|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Vladimir see riding horses with Zinaida in Chapter 14?
(a) Count Malevsky.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) Princess Zasyekin.
2. In Chapter 15, what does Zinaida admit to Vladimir about her behavior?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she has been cold towards him.
(c) That she is sad.
(d) That she is playing hard to get.
3. What does Zinaida want everyone to share in Chapter 16?
(a) Their family tree.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their dreams.
(d) Their dessert.
4. Which of Zinaida's suitors does Vladimir consider the most dangerous?
(b) Dr. Looshin.
(c) Count Malevsky.
(d) The butler.
5. What does Zinaida yank from Vladimir?
(a) His tie.
(b) His hair.
(c) His watch.
(d) His necklace.
6. How does Vladimir feel at the start of Chapter 13?
(b) Confused yet excited.
(c) Happy and proud.
(d) Sad and lonely.
7. Who does M. Petrovich ban from his house forever?
(b) The butler.
(c) Mme. Petrovich.
(d) Count Malevsky.
8. Where does Mme. Petrovich say she is going to move?
(a) To America.
(b) Back to the town.
(c) To the country.
(d) Into the lodge.
9. What does Vladimir think of Dr. Looshin?
(a) He doesn't like him.
(b) He is frightened yet attracted to him.
(c) He thinks he is a nice guy.
(d) He thinks that he should marry Princess Zasyekin.
10. After Zinaida receives Vladimir in Chapter 13, what does Vladimir realize?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She sees him as a child.
(c) She pities him.
(d) She loves him.
11. What ailment is Vladimir suffering from at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) The measels.
(b) A cold.
(c) A headache.
(d) The mumps.
12. What does Vladimir accuse Zinaida of in Chapter 18?
(b) Toying with him.
(c) Lying to him.
(d) Being mean to her mother.
13. What does Vladimir drop in the grass while spying?
(a) His pencil.
(b) His knife.
(c) His sandwich.
(d) His flashlight.
14. What game does Zinaida want to play in Chapter 11?
15. In Chapter 29, what does Vladimir promise Zinaida?
(a) That he will always love her.
(b) That he will return for her.
(c) That he will ruin her life.
(d) That he will hate her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Vladimir not seen at the start of Chapter 15?
2. In Chapter 17 what does Vladimir carry in his pocket?
3. At the start of Chapter 18, what is Vladimir's emotional condition?
4. How did Vladimir's mother learn of the affair?
5. Where does Count Malevsky suggest Vladimir spy?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)