|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does M. Petrovich ban from his house forever?
2. What does Vladimir think of Dr. Looshin?
3. In Chapter 15, who no longer visits the lodge?
4. What is Byelovzorov unable to find for Zinaida in Chapter 13?
5. What does M. Petrovich convince his wife not to do in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the theme of Turgenev's book? Provide the definition of theme and how Turgenev supports this theme throughout the book. Cite specific examples from the book to prove its overall theme.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev's biographical information and discuss how it relates to his construction of the book "First Love." What elements of his life does the author incorporate into his book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the central conflict of Turgenev's book and how does he support this conflict throughout the story? Choose three examples from the text and discuss how these examples demonstrate the conflict of the story.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)