|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills Stichus?
(a) He is hung as a traitor.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He died of natural causes.
2. Who does Marius put in charge of raising the rest of the new soldiers when he leaves for Africa?
3. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He did not have enough troops.
(b) He had not trained them properly.
(c) He moved too fast.
(d) He took them too far into German territory.
4. Why does Caesar want to think about Sulla's proposition that he marry Julilia?
(a) He is suspicious of all of the deaths around Sulla.
(b) He is surprised by this sudden development.
(c) He is unsure of Julilia's wishes.
(d) He is upset with the deceit Julilia has maintained.
5. What does Nicopolis find on her picnic with Sulla?
(a) A fountain.
(b) Salad greens.
6. What kind of campaign does Marius get started?
(d) Letter writing.
7. What does Jugurtha want his half-brother to find for him?
(a) A wife.
(b) A member of the senate who can be bribed.
(c) A place to hide.
(d) An assassin.
8. What does Martha say Marius will do seven times?
(a) Have children.
(b) Leader of the troops.
(d) First Man in Rome and Consul.
9. Why does Marius decide to marry this new girl?
(a) To stop an assassination attempt.
(b) To meet his own personal needs.
(c) To prevent a senate overthrow.
(d) To be connected to an important family.
10. What would the pletariat be able to get for enlisting?
11. Where is Marius as chapter three opens?
12. Who threatens the city of Rome while many of the warriors are headed to Africa?
13. Why does Marius want to return to Rome?
(a) To stand for election.
(b) To visit his son and wife.
(c) To further undermine Metellus.
(d) To help defend Rome against the Germans.
14. With whom is Gauda unhappy?
15. Where do Metellus, Rufus and Marius travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
2. How does Marius feel when he leaves the senators?
3. What has happened to Metellus's credibility in Rome?
4. How is Clitumna killed?
5. What ambition has Sulla lost?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)