|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gauda?
(a) Marius's sponsor for a senate seat.
(b) Jugurtha's regent.
(c) The man who claims to be the rightful king.
(d) The man who betrayed Jugurtha.
2. What does Sulla tell Clitumna to do in eight days?
(a) Sneak away and wait for him in the woods.
(b) Invite Atlas to a party.
(c) Watch Julilia carefully and ensure she eats.
(d) Meet him in Africa.
3. What does Caesar want Marius to make sure Sulla is elected?
4. Where do Metellus, Rufus and Marius travel?
5. Why does Metellus refuse Marius's request?
(a) He has plans to kill him.
(b) He knows he will lose the war without him.
(c) He does not want him to be a consul.
(d) He plans to have him lure Jugurtha to his death.
6. Which of the following is now an important senator?
7. How much time has passed from the end of chapter one to the beginning of chapter two?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
8. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
(a) He wants to buy some goods.
(b) He wants to witness the ceremony.
(c) He wants to buy votes.
(d) He wants to meet the new senators.
9. What does Nicopolis find on her picnic with Sulla?
(a) A fountain.
(b) Salad greens.
10. What does an informant tell the Romans will be the best way to capture Jugurtha?
(a) Offering him a Senate seat.
(b) Draw upon their previous friendship.
(c) Removing Metellus from office.
(d) Using Bomilcar.
11. What happens to Clitumna after Nicopolis dies?
(a) She becomes very depressed.
(b) She becomes closer to Julilia.
(c) She falls in love with Sulla.
(d) She tells Gais Caesar that she thinks Nicopolis was murdered.
12. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
(a) They moved on to Spain.
(b) They took over Rome.
(c) They pushed further south.
(d) They retreated to their homeland.
13. What has to happen before Marius can marry?
(a) He must be elected to the senate.
(b) He must divorce his current wife.
(c) He must apologize to Metellus.
(d) He must prevent Jugurtha from taking reign.
14. What does Marius want to happen?
(a) He wants to marry a rich woman.
(b) He wants to become consul.
(c) He wants to be respected.
(d) He wants to hold a new election.
15. What ambition has Sulla lost?
(a) The ambition to apologize for his ways.
(b) The ambition to be a distinguished member of Roman society.
(c) The ambition to help the poorer members of his family.
(d) The desire to become a consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius do with those that surrendered when he took over the castle?
2. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
3. How many legions of new soldiers does Marius raise before he leaves for Africa?
4. Which of the following characters did the three army friends insult?
5. How are Marius and Gaius Julius Caesar related?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)