|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky?
(a) His muscles.
(b) His money.
(c) His house.
(d) His mustache.
2. Who does Vladimir follow home in Chapter 4?
(b) His niece.
(c) Mme. Petrovich.
3. How does Vladimir react when he sees the girl in the garden for the first time?
(a) He almost faints.
(b) He cries.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He kisses her.
4. How does Vladimir view his father?
(a) As a smart business man.
(b) As a bad husband.
(c) As a terrible father.
(d) As the ideal man.
5. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
(a) He shakes her hand.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He bows.
(d) He hugs her.
6. What does the girl do to the people she is speaking to in the garden?
(a) Taps them on the head with feathers.
(b) Taps them on the head with flowers.
(c) Hugs them.
(d) Kisses them.
7. Who sits in the corner during the party in Chapter 7?
(a) The Princess.
8. What does Princess Zasyekin beg Mme. Petrovich for in Chapter 3 ?
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A chance to visit.
9. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
(a) He gambled away their money.
(b) He died in a plane crash.
(c) He died at war.
(d) He became Tzar.
10. What did M. Petrovich hear about Zinaida?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is charming.
(c) She is cruel.
(d) She is married.
11. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The boat house.
(d) His room.
12. Who is Byelovzorov?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A baker.
(c) A writer.
(d) A young officer.
13. How does Vladimir's mother treat him?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She does not notice him.
(d) With love.
14. How does Zinaida feel about all of her suitors.
(a) She is bitter.
(b) She is fearful.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is sad.
15. What fear does Vladimir have about his father?
(a) That he will go bankrupt.
(b) That he will hit him.
(c) That he will die.
(d) That his father will abandon him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Byelovzorov give Zinaida in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 2, what does the man in the garden tease Vladimir about?
3. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir?
4. What is Vladimir afraid of his mother finding out in Chapter 9?
5. At what time does Zinaida tell Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)