|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius believe will be of greater incentive to the head-count army?
(a) Land in Africa.
(b) Positions in the Senate.
(c) Additional funds.
(d) Awards and medals.
2. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
3. What message does Marius send back to King Bocchus?
(a) He must deliver Jugurtha to get forgiveness.
(b) Sulla needs be immediately taken to Jugurtha.
(c) They declare war on King Bocchus.
(d) They are unwilling to negotiate.
4. What does Nicopolis find on her picnic with Sulla?
(a) A fountain.
(c) Salad greens.
5. Why does Marius ensure that his position is heavily fortified?
(a) He needs to spend some time training new troops.
(b) He wants to be ready.
(c) He knows the Germans are particularly mean.
(d) He believes they might have to be there awhile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did King Bocchus leave according to Volux?
2. Who does Marius decide he will marry?
3. Who did the Senate decide to try for treason?
4. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
5. Why did Marius stay up all night the night before his inauguration day?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)