|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Jugurtha make Bomilcar the regent of the kingdom?
(a) Because Bomilcar betrayed him.
(b) Because Bomilcar does not follow orders.
(c) Because he doesn't have royal blood.
(d) Because he is too important as an advisor.
2. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
3. What happened right after Metellus brought his troops home from Africa?
(a) They were sent to Germany.
(b) They needed to defend Rome from the Germans.
(c) They were sent back to Africa.
(d) They were ambushed and many lives were lost.
4. Where is Marius inducted into the consulship?
(a) In the center of Rome.
(b) Battlefield in Africa.
(c) Temple of Jupiter.
(d) Floor of the Roman Senate.
5. What is another name for the pletariat?
(b) The Few.
(c) The Man.
6. What does Sulla tell Clitumna to do in eight days?
(a) Sneak away and wait for him in the woods.
(b) Meet him in Africa.
(c) Invite Atlas to a party.
(d) Watch Julilia carefully and ensure she eats.
7. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
8. What happens to the second child Marius and Julia have?
(a) He is stolen.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He goes to live with his aunt.
(d) He dies shortly after birth.
9. Why did Marius propose the bill into the plebeian?
(a) It is a mandatory step.
(b) To ensure its success.
(c) To gain the senators approval.
(d) It is the law-making house.
10. Why do so many senators show up at the meeting Marius calls?
(a) They want to undermine his authority.
(b) They want to welcome him.
(c) They want to remove him from power.
(d) They want to keep an eye on him.
11. What does Marius do as he travels throughout Africa?
(a) He looks for Jugurtha.
(b) He searches for ways to help Gauda.
(c) He promotes his letter writing campaign against Metellus.
(d) He plots to kill Metellus.
12. How is Clitumna killed?
(a) Her neck is broken.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She is poisoned.
(d) She is stabbed.
13. What does Marius want to happen?
(a) He wants to become consul.
(b) He wants to hold a new election.
(c) He wants to marry a rich woman.
(d) He wants to be respected.
14. How does Sulla fill his days?
(a) Governmental politics.
(b) Drinking and sex.
(c) Taking care of his sick mother.
(d) Learning a trade.
15. Why does Caesar want to think about Sulla's proposition that he marry Julilia?
(a) He is upset with the deceit Julilia has maintained.
(b) He is surprised by this sudden development.
(c) He is unsure of Julilia's wishes.
(d) He is suspicious of all of the deaths around Sulla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens the city of Rome while many of the warriors are headed to Africa?
2. What does Metellus claim to get Rufus and Marius to join him on the expedition to remove Jugurtha?
3. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
4. How does Caesar feel about Sulla?
5. Why were Cassius's troops defeated?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)