|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Vladimir not seen at the start of Chapter 15?
2. In Chapter 15, what does Zinaida admit to Vladimir about her behavior?
3. What does Zinaida yank from Vladimir?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Zinaida ask Vladimir to do in order to prove his love?
5. What is the last line of the poem Vladimir writes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of Turgenev's book and how it is important to the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Provide the definition of foreshadowing and explain how Turgenev uses this technique in his story. Provide two specific examples of foreshadowing and what events they predict.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of Vladimir's father. Describe him in relation to Vladimir. How do the two characters relate to each other? Is one character needed to have a deeper appreciation of the other? Choose one other character Vladimir's father interacts with and explain how he influences that character.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)