|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) It is where her mother lives.
(b) They need to start their own life.
(c) They want to stay close to her brother.
(d) They cannot afford a home of their own.
2. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
(a) One to make terms for Tribune's longer.
(b) One to make Saturninus a senator.
(c) One to uphold the law regardless of what it is.
(d) One to make elections further apart.
3. What does Marius seem to seek out?
(a) Warmth and a place in higher society.
(b) Support and acceptance.
(c) Fame and distinction.
(d) Money and treasure.
4. Why does Marius send out raiding parties to neighboring cities to rape and pillage them?
(a) To attempt to engage an ally of Jugurtha in the war.
(b) To protect his men from outside attacks.
(c) To attempt to track Jugurtha's movements.
(d) To show the people that they mean business.
5. Why does Marius have his men repair roads and bridges when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) To plant traps that will hold up the German soldiers.
(b) To get a better idea of the lay out of the land.
(c) To show the people of Gaul that they can trust him.
(d) To aid in the movement of his troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
2. What information does Marius share with the crowd that makes everyone happy?
3. When Marius returns to Rome, what doe she immediately want to focus on?
4. What is Mallius charged with?
5. How many times has Marius been elected consul?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)