|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sulks in the corner when he visits the lodge?
(c) Dr. Looshin.
2. Who does M. Petrovich ban from his house forever?
(a) Mme. Petrovich.
(c) Count Malevsky.
(d) The butler.
3. What does Zinaida yank from Vladimir?
(a) His necklace.
(b) His hair.
(c) His watch.
(d) His tie.
4. What is Zinaida doing at the start of Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 14, who chases Zinaida on a horse?
(b) Count Malevsky.
(c) Princess Zasyekin.
(d) Vladimir's father.
6. What does Dr. Looshin claim Zinaida should not drink?
(c) Ice water.
7. When does Vladimir go to the spy in Chapter 17?
8. Why does Vladimir not speak with Zinaida in Chapter 18?
(a) She is busy.
(b) Her mother is present.
(c) She is not home.
(d) Her brother is present.
9. In Chapter 19, who does Vladimir eat dinner with?
(a) No one.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) Dr. Looshin.
10. In Chapter 15, what does Zinaida admit to Vladimir about her behavior?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she is playing hard to get.
(c) That she has been cold towards him.
(d) That she is sad.
11. At the start of Chapter 18, what is Vladimir's emotional condition?
12. How does Zinadia respond when Count Malevsky asks if her story is fiction?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She does not respond.
(c) She says yes.
(d) She cries.
13. What does Vladimir accuse Zinaida of in Chapter 18?
(b) Lying to him.
(c) Toying with him.
(d) Being mean to her mother.
14. Who would loan the man in Zinadia's story money with interest?
(a) Captain Nirmatsky.
(b) Dr. Looshin.
15. What game does Zinaida want to play in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why did guests gather at the Zasyekins' lodge?
2. In Chapter 16 what game do the characters play?
3. What is Byelovzorov unable to find for Zinaida in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Zinaida chide Vladimir in Chapter 10?
5. What does Zinaida admit to doing to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)