|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zinadia asks her guests to tell stories, what member of royalty does Zinaida tell a story about?
2. Which of Zinaida's suitors does Vladimir consider the most dangerous?
3. Which Shakespearean character is Vladimir compared to in Chapter 17?
4. After Zinaida receives Vladimir in Chapter 13, what does Vladimir realize?
5. At the start of Chapter 17, who gets into a cab?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Vladimir and Dr. Looshin. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir. Argue for or against that Dr. Looshin acts as a father figure to Vladimir.
Essay Topic 2
Describe briefly, the history of Russian princesses. Does Princess Zasyekin fit this description? Why or why not? Why is Princess Zasyekin an important character in Turgenev's book?
Essay Topic 3
Zinaida suggests a poetry topic to her suitors one night. Analyze the symbolism in Zinaida's suggestion. What does it suggest about her life?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)