|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vladimir afraid of his mother finding out in Chapter 9?
(a) That he broke a window.
(b) That he loves Zinaida.
(c) That he stole some food.
(d) That he wants to move out.
2. What does Princess Zasyekin beg Mme. Petrovich for in Chapter 3 ?
(a) A place to stay.
(c) A chance to visit.
3. What does Princess Zasyekin thank M. Petrovich for after dinner?
(c) Their protection.
(d) Their hospitality.
4. What was Princess Zasyekin's husband like?
(a) A peasent.
(c) Ugly and rude.
(d) Well-bred but ridiculous.
5. How does Vladimir's mother treat him?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) With love.
(c) She does not notice him.
(d) She hates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vladimir's father treat him?
2. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
3. What is the name of the poem Maidanov recites at the party at the lodge?
4. What did M. Petrovich hear about Zinaida?
5. Vladimir ask his father to join him at what after their walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vladimir's reaction in Chapter 17 to what he sees in the garden?
2. How does Byelovzorov act at Zinaida's party? What is her reaction to him?
3. Describe Vladimir's parents as described in Chapter 1.
4. Describe the story Zinaida tells her guests in Chapter 16.
5. Why does Count Malevsky think Vladimir is a "bad page"?
6. What information is in the anonymous letter Vladimir's mother receives? Who do you think sent the letter?
7. Describe the fight between Vladirmir's mother and father in Chapter 20. What was the cause of the fight? What was the result of the fight?
8. Describe what Vladimir catches his father doing during the horseback ride in Chapter 21.
9. What does Vladimir's mother think about her sons interactions with Zinaida?
10. What are Vladimir's walks in the garden like?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)