|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The boat house.
(d) His room.
2. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) That he left his books in the garden.
(b) That he doesn't like Zinaida.
(c) That Zinaida is in love.
(d) That Zinaida hates him.
3. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
(a) The pursuit of happiness.
4. How much does Byelovzorov offer to pay Vladimir for his ticket?
(a) 20 dollars.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 75 dollars.
(d) 50 rubles.
5. What does Byelovzorov ask for in exchange for his gift to Zinaida?
(a) Her hand.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A hug.
(d) A pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vladimir react when he sees the girl in the garden for the first time?
2. Who does Mme. Petrovich send to speak with Princess Zasyekin in Chapter 3?
3. Who is Fyodor?
4. What does Vladimir shoot on his walks?
5. What does Vladimir watch from his window at the end of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Vladimir's interaction with the young cadet and Zinaida.
2. What happens when Vladimir is asked to tell his story? Why?
3. Describe Princess Zasyekin. What does she want from Vladimir's family?
4. What does the pantry boy tell Vladimir about his parent's fight?
5. What is Vladimir's emotional state at the end of Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 2, what is the woman Vladimir encounters in the garden like?
7. How does Vladimir's father die? Where does Vladimir's mother send money to after his death? Who do you think received the money?
8. On what subject would Zinaida write poetry about? What is Maidanov's response?
9. Describe Zinaida's behavior during dinner at Vladimir's home.
10. What is the game analogies? Whose analogy wins in Chapter 11?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)