|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 18, what is Vladimir's emotional condition?
2. What does the young cadet make with Vladimir's knife?
3. How does Zinaida admit to loving Vladimir?
4. In what style will Maidanov rewrite Zinaida's poem?
5. What is Vladimir's response the question Zinaida asks in the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of poetry in Turgenev's book. How does Turgenev use poetry in his book? What is Turgenev's history with poetry. Discuss one time in the book that poetry plays a significant role in the story and why.
Essay Topic 2
Zinaida suggests a poetry topic to her suitors one night. Analyze the symbolism in Zinaida's suggestion. What does it suggest about her life?
Essay Topic 3
What is the central conflict of Turgenev's book and how does he support this conflict throughout the story? Choose three examples from the text and discuss how these examples demonstrate the conflict of the story.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)