|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the phrase "The First Man in Rome?"
(a) True leader of Roman society.
(b) The man who represents all of the main ideas which are followed in Rome.
(c) The only man to be allowed within the temples.
(d) Greatest among equals in Roman society.
2. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
(a) He dies.
(b) He seeks out a new advisor.
(c) He becomes paranoid and lonely.
(d) He turns to his former friends for support.
3. Who did the Senate decide to try for treason?
4. What does Nicopolis die from?
(a) Heart failure.
(c) Kidney failure.
5. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
6. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
7. How doe the senators feel about the bill Marius has proposed?
8. Which of the following is now an important senator?
9. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
(a) Being very strong and displaying violent behavior when drunk.
(b) Being willing to do anything asked for money.
(c) Being in love with Clitumna.
(d) Being able to procure poisons that are undetectable.
10. What is Marius's current position in the army?
(a) Leader of a legion.
(b) Aide to Metellus's young son.
(c) Troop commander.
(d) Spy searching for Jugurtha.
11. What has happened to Metellus's credibility in Rome?
(a) It has been undermined.
(b) It has been restored.
(c) It has been exaggerated.
(d) It has been relieved.
12. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
13. Which group of characters became friends in the army?
(a) Marius, Jugurtha, Sullus.
(b) Marius, Metellus, Sullus.
(c) Marius, Jugurtha, Rufus.
(d) Rufus, Sullus, Metellus.
14. What happened right after Metellus brought his troops home from Africa?
(a) They needed to defend Rome from the Germans.
(b) They were sent back to Africa.
(c) They were ambushed and many lives were lost.
(d) They were sent to Germany.
15. Who does Marius decide he will marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius do as he travels throughout Africa?
2. What kills Stichus?
3. After the two deaths, what has Sulla qualified for?
4. Why was Julilia starving herself?
5. Why does Caesar want to think about Sulla's proposition that he marry Julilia?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)