|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Vladimir wonder about?
(a) Who will win the battle for Zinaida's heart.
(b) Who the man in Zinaida's story is.
(c) What the weather will be like tomorrow.
(d) When he will see Zinaida next.
2. Who has Vladimir not seen at the start of Chapter 15?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Zinaida claim at the start of Chapter 15?
(a) That her horse ran away.
(b) That she is very busy.
(c) That she is sick.
(d) That she is engaged.
4. Whose words of wisdom about sacrifice does Vladimir recall in Chapter 20?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(b) Princess Zasyekin.
5. How would Maidanov respond to the man in Zinadia's story?
(a) He would cry.
(b) He would challenge him to a duel.
(c) He would write a poem.
(d) He would write a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vladimir's mother behave at lunch?
2. What is Vladimir's response the question Zinaida asks in the garden?
3. In Chapter 16, who does Zinaida ask to leave the party?
4. How did Vladimir's mother learn of the affair?
5. What happens when Vladimir returns home at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)