|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what style will Maidanov rewrite Zinaida's poem?
2. What advice would Dr. Looshin give the woman in Zinadia's story?
3. Why does Maidanov not like Zinaida's idea for a poem?
4. In Chapter 19, what does the pantry boy tell Vladimir?
5. After Zinaida receives Vladimir in Chapter 13, what does Vladimir realize?
Essay Topic 1
What is the theme of Turgenev's book? Provide the definition of theme and how Turgenev supports this theme throughout the book. Cite specific examples from the book to prove its overall theme.
Essay Topic 2
Provide the definition of foreshadowing and explain how Turgenev uses this technique in his story. Provide two specific examples of foreshadowing and what events they predict.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Vladimir and Dr. Looshin. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir. Argue for or against that Dr. Looshin acts as a father figure to Vladimir.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)