|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Zinaida instruct Count Malevsky to do for Vladimir?
(a) Pull out a chair.
(b) Write a ticket.
(c) Get him a drink.
(d) Take his coat.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
(a) The pursuit of happiness.
3. What does Vladimir's mother force him to wear to dinner with Princess Zasyekin and Zinaida?
(a) A vest.
(b) A top hat.
(c) Flowers in his lapel.
(d) His short jacket.
4. In Chapter 7, what game is being played at the party when Vladimir arrives?
5. What does Princess Zasyekin beg Mme. Petrovich for in Chapter 3 ?
(a) A chance to visit.
(d) A place to stay.
6. What does the girl do to the people she is speaking to in the garden?
(a) Hugs them.
(b) Taps them on the head with feathers.
(c) Kisses them.
(d) Taps them on the head with flowers.
7. What does Vladimir's father say is the whole thing in life?
(a) Belonging to oneself.
8. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
(a) The gardens.
(b) To town.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The shore.
9. In Chapter 3, what is Princess Zasyekin involved in?
(a) The mob.
(c) Elite social circles.
(d) Several lawsuits.
10. How many men are at Zinaida's party when Vladimir arrives?
11. In what month do the shutters of the second lodge open?
12. What does Vladimir's father foresee in his future?
(b) An early death.
(c) A fifth marriage.
(d) A new baby.
13. What appears in the window of the second lodge?
(a) A dog.
(b) A man's face.
(c) A woman's face.
(d) A ghost.
14. How does Vladimir's mother treat him?
(a) She does not notice him.
(b) With love.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
15. What does Mme. Petrovich make Vladimir tell her about at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) His evening at Princess Zasyekin's.
(b) His time at the garden.
(c) The history of Russia.
(d) His opinion of M. Petrovich
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Zinaida say farewell to Vladimir after the party at her house?
2. Vladimir ask his father to join him at what after their walk?
3. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
4. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir?
5. Who restrained Vladimir's mother from fetching Vladimir from the party?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)