|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16 what game do the characters play?
2. What does Vladimir think of Dr. Looshin?
3. Who tries to prevent Mme. Petrovich from moving?
4. How did Vladimir's mother learn of the affair?
5. What game does Zinaida want to play in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Turgenev use this book to demonstrate his opinions on love, life and relationships? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the love triangle between Vladimir, his father and Zinaida. What does each person seek emotionally from the relationship? What do they receive from the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of poetry in Turgenev's book. How does Turgenev use poetry in his book? What is Turgenev's history with poetry. Discuss one time in the book that poetry plays a significant role in the story and why.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)