|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinaida yank from Vladimir?
2. Why does Maidanov not like Zinaida's idea for a poem?
3. In Chapter 11, why did guests gather at the Zasyekins' lodge?
4. How does Zinaida admit to loving Vladimir?
5. Which of Zinaida's suitors disappears?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the central conflict of Turgenev's book and how does he support this conflict throughout the story? Choose three examples from the text and discuss how these examples demonstrate the conflict of the story.
Essay Topic 2
One night in the lodge, Zinaida suggests that everyone should make up a story. Describe Zinaida's story and each suitors' reaction to it. What is relevant about her story and her suitors' reactions to it.
Essay Topic 3
Zinaida suggests a poetry topic to her suitors one night. Analyze the symbolism in Zinaida's suggestion. What does it suggest about her life?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)