|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the pletariat be able to get for enlisting?
2. What does Martha say Marius will do seven times?
(a) Leader of the troops.
(c) First Man in Rome and Consul.
(d) Have children.
3. What happens at the party between Sulla and Hercules?
(a) Sulla convinces him to seek out Clitumna and kill her.
(b) Sulla attacks and kills Hercules.
(c) Sulla takes him aside and gets him drunk so that he destroys the party.
(d) Sulla confronts him and Hercules drags him back to his home.
4. What kind of campaign does Marius get started?
(d) Letter writing.
5. How is Clitumna killed?
(a) She is stabbed.
(b) Her neck is broken.
(c) She is poisoned.
(d) She commits suicide.
6. After the two deaths, what has Sulla qualified for?
(a) A consul position.
(b) An army leadership position.
(c) A knighthood.
(d) A senate seat.
7. Why does Caesar want to think about Sulla's proposition that he marry Julilia?
(a) He is upset with the deceit Julilia has maintained.
(b) He is surprised by this sudden development.
(c) He is unsure of Julilia's wishes.
(d) He is suspicious of all of the deaths around Sulla.
8. Who is Gauda?
(a) Marius's sponsor for a senate seat.
(b) Jugurtha's regent.
(c) The man who claims to be the rightful king.
(d) The man who betrayed Jugurtha.
9. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
(a) He wants to meet the new senators.
(b) He wants to witness the ceremony.
(c) He wants to buy votes.
(d) He wants to buy some goods.
10. What type of family is Marius's?
11. Which of the following is now an important senator?
12. What does Sulla tell Clitumna to do in eight days?
(a) Watch Julilia carefully and ensure she eats.
(b) Invite Atlas to a party.
(c) Meet him in Africa.
(d) Sneak away and wait for him in the woods.
13. Who lets Marius know of the news of what has been happening in Rome?
14. How does Caesar feel about Sulla?
(a) He is wary.
(b) He likes him.
(c) He feels Sulla is a fool.
(d) He trusts him.
15. What does Metellus claim to get Rufus and Marius to join him on the expedition to remove Jugurtha?
(a) They will be able to find great wealth.
(b) That he has forgotten the harassment they did to him in the past.
(c) They can protect their friend, Jugurtha as part of a secret mission.
(d) He will be able to ensure a higher place for them on the consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before the election does Metellus release Marius?
2. Who did the Senate decide to try for treason?
3. What has happened to Metellus's credibility in Rome?
4. Why did Marius propose the bill into the plebeian?
5. On which holiday does this novel begin?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)