|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose words of wisdom about sacrifice does Vladimir recall in Chapter 20?
(a) Princess Zasyekin.
(c) Dr. Looshin.
2. Why does Mme. Petrovich tell Princess Zasyekin she must leave suddenly?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A family emergency.
(c) A family death.
3. Which Shakespearean character is Vladimir compared to in Chapter 17?
4. What does M. Petrovich convince his wife not to do in Chapter 20?
(a) Start a scandal.
(b) Sue for alimony.
(c) Move to town.
(d) Divorce him.
5. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Vladimir wonder about?
(a) Who the man in Zinaida's story is.
(b) When he will see Zinaida next.
(c) Who will win the battle for Zinaida's heart.
(d) What the weather will be like tomorrow.
6. Who does Vladimir see while spying in the garden?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Princess Zasyekin.
(d) Dr. Looshin.
7. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir in the garden in Chapter 15?
(a) If she has changed.
(b) If she is pretty.
(c) If he still loves her.
(d) If his father is single.
8. Who does Zinaida invite to go riding with her in Chapter 13?
(a) Dr. Looshin and Count Malevsky.
(b) Vladimir's mother.
(c) Dr. Looshin.
(d) Count Malevsky, Byelovzorov and Vladimir.
9. Which of Zinaida's suitors disappears?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(c) M. Petrovich.
10. At the start of Chapter 17, who gets into a cab?
(a) Zinaida and Princess Zasyekin.
(c) Vladimir and Zinaida.
(d) Vladimir's mother.
11. Who does Vladimir know he is destined to see again?
(b) Dr. Looshin.
(d) Princess Zasyekin.
12. What ailment is Vladimir suffering from at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) A headache.
(b) The measels.
(c) The mumps.
(d) A cold.
13. What does Vladimir think of Dr. Looshin?
(a) He is frightened yet attracted to him.
(b) He thinks that he should marry Princess Zasyekin.
(c) He doesn't like him.
(d) He thinks he is a nice guy.
14. What is Byelovzorov unable to find for Zinaida in Chapter 13?
(a) A fan.
(b) An acceptable suitor.
(c) A quiet horse.
(d) A cold drink.
15. In Chapter 17, what does Vladimir see when he looks at Zinaida's window?
(a) The window was dark.
(b) The blinds close.
(c) A man's face.
(d) A candle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who does Vladimir eat dinner with?
2. When does Vladimir go to the spy in Chapter 17?
3. Where do the characters gather at the start of Chapter 16?
4. What advice would Dr. Looshin give the woman in Zinadia's story?
5. How does Dr. Looshin's behavior change in Chapter 10?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)