|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose words of wisdom about sacrifice does Vladimir recall in Chapter 20?
2. In Chapter 19, who does Vladimir eat dinner with?
3. What is Zinaida doing at the start of Chapter 12?
4. What does Vladimir think of Dr. Looshin?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Vladimir see when he looks at Zinaida's window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character is the voice of Turgenev's story. Why did Turgenev elect to tell the story in this character's voice? How would the story be different if it was told in other characters voice? Be sure to provide the definition of voice in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Zinaida suggests a poetry topic to her suitors one night. Analyze the symbolism in Zinaida's suggestion. What does it suggest about her life?
Essay Topic 3
Zinaida's character effects the lives of several other character's in the book. Other than Vladimir, choose two characters who life she effects and how. Provide detailed examples from the book.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)