|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vladimir doing for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Cleaning her house.
(b) Copying a petition.
(c) Reading to her.
(d) Yard work.
2. How does Vladimir feel before dinner with Princess Zasyekin?
3. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She cries.
4. Why didn't Vladimir's parents marry?
(a) For money.
(b) For love.
(c) For fame.
(d) For looks.
5. In Chapter 7, what game is being played at the party when Vladimir arrives?
6. Who sits in the corner during the party in Chapter 7?
(d) The Princess.
7. What appears in the window of the second lodge?
(a) A man's face.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A dog.
(d) A woman's face.
8. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
(a) He gambled away their money.
(b) He died at war.
(c) He became Tzar.
(d) He died in a plane crash.
9. In Chapter 4, at what time does Princess Zasyekin say she will meet Mme. Petrovich?
10. What does Vladimir watch from his window at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A storm.
(c) Dr. Looshin.
11. What is Vladimir afraid of his mother finding out in Chapter 9?
(a) That he stole some food.
(b) That he wants to move out.
(c) That he loves Zinaida.
(d) That he broke a window.
12. What does Princess Zasyekin thank M. Petrovich for after dinner?
(b) Their protection.
(c) Their hospitality.
13. What did M. Petrovich hear about Zinaida?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is charming.
(d) She is cruel.
14. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She whispers in his ear.
(b) She sends her mother.
(c) She sends a letter.
(d) She calls him.
15. In Chapter 7, how does Zinaida say farewell to Vladimir after the party at her house?
(a) She presses his hand.
(b) She blows him a kiss.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Zinaida instruct Count Malevsky to do for Vladimir?
2. Why does Mme. Petrovich scold Vladimir when he returns home from Princess Zasyekin's house?
3. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
4. What does Byelovzorov claim Zinaida's word is in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mme. Petrovich hope Princess Zasyekin doesn't want?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)