|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
(a) He tortures a man.
(b) He sends a message to Marius.
(c) Rufus warns him.
(d) Metellus lets this information slip out.
2. What has happened to Metellus's credibility in Rome?
(a) It has been exaggerated.
(b) It has been undermined.
(c) It has been relieved.
(d) It has been restored.
3. What complications does Julia experience as she gives birth?
(a) She becomes unconscious.
(b) The baby is born dead.
(c) She dies during childbirth.
(d) A great deal of bleeding.
4. Who lets Marius know of the news of what has been happening in Rome?
5. After the two deaths, what has Sulla qualified for?
(a) An army leadership position.
(b) A senate seat.
(c) A consul position.
(d) A knighthood.
6. What kind of campaign does Marius get started?
(b) Letter writing.
7. What happens at the party between Sulla and Hercules?
(a) Sulla attacks and kills Hercules.
(b) Sulla convinces him to seek out Clitumna and kill her.
(c) Sulla confronts him and Hercules drags him back to his home.
(d) Sulla takes him aside and gets him drunk so that he destroys the party.
8. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
9. How many legions of new soldiers does Marius hope to raise?
10. What ambition has Sulla lost?
(a) The desire to become a consul.
(b) The ambition to help the poorer members of his family.
(c) The ambition to apologize for his ways.
(d) The ambition to be a distinguished member of Roman society.
11. How does Marius begin his speech to the senators?
(a) By criticizing the way they have run the senate in the past.
(b) By recounting the losses of the army.
(c) By praising their efforts.
(d) By telling them that he expects to learn a great deal from them both.
12. Which group of characters became friends in the army?
(a) Rufus, Sullus, Metellus.
(b) Marius, Jugurtha, Rufus.
(c) Marius, Jugurtha, Sullus.
(d) Marius, Metellus, Sullus.
13. What does Marius say is necessary if he plans to defeat Jugurtha?
(a) A new way to train soldiers.
(b) A new way to approve who can fight in the armies.
(c) A new way to hold soldiers accountable.
(d) A new way to raise new armies.
14. How many legions of new soldiers does Marius raise before he leaves for Africa?
15. Where is Marius as chapter three opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. At which temple are the Romans gathered?
2. How doe the senators feel about the bill Marius has proposed?
3. What does Marius plan to bypass to have Metellus deposed as leader of the army in Africa?
4. Who did the Senate decide to try for treason?
5. What happens to the second child Marius and Julia have?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)