|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many of the senators automatically not like Marius?
(a) They do not approve of his treatment of Metellus.
(b) They do not accept the results of the election.
(c) They do not trust his family.
(d) They don't like a New Man being in this position.
2. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
(a) He seeks out a new advisor.
(b) He turns to his former friends for support.
(c) He dies.
(d) He becomes paranoid and lonely.
3. How many legions of new soldiers does Marius raise before he leaves for Africa?
4. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
5. How do Rufus and Marius feel about the way Metellus is handling the war?
(a) They are frustrated.
(b) They are disgusted.
(c) They are impressed.
(d) They are surprised.
6. What does Marius plan to bypass to have Metellus deposed as leader of the army in Africa?
7. Which of the following was a reason that Silanus was left behind?
(a) It was thought he would not survive the trip to Africa.
(b) It was thought he lacked the talent to be in battle.
(c) He was the oldest and wisest of the senators.
(d) He was the strongest consul member to protect the city.
8. How doe the senators feel about the bill Marius has proposed?
9. Why does Caesar want to think about Sulla's proposition that he marry Julilia?
(a) He is surprised by this sudden development.
(b) He is upset with the deceit Julilia has maintained.
(c) He is suspicious of all of the deaths around Sulla.
(d) He is unsure of Julilia's wishes.
10. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
(a) He wants to meet the new senators.
(b) He wants to buy votes.
(c) He wants to buy some goods.
(d) He wants to witness the ceremony.
11. Who did the Senate decide to try for treason?
12. Where is Marius inducted into the consulship?
(a) Temple of Jupiter.
(b) Battlefield in Africa.
(c) In the center of Rome.
(d) Floor of the Roman Senate.
13. Why does Marius decide to marry this new girl?
(a) To stop an assassination attempt.
(b) To prevent a senate overthrow.
(c) To be connected to an important family.
(d) To meet his own personal needs.
14. What military campaign is the new counsel planning on beginning?
(a) To trap their enemies outside of the city.
(b) To assassinate another senator.
(c) To remove Jugurtha from the throne.
(d) To take over more lands.
15. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
(a) He sends a message to Marius.
(b) Rufus warns him.
(c) Metellus lets this information slip out.
(d) He tortures a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius want to happen?
2. What request does Marius make of Metellus?
3. Why did Marius propose the bill into the plebeian?
4. Why does Caesar invite Marius over for dinner?
5. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)