|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
2. How does Vladimir's father treat him?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He fears him.
(c) With love.
(d) With good-humored indifference.
3. Who does Mme. Petrovich send to speak with Princess Zasyekin in Chapter 3?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Sergey Nicolayevich.
(d) Her butler.
4. How does Vladimir feel before dinner with Princess Zasyekin?
5. What is the only thing Vladimir can think of at the start of Chapter 9?
(a) Princess Zasyekin.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
6. What is the name of the poem Maidanov recites at the party at the lodge?
(a) 'The Rose.'
(b) 'True Love.'
(c) 'The Thief.'
(d) 'The Muderer.'
7. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
(a) He gambled away their money.
(b) He died at war.
(c) He died in a plane crash.
(d) He became Tzar.
8. What is Vladimir doing for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Reading to her.
(b) Yard work.
(c) Copying a petition.
(d) Cleaning her house.
9. Who is Byelovzorov?
(a) A writer.
(b) A young officer.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A baker.
10. Who restrained Vladimir's mother from fetching Vladimir from the party?
(a) The butler.
(b) Vladimir's father.
(c) The Princess.
(d) No one.
11. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
(a) She is friendly.
(b) She is cold toward them.
(c) She is ridiculously weepy.
(d) She is mean.
12. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She cries.
13. What does Dr. Looshin instruct Vladimir to do to Zinaida in Chapter 7?
(a) Dance with her.
(b) Keep her warm.
(c) Get her a drink.
(d) Kiss her hand.
14. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
(a) He is too smart for her.
(b) He is rude.
(c) Because she looks down on him.
(d) He has a mustache.
15. What does Vladimir help Zinaida do at her house?
(b) Wind wool.
(c) Cook dinner.
(d) Comb her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinaida learn in Chapter 9?
2. What was Princess Zasyekin's husband like?
3. What fear does Vladimir have about his father?
4. How does Zinaida feel about all of her suitors.
5. In Chapter 7, what does Zinaida instruct Count Malevsky to do for Vladimir?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)