|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who preforms card tricks at the party at the lodge?
(b) Count Malvesky.
2. Who does Vladimir follow home in Chapter 4?
(b) Mme. Petrovich.
(c) His niece.
3. What does Vladimir's father do to him that almost makes him cry?
(a) Caresses him tenderly.
(b) Shakes his hand.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Calls him names.
4. What is the name of the poem Maidanov recites at the party at the lodge?
(a) 'The Thief.'
(b) 'The Muderer.'
(c) 'True Love.'
(d) 'The Rose.'
5. How old is Vladimir's father?
(b) Ten years younger then his mother.
(d) Ten years older then his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
2. In what month do the shutters of the second lodge open?
3. What nickname does Zinaida call Vladimir throughout the book?
4. Why didn't Vladimir's parents marry?
5. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Zinaida and Vladimir's farewell.
2. What is Forfeits?
3. Describe Vladimir's emotions at the start of Chapter 13 and why they change.
4. Describe the story Zinaida tells her guests in Chapter 16.
5. What are Vladimir's walks in the garden like?
6. Describe one guest's reaction to Zinaida's story in Chapter 16.
7. What is Vladimir's reaction in Chapter 17 to what he sees in the garden?
8. Describe Vladimir's character as described in Chapter 1.
9. How does Vladimir's father die? Where does Vladimir's mother send money to after his death? Who do you think received the money?
10. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9? How does he come to this realization?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)