|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mme. Petrovich say she is going to move?
2. Where do the characters gather at the start of Chapter 16?
3. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Vladimir wonder about?
4. What does the young cadet make with Vladimir's knife?
5. What does Vladimir hear while in the garden in Chapter 17, alerting him to another person's presence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Turgenev use this book to demonstrate his opinions on love, life and relationships? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What is the theme of Turgenev's book? Provide the definition of theme and how Turgenev supports this theme throughout the book. Cite specific examples from the book to prove its overall theme.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Vladimir's relationship with Zinaida. How does the relationship change from beginning to end. How do each of the characters change because of this relationship?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)