|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does M. Petrovich ban from his house forever?
2. What is the last line of the poem Vladimir writes?
3. Why does Zinaida chide Vladimir in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 17 what does Vladimir carry in his pocket?
5. What does Zinaida admit to doing to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Vladimir's father. Describe him in relation to Vladimir. How do the two characters relate to each other? Is one character needed to have a deeper appreciation of the other? Choose one other character Vladimir's father interacts with and explain how he influences that character.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of poetry in Turgenev's book. How does Turgenev use poetry in his book? What is Turgenev's history with poetry. Discuss one time in the book that poetry plays a significant role in the story and why.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Vladimir and Dr. Looshin. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir. Argue for or against that Dr. Looshin acts as a father figure to Vladimir.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)