|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why did guests gather at the Zasyekins' lodge?
(a) To read news.
(b) To dance.
(c) To discuss Maidanov's poetry.
(d) To play cards.
2. Who does Zinaida invite to go riding with her in Chapter 13?
(a) Count Malevsky, Byelovzorov and Vladimir.
(b) Vladimir's mother.
(c) Dr. Looshin.
(d) Dr. Looshin and Count Malevsky.
3. What must Vladimir do when he sees Zinaida in the window in Chapter 20?
(a) Turn his back.
(c) Say a final goodbye.
(d) Throws a rock at the window.
4. What does Zinaida want everyone to share in Chapter 16?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their dreams.
(c) Their family tree.
(d) Their dessert.
5. Who has Vladimir not seen at the start of Chapter 15?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
6. How does Vladimir feel at the start of Chapter 13?
(a) Happy and proud.
(b) Confused yet excited.
(d) Sad and lonely.
7. Who does M. Petrovich ban from his house forever?
(a) Count Malevsky.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mme. Petrovich.
8. What does Vladimir drop in the grass while spying?
(a) His knife.
(b) His sandwich.
(c) His flashlight.
(d) His pencil.
9. Where do the characters gather at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) The river.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The lodge.
10. In Chapter 19, who does Vladimir eat dinner with?
(a) His father.
(b) Dr. Looshin.
(c) No one.
(d) His mother.
11. Who tries to prevent Mme. Petrovich from moving?
(a) The pantry boy.
(b) Her butler.
(c) M. Petrovich.
12. What does Vladimir think of Dr. Looshin?
(a) He doesn't like him.
(b) He thinks he is a nice guy.
(c) He is frightened yet attracted to him.
(d) He thinks that he should marry Princess Zasyekin.
13. After Zinaida receives Vladimir in Chapter 13, what does Vladimir realize?
(a) She sees him as a child.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She pities him.
14. How does Vladimir's mother behave at lunch?
15. Who did Vladimir's father have an affair with?
(a) No one.
(b) Princess Zasyekin.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 17, who gets into a cab?
2. In what style will Maidanov rewrite Zinaida's poem?
3. Who discovers Vladimir keeping a close eye on Zinaida?
4. At the end of Chapter 16, what does Vladimir wonder about?
5. Who would loan the man in Zinadia's story money with interest?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)