|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vladimir's response the question Zinaida asks in the garden?
(a) That he no longer loves her.
(b) That his father is married.
(c) That she has changed.
(d) That she is pretty.
2. Who does Zinaida invite to go riding with her in Chapter 13?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(b) Dr. Looshin and Count Malevsky.
(c) Count Malevsky, Byelovzorov and Vladimir.
(d) Vladimir's mother.
3. What does Zinaida want everyone to share in Chapter 16?
(a) Their dessert.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their dreams.
(d) Their family tree.
4. What does Zinaida give Vladimir after he makes his promise?
(a) A piece of her hair.
(b) A passionate kiss.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A cold stare.
5. After Zinaida receives Vladimir in Chapter 13, what does Vladimir realize?
(a) She pities him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She sees him as a child.
6. Why does Zinaida ask Vladimir to the garden in Chapter 15?
(a) To profess her love to him.
(b) To fight.
(c) To gossip.
(d) To play.
7. In Chapter 19, what does the pantry boy tell Vladimir?
(a) Zinaida came looking for him.
(b) His parents are selling the house.
(c) His parents had a fight.
(d) He is quitting his job.
8. While spying, what does Vladimir climb up on in the garden?
(a) The bench.
(b) The roof of the stable.
(c) The roof of the greenhouse.
(d) The fountain.
9. What is Byelovzorov unable to find for Zinaida in Chapter 13?
(a) An acceptable suitor.
(b) A quiet horse.
(c) A cold drink.
(d) A fan.
10. What does Zinaida claim at the start of Chapter 15?
(a) That she is sick.
(b) That she is very busy.
(c) That she is engaged.
(d) That her horse ran away.
11. What does Zinaida place in Vladimir's buttonhole?
(a) A rose.
(b) A string.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A button.
12. Who sulks in the corner when he visits the lodge?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
13. What does Vladimir drop in the grass while spying?
(a) His sandwich.
(b) His pencil.
(c) His knife.
(d) His flashlight.
14. How does Vladimir's mother behave at lunch?
15. How does Zinaida admit to loving Vladimir?
(a) She loves him deeply.
(b) She loves him like a pet.
(c) She loves him like a wife loves a husband.
(d) She loves him like a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vladimir see while spying in the garden?
2. What is the last line of the poem Vladimir writes?
3. What must Vladimir do when he sees Zinaida in the window in Chapter 20?
4. Why does Maidanov not like Zinaida's idea for a poem?
5. Who visits Vladmir's house in Chapter 17?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)