|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers Vladimir keeping a close eye on Zinaida?
(b) Dr. Looshin.
(c) The butler.
(d) Count Malevsky.
2. Who tries to prevent Mme. Petrovich from moving?
(b) M. Petrovich.
(c) Her butler.
(d) The pantry boy.
3. What is Vladimir's response the question Zinaida asks in the garden?
(a) That she has changed.
(b) That his father is married.
(c) That she is pretty.
(d) That he no longer loves her.
4. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir in the garden in Chapter 15?
(a) If she has changed.
(b) If he still loves her.
(c) If she is pretty.
(d) If his father is single.
5. While spying, what does Vladimir climb up on in the garden?
(a) The roof of the greenhouse.
(b) The fountain.
(c) The bench.
(d) The roof of the stable.
6. How does Zinaida receive Vladimir at the start of Chapter 13?
(c) Without emotion.
7. Who sulks in the corner when he visits the lodge?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
8. In Chapter 15, what does Zinaida admit to Vladimir about her behavior?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she has been cold towards him.
(c) That she is playing hard to get.
(d) That she is sad.
9. Which of Zinaida's suitors does Vladimir consider the most dangerous?
(a) The butler.
(b) Dr. Looshin.
(c) Count Malevsky.
10. What is Byelovzorov unable to find for Zinaida in Chapter 13?
(a) An acceptable suitor.
(b) A cold drink.
(c) A fan.
(d) A quiet horse.
11. How does Vladimir's mother behave at lunch?
12. What happens when Vladimir returns home at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) He speaks to his mother.
(b) He eats dinner.
(c) He can't sleep.
(d) He goes for a ride.
13. In Chapter 16 what game do the characters play?
14. When Zinadia asks her guests to tell stories, what member of royalty does Zinaida tell a story about?
(a) A duke.
(b) A queen.
(c) A princess.
(d) A king.
15. Who does Vladimir see riding horses with Zinaida in Chapter 14?
(a) His father.
(b) Count Malevsky.
(c) His mother.
(d) Princess Zasyekin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Vladimir's father have an affair with?
2. Which Shakespearean character is Vladimir compared to in Chapter 17?
3. Who does Vladimir see while spying in the garden?
4. How does Zinadia respond when Count Malevsky asks if her story is fiction?
5. How would Maidanov respond to the man in Zinadia's story?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)