|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinaida place in Vladimir's buttonhole?
2. What does M. Petrovich convince his wife not to do in Chapter 20?
3. In what style will Maidanov rewrite Zinaida's poem?
4. Where does Count Malevsky suggest Vladimir spy?
5. Who visits Vladmir's house in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the theme of Turgenev's book? Provide the definition of theme and how Turgenev supports this theme throughout the book. Cite specific examples from the book to prove its overall theme.
Essay Topic 2
Which character is the voice of Turgenev's story. Why did Turgenev elect to tell the story in this character's voice? How would the story be different if it was told in other characters voice? Be sure to provide the definition of voice in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Argue what you believe to be the climax of Turgenev's book. State specific examples from the book to make your argument.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)