|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinaida want everyone to share in Chapter 16?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their dreams.
(c) Their family tree.
(d) Their dessert.
2. Why does Vladimir turn down Zinaida's invitation to go riding?
(a) He broke his leg.
(b) He is afraid of horses.
(c) He has a date.
(d) He does not like large crowds.
3. How did Vladimir's mother learn of the affair?
(a) An anonymous letter.
(b) A phone call.
(c) Gossip in town.
(d) No one told her.
4. What advice would Dr. Looshin give the woman in Zinadia's story?
(a) Not to flirt.
(b) Not to throw balls if she wasn't in the mood.
(c) Not to speak to men.
(d) Not to throw balls if her feet hurt.
5. What does Vladimir accuse Zinaida of in Chapter 18?
(a) Toying with him.
(c) Being mean to her mother.
(d) Lying to him.
6. In Chapter 19, who does Vladimir eat dinner with?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Dr. Looshin.
(d) No one.
7. How does Zinadia respond when Count Malevsky asks if her story is fiction?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She says yes.
(c) She does not respond.
(d) She cries.
8. Why is Vladimir a bad page?
(a) He does not worship his queen.
(b) He yells at his queen.
(c) He hurt his queen.
(d) He does not stay by his queen night and day.
9. In Chapter 14, who chases Zinaida on a horse?
(a) Vladimir's father.
(c) Count Malevsky.
(d) Princess Zasyekin.
10. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir in the garden in Chapter 15?
(a) If his father is single.
(b) If he still loves her.
(c) If she has changed.
(d) If she is pretty.
11. What does Zinaida yank from Vladimir?
(a) His necklace.
(b) His watch.
(c) His tie.
(d) His hair.
12. What ailment is Vladimir suffering from at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) A headache.
(b) A cold.
(c) The mumps.
(d) The measels.
13. When Zinadia asks her guests to tell stories, what member of royalty does Zinaida tell a story about?
(a) A queen.
(b) A duke.
(c) A king.
(d) A princess.
14. Which suitor begins to wait on Princess Zasyekin?
(b) Dr. Looshin.
(c) Count Malevsky.
15. How would Byelovzorov respond to the man in Zinadia's story?
(a) He would stab him.
(b) He would slap him.
(c) He would congratulate him.
(d) He would challenge him to a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose words of wisdom about sacrifice does Vladimir recall in Chapter 20?
2. In Chapter 19, what does the pantry boy tell Vladimir?
3. Why does Vladimir not speak with Zinaida in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 15, who no longer visits the lodge?
5. Who discovers Vladimir keeping a close eye on Zinaida?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)