|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinaida yank from Vladimir?
(a) His watch.
(b) His tie.
(c) His hair.
(d) His necklace.
2. In Chapter 11, why did guests gather at the Zasyekins' lodge?
(a) To dance.
(b) To play cards.
(c) To discuss Maidanov's poetry.
(d) To read news.
3. What game does Zinaida want to play in Chapter 11?
4. Who has Vladimir not seen at the start of Chapter 15?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
5. In what style will Maidanov rewrite Zinaida's poem?
(b) Byronic style.
6. Where does Count Malevsky suggest Vladimir spy?
(a) At the fountain.
(b) In Moscow.
(c) At the stable.
(d) At the lodge.
7. Who does Zinaida say will deliver her a horse for her to ride?
(a) Vladimir's father.
(b) Count Malevsky.
(c) Vladimir's mother.
8. What is Vladimir's response the question Zinaida asks in the garden?
(a) That he no longer loves her.
(b) That she is pretty.
(c) That she has changed.
(d) That his father is married.
9. Who did Vladimir's father have an affair with?
(b) No one.
(d) Princess Zasyekin.
10. What must Vladimir do when he sees Zinaida in the window in Chapter 20?
(a) Throws a rock at the window.
(b) Say a final goodbye.
(d) Turn his back.
11. Who does Vladimir know he is destined to see again?
(a) Princess Zasyekin.
(d) Dr. Looshin.
12. What does Princess Zasyekin ask her daughter about the horse?
(a) If it is a thoroughbred.
(b) Where the money to pay for it will come from.
(c) How old the horse is.
(d) What color the horse is.
13. In Chapter 17, what does Vladimir see when he looks at Zinaida's window?
(a) A man's face.
(b) The blinds close.
(c) The window was dark.
(d) A candle.
14. How did Vladimir's mother learn of the affair?
(a) A phone call.
(b) No one told her.
(c) Gossip in town.
(d) An anonymous letter.
15. Which of Zinaida's suitors disappears?
(a) M. Petrovich.
(d) Dr. Looshin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mme. Petrovich say she is going to move?
2. At the start of Chapter 18, what is Vladimir's emotional condition?
3. What does Zinaida claim at the start of Chapter 15?
4. How does Zinadia respond when Count Malevsky asks if her story is fiction?
5. How would Maidanov respond to the man in Zinadia's story?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)