|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sulla leave Rome for a month?
(a) He is tired of fighting with his stepmother's nephew.
(b) He takes his stepmother away for a holiday.
(c) He has been contracted to assassinate Jugurtha.
(d) He needs to offer citizenship to all Italians.
2. On which holiday does this novel begin?
(a) New Year's Day.
3. How much time has passed from the end of chapter one to the beginning of chapter two?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One year.
4. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He moved too fast.
(b) He took them too far into German territory.
(c) He had not trained them properly.
(d) He did not have enough troops.
5. Why did Marius propose the bill into the plebeian?
(a) To ensure its success.
(b) To gain the senators approval.
(c) It is a mandatory step.
(d) It is the law-making house.
6. What was the Destroyer?
7. What happens to Clitumna after Nicopolis dies?
(a) She falls in love with Sulla.
(b) She becomes very depressed.
(c) She tells Gais Caesar that she thinks Nicopolis was murdered.
(d) She becomes closer to Julilia.
8. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
(a) They know the protection forces are not in Rome.
(b) They remember a previous invasion.
(c) They do not trust the new consul members.
(d) They have heard that the Germans are relentless.
9. What does Nicopolis die from?
(a) Kidney failure.
(b) Heart failure.
10. Why won't Jugurtha make Bomilcar the regent of the kingdom?
(a) Because Bomilcar betrayed him.
(b) Because he doesn't have royal blood.
(c) Because he is too important as an advisor.
(d) Because Bomilcar does not follow orders.
11. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
(a) He seeks out a new advisor.
(b) He dies.
(c) He turns to his former friends for support.
(d) He becomes paranoid and lonely.
12. How does Marius begin his speech to the senators?
(a) By criticizing the way they have run the senate in the past.
(b) By telling them that he expects to learn a great deal from them both.
(c) By praising their efforts.
(d) By recounting the losses of the army.
13. What type of family is Marius's?
14. At which temple are the Romans gathered?
15. Why does Caesar want to think about Sulla's proposition that he marry Julilia?
(a) He is suspicious of all of the deaths around Sulla.
(b) He is unsure of Julilia's wishes.
(c) He is surprised by this sudden development.
(d) He is upset with the deceit Julilia has maintained.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
2. What happens to the second child Marius and Julia have?
3. What happens at the party between Sulla and Hercules?
4. What does an informant tell the Romans will be the best way to capture Jugurtha?
5. Why does Marius decide to marry this new girl?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)