|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Byelovzorov offer to pay Vladimir for his ticket?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 75 dollars.
(c) 20 dollars.
(d) 100 rubles.
2. What does Byelovzorov ask for in exchange for his gift to Zinaida?
(a) Her hand.
(b) A hug.
(c) A pie.
(d) A kiss.
3. At the end of Chapter 7, whose image is in Vladimir's mind as he sleeps?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(b) Princess Zasyekin.
(d) Count Malevsky.
4. How old is Vladimir's father?
(b) Ten years younger then his mother.
(c) Ten years older then his mother.
5. What does Vladimir's father say is the whole thing in life?
(d) Belonging to oneself.
6. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
(b) Her birthday party.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The lodge.
7. What does Vladimir help Zinaida do at her house?
(a) Wind wool.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Comb her hair.
8. What does Princess Zasyekin beg Mme. Petrovich for in Chapter 3 ?
(b) A place to stay.
(d) A chance to visit.
9. Who does Mme. Petrovich send to speak with Princess Zasyekin in Chapter 3?
(b) Her butler.
(c) Sergey Nicolayevich.
(d) Her husband.
10. Why does Mme. Petrovich scold Vladimir when he returns home from Princess Zasyekin's house?
(a) He yelled at her.
(b) He lost his shoes.
(c) He was late.
(d) He did not clean his room.
11. What does Mme. Petrovich think of Princess Zasyekin?
(a) She is mean.
(b) She is tedious.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is exciting.
12. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
(a) Short and slender.
(b) Short and fat.
(c) Tall and slender.
(d) Tall and fat.
13. What does Zinaida learn in Chapter 9?
(a) That she is going to college.
(b) That her father is returning.
(c) That Vladimir likes her.
(d) That her mother is dying.
14. What does Vladimir watch from his window at the end of Chapter 7?
(b) A storm.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Dr. Looshin.
15. Where is Vladimir's summer home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Byelovzorov give Zinaida in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 4, at what time does Princess Zasyekin say she will meet Mme. Petrovich?
3. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
4. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
5. What does Vladimir shoot on his walks?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)