|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
(a) She cries.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She ignores him.
2. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The boat house.
(d) His room.
3. Where is the second lodge located?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) In Moscow.
(d) Next to Vladimir's summer home.
4. What does Vladimir help Zinaida do at her house?
(a) Wind wool.
(b) Comb her hair.
(d) Cook dinner.
5. What does Mme. Petrovich make Vladimir tell her about at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) His opinion of M. Petrovich
(b) The history of Russia.
(c) His evening at Princess Zasyekin's.
(d) His time at the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vladimir's father say will make a man free?
2. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
3. What was Princess Zasyekin's husband like?
4. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
5. What does Mme. Petrovich think of Princess Zasyekin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Vladimir's interaction with the young cadet and Zinaida.
2. What is Vladimir's mother's impression of Princess Zasyekin?
3. What work does Vladimir do for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What is Vladimir's emotional state at the end of Chapter 7?
5. How does having so many suitors effect Zinaida?
6. In Chapter 16, what does Zinaida suggest everyone share with each other in the lodge? What do they end up sharing instead?
7. Describe Princess Zasyekin's husband.
8. Describe Zinaida's behavior during dinner at Vladimir's home.
9. How does Byelovzorov act at Zinaida's party? What is her reaction to him?
10. In Chapter 15, what is Vladimir's opinion of Dr. Looshin? What revelation does Dr. Looshin have?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)