|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vladimir a bad page?
(a) He does not stay by his queen night and day.
(b) He hurt his queen.
(c) He does not worship his queen.
(d) He yells at his queen.
2. Why does Vladimir turn down Zinaida's invitation to go riding?
(a) He is afraid of horses.
(b) He does not like large crowds.
(c) He broke his leg.
(d) He has a date.
3. What does Zinaida want everyone to share in Chapter 16?
(a) Their dessert.
(b) Their family tree.
(c) Their dreams.
(d) Their food.
4. In Chapter 16 what game do the characters play?
5. Who sulks in the corner when he visits the lodge?
(d) Dr. Looshin.
6. What is Vladimir's response the question Zinaida asks in the garden?
(a) That his father is married.
(b) That she has changed.
(c) That he no longer loves her.
(d) That she is pretty.
7. Who does Zinaida invite to go riding with her in Chapter 13?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(b) Count Malevsky, Byelovzorov and Vladimir.
(c) Dr. Looshin and Count Malevsky.
(d) Vladimir's mother.
8. In Chapter 12, what does Zinaida ask Vladimir to do in order to prove his love?
(a) Shout at the top of his lungs.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Jump from a wall.
(d) Buy her a kitten.
9. What does Zinaida claim at the start of Chapter 15?
(a) That she is sick.
(b) That her horse ran away.
(c) That she is very busy.
(d) That she is engaged.
10. Who does Zinaida say will deliver her a horse for her to ride?
(a) Vladimir's father.
(c) Vladimir's mother.
(d) Count Malevsky.
11. While spying, what does Vladimir climb up on in the garden?
(a) The roof of the greenhouse.
(b) The bench.
(c) The fountain.
(d) The roof of the stable.
12. What does Dr. Looshin claim Zinaida should not drink?
(b) Ice water.
13. What does Vladimir drop in the grass while spying?
(a) His flashlight.
(b) His pencil.
(c) His sandwich.
(d) His knife.
14. What game does Zinaida want to play in Chapter 11?
15. What happens when Vladimir returns home at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) He can't sleep.
(b) He speaks to his mother.
(c) He eats dinner.
(d) He goes for a ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why did guests gather at the Zasyekins' lodge?
2. What does Zinaida admit to doing to Vladimir in Chapter 20?
3. Who discovers Vladimir keeping a close eye on Zinaida?
4. Who would loan the man in Zinadia's story money with interest?
5. Who does Vladimir see while spying in the garden?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)