|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before the election does Metellus release Marius?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 2 days.
2. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
(a) Metellus lets this information slip out.
(b) Rufus warns him.
(c) He sends a message to Marius.
(d) He tortures a man.
3. Who does Marius decide he will marry?
4. On which holiday does this novel begin?
(c) New Year's Day.
5. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
(a) Being very strong and displaying violent behavior when drunk.
(b) Being in love with Clitumna.
(c) Being able to procure poisons that are undetectable.
(d) Being willing to do anything asked for money.
6. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He took them too far into German territory.
(b) He moved too fast.
(c) He did not have enough troops.
(d) He had not trained them properly.
7. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
8. How does Caesar feel about Sulla?
(a) He trusts him.
(b) He likes him.
(c) He feels Sulla is a fool.
(d) He is wary.
9. Why does Sulla leave Rome for a month?
(a) He is tired of fighting with his stepmother's nephew.
(b) He has been contracted to assassinate Jugurtha.
(c) He needs to offer citizenship to all Italians.
(d) He takes his stepmother away for a holiday.
10. Why does Caesar invite Marius over for dinner?
(a) To plot a campaign to over throw Jugurtha.
(b) To ask if he would marry one of his daughters.
(c) To talk about Senate work.
(d) To bribe him to allow him to become a senator.
11. What type of family is Marius's?
12. What has to happen before Marius can marry?
(a) He must be elected to the senate.
(b) He must prevent Jugurtha from taking reign.
(c) He must apologize to Metellus.
(d) He must divorce his current wife.
13. Which group of characters became friends in the army?
(a) Marius, Jugurtha, Rufus.
(b) Rufus, Sullus, Metellus.
(c) Marius, Metellus, Sullus.
(d) Marius, Jugurtha, Sullus.
14. What happened right after Metellus brought his troops home from Africa?
(a) They were ambushed and many lives were lost.
(b) They were sent to Germany.
(c) They were sent back to Africa.
(d) They needed to defend Rome from the Germans.
15. Why did Marius stay up all night the night before his inauguration day?
(a) To ensure there were no bad omens.
(b) To write out his inauguration speech.
(c) To draft a law he plans to pass without Senator's knowledge.
(d) To protect his family from troublemakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha say Marius will do seven times?
2. How are Marius and Gaius Julius Caesar related?
3. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
4. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
5. What does Marius plan to bypass to have Metellus deposed as leader of the army in Africa?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)