|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the characters gather at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) The garden.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The river.
(d) The lodge.
2. Who does M. Petrovich ban from his house forever?
(a) Count Malevsky.
(b) Mme. Petrovich.
(d) The butler.
3. What does Zinaida claim at the start of Chapter 15?
(a) That her horse ran away.
(b) That she is engaged.
(c) That she is very busy.
(d) That she is sick.
4. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Vladimir wonder about?
(a) What the weather will be like tomorrow.
(b) When he will see Zinaida next.
(c) Who will win the battle for Zinaida's heart.
(d) Who the man in Zinaida's story is.
5. How does Zinaida admit to loving Vladimir?
(a) She loves him deeply.
(b) She loves him like a wife loves a husband.
(c) She loves him like a pet.
(d) She loves him like a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zinaida invite to go riding with her in Chapter 13?
2. What does Vladimir drop in the grass while spying?
3. What does Zinaida admit to doing to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
4. At the start of Chapter 17, who gets into a cab?
5. What does Zinaida place in Vladimir's buttonhole?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)