|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Vladmir's house in Chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(b) Count Malevsky.
(c) Pyotr Petrovich.
(d) Zinadia and Princess Zasyekin.
2. What is Byelovzorov unable to find for Zinaida in Chapter 13?
(a) A quiet horse.
(b) An acceptable suitor.
(c) A cold drink.
(d) A fan.
3. Why does Vladimir turn down Zinaida's invitation to go riding?
(a) He does not like large crowds.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He is afraid of horses.
(d) He has a date.
4. What is Zinaida doing at the start of Chapter 12?
5. Why is Vladimir a bad page?
(a) He yells at his queen.
(b) He does not stay by his queen night and day.
(c) He hurt his queen.
(d) He does not worship his queen.
6. How would Byelovzorov respond to the man in Zinadia's story?
(a) He would congratulate him.
(b) He would challenge him to a duel.
(c) He would stab him.
(d) He would slap him.
7. Where does Count Malevsky suggest Vladimir spy?
(a) At the stable.
(b) At the fountain.
(c) At the lodge.
(d) In Moscow.
8. Who does Vladimir see riding horses with Zinaida in Chapter 14?
(a) Princess Zasyekin.
(b) His mother.
(c) Count Malevsky.
(d) His father.
9. Who has Vladimir not seen at the start of Chapter 15?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
10. In Chapter 16, who does Zinaida ask to leave the party?
(b) Count Malevsky.
(c) Dr. Looshin.
11. In what style will Maidanov rewrite Zinaida's poem?
(b) Byronic style.
12. What does Zinaida place in Vladimir's buttonhole?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A rose.
(c) A string.
(d) A button.
13. How would Maidanov respond to the man in Zinadia's story?
(a) He would challenge him to a duel.
(b) He would write a poem.
(c) He would write a letter.
(d) He would cry.
14. Which Shakespearean character is Vladimir compared to in Chapter 17?
15. What does Vladimir accuse Zinaida of in Chapter 18?
(a) Toying with him.
(b) Being mean to her mother.
(c) Lying to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers Vladimir keeping a close eye on Zinaida?
2. How does Vladimir's mother behave at lunch?
3. What does Zinaida admit to doing to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
4. Which of Zinaida's suitors does Vladimir consider the most dangerous?
5. When Zinadia asks her guests to tell stories, what member of royalty does Zinaida tell a story about?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)