|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byelovzorov claim Zinaida's word is in Chapter 4?
(a) A lie.
(b) The truth.
2. What does Mme. Petrovich hope Princess Zasyekin doesn't want?
(a) To become friends.
(d) A place to live.
3. What was Princess Zasyekin's husband like?
(b) Well-bred but ridiculous.
(c) Ugly and rude.
(d) A peasent.
4. How does Vladimir feel before dinner with Princess Zasyekin?
5. Vladimir ask his father to join him at what after their walk?
(b) Horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
2. Who does Princess Zasyekin have a run in with in Chapter 9?
3. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
4. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
5. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir when he finds her in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Princess Zasyekin's husband.
2. What does Vladimir accuse Zinaida of in Chapter 18? What is Zinaida's reaction?
3. Describe the conversation that Zinaida and Vladimir have while winding wool.
4. What are Vladimir's walks in the garden like?
5. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky? Does she love him? Why or why not?
6. Describe Vladimir's parents as described in Chapter 1.
7. In Chapter 2, what is the woman Vladimir encounters in the garden like?
8. Why does Zinaida stop receiving guests in Chapter 15?
9. What is Vladimir's emotional state at the end of Chapter 7?
10. What is Princess Zasyekin's reaction to Vladimir's family leaving? What does Vladimir's mother tell her the reason is?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)