|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the poem Maidanov recites at the party at the lodge?
(a) 'True Love.'
(b) 'The Rose.'
(c) 'The Thief.'
(d) 'The Muderer.'
2. What does Princess Zasyekin thank M. Petrovich for after dinner?
(a) Their hospitality.
(c) Their protection.
3. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
(a) She is ridiculously weepy.
(b) She is mean.
(c) She is friendly.
(d) She is cold toward them.
4. At the end of Chapter 7, whose image is in Vladimir's mind as he sleeps?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(b) Count Malevsky.
(c) Princess Zasyekin.
5. What does Mme. Petrovich think of Princess Zasyekin?
(a) She is tedious.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She is exciting.
(d) She is mean.
6. What does Vladimir help Zinaida do at her house?
(a) Comb her hair.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Wind wool.
7. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
(a) He bows.
(b) He shakes her hand.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He kisses her.
8. What does Vladimir watch from his window at the end of Chapter 7?
(b) Dr. Looshin.
(c) A storm.
(d) The ocean.
9. What does Byelovzorov claim Zinaida's word is in Chapter 4?
(b) A lie.
(c) The truth.
10. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
(a) He died at war.
(b) He gambled away their money.
(c) He died in a plane crash.
(d) He became Tzar.
11. What does Byelovzorov ask for in exchange for his gift to Zinaida?
(a) A kiss.
(b) Her hand.
(c) A hug.
(d) A pie.
12. How many men are at Zinaida's party when Vladimir arrives?
13. What does Vladimir's mother force him to wear to dinner with Princess Zasyekin and Zinaida?
(a) A vest.
(b) Flowers in his lapel.
(c) A top hat.
(d) His short jacket.
14. What gift does Byelovzorov give Zinaida in Chapter 4?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A kitten.
15. How does Vladimir view his father?
(a) As a bad husband.
(b) As a terrible father.
(c) As the ideal man.
(d) As a smart business man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Vladimir can think of at the start of Chapter 9?
2. What is Vladimir afraid of his mother finding out in Chapter 9?
3. Who restrained Vladimir's mother from fetching Vladimir from the party?
4. Where is Vladimir's summer home?
5. Who does Vladimir follow home in Chapter 4?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)