|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 29, what does Vladimir promise Zinaida?
2. What ailment is Vladimir suffering from at the start of Chapter 18?
3. What does M. Petrovich convince his wife not to do in Chapter 20?
4. In Chapter 19, who does Vladimir eat dinner with?
5. What does Vladimir wear around his neck instead of a tie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of poetry in Turgenev's book. How does Turgenev use poetry in his book? What is Turgenev's history with poetry. Discuss one time in the book that poetry plays a significant role in the story and why.
Essay Topic 2
Which character is the voice of Turgenev's story. Why did Turgenev elect to tell the story in this character's voice? How would the story be different if it was told in other characters voice? Be sure to provide the definition of voice in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Zinaida's character effects the lives of several other character's in the book. Other than Vladimir, choose two characters who life she effects and how. Provide detailed examples from the book.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)