|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mme. Petrovich wish Vladimir would focus on?
(b) His studies.
(d) His chess playing.
2. In Chapter 3, what is Princess Zasyekin involved in?
(a) Elite social circles.
(b) The mob.
(c) Several lawsuits.
3. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
(a) She is mean.
(b) She is cold toward them.
(c) She is ridiculously weepy.
(d) She is friendly.
4. How does Vladimir's father treat him?
(a) He fears him.
(b) With love.
(c) He hates him.
(d) With good-humored indifference.
5. What gift does Byelovzorov give Zinaida in Chapter 4?
(b) A necklace.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
2. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
3. What does Vladimir's mother force him to wear to dinner with Princess Zasyekin and Zinaida?
4. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
5. What does the girl do to the people she is speaking to in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Zinaida and Vladimir have while winding wool.
2. How does having so many suitors effect Zinaida?
3. What does Princess Zasyekin want Zinaida to stop drinking? What is Dr. Looshin's response?
4. Describe what you learn about Vladimir's relationship with his father in Chapter 8.
5. What are Vladimir's walks in the garden like?
6. Describe Vladimir's parents as described in Chapter 1.
7. What does Vladimir's mother think about her sons interactions with Zinaida?
8. Describe Zinaida's behavior during dinner at Vladimir's home.
9. What message does Vladimir deliver to Princess Zasyeki? What is her response?
10. Describe the fight between Vladirmir's mother and father in Chapter 20. What was the cause of the fight? What was the result of the fight?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)