|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vladimir shoot on his walks?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
(d) The pursuit of happiness.
3. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir?
(a) She hits him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She makes fun of him.
(d) She yells at him.
4. What does Mme. Petrovich make Vladimir tell her about at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) His evening at Princess Zasyekin's.
(b) His opinion of M. Petrovich
(c) The history of Russia.
(d) His time at the garden.
5. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) Around the stables.
(c) In the garden.
(d) On the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
2. What does Mme. Petrovich hope Princess Zasyekin doesn't want?
3. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
4. How old is Vladimir's father?
5. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vladimir see when he spies on Zinaida in the garden in Chapter 17?
2. What information is in the anonymous letter Vladimir's mother receives? Who do you think sent the letter?
3. What happens during Vladimir's father's first meeting with Zinaida? What is Vladimir's reaction?
4. Describe the conversation that Zinaida and Vladimir have while winding wool.
5. How does Zinaida want Vladimir to prove his love to her? What is her response?
6. Describe Zinaida and Vladimir's farewell.
7. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9? How does he come to this realization?
8. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
9. Describe Vladimir's character as described in Chapter 1.
10. Who gives Zinaida a kitten and why does he give her that gift?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)