|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
2. Where is Vladimir's summer home?
3. Who does Mme. Petrovich ask for information about the new neighbor?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her maid.
(c) Her butler.
(d) Her cook.
4. In Chapter 7, what does Zinaida instruct Count Malevsky to do for Vladimir?
(a) Write a ticket.
(b) Get him a drink.
(c) Take his coat.
(d) Pull out a chair.
5. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
(a) He has a mustache.
(b) He is rude.
(c) Because she looks down on him.
(d) He is too smart for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who restrained Vladimir's mother from fetching Vladimir from the party?
2. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
3. What was Princess Zasyekin's husband like?
4. Where is the second lodge located?
5. What does Vladimir's mother force him to wear to dinner with Princess Zasyekin and Zinaida?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zinaida treat her suitors in the garden?
2. Describe Princess Zasyekin's husband.
3. How does Vladimir's father die? Where does Vladimir's mother send money to after his death? Who do you think received the money?
4. In Chapter 2, what is the woman Vladimir encounters in the garden like?
5. How does Byelovzorov act at Zinaida's party? What is her reaction to him?
6. Describe Vladimir's parents as described in Chapter 1.
7. What does the pantry boy tell Vladimir about his parent's fight?
8. Describe the fight between Vladirmir's mother and father in Chapter 20. What was the cause of the fight? What was the result of the fight?
9. What are Vladimir's walks in the garden like?
10. Describe one guest's reaction to Zinaida's story in Chapter 16.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)