|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vladimir doing for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
2. How old is Vladimir's father?
3. At what time does Zinaida tell Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
4. How does Vladimir's father treat him?
5. What did M. Petrovich hear about Zinaida?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
2. On what subject would Zinaida write poetry about? What is Maidanov's response?
3. What is the game analogies? Whose analogy wins in Chapter 11?
4. Who gives Zinaida a kitten and why does he give her that gift?
5. What happens during Vladimir's father's first meeting with Zinaida? What is Vladimir's reaction?
6. At the end of Chapter 16, why can't Vladimir sleep?
7. How does Zinaida love Vladimir?
8. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky? Does she love him? Why or why not?
9. Describe Vladimir's character as described in Chapter 1.
10. Who does Vladimir see riding together at the end of Chapter 14? Why is this significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Vladimir and Dr. Looshin. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir. Argue for or against that Dr. Looshin acts as a father figure to Vladimir.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev's biographical information and discuss how it relates to his construction of the book "First Love." What elements of his life does the author incorporate into his book?
Essay Topic 3
Zinaida suggests a poetry topic to her suitors one night. Analyze the symbolism in Zinaida's suggestion. What does it suggest about her life?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)