|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky?
(a) His house.
(b) His money.
(c) His muscles.
(d) His mustache.
2. Who preforms card tricks at the party at the lodge?
(c) Count Malvesky.
3. At the start of Chapter 4 where does Vonifaty lead Vladimir?
(a) The garden.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The drawing room.
4. At what time does Zinaida tell Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
5. Who is Byelovzorov?
(a) A baker.
(b) A writer.
(c) A young officer.
(d) A farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
2. Who does Princess Zasyekin have a run in with in Chapter 9?
3. Who is Fyodor?
4. In Chapter 7, how does Zinaida say farewell to Vladimir after the party at her house?
5. How does Vladimir view his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zinaida love Vladimir?
2. Who gives Zinaida a kitten and why does he give her that gift?
3. What is Princess Zasyekin's reaction to Vladimir's family leaving? What does Vladimir's mother tell her the reason is?
4. Why does Zinaida stop receiving guests in Chapter 15?
5. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
6. Describe what Vladimir catches his father doing during the horseback ride in Chapter 21.
7. Describe the poem that Vladimir writes for Zinaida.
8. Describe Princess Zasyekin. What does she want from Vladimir's family?
9. Describe Vladimir's character as described in Chapter 1.
10. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9? How does he come to this realization?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)