|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment is Vladimir suffering from at the start of Chapter 18?
2. What is Byelovzorov unable to find for Zinaida in Chapter 13?
3. While spying, what does Vladimir climb up on in the garden?
4. Why does Zinaida chide Vladimir in Chapter 10?
5. What does Zinaida give Vladimir after he makes his promise?
Essay Topic 1
One night in the lodge, Zinaida suggests that everyone should make up a story. Describe Zinaida's story and each suitors' reaction to it. What is relevant about her story and her suitors' reactions to it.
Essay Topic 2
Zinaida suggests a poetry topic to her suitors one night. Analyze the symbolism in Zinaida's suggestion. What does it suggest about her life?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of Vladimir's father. Describe him in relation to Vladimir. How do the two characters relate to each other? Is one character needed to have a deeper appreciation of the other? Choose one other character Vladimir's father interacts with and explain how he influences that character.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)