|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotions does Vladimir feel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Jealousy and depression.
(b) Excitement and fear.
(c) Joy and happiness.
(d) Sadness and sorrow.
2. What does Vladimir's mother force him to wear to dinner with Princess Zasyekin and Zinaida?
(a) His short jacket.
(b) Flowers in his lapel.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A vest.
3. How much does Byelovzorov offer to pay Vladimir for his ticket?
(a) 75 dollars.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 20 dollars.
4. How does Vladimir's mother treat him?
(a) She does not notice him.
(b) With love.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
5. In what month do the shutters of the second lodge open?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
2. What does Vladimir's father say will make a man free?
3. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
4. In Chapter 7, what game is being played at the party when Vladimir arrives?
5. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky? Does she love him? Why or why not?
2. What does the pantry boy tell Vladimir about his parent's fight?
3. Describe the conversation that Zinaida and Vladimir have while winding wool.
4. What happens during Vladimir's father's first meeting with Zinaida? What is Vladimir's reaction?
5. Describe Princess Zasyekin. What does she want from Vladimir's family?
6. What does Princess Zasyekin want Zinaida to stop drinking? What is Dr. Looshin's response?
7. Describe Vladimir's emotions at the start of Chapter 13 and why they change.
8. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir in Chapter 9?
9. What work does Vladimir do for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
10. Describe the poem that Vladimir writes for Zinaida.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)