|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byelovzorov ask for in exchange for his gift to Zinaida?
(a) A pie.
(b) A hug.
(c) Her hand.
(d) A kiss.
2. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir?
(a) She hits him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She makes fun of him.
(d) She yells at him.
3. Who does Vladimir follow home in Chapter 4?
(a) Mme. Petrovich.
(c) His niece.
4. How many men are at Zinaida's party when Vladimir arrives?
5. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir to read to her in the garden?
(a) A novel.
(b) The news.
(c) The bible.
6. What does Dr. Looshin instruct Vladimir to do to Zinaida in Chapter 7?
(a) Keep her warm.
(b) Get her a drink.
(c) Kiss her hand.
(d) Dance with her.
7. In Chapter 7, how does Zinaida say farewell to Vladimir after the party at her house?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She blows him a kiss.
(c) She waves.
(d) She presses his hand.
8. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
(a) She is ridiculously weepy.
(b) She is friendly.
(c) She is cold toward them.
(d) She is mean.
9. Who is the girl in the garden talking to?
(a) Four old men.
(b) Her father.
(c) Four young men.
(d) Her mother.
10. How much does Byelovzorov offer to pay Vladimir for his ticket?
(a) 20 dollars.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 75 dollars.
(d) 100 rubles.
11. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir when he finds her in the garden?
(a) If her mother was looking for her.
(b) If dinner was ready.
(c) If he loves her.
(d) If he can pick her some flowers.
12. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) That he doesn't like Zinaida.
(b) That Zinaida is in love.
(c) That Zinaida hates him.
(d) That he left his books in the garden.
13. What is the only thing Vladimir can think of at the start of Chapter 9?
(a) Princess Zasyekin.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
14. What does Mme. Petrovich wish Vladimir would focus on?
(a) His studies.
(d) His chess playing.
15. Who does Mme. Petrovich ask for information about the new neighbor?
(a) Her maid.
(b) Her cook.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does the man in the garden tease Vladimir about?
2. What does Princess Zasyekin thank M. Petrovich for after dinner?
3. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
5. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)