|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir when he finds her in the garden?
(a) If he loves her.
(b) If her mother was looking for her.
(c) If dinner was ready.
(d) If he can pick her some flowers.
2. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
(a) Short and fat.
(b) Short and slender.
(c) Tall and fat.
(d) Tall and slender.
3. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
(a) She cries.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She kisses him.
4. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
(a) The gardens.
(b) To town.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The shore.
5. What does Princess Zasyekin thank M. Petrovich for after dinner?
(b) Their hospitality.
(d) Their protection.
6. How does Vladimir react when he sees the girl in the garden for the first time?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He cries.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He almost faints.
7. What emotions does Vladimir feel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Excitement and fear.
(b) Sadness and sorrow.
(c) Joy and happiness.
(d) Jealousy and depression.
8. Who does Vladimir follow home in Chapter 4?
(a) Mme. Petrovich.
(c) His niece.
9. What does Byelovzorov ask for in exchange for his gift to Zinaida?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A pie.
(c) Her hand.
(d) A hug.
10. What does Mme. Petrovich think of Princess Zasyekin?
(a) She is mean.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She is exciting.
(d) She is tedious.
11. What does Vladimir's father do to him that almost makes him cry?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Shakes his hand.
(c) Caresses him tenderly.
(d) Calls him names.
12. What does Vladimir's mother force him to wear to dinner with Princess Zasyekin and Zinaida?
(a) Flowers in his lapel.
(b) A vest.
(c) A top hat.
(d) His short jacket.
13. Who does Princess Zasyekin have a run in with in Chapter 9?
(a) Her lover.
(b) The police.
(c) Her lawyer.
(d) Her ex-husband.
14. What was Princess Zasyekin's husband like?
(a) Ugly and rude.
(b) Well-bred but ridiculous.
(d) A peasent.
15. What does Vladimir's father say is the whole thing in life?
(d) Belonging to oneself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vladimir view his father?
2. How old is Vladimir's father?
3. What does Byelovzorov claim Zinaida's word is in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Mme. Petrovich scold Vladimir when he returns home from Princess Zasyekin's house?
5. What does the girl do to the people she is speaking to in the garden?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)