|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed from the end of chapter one to the beginning of chapter two?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
2. Who does Marius decide he will marry?
3. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
(a) He tortures a man.
(b) Metellus lets this information slip out.
(c) He sends a message to Marius.
(d) Rufus warns him.
4. Who prepare Nicopolis's will?
(d) Gais Caesar.
5. Where do Metellus, Rufus and Marius travel?
6. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
(a) They have heard that the Germans are relentless.
(b) They remember a previous invasion.
(c) They do not trust the new consul members.
(d) They know the protection forces are not in Rome.
7. Which of the Roman senators is particularly wary of Jugurtha?
8. What does Sulla tell Clitumna to do in eight days?
(a) Invite Atlas to a party.
(b) Watch Julilia carefully and ensure she eats.
(c) Meet him in Africa.
(d) Sneak away and wait for him in the woods.
9. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He took them too far into German territory.
(b) He did not have enough troops.
(c) He moved too fast.
(d) He had not trained them properly.
10. What is another name for the pletariat?
(b) The Man.
(c) The Few.
11. What was Caesar appointed?
(c) Army captain.
12. What request does Marius make of Metellus?
(a) To all Jugurtha to remain the king.
(b) To let him be in charge of the battle.
(c) To resign as consul.
(d) To allow him to return to Rome.
13. In what year does this novel begin?
(a) 150 A.D.
(b) 500 B.C.
(c) 110 B.C.
(d) 212 A.D.
14. Why does Metellus refuse Marius's request?
(a) He has plans to kill him.
(b) He does not want him to be a consul.
(c) He knows he will lose the war without him.
(d) He plans to have him lure Jugurtha to his death.
15. What does Nicopolis die from?
(a) Heart failure.
(c) Kidney failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has to happen before Marius can marry?
2. How doe the senators feel about the bill Marius has proposed?
3. Who does Marius put in charge of raising the rest of the new soldiers when he leaves for Africa?
4. How does Marius begin his speech to the senators?
5. How does Sulla ensure Hercules will not tell his part in the deception?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)