|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vladimir watch from his window at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(b) A storm.
(d) The ocean.
2. Why does Mme. Petrovich believe the Princess is poor?
(a) Because the Princess said she was poor.
(b) Because of the condition of her house.
(c) Because she saw her bank statement.
(d) Because of the car she drives.
3. What was Princess Zasyekin's husband like?
(a) Well-bred but ridiculous.
(b) A peasent.
(c) Ugly and rude.
4. In the prologue, who is sitting with the host after the other guests leave?
(a) Sergey Nicolayevich and Princess Zinaida Zasyekin.
(b) Sergey Nicolayevich and Vladimir Petrovich.
(c) Vladimir Petrovich.
(d) Sergey Nicolayevich.
5. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She sends a letter.
(b) She whispers in his ear.
(c) She sends her mother.
(d) She calls him.
6. What fear does Vladimir have about his father?
(a) That he will hit him.
(b) That he will go bankrupt.
(c) That he will die.
(d) That his father will abandon him.
7. What does Vladimir's father say will make a man free?
(a) One's own will.
8. What does Byelovzorov claim Zinaida's word is in Chapter 4?
(b) The truth.
(d) A lie.
9. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir when he finds her in the garden?
(a) If he loves her.
(b) If he can pick her some flowers.
(c) If her mother was looking for her.
(d) If dinner was ready.
10. What is Vladimir afraid of his mother finding out in Chapter 9?
(a) That he stole some food.
(b) That he broke a window.
(c) That he wants to move out.
(d) That he loves Zinaida.
11. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She kisses him.
12. Who restrained Vladimir's mother from fetching Vladimir from the party?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The butler.
(c) No one.
(d) Vladimir's father.
13. What is the only thing Vladimir can think of at the start of Chapter 9?
(b) Princess Zasyekin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
14. What does Vladimir's mother force him to wear to dinner with Princess Zasyekin and Zinaida?
(a) His short jacket.
(b) Flowers in his lapel.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A vest.
15. In Chapter 7, how does Zinaida say farewell to Vladimir after the party at her house?
(a) She presses his hand.
(b) She blows him a kiss.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mme. Petrovich wish Vladimir would focus on?
2. What nickname does Zinaida call Vladimir throughout the book?
3. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
5. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)