|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the prologue, who is sitting with the host after the other guests leave?
(a) Sergey Nicolayevich.
(b) Sergey Nicolayevich and Vladimir Petrovich.
(c) Vladimir Petrovich.
(d) Sergey Nicolayevich and Princess Zinaida Zasyekin.
2. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
(a) Short and fat.
(b) Tall and fat.
(c) Tall and slender.
(d) Short and slender.
3. What does Princess Zasyekin beg Mme. Petrovich for in Chapter 3 ?
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A chance to visit.
4. What does Vladimir shoot on his walks?
5. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She whispers in his ear.
(b) She calls him.
(c) She sends her mother.
(d) She sends a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
2. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
3. Vladimir ask his father to join him at what after their walk?
4. What did M. Petrovich hear about Zinaida?
5. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 16, why can't Vladimir sleep?
2. Why does Zinaida call Vladimir to the garden in Chapter 15?
3. What is Princess Zasyekin's reaction to Vladimir's family leaving? What does Vladimir's mother tell her the reason is?
4. What happens when Vladimir is asked to tell his story? Why?
5. In Chapter 15, what is Vladimir's opinion of Dr. Looshin? What revelation does Dr. Looshin have?
6. Describe one guest's reaction to Zinaida's story in Chapter 16.
7. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9? How does he come to this realization?
8. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
9. Describe Vladimir's parents as described in Chapter 1.
10. In the prologue, what does the host want to guests to discuss? Describe Nicolayevich's story.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)