|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Clitumna after Nicopolis dies?
(a) She becomes closer to Julilia.
(b) She becomes very depressed.
(c) She tells Gais Caesar that she thinks Nicopolis was murdered.
(d) She falls in love with Sulla.
2. How does Marius feel when he leaves the senators?
3. Why does Caesar invite Marius over for dinner?
(a) To bribe him to allow him to become a senator.
(b) To ask if he would marry one of his daughters.
(c) To talk about Senate work.
(d) To plot a campaign to over throw Jugurtha.
4. How do Rufus and Marius feel about the way Metellus is handling the war?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are disgusted.
(c) They are frustrated.
(d) They are surprised.
5. What does Marius want to happen?
(a) He wants to hold a new election.
(b) He wants to marry a rich woman.
(c) He wants to be respected.
(d) He wants to become consul.
6. What does Nicopolis find on her picnic with Sulla?
(c) A fountain.
(d) Salad greens.
7. Which of the Roman senators is particularly wary of Jugurtha?
8. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
(a) He wants to buy some goods.
(b) He wants to witness the ceremony.
(c) He wants to buy votes.
(d) He wants to meet the new senators.
9. What ambition has Sulla lost?
(a) The ambition to be a distinguished member of Roman society.
(b) The ambition to help the poorer members of his family.
(c) The ambition to apologize for his ways.
(d) The desire to become a consul.
10. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
(a) They retreated to their homeland.
(b) They pushed further south.
(c) They moved on to Spain.
(d) They took over Rome.
11. Why do many of the senators automatically not like Marius?
(a) They do not accept the results of the election.
(b) They do not approve of his treatment of Metellus.
(c) They don't like a New Man being in this position.
(d) They do not trust his family.
12. Why did Marius stay up all night the night before his inauguration day?
(a) To ensure there were no bad omens.
(b) To protect his family from troublemakers.
(c) To write out his inauguration speech.
(d) To draft a law he plans to pass without Senator's knowledge.
13. What does Nicopolis die from?
(c) Kidney failure.
(d) Heart failure.
14. How do the senators respond to Marius's speech?
(a) They threaten to impeach him.
(b) They ask him to clarify his plans.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They argue with him vehemently.
15. How much time passes between the election and Marius's meeting with the senators?
(a) One hour.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of campaign does Marius get started?
2. How does Marius begin his speech to the senators?
3. Which of the following was a reason that Silanus was left behind?
4. How is Clitumna killed?
5. What is another name for the pletariat?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)