Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 4 where does Vonifaty lead Vladimir?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The garden.
(d) The drawing room.
2. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The boat house.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) His room.
3. What did M. Petrovich hear about Zinaida?
(a) She is charming.
(b) She is cruel.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is married.
4. What nickname does Zinaida call Vladimir throughout the book?
(a) Monsieur Woldemar.
(b) Monsieur Woldy.
(c) Monsieur Voldemort.
(d) Monsieur Moldy Wart.
5. Where is the second lodge located?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) In Moscow.
(c) Next to Vladimir's summer home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mme. Petrovich ask for information about the new neighbor?
2. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir when he finds her in the garden?
3. How old is Vladimir's father?
4. Who preforms card tricks at the party at the lodge?
5. Why does Mme. Petrovich scold Vladimir when he returns home from Princess Zasyekin's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vladimir see when he spies on Zinaida in the garden in Chapter 17?
2. What information is in the anonymous letter Vladimir's mother receives? Who do you think sent the letter?
3. Who does Zinaida say will get her a horse and why does this shock Vladimir?
4. How does Zinaida want Vladimir to prove his love to her? What is her response?
5. Who gives Zinaida a kitten and why does he give her that gift?
6. How does Zinaida treat her suitors in the garden?
7. How does Byelovzorov act at Zinaida's party? What is her reaction to him?
8. What is Vladimir's emotional state at the end of Chapter 7?
9. Describe the poem that Vladimir writes for Zinaida.
10. At the end of Chapter 16, why can't Vladimir sleep?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)