|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complications does Julia experience as she gives birth?
(a) She dies during childbirth.
(b) A great deal of bleeding.
(c) She becomes unconscious.
(d) The baby is born dead.
2. How is Clitumna killed?
(a) She is stabbed.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) Her neck is broken.
3. What does Metellus claim to get Rufus and Marius to join him on the expedition to remove Jugurtha?
(a) They can protect their friend, Jugurtha as part of a secret mission.
(b) They will be able to find great wealth.
(c) That he has forgotten the harassment they did to him in the past.
(d) He will be able to ensure a higher place for them on the consul.
4. Who is Gauda?
(a) The man who betrayed Jugurtha.
(b) Marius's sponsor for a senate seat.
(c) Jugurtha's regent.
(d) The man who claims to be the rightful king.
5. How are Marius and Gaius Julius Caesar related?
(a) Father and son.
(c) Uncle and nephew.
(d) They are not related.
6. What does Marius say is necessary if he plans to defeat Jugurtha?
(a) A new way to raise new armies.
(b) A new way to train soldiers.
(c) A new way to hold soldiers accountable.
(d) A new way to approve who can fight in the armies.
7. Why are many Romans gathered at the temple?
(a) To make a sacrifice to the goddess.
(b) To elect a new leader for Rome.
(c) To watch the swearing in of new consuls.
(d) To determine the validity of ancestral claims.
8. How much time has passed from the end of chapter one to the beginning of chapter two?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
9. What is another name for the pletariat?
(a) The Few.
(d) The Man.
10. At which temple are the Romans gathered?
11. How many legions of new soldiers does Marius hope to raise?
12. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
(a) Being willing to do anything asked for money.
(b) Being able to procure poisons that are undetectable.
(c) Being in love with Clitumna.
(d) Being very strong and displaying violent behavior when drunk.
13. How does Marius feel when he leaves the senators?
14. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
15. Which of the following was a reason that Silanus was left behind?
(a) He was the strongest consul member to protect the city.
(b) It was thought he would not survive the trip to Africa.
(c) It was thought he lacked the talent to be in battle.
(d) He was the oldest and wisest of the senators.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marius decide to marry this new girl?
2. What happens to the second child Marius and Julia have?
3. What does Marius do with those that surrendered when he took over the castle?
4. What happens to Clitumna after Nicopolis dies?
5. What has happened to Metellus's credibility in Rome?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)