|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Vladimir not seen at the start of Chapter 15?
2. Who does Zinaida say will deliver her a horse for her to ride?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Vladimir see when he looks at Zinaida's window?
4. In Chapter 15, what does Zinaida admit to Vladimir about her behavior?
5. Which of Zinaida's suitors does Vladimir consider the most dangerous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue what you believe to be the climax of Turgenev's book. State specific examples from the book to make your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Which character is the voice of Turgenev's story. Why did Turgenev elect to tell the story in this character's voice? How would the story be different if it was told in other characters voice? Be sure to provide the definition of voice in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Provide the definition of foreshadowing and explain how Turgenev uses this technique in his story. Provide two specific examples of foreshadowing and what events they predict.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)