|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
(a) He died at war.
(b) He died in a plane crash.
(c) He gambled away their money.
(d) He became Tzar.
2. Who sits in the corner during the party in Chapter 7?
(c) The Princess.
3. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir?
(a) She makes fun of him.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She hits him.
4. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
5. Where is Vladimir's summer home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Byelovzorov offer to pay Vladimir for his ticket?
2. What does Vladimir's father say will make a man free?
3. What does Mme. Petrovich hope Princess Zasyekin doesn't want?
4. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
5. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky? Does she love him? Why or why not?
2. Who does Vladimir see riding together at the end of Chapter 14? Why is this significant?
3. In the prologue, what does the host want to guests to discuss? Describe Nicolayevich's story.
4. At the start of Chapter 7, Vladimir walks into a party at Zinaida's house. What does he see when he first arrives?
5. Why does Zinaida stop receiving guests in Chapter 15?
6. Describe the conversation that Zinaida and Vladimir have while winding wool.
7. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9? How does he come to this realization?
8. What is Princess Zasyekin's reaction to Vladimir's family leaving? What does Vladimir's mother tell her the reason is?
9. How does Zinaida love Vladimir?
10. What advice does Vladimir's father give him while they walk through the garden?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)