|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
(b) Her birthday party.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The lodge.
2. In Chapter 7, what does Zinaida instruct Count Malevsky to do for Vladimir?
(a) Write a ticket.
(b) Get him a drink.
(c) Pull out a chair.
(d) Take his coat.
3. In Chapter 3, what is Princess Zasyekin involved in?
(a) Several lawsuits.
(b) The mob.
(c) Elite social circles.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
(a) The pursuit of happiness.
5. What does Byelovzorov claim Zinaida's word is in Chapter 4?
(b) A lie.
(d) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear does Vladimir have about his father?
2. Why didn't Vladimir's parents marry?
3. Where is Vladimir's summer home?
4. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
5. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Vladimir is asked to tell his story? Why?
2. How does Vladimir's father die? Where does Vladimir's mother send money to after his death? Who do you think received the money?
3. How does Zinaida want Vladimir to prove his love to her? What is her response?
4. In Chapter 2, what is the woman Vladimir encounters in the garden like?
5. Describe Vladimir's parents as described in Chapter 1.
6. Why does Zinaida stop receiving guests in Chapter 15?
7. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky? Does she love him? Why or why not?
8. Describe the conversation that Zinaida and Vladimir have while winding wool.
9. What does Vladimir accuse Zinaida of in Chapter 18? What is Zinaida's reaction?
10. What are Vladimir's walks in the garden like?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)