|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vladimir's father treat him?
(a) He hates him.
(b) With good-humored indifference.
(c) With love.
(d) He fears him.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
(d) The pursuit of happiness.
3. Who does Princess Zasyekin have a run in with in Chapter 9?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) The police.
(d) Her lawyer.
4. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The shore.
(d) To town.
5. How does Vladimir's mother treat him?
(a) With love.
(b) She does not notice him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who restrained Vladimir's mother from fetching Vladimir from the party?
2. Who is Byelovzorov?
3. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What does Vladimir's father say will make a man free?
5. Where is Vladimir's summer home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Princess Zasyekin want Zinaida to stop drinking? What is Dr. Looshin's response?
2. Describe Vladimir's interaction with the young cadet and Zinaida.
3. In Chapter 2, what is the woman Vladimir encounters in the garden like?
4. What information is in the anonymous letter Vladimir's mother receives? Who do you think sent the letter?
5. What is the nickname that Zinaida gives Vladimir?
6. Describe Princess Zasyekin's husband.
7. How does Zinaida love Vladimir?
8. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
9. What is Vladimir's emotional state at the end of Chapter 7?
10. What is Princess Zasyekin's reaction to Vladimir's family leaving? What does Vladimir's mother tell her the reason is?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)