|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of characters became friends in the army?
(a) Marius, Metellus, Sullus.
(b) Marius, Jugurtha, Rufus.
(c) Marius, Jugurtha, Sullus.
(d) Rufus, Sullus, Metellus.
2. What request does Marius make of Metellus?
(a) To all Jugurtha to remain the king.
(b) To resign as consul.
(c) To allow him to return to Rome.
(d) To let him be in charge of the battle.
3. At which temple are the Romans gathered?
4. How do the senators respond to Marius's speech?
(a) They argue with him vehemently.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They ask him to clarify his plans.
(d) They threaten to impeach him.
5. In what year does this novel begin?
(a) 150 A.D.
(b) 110 B.C.
(c) 500 B.C.
(d) 212 A.D.
6. What does Metellus claim to get Rufus and Marius to join him on the expedition to remove Jugurtha?
(a) They will be able to find great wealth.
(b) They can protect their friend, Jugurtha as part of a secret mission.
(c) He will be able to ensure a higher place for them on the consul.
(d) That he has forgotten the harassment they did to him in the past.
7. How does Marius begin his speech to the senators?
(a) By recounting the losses of the army.
(b) By telling them that he expects to learn a great deal from them both.
(c) By criticizing the way they have run the senate in the past.
(d) By praising their efforts.
8. Who prepare Nicopolis's will?
(a) Gais Caesar.
9. What does Marius hope his campaign will do?
(a) Get him elected.
(b) Expose Metellus's incompetence.
(c) End the war in Africa.
(d) Save his wife and son.
10. How does Sulla ensure Hercules will not tell his part in the deception?
(a) He poisons him.
(b) He threatens him.
(c) He throws him off of a cliff.
(d) He stabs him.
11. Why did Marius propose the bill into the plebeian?
(a) It is the law-making house.
(b) To gain the senators approval.
(c) It is a mandatory step.
(d) To ensure its success.
12. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
13. What ambition has Sulla lost?
(a) The desire to become a consul.
(b) The ambition to help the poorer members of his family.
(c) The ambition to be a distinguished member of Roman society.
(d) The ambition to apologize for his ways.
14. Why does Caesar invite Marius over for dinner?
(a) To ask if he would marry one of his daughters.
(b) To bribe him to allow him to become a senator.
(c) To plot a campaign to over throw Jugurtha.
(d) To talk about Senate work.
15. How is Clitumna killed?
(a) Her neck is broken.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She is stabbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jugurtha want his half-brother to find for him?
2. Why did Marius stay up all night the night before his inauguration day?
3. What has happened to Metellus's credibility in Rome?
4. What type of family is Marius's?
5. What does an informant tell the Romans will be the best way to capture Jugurtha?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)