|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marius begin his speech to the senators?
(a) By praising their efforts.
(b) By criticizing the way they have run the senate in the past.
(c) By telling them that he expects to learn a great deal from them both.
(d) By recounting the losses of the army.
2. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
(a) They took over Rome.
(b) They pushed further south.
(c) They moved on to Spain.
(d) They retreated to their homeland.
3. What was the Destroyer?
4. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
5. What does an informant tell the Romans will be the best way to capture Jugurtha?
(a) Offering him a Senate seat.
(b) Removing Metellus from office.
(c) Draw upon their previous friendship.
(d) Using Bomilcar.
6. Who did the Senate decide to try for treason?
7. How much time has passed from the end of chapter one to the beginning of chapter two?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
8. What does Caesar want Marius to make sure Sulla is elected?
9. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He did not have enough troops.
(b) He took them too far into German territory.
(c) He had not trained them properly.
(d) He moved too fast.
10. How does Caesar feel about Sulla?
(a) He feels Sulla is a fool.
(b) He is wary.
(c) He likes him.
(d) He trusts him.
11. Which of the following is the best definition of the phrase "The First Man in Rome?"
(a) Greatest among equals in Roman society.
(b) The only man to be allowed within the temples.
(c) True leader of Roman society.
(d) The man who represents all of the main ideas which are followed in Rome.
12. What is another name for the pletariat?
(b) The Man.
(d) The Few.
13. How do the senators respond to Marius's speech?
(a) They argue with him vehemently.
(b) They ask him to clarify his plans.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They threaten to impeach him.
14. How much time passes between the election and Marius's meeting with the senators?
(a) One hour.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
15. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Clitumna after Nicopolis dies?
2. How long before the election does Metellus release Marius?
3. Which of the following is now an important senator?
4. Who is Gauda?
5. What was Metellus implicated in?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)