|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marius decide he will marry?
2. What does Sulla tell Clitumna to do in eight days?
(a) Watch Julilia carefully and ensure she eats.
(b) Sneak away and wait for him in the woods.
(c) Meet him in Africa.
(d) Invite Atlas to a party.
3. How does Sulla ensure Hercules will not tell his part in the deception?
(a) He threatens him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He poisons him.
(d) He throws him off of a cliff.
4. What status might have affected Marius's ability to be elected consul?
(a) New man.
(b) Open man.
(c) One man.
(d) Defined man.
5. Why was Julilia starving herself?
(a) To protect herself from being poisoned.
(b) To get Sulla to admit his love for her.
(c) To gain her father's affection.
(d) To protest the war.
6. Why does Metellus refuse Marius's request?
(a) He does not want him to be a consul.
(b) He has plans to kill him.
(c) He plans to have him lure Jugurtha to his death.
(d) He knows he will lose the war without him.
7. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
(a) He sends a message to Marius.
(b) Metellus lets this information slip out.
(c) He tortures a man.
(d) Rufus warns him.
8. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
9. On which holiday does this novel begin?
(c) New Year's Day.
10. Which of the following was a reason that Silanus was left behind?
(a) It was thought he lacked the talent to be in battle.
(b) He was the strongest consul member to protect the city.
(c) It was thought he would not survive the trip to Africa.
(d) He was the oldest and wisest of the senators.
11. What is Marius's current position in the army?
(a) Troop commander.
(b) Leader of a legion.
(c) Aide to Metellus's young son.
(d) Spy searching for Jugurtha.
12. How does Marius begin his speech to the senators?
(a) By telling them that he expects to learn a great deal from them both.
(b) By recounting the losses of the army.
(c) By praising their efforts.
(d) By criticizing the way they have run the senate in the past.
13. What was Hercules Atlas know for?
(a) Being in love with Clitumna.
(b) Being willing to do anything asked for money.
(c) Being able to procure poisons that are undetectable.
(d) Being very strong and displaying violent behavior when drunk.
14. How is Clitumna killed?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She is stabbed.
(d) Her neck is broken.
15. What does Metellus claim to get Rufus and Marius to join him on the expedition to remove Jugurtha?
(a) He will be able to ensure a higher place for them on the consul.
(b) They can protect their friend, Jugurtha as part of a secret mission.
(c) They will be able to find great wealth.
(d) That he has forgotten the harassment they did to him in the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complications does Julia experience as she gives birth?
2. Which of the following characters did the three army friends insult?
3. What was the Destroyer?
4. What would the pletariat be able to get for enlisting?
5. Who is Gauda?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)