|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, at what time does Princess Zasyekin say she will meet Mme. Petrovich?
2. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
(a) He gambled away their money.
(b) He died at war.
(c) He died in a plane crash.
(d) He became Tzar.
3. What fear does Vladimir have about his father?
(a) That he will die.
(b) That he will go bankrupt.
(c) That he will hit him.
(d) That his father will abandon him.
4. What does Vladimir's father say will make a man free?
(c) One's own will.
5. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Her birthday party.
(b) The lodge.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vladimir follow home in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, whose image is in Vladimir's mind as he sleeps?
4. What nickname does Zinaida call Vladimir throughout the book?
5. What does Mme. Petrovich think of Princess Zasyekin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Princess Zasyekin. What does she want from Vladimir's family?
2. How does Zinaida love Vladimir?
3. How does Zinaida treat her suitors in the garden?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Zinaida suggest everyone share with each other in the lodge? What do they end up sharing instead?
5. Describe one guest's reaction to Zinaida's story in Chapter 16.
6. Describe the conversation that Zinaida and Vladimir have while winding wool.
7. What happens when Vladimir is asked to tell his story? Why?
8. On what subject would Zinaida write poetry about? What is Maidanov's response?
9. How does Count Malevsky trick Vladimir into spying on Zinaida?
10. Describe the fight between Vladirmir's mother and father in Chapter 20. What was the cause of the fight? What was the result of the fight?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)