|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Vladimir returns home at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) He eats dinner.
(b) He speaks to his mother.
(c) He goes for a ride.
(d) He can't sleep.
2. Why does Mme. Petrovich tell Princess Zasyekin she must leave suddenly?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A family emergency.
(c) A family death.
3. In Chapter 15, what does Zinaida admit to Vladimir about her behavior?
(a) That she is playing hard to get.
(b) That she has been cold towards him.
(c) That she is sad.
(d) That she wants to marry him.
4. Why does Vladimir turn down Zinaida's invitation to go riding?
(a) He is afraid of horses.
(b) He has a date.
(c) He does not like large crowds.
(d) He broke his leg.
5. Where do the characters gather at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) The lodge.
(b) The river.
(c) The garden.
(d) The kitchen.
6. Who does Zinaida invite to go riding with her in Chapter 13?
(a) Vladimir's mother.
(b) Dr. Looshin and Count Malevsky.
(c) Count Malevsky, Byelovzorov and Vladimir.
(d) Dr. Looshin.
7. At the start of Chapter 17, who gets into a cab?
(a) Zinaida and Princess Zasyekin.
(c) Vladimir and Zinaida.
(d) Vladimir's mother.
8. What does Vladimir think of Dr. Looshin?
(a) He is frightened yet attracted to him.
(b) He thinks he is a nice guy.
(c) He thinks that he should marry Princess Zasyekin.
(d) He doesn't like him.
9. What does Zinaida want everyone to share in Chapter 16?
(a) Their dessert.
(b) Their dreams.
(c) Their food.
(d) Their family tree.
10. When Zinadia asks her guests to tell stories, what member of royalty does Zinaida tell a story about?
(a) A princess.
(b) A king.
(c) A queen.
(d) A duke.
11. How does Zinadia respond when Count Malevsky asks if her story is fiction?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She says yes.
(c) She cries.
(d) She does not respond.
12. In Chapter 17 what does Vladimir carry in his pocket?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A pen knife.
13. What does Vladimir drop in the grass while spying?
(a) His knife.
(b) His pencil.
(c) His flashlight.
(d) His sandwich.
14. What does Zinaida yank from Vladimir?
(a) His hair.
(b) His watch.
(c) His tie.
(d) His necklace.
15. Who sulks in the corner when he visits the lodge?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Byelovzorov respond to the man in Zinadia's story?
2. What does Princess Zasyekin ask her daughter about the horse?
3. Why does Zinaida ask Vladimir to the garden in Chapter 15?
4. What does the young cadet make with Vladimir's knife?
5. Who does Vladimir know he is destined to see again?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)