|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Maidanov respond to the man in Zinadia's story?
2. Who does Vladimir see while spying in the garden?
3. Where does Mme. Petrovich say she is going to move?
4. What is Byelovzorov unable to find for Zinaida in Chapter 13?
5. Who sulks in the corner when he visits the lodge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zinaida's character effects the lives of several other character's in the book. Other than Vladimir, choose two characters who life she effects and how. Provide detailed examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Provide the definition of foreshadowing and explain how Turgenev uses this technique in his story. Provide two specific examples of foreshadowing and what events they predict.
Essay Topic 3
What is the lesson that Turgenev is trying to teach the reader? Why is it significant that Zinaida is married at the end of the book to another man? What does this suggest about love?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)