|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is now an important senator?
2. How does Sulla fill his days?
(a) Governmental politics.
(b) Learning a trade.
(c) Drinking and sex.
(d) Taking care of his sick mother.
3. Who did the Senate decide to try for treason?
4. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
(a) He wants to witness the ceremony.
(b) He wants to buy some goods.
(c) He wants to buy votes.
(d) He wants to meet the new senators.
5. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
6. What type of family is Marius's?
7. Why did Marius propose the bill into the plebeian?
(a) To ensure its success.
(b) It is the law-making house.
(c) It is a mandatory step.
(d) To gain the senators approval.
8. What does Martha say Marius will do seven times?
(a) First Man in Rome and Consul.
(b) Have children.
(d) Leader of the troops.
9. What does Marius plan to bypass to have Metellus deposed as leader of the army in Africa?
10. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
(a) They moved on to Spain.
(b) They pushed further south.
(c) They retreated to their homeland.
(d) They took over Rome.
11. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He had not trained them properly.
(b) He did not have enough troops.
(c) He took them too far into German territory.
(d) He moved too fast.
12. What ambition has Sulla lost?
(a) The ambition to help the poorer members of his family.
(b) The ambition to be a distinguished member of Roman society.
(c) The desire to become a consul.
(d) The ambition to apologize for his ways.
13. Which of the following characters did the three army friends insult?
14. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
(a) Being very strong and displaying violent behavior when drunk.
(b) Being in love with Clitumna.
(c) Being able to procure poisons that are undetectable.
(d) Being willing to do anything asked for money.
15. What happened right after Metellus brought his troops home from Africa?
(a) They needed to defend Rome from the Germans.
(b) They were ambushed and many lives were lost.
(c) They were sent back to Africa.
(d) They were sent to Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many legions of new soldiers does Marius hope to raise?
2. How doe the senators feel about the bill Marius has proposed?
3. What would the pletariat be able to get for enlisting?
4. What does Sulla tell Clitumna to do in eight days?
5. Who does Marius put in charge of raising the rest of the new soldiers when he leaves for Africa?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)