|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vladimir doing for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
2. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
3. Why didn't Vladimir's parents marry?
4. What does Mme. Petrovich think of Princess Zasyekin?
5. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Count Malevsky trick Vladimir into spying on Zinaida?
2. Describe the fight between Vladirmir's mother and father in Chapter 20. What was the cause of the fight? What was the result of the fight?
3. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
4. What advice does Vladimir's father give him while they walk through the garden?
5. Who gives Zinaida a kitten and why does he give her that gift?
6. Describe one guest's reaction to Zinaida's story in Chapter 16.
7. Describe Vladimir's character as described in Chapter 1.
8. Describe the poem that Vladimir writes for Zinaida.
9. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir in Chapter 9?
10. Describe Vladimir's interaction with the young cadet and Zinaida.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Vladimir's relationship with Zinaida. How does the relationship change from beginning to end. How do each of the characters change because of this relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of Turgenev's book and how it is important to the plot of the story.
Essay Topic 3
How does Turgenev use this book to demonstrate his opinions on love, life and relationships? Site specific examples from the text.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)