|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Zinaida ask Vladimir to do in order to prove his love?
2. What does Zinaida give Vladimir after he makes his promise?
3. In Chapter 19, what does the pantry boy tell Vladimir?
4. What must Vladimir do when he sees Zinaida in the window in Chapter 20?
5. Why does Maidanov not like Zinaida's idea for a poem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Turgenev use this book to demonstrate his opinions on love, life and relationships? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Provide the definition of foreshadowing and explain how Turgenev uses this technique in his story. Provide two specific examples of foreshadowing and what events they predict.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev's biographical information and discuss how it relates to his construction of the book "First Love." What elements of his life does the author incorporate into his book?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)