|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who does Vladimir eat dinner with?
(a) His mother.
(b) Dr. Looshin.
(c) His father.
(d) No one.
2. What does the young cadet make with Vladimir's knife?
(a) A carving.
(c) A sculpture.
(d) A whistle.
3. What advice would Dr. Looshin give the woman in Zinadia's story?
(a) Not to throw balls if her feet hurt.
(b) Not to speak to men.
(c) Not to throw balls if she wasn't in the mood.
(d) Not to flirt.
4. Why does Vladimir not speak with Zinaida in Chapter 18?
(a) Her brother is present.
(b) She is not home.
(c) Her mother is present.
(d) She is busy.
5. Who sulks in the corner when he visits the lodge?
(d) Dr. Looshin.
6. In Chapter 14, who chases Zinaida on a horse?
(a) Count Malevsky.
(b) Vladimir's father.
(c) Princess Zasyekin.
7. Where does Mme. Petrovich say she is going to move?
(a) Into the lodge.
(b) To the country.
(c) Back to the town.
(d) To America.
8. Where does Vladimir find his father after he sees Zinaida on the horse?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the stable.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At dinner with his mother.
9. What does Zinaida want everyone to share in Chapter 16?
(a) Their dessert.
(b) Their dreams.
(c) Their family tree.
(d) Their food.
10. Whose words of wisdom about sacrifice does Vladimir recall in Chapter 20?
(b) Dr. Looshin.
(d) Princess Zasyekin.
11. In Chapter 15, what does Zinaida admit to Vladimir about her behavior?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she has been cold towards him.
(c) That she is sad.
(d) That she is playing hard to get.
12. What is Zinaida doing at the start of Chapter 12?
13. In Chapter 17 what does Vladimir carry in his pocket?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A pen knife.
(d) A flashlight.
14. What is Vladimir's response the question Zinaida asks in the garden?
(a) That he no longer loves her.
(b) That she is pretty.
(c) That she has changed.
(d) That his father is married.
15. In what style will Maidanov rewrite Zinaida's poem?
(b) Byronic style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinaida admit to doing to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
2. How does Vladimir's mother behave at lunch?
3. How would Maidanov respond to the man in Zinadia's story?
4. Which suitor begins to wait on Princess Zasyekin?
5. What does Zinaida place in Vladimir's buttonhole?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)