|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
(a) Because she looks down on him.
(b) He is too smart for her.
(c) He has a mustache.
(d) He is rude.
2. Who restrained Vladimir's mother from fetching Vladimir from the party?
(a) No one.
(b) Vladimir's father.
(c) The butler.
(d) The Princess.
3. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
(b) The lodge.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Her birthday party.
4. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She makes fun of him.
(d) She hits him.
5. In Chapter 2, what does the man in the garden tease Vladimir about?
(a) Staring at a lady.
(b) His hair.
(c) His clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
2. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
3. What appears in the window of the second lodge?
4. How does Vladimir react when he sees the girl in the garden for the first time?
5. In what month do the shutters of the second lodge open?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Zinaida suggest everyone share with each other in the lodge? What do they end up sharing instead?
2. How does Count Malevsky trick Vladimir into spying on Zinaida?
3. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9? How does he come to this realization?
4. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir in Chapter 9?
5. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
6. What work does Vladimir do for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
7. What is Vladimir's mother's impression of Princess Zasyekin?
8. Describe the fight between Vladirmir's mother and father in Chapter 20. What was the cause of the fight? What was the result of the fight?
9. Describe the poem that Vladimir writes for Zinaida.
10. Describe Vladimir's interaction with the young cadet and Zinaida.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)