|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Vladimir's father have an affair with?
(b) Princess Zasyekin.
(d) No one.
2. What is Zinaida doing at the start of Chapter 12?
3. What is Byelovzorov unable to find for Zinaida in Chapter 13?
(a) A quiet horse.
(b) A fan.
(c) A cold drink.
(d) An acceptable suitor.
4. In Chapter 15, what does Zinaida admit to Vladimir about her behavior?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she has been cold towards him.
(c) That she is playing hard to get.
(d) That she is sad.
5. Why does Mme. Petrovich tell Princess Zasyekin she must leave suddenly?
(a) A family death.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A family emergency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose words of wisdom about sacrifice does Vladimir recall in Chapter 20?
2. How does Dr. Looshin's behavior change in Chapter 10?
3. What is Vladimir's response the question Zinaida asks in the garden?
4. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Vladimir wonder about?
5. How would Maidanov respond to the man in Zinadia's story?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)