|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Zinaida's suitors disappears?
2. What happens when Vladimir returns home at the end of Chapter 16?
3. Who does Vladimir ignore in Chapter 19?
4. Who does M. Petrovich ban from his house forever?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Zinaida ask Vladimir to do in order to prove his love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the word protagonist and supply the protagonist(s) for Turgenev's book . Describe the protagonist and how he or she fits the definition of the word.
Essay Topic 2
What is the theme of Turgenev's book? Provide the definition of theme and how Turgenev supports this theme throughout the book. Cite specific examples from the book to prove its overall theme.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev's biographical information and discuss how it relates to his construction of the book "First Love." What elements of his life does the author incorporate into his book?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)