|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vladimir feel at the start of Chapter 13?
(b) Happy and proud.
(c) Confused yet excited.
(d) Sad and lonely.
2. What does Vladimir wear around his neck instead of a tie?
(b) A necklace.
(c) A piece of rope.
(d) Zinaida's ribbon.
3. Who visits Vladmir's house in Chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(b) Zinadia and Princess Zasyekin.
(c) Pyotr Petrovich.
(d) Count Malevsky.
4. In Chapter 17 what does Vladimir carry in his pocket?
(a) A pen knife.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A sandwich.
5. What happens when Vladimir returns home at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) He goes for a ride.
(b) He can't sleep.
(c) He eats dinner.
(d) He speaks to his mother.
6. Which Shakespearean character is Vladimir compared to in Chapter 17?
7. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir in the garden in Chapter 15?
(a) If she is pretty.
(b) If his father is single.
(c) If she has changed.
(d) If he still loves her.
8. When does Vladimir go to the spy in Chapter 17?
9. Where do the characters gather at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) The lodge.
(b) The garden.
(c) The river.
(d) The kitchen.
10. Why does Vladimir turn down Zinaida's invitation to go riding?
(a) He broke his leg.
(b) He does not like large crowds.
(c) He is afraid of horses.
(d) He has a date.
11. What does Princess Zasyekin ask her daughter about the horse?
(a) Where the money to pay for it will come from.
(b) What color the horse is.
(c) If it is a thoroughbred.
(d) How old the horse is.
12. What game does Zinaida want to play in Chapter 11?
13. How did Vladimir's mother learn of the affair?
(a) Gossip in town.
(b) A phone call.
(c) No one told her.
(d) An anonymous letter.
14. In Chapter 11, why did guests gather at the Zasyekins' lodge?
(a) To dance.
(b) To discuss Maidanov's poetry.
(c) To read news.
(d) To play cards.
15. How does Zinaida receive Vladimir at the start of Chapter 13?
(d) Without emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mme. Petrovich tell Princess Zasyekin she must leave suddenly?
2. Who does Vladimir see while spying in the garden?
3. When Zinadia asks her guests to tell stories, what member of royalty does Zinaida tell a story about?
4. Why does Vladimir not speak with Zinaida in Chapter 18?
5. What does Vladimir hear while in the garden in Chapter 17, alerting him to another person's presence?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)