|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How doe the senators feel about the bill Marius has proposed?
2. In what year does this novel begin?
(a) 500 B.C.
(b) 110 B.C.
(c) 150 A.D.
(d) 212 A.D.
3. Who threatens the city of Rome while many of the warriors are headed to Africa?
4. Who does Marius put in charge of raising the rest of the new soldiers when he leaves for Africa?
5. How many legions of new soldiers does Marius hope to raise?
6. What does Marius claim he does not need with his new bill proposal?
(a) Senate approval.
(b) The plebeian approval.
(d) Majority approval.
7. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
8. What status might have affected Marius's ability to be elected consul?
(a) One man.
(b) Open man.
(c) Defined man.
(d) New man.
9. What was Metellus implicated in?
(a) A plot to kill Jugurtha.
(b) Being inept as a commander.
(c) Treason of an Italian ally.
(d) Befriending the enemy.
10. How does Sulla fill his days?
(a) Taking care of his sick mother.
(b) Drinking and sex.
(c) Learning a trade.
(d) Governmental politics.
11. On which holiday does this novel begin?
(c) New Year's Day.
12. What is another name for the pletariat?
(c) The Few.
(d) The Man.
13. What does Marius do with those that surrendered when he took over the castle?
(a) He has them killed.
(b) He gives them amnesty.
(c) He tortures them for their secrets.
(d) He drafts them into his army.
14. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
15. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of campaign does Marius get started?
2. Why does Sulla leave Rome for a month?
3. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
4. Why does Caesar want to think about Sulla's proposition that he marry Julilia?
5. Which group of characters became friends in the army?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)