|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
(a) He has a mustache.
(b) Because she looks down on him.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He is too smart for her.
2. What emotions does Vladimir feel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Joy and happiness.
(b) Jealousy and depression.
(c) Excitement and fear.
(d) Sadness and sorrow.
3. Vladimir ask his father to join him at what after their walk?
(b) Horseback riding.
4. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky?
(a) His house.
(b) His muscles.
(c) His mustache.
(d) His money.
5. Who is Byelovzorov?
(a) A baker.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A young officer.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who preforms card tricks at the party at the lodge?
2. What is the only thing Vladimir can think of at the start of Chapter 9?
3. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir?
4. Why does Mme. Petrovich believe the Princess is poor?
5. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Vladimir's father's first meeting with Zinaida? What is Vladimir's reaction?
2. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
3. Describe Zinaida and Vladimir's farewell.
4. What is Vladimir's mother's impression of Princess Zasyekin?
5. Describe the poem that Vladimir writes for Zinaida.
6. Who gives Zinaida a kitten and why does he give her that gift?
7. Describe what you learn about Vladimir's relationship with his father in Chapter 8.
8. What does the pantry boy tell Vladimir about his parent's fight?
9. What does Princess Zasyekin want Zinaida to stop drinking? What is Dr. Looshin's response?
10. Describe what Vladimir catches his father doing during the horseback ride in Chapter 21.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)