|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Zinaida receives Vladimir in Chapter 13, what does Vladimir realize?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She sees him as a child.
(c) She pities him.
(d) She hates him.
2. In Chapter 17, what does Vladimir see when he looks at Zinaida's window?
(a) The window was dark.
(b) The blinds close.
(c) A man's face.
(d) A candle.
3. Whose words of wisdom about sacrifice does Vladimir recall in Chapter 20?
(a) Princess Zasyekin.
(c) Dr. Looshin.
4. Who does Zinaida say will deliver her a horse for her to ride?
(a) Vladimir's father.
(c) Vladimir's mother.
(d) Count Malevsky.
5. What does the young cadet make with Vladimir's knife?
(b) A whistle.
(c) A carving.
(d) A sculpture.
6. Why does Zinaida ask Vladimir to the garden in Chapter 15?
(a) To fight.
(b) To profess her love to him.
(c) To gossip.
(d) To play.
7. What does Zinaida claim at the start of Chapter 15?
(a) That she is engaged.
(b) That she is sick.
(c) That she is very busy.
(d) That her horse ran away.
8. In Chapter 16 what game do the characters play?
9. What does Vladimir think of Dr. Looshin?
(a) He thinks he is a nice guy.
(b) He thinks that he should marry Princess Zasyekin.
(c) He is frightened yet attracted to him.
(d) He doesn't like him.
10. Which of Zinaida's suitors does Vladimir consider the most dangerous?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(b) The butler.
(d) Count Malevsky.
11. What does Vladimir accuse Zinaida of in Chapter 18?
(a) Being mean to her mother.
(c) Toying with him.
(d) Lying to him.
12. Which Shakespearean character is Vladimir compared to in Chapter 17?
13. Who has Vladimir not seen at the start of Chapter 15?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
14. What ailment is Vladimir suffering from at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) A headache.
(b) The measels.
(c) The mumps.
(d) A cold.
15. When does Vladimir go to the spy in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vladimir drop in the grass while spying?
2. Why is Vladimir a bad page?
3. How does Zinadia respond when Count Malevsky asks if her story is fiction?
4. Who visits Vladmir's house in Chapter 17?
5. What does Zinaida place in Vladimir's buttonhole?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)