|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir to read to her in the garden?
(a) The news.
(b) The bible.
(c) A novel.
2. What does Dr. Looshin instruct Vladimir to do to Zinaida in Chapter 7?
(a) Get her a drink.
(b) Kiss her hand.
(c) Dance with her.
(d) Keep her warm.
3. What does Byelovzorov ask for in exchange for his gift to Zinaida?
(a) A pie.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A hug.
(d) Her hand.
4. Why didn't Vladimir's parents marry?
(a) For looks.
(b) For fame.
(c) For love.
(d) For money.
5. At what time does Zinaida tell Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
2. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
3. Who is the girl in the garden talking to?
4. Who is Fyodor?
5. What does Zinaida learn in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Vladimir's emotions at the start of Chapter 13 and why they change.
2. What is Princess Zasyekin's reaction to Vladimir's family leaving? What does Vladimir's mother tell her the reason is?
3. What happens when Vladimir is asked to tell his story? Why?
4. What does Vladimir's mother think about her sons interactions with Zinaida?
5. Describe what Vladimir catches his father doing during the horseback ride in Chapter 21.
6. At the start of Chapter 7, Vladimir walks into a party at Zinaida's house. What does he see when he first arrives?
7. At the end of Chapter 16, why can't Vladimir sleep?
8. What is Vladimir's mother's impression of Princess Zasyekin?
9. Describe Zinaida's behavior during dinner at Vladimir's home.
10. How does Zinaida love Vladimir?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)