|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinaida learn in Chapter 9?
(a) That she is going to college.
(b) That her father is returning.
(c) That Vladimir likes her.
(d) That her mother is dying.
2. What does Mme. Petrovich make Vladimir tell her about at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) His evening at Princess Zasyekin's.
(b) His time at the garden.
(c) The history of Russia.
(d) His opinion of M. Petrovich
3. How does Vladimir feel before dinner with Princess Zasyekin?
4. Who does Princess Zasyekin have a run in with in Chapter 9?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her lover.
(c) The police.
(d) Her lawyer.
5. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
(b) Her birthday party.
(c) The lodge.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vladimir help Zinaida do at her house?
2. Who does Mme. Petrovich send to speak with Princess Zasyekin in Chapter 3?
3. What does Dr. Looshin instruct Vladimir to do to Zinaida in Chapter 7?
4. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
5. Who is Byelovzorov?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 7, Vladimir walks into a party at Zinaida's house. What does he see when he first arrives?
2. What does Princess Zasyekin want Zinaida to stop drinking? What is Dr. Looshin's response?
3. Describe Princess Zasyekin's husband.
4. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir in Chapter 9?
5. How does Count Malevsky trick Vladimir into spying on Zinaida?
6. Describe the conversation that Zinaida and Vladimir have while winding wool.
7. Describe one guest's reaction to Zinaida's story in Chapter 16.
8. What is Vladimir's reaction in Chapter 17 to what he sees in the garden?
9. What does Vladimir see when he spies on Zinaida in the garden in Chapter 17?
10. What advice does Dr. Looshin give to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)