|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
2. What does Vladimir's father foresee in his future?
3. How does Vladimir's father treat him?
4. What is Vladimir doing for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
5. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story Zinaida tells her guests in Chapter 16.
2. In Chapter 16, what does Zinaida suggest everyone share with each other in the lodge? What do they end up sharing instead?
3. What advice does Vladimir's father give him while they walk through the garden?
4. What is Forfeits?
5. Describe what you learn about Vladimir's relationship with his father in Chapter 8.
6. What does the pantry boy tell Vladimir about his parent's fight?
7. In Chapter 2, what is the woman Vladimir encounters in the garden like?
8. What are Vladimir's walks in the garden like?
9. What message does Vladimir deliver to Princess Zasyeki? What is her response?
10. Describe Princess Zasyekin's husband.
Essay Topic 1
Zinaida's character effects the lives of several other character's in the book. Other than Vladimir, choose two characters who life she effects and how. Provide detailed examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Define the word protagonist and supply the protagonist(s) for Turgenev's book . Describe the protagonist and how he or she fits the definition of the word.
Essay Topic 3
Which character is the voice of Turgenev's story. Why did Turgenev elect to tell the story in this character's voice? How would the story be different if it was told in other characters voice? Be sure to provide the definition of voice in your essay.
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)