|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Vladimir do when he sees Zinaida in the window in Chapter 20?
2. What does Vladimir hear while in the garden in Chapter 17, alerting him to another person's presence?
3. Why does Zinaida chide Vladimir in Chapter 10?
4. Who visits Vladmir's house in Chapter 17?
5. When Zinadia asks her guests to tell stories, what member of royalty does Zinaida tell a story about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev's biographical information and discuss how it relates to his construction of the book "First Love." What elements of his life does the author incorporate into his book?
Essay Topic 2
Zinaida suggests a poetry topic to her suitors one night. Analyze the symbolism in Zinaida's suggestion. What does it suggest about her life?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of Vladimir's father. Describe him in relation to Vladimir. How do the two characters relate to each other? Is one character needed to have a deeper appreciation of the other? Choose one other character Vladimir's father interacts with and explain how he influences that character.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)