|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Jugurtha make Bomilcar the regent of the kingdom?
(a) Because Bomilcar betrayed him.
(b) Because Bomilcar does not follow orders.
(c) Because he doesn't have royal blood.
(d) Because he is too important as an advisor.
2. How does Marius feel when he leaves the senators?
3. What request does Marius make of Metellus?
(a) To allow him to return to Rome.
(b) To resign as consul.
(c) To all Jugurtha to remain the king.
(d) To let him be in charge of the battle.
4. What is another name for the pletariat?
(a) The Man.
(c) The Few.
5. What type of family is Marius's?
6. Why did Marius stay up all night the night before his inauguration day?
(a) To protect his family from troublemakers.
(b) To draft a law he plans to pass without Senator's knowledge.
(c) To write out his inauguration speech.
(d) To ensure there were no bad omens.
7. What does Marius do as he travels throughout Africa?
(a) He promotes his letter writing campaign against Metellus.
(b) He plots to kill Metellus.
(c) He looks for Jugurtha.
(d) He searches for ways to help Gauda.
8. Where is Marius inducted into the consulship?
(a) Floor of the Roman Senate.
(b) Temple of Jupiter.
(c) In the center of Rome.
(d) Battlefield in Africa.
9. What does Marius claim he does not need with his new bill proposal?
(a) Majority approval.
(b) The plebeian approval.
(c) Senate approval.
10. What happens at the party between Sulla and Hercules?
(a) Sulla convinces him to seek out Clitumna and kill her.
(b) Sulla takes him aside and gets him drunk so that he destroys the party.
(c) Sulla attacks and kills Hercules.
(d) Sulla confronts him and Hercules drags him back to his home.
11. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
(a) They pushed further south.
(b) They took over Rome.
(c) They moved on to Spain.
(d) They retreated to their homeland.
12. After the two deaths, what has Sulla qualified for?
(a) A senate seat.
(b) A knighthood.
(c) A consul position.
(d) An army leadership position.
13. What was Caesar appointed?
(a) Army captain.
14. What has happened to Metellus's credibility in Rome?
(a) It has been undermined.
(b) It has been restored.
(c) It has been relieved.
(d) It has been exaggerated.
15. Why does Marius want to return to Rome?
(a) To further undermine Metellus.
(b) To help defend Rome against the Germans.
(c) To stand for election.
(d) To visit his son and wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Destroyer?
2. How much time has passed from the end of chapter one to the beginning of chapter two?
3. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
4. Who does Marius put in charge of raising the rest of the new soldiers when he leaves for Africa?
5. Why are many Romans gathered at the temple?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)