|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vladimir see riding horses with Zinaida in Chapter 14?
2. Why does Mme. Petrovich tell Princess Zasyekin she must leave suddenly?
3. Who does Zinaida say will deliver her a horse for her to ride?
4. In Chapter 16, who does Zinaida ask to leave the party?
5. Where does Count Malevsky suggest Vladimir spy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the theme of Turgenev's book? Provide the definition of theme and how Turgenev supports this theme throughout the book. Cite specific examples from the book to prove its overall theme.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the love triangle between Vladimir, his father and Zinaida. What does each person seek emotionally from the relationship? What do they receive from the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of Vladimir's father. Describe him in relation to Vladimir. How do the two characters relate to each other? Is one character needed to have a deeper appreciation of the other? Choose one other character Vladimir's father interacts with and explain how he influences that character.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)