|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did M. Petrovich hear about Zinaida?
(a) She is charming.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is cruel.
2. What gift does Byelovzorov give Zinaida in Chapter 4?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A kitten.
(d) A puppy.
3. Why didn't Vladimir's parents marry?
(a) For looks.
(b) For love.
(c) For money.
(d) For fame.
4. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She whispers in his ear.
(b) She calls him.
(c) She sends a letter.
(d) She sends her mother.
5. How old is Vladimir's father?
(b) Ten years younger then his mother.
(d) Ten years older then his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does the man in the garden tease Vladimir about?
2. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
3. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
4. What does Vladimir's father say is the whole thing in life?
5. Who does Vladimir follow home in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the game analogies? Whose analogy wins in Chapter 11?
2. Describe Vladimir's father's mood when he asks Vladimir to go for a ride.
3. How does having so many suitors effect Zinaida?
4. What message does Vladimir deliver to Princess Zasyeki? What is her response?
5. What does Vladimir's mother think about her sons interactions with Zinaida?
6. Describe Vladimir's character as described in Chapter 1.
7. Describe one guest's reaction to Zinaida's story in Chapter 16.
8. What is Vladimir's mother's impression of Princess Zasyekin?
9. On what subject would Zinaida write poetry about? What is Maidanov's response?
10. Who gives Zinaida a kitten and why does he give her that gift?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)