|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Clitumna after Nicopolis dies?
(a) She becomes closer to Julilia.
(b) She tells Gais Caesar that she thinks Nicopolis was murdered.
(c) She falls in love with Sulla.
(d) She becomes very depressed.
2. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
(a) Being in love with Clitumna.
(b) Being able to procure poisons that are undetectable.
(c) Being willing to do anything asked for money.
(d) Being very strong and displaying violent behavior when drunk.
3. What was Caesar appointed?
(b) Army captain.
4. Why does Marius want to return to Rome?
(a) To help defend Rome against the Germans.
(b) To stand for election.
(c) To further undermine Metellus.
(d) To visit his son and wife.
5. What does Metellus claim to get Rufus and Marius to join him on the expedition to remove Jugurtha?
(a) That he has forgotten the harassment they did to him in the past.
(b) They can protect their friend, Jugurtha as part of a secret mission.
(c) He will be able to ensure a higher place for them on the consul.
(d) They will be able to find great wealth.
6. What has to happen before Marius can marry?
(a) He must be elected to the senate.
(b) He must apologize to Metellus.
(c) He must prevent Jugurtha from taking reign.
(d) He must divorce his current wife.
7. What ambition has Sulla lost?
(a) The desire to become a consul.
(b) The ambition to be a distinguished member of Roman society.
(c) The ambition to apologize for his ways.
(d) The ambition to help the poorer members of his family.
8. How does Marius feel when he leaves the senators?
9. What type of family is Marius's?
10. Which of the following is the best definition of the phrase "The First Man in Rome?"
(a) Greatest among equals in Roman society.
(b) The man who represents all of the main ideas which are followed in Rome.
(c) The only man to be allowed within the temples.
(d) True leader of Roman society.
11. Where is Marius inducted into the consulship?
(a) In the center of Rome.
(b) Floor of the Roman Senate.
(c) Battlefield in Africa.
(d) Temple of Jupiter.
12. What does Sulla tell Clitumna to do in eight days?
(a) Invite Atlas to a party.
(b) Sneak away and wait for him in the woods.
(c) Watch Julilia carefully and ensure she eats.
(d) Meet him in Africa.
13. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
14. Why do many of the senators automatically not like Marius?
(a) They do not approve of his treatment of Metellus.
(b) They do not accept the results of the election.
(c) They don't like a New Man being in this position.
(d) They do not trust his family.
15. Why was Julilia starving herself?
(a) To protest the war.
(b) To protect herself from being poisoned.
(c) To get Sulla to admit his love for her.
(d) To gain her father's affection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Roman senators is particularly wary of Jugurtha?
2. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
3. What does Nicopolis die from?
4. How are Marius and Gaius Julius Caesar related?
5. What does an informant tell the Romans will be the best way to capture Jugurtha?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)