|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Vladimir do when he sees Zinaida in the window in Chapter 20?
2. Why does Zinaida chide Vladimir in Chapter 10?
3. What does Zinaida place in Vladimir's buttonhole?
4. What does Vladimir wear around his neck instead of a tie?
5. What is Byelovzorov unable to find for Zinaida in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide the definition of foreshadowing and explain how Turgenev uses this technique in his story. Provide two specific examples of foreshadowing and what events they predict.
Essay Topic 2
Which character is the voice of Turgenev's story. Why did Turgenev elect to tell the story in this character's voice? How would the story be different if it was told in other characters voice? Be sure to provide the definition of voice in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of poetry in Turgenev's book. How does Turgenev use poetry in his book? What is Turgenev's history with poetry. Discuss one time in the book that poetry plays a significant role in the story and why.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)