against her.
(d) He is afraid the child does not belong to her husband.
13. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
(a) Being in love with Clitumna.
(b) Being very strong and displaying violent behavior when drunk.
(c) Being willing to do anything asked for money.
(d) Being able to procure poisons that are undetectable.
14. What does Jugurtha want his half-brother to find for him?
(a) A place to hide.
(b) A wife.
(c) A member of the senate who can be bribed.
(d) An assassin.
15. Why does Caesar want to think about Sulla's proposition that he marry Julilia?
(a) He is suspicious of all of the deaths around Sulla.
(b) He is surprised by this sudden development.
(c) He is upset with the deceit Julilia has maintained.
(d) He is unsure of Julilia's wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is now an important senator?
2. Who is Gauda?
3. What does Nicopolis find on her picnic with Sulla?
4. Which of the Roman senators is particularly wary of Jugurtha?
5. What does Marius do with those that surrendered when he took over the castle?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)