|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vladimir feel before dinner with Princess Zasyekin?
2. What is Vladimir afraid of his mother finding out in Chapter 9?
(a) That he wants to move out.
(b) That he broke a window.
(c) That he loves Zinaida.
(d) That he stole some food.
3. Who preforms card tricks at the party at the lodge?
(b) Count Malvesky.
4. What does Byelovzorov ask for in exchange for his gift to Zinaida?
(a) A pie.
(b) Her hand.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A hug.
5. Who is the girl in the garden talking to?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Four old men.
(d) Four young men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mme. Petrovich hope Princess Zasyekin doesn't want?
2. What does Mme. Petrovich wish Vladimir would focus on?
3. Who is Fyodor?
4. In what month do the shutters of the second lodge open?
5. What fear does Vladimir have about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vladimir's father die? Where does Vladimir's mother send money to after his death? Who do you think received the money?
2. Who gives Zinaida a kitten and why does he give her that gift?
3. In Chapter 2, what is the woman Vladimir encounters in the garden like?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Zinaida suggest everyone share with each other in the lodge? What do they end up sharing instead?
5. What does Vladimir's mother think about her sons interactions with Zinaida?
6. Describe what Vladimir catches his father doing during the horseback ride in Chapter 21.
7. What does Princess Zasyekin want Zinaida to stop drinking? What is Dr. Looshin's response?
8. What does Vladimir accuse Zinaida of in Chapter 18? What is Zinaida's reaction?
9. What does Vladimir see when he spies on Zinaida in the garden in Chapter 17?
10. Describe Vladimir's parents as described in Chapter 1.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)