|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do so many senators show up at the meeting Marius calls?
(a) They want to undermine his authority.
(b) They want to remove him from power.
(c) They want to keep an eye on him.
(d) They want to welcome him.
2. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) They want to stay close to her brother.
(b) They cannot afford a home of their own.
(c) They need to start their own life.
(d) It is where her mother lives.
3. How does King Bocchus respond to giving Sulla Jugurtha?
(a) He takes Sulla hostage and gives him to Jugurtha.
(b) He claims that he does not know where Jugurtha is hiding.
(c) He says that he will not sell out his friends.
(d) He is not happy and does not want to.
4. Who prepare Nicopolis's will?
(a) Gais Caesar.
5. What does Metellus claim to get Rufus and Marius to join him on the expedition to remove Jugurtha?
(a) He will be able to ensure a higher place for them on the consul.
(b) They will be able to find great wealth.
(c) That he has forgotten the harassment they did to him in the past.
(d) They can protect their friend, Jugurtha as part of a secret mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the phrase "The First Man in Rome?"
2. What has happened to Metellus's credibility in Rome?
3. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
4. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
5. What does Marius have constructed to help the army get into the fortress?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)