|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, whose image is in Vladimir's mind as he sleeps?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(b) Princess Zasyekin.
(d) Count Malevsky.
2. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir to read to her in the garden?
(a) The news.
(b) A novel.
(d) The bible.
3. Why didn't Vladimir's parents marry?
(a) For fame.
(b) For love.
(c) For looks.
(d) For money.
4. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
(a) Tall and fat.
(b) Short and fat.
(c) Short and slender.
(d) Tall and slender.
5. Who does Mme. Petrovich send to speak with Princess Zasyekin in Chapter 3?
(a) Her butler.
(b) Sergey Nicolayevich.
(c) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir when he finds her in the garden?
3. What does Princess Zasyekin beg Mme. Petrovich for in Chapter 3 ?
4. What does Vladimir's father foresee in his future?
5. How much does Byelovzorov offer to pay Vladimir for his ticket?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Count Malevsky trick Vladimir into spying on Zinaida?
2. How does Vladimir's father die? Where does Vladimir's mother send money to after his death? Who do you think received the money?
3. What advice does Vladimir's father give him while they walk through the garden?
4. Who does Zinaida say will get her a horse and why does this shock Vladimir?
5. Why does Zinaida stop receiving guests in Chapter 15?
6. What is Princess Zasyekin's reaction to Vladimir's family leaving? What does Vladimir's mother tell her the reason is?
7. Describe Vladimir's interaction with the young cadet and Zinaida.
8. Describe Vladimir's character as described in Chapter 1.
9. Describe Princess Zasyekin's husband.
10. Describe Zinaida's behavior during dinner at Vladimir's home.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)