|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Zinaida tell Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
2. What is the name of the poem Maidanov recites at the party at the lodge?
(a) 'True Love.'
(b) 'The Rose.'
(c) 'The Thief.'
(d) 'The Muderer.'
3. What does Princess Zasyekin thank M. Petrovich for after dinner?
(a) Their protection.
(b) Their hospitality.
4. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
(a) He became Tzar.
(b) He died at war.
(c) He died in a plane crash.
(d) He gambled away their money.
5. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir to read to her in the garden?
(a) The bible.
(b) A novel.
(d) The news.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
2. In Chapter 2, what does the man in the garden tease Vladimir about?
3. Vladimir ask his father to join him at what after their walk?
4. How does Vladimir's father treat him?
5. How old is Vladimir's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nickname that Zinaida gives Vladimir?
2. How does having so many suitors effect Zinaida?
3. What message does Vladimir deliver to Princess Zasyeki? What is her response?
4. What is Princess Zasyekin's reaction to Vladimir's family leaving? What does Vladimir's mother tell her the reason is?
5. Who does Zinaida say will get her a horse and why does this shock Vladimir?
6. Describe Vladimir's father's mood when he asks Vladimir to go for a ride.
7. What advice does Vladimir's father give him while they walk through the garden?
8. At the end of Chapter 16, why can't Vladimir sleep?
9. Why does Zinaida call Vladimir to the garden in Chapter 15?
10. What happens when Vladimir is asked to tell his story? Why?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)