Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
(a) He wants to buy votes.
(b) He wants to meet the new senators.
(c) He wants to witness the ceremony.
(d) He wants to buy some goods.
2. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
3. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
(a) They have heard that the Germans are relentless.
(b) They do not trust the new consul members.
(c) They know the protection forces are not in Rome.
(d) They remember a previous invasion.
4. How does Sulla fill his days?
(a) Governmental politics.
(b) Taking care of his sick mother.
(c) Drinking and sex.
(d) Learning a trade.
5. What happens to Jugurtha after he has the traitor killed?
(a) He turns to his former friends for support.
(b) He dies.
(c) He seeks out a new advisor.
(d) He becomes paranoid and lonely.
6. How is Clitumna killed?
(a) She is stabbed.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) Her neck is broken.
7. Where is Marius inducted into the consulship?
(a) Temple of Jupiter.
(b) Floor of the Roman Senate.
(c) In the center of Rome.
(d) Battlefield in Africa.
8. What type of family is Marius's?
9. Who does Marius put in charge of raising the rest of the new soldiers when he leaves for Africa?
10. What was Metellus implicated in?
(a) Being inept as a commander.
(b) Treason of an Italian ally.
(c) A plot to kill Jugurtha.
(d) Befriending the enemy.
11. What ambition has Sulla lost?
(a) The ambition to help the poorer members of his family.
(b) The ambition to apologize for his ways.
(c) The desire to become a consul.
(d) The ambition to be a distinguished member of Roman society.
12. What does Sulla tell Clitumna to do in eight days?
(a) Watch Julilia carefully and ensure she eats.
(b) Meet him in Africa.
(c) Invite Atlas to a party.
(d) Sneak away and wait for him in the woods.
13. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
(a) He had not trained them properly.
(b) He moved too fast.
(c) He took them too far into German territory.
(d) He did not have enough troops.
14. Which of the Roman senators is particularly wary of Jugurtha?
15. What does an informant tell the Romans will be the best way to capture Jugurtha?
(a) Removing Metellus from office.
(b) Using Bomilcar.
(c) Offering him a Senate seat.
(d) Draw upon their previous friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prepare Nicopolis's will?
2. Why are many Romans gathered at the temple?
3. Which of the following characters did the three army friends insult?
4. What does Marius want to happen?
5. Where do Metellus, Rufus and Marius travel?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)