|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vladimir's father say will make a man free?
(c) One's own will.
2. Who preforms card tricks at the party at the lodge?
(b) Count Malvesky.
3. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She sends a letter.
(b) She calls him.
(c) She sends her mother.
(d) She whispers in his ear.
4. What does Vladimir help Zinaida do at her house?
(b) Wind wool.
(c) Comb her hair.
(d) Cook dinner.
5. What does Vladimir's father say is the whole thing in life?
(a) Belonging to oneself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do to the people she is speaking to in the garden?
2. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
3. In the prologue, who is sitting with the host after the other guests leave?
4. How old is Vladimir's father?
5. In Chapter 4, at what time does Princess Zasyekin say she will meet Mme. Petrovich?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir in Chapter 9?
2. What is the game analogies? Whose analogy wins in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 2, what is the woman Vladimir encounters in the garden like?
4. What happens when Vladimir is asked to tell his story? Why?
5. Describe the story Zinaida tells her guests in Chapter 16.
6. What is Vladimir's reaction in Chapter 17 to what he sees in the garden?
7. What does Vladimir see when he spies on Zinaida in the garden in Chapter 17?
8. Who does Zinaida say will get her a horse and why does this shock Vladimir?
9. Describe Princess Zasyekin's husband.
10. How does Zinaida love Vladimir?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)