|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why did guests gather at the Zasyekins' lodge?
(a) To read news.
(b) To dance.
(c) To discuss Maidanov's poetry.
(d) To play cards.
2. In Chapter 19, who does Vladimir eat dinner with?
(a) No one.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) Dr. Looshin.
3. What does Vladimir hear while in the garden in Chapter 17, alerting him to another person's presence?
(a) A twig snap.
(b) A sneeze.
(c) A cough.
(d) A whisper.
4. What does Zinaida place in Vladimir's buttonhole?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A button.
(c) A string.
(d) A rose.
5. What does Zinaida yank from Vladimir?
(a) His tie.
(b) His necklace.
(c) His hair.
(d) His watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zinaida chide Vladimir in Chapter 10?
2. Why does Vladimir turn down Zinaida's invitation to go riding?
3. What advice would Dr. Looshin give the woman in Zinadia's story?
4. How does Vladimir's mother behave at lunch?
5. What is Byelovzorov unable to find for Zinaida in Chapter 13?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)