|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the poem Maidanov recites at the party at the lodge?
(a) 'True Love.'
(b) 'The Muderer.'
(c) 'The Thief.'
(d) 'The Rose.'
2. How does Vladimir's father treat him?
(a) With good-humored indifference.
(b) With love.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He fears him.
3. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
(a) Because she looks down on him.
(b) He is rude.
(c) He is too smart for her.
(d) He has a mustache.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
(c) The pursuit of happiness.
5. What does Vladimir help Zinaida do at her house?
(a) Comb her hair.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Wind wool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mme. Petrovich make Vladimir tell her about at the start of Chapter 8?
2. What is Vladimir doing for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
3. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
4. At the end of Chapter 7, whose image is in Vladimir's mind as he sleeps?
5. Who sits in the corner during the party in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Princess Zasyekin. What does she want from Vladimir's family?
2. Why does Count Malevsky think Vladimir is a "bad page"?
3. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
4. What work does Vladimir do for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
5. Describe Zinaida and Vladimir's farewell.
6. At the end of Chapter 16, why can't Vladimir sleep?
7. What information is in the anonymous letter Vladimir's mother receives? Who do you think sent the letter?
8. Describe the poem that Vladimir writes for Zinaida.
9. How does Zinaida want Vladimir to prove his love to her? What is her response?
10. Describe the story Zinaida tells her guests in Chapter 16.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)