|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caepio plan on raising his army?
(a) Using the old-fashioned way.
(b) By kidnapping men and forcing them to fight.
(c) By adopting a new strategy unique to him.
(d) Using Marius's new way.
2. What has happened to Metellus's credibility in Rome?
(a) It has been exaggerated.
(b) It has been restored.
(c) It has been relieved.
(d) It has been undermined.
3. When Marius returns to Rome, what doe she immediately want to focus on?
(a) The fate of Jugurtha.
(b) The triumphal march.
(c) Re-election as consul.
(d) The banquet at the temple of Jupiter.
4. What is Marius's current position in the army?
(a) Spy searching for Jugurtha.
(b) Aide to Metellus's young son.
(c) Troop commander.
(d) Leader of a legion.
5. Why does Marius ensure that his position is heavily fortified?
(a) He believes they might have to be there awhile.
(b) He knows the Germans are particularly mean.
(c) He needs to spend some time training new troops.
(d) He wants to be ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius recognize as being important to a military man?
2. What happens to Jugurtha?
3. Who does Marius decide he will marry?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the phrase "The First Man in Rome?"
5. Why does Sulla leave Rome for a month?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)