|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mme. Petrovich ask for information about the new neighbor?
2. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
3. At what time does Zinaida tell Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
4. What does Mme. Petrovich hope Princess Zasyekin doesn't want?
5. What does Mme. Petrovich make Vladimir tell her about at the start of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zinaida stop receiving guests in Chapter 15?
2. What does Vladimir's mother think about her sons interactions with Zinaida?
3. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9? How does he come to this realization?
4. How does having so many suitors effect Zinaida?
5. Describe Vladimir's interaction with the young cadet and Zinaida.
6. Describe one guest's reaction to Zinaida's story in Chapter 16.
7. What does Vladimir see when he spies on Zinaida in the garden in Chapter 17?
8. What happens when Vladimir is asked to tell his story? Why?
9. In Chapter 15, what is Vladimir's opinion of Dr. Looshin? What revelation does Dr. Looshin have?
10. Describe Princess Zasyekin. What does she want from Vladimir's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev's biographical information and discuss how it relates to his construction of the book "First Love." What elements of his life does the author incorporate into his book?
Essay Topic 2
Argue what you believe to be the climax of Turgenev's book. State specific examples from the book to make your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Describe briefly, the history of Russian princesses. Does Princess Zasyekin fit this description? Why or why not? Why is Princess Zasyekin an important character in Turgenev's book?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)