|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) That Zinaida is in love.
(b) That Zinaida hates him.
(c) That he doesn't like Zinaida.
(d) That he left his books in the garden.
2. Who sits in the corner during the party in Chapter 7?
(d) The Princess.
3. What does Byelovzorov claim Zinaida's word is in Chapter 4?
(a) The truth.
(c) A lie.
4. What was Princess Zasyekin's husband like?
(a) A peasent.
(c) Ugly and rude.
(d) Well-bred but ridiculous.
5. What does Vladimir watch from his window at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A storm.
(b) Dr. Looshin.
(d) The ocean.
6. What does Vladimir's father do to him that almost makes him cry?
(a) Calls him names.
(b) Shakes his hand.
(c) Caresses him tenderly.
(d) Hits him.
7. What does Vladimir shoot on his walks?
8. How does Zinaida feel about all of her suitors.
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is bitter.
(c) She is fearful.
(d) She is sad.
9. What does Dr. Looshin instruct Vladimir to do to Zinaida in Chapter 7?
(a) Get her a drink.
(b) Kiss her hand.
(c) Keep her warm.
(d) Dance with her.
10. What is the name of the poem Maidanov recites at the party at the lodge?
(a) 'True Love.'
(b) 'The Thief.'
(c) 'The Muderer.'
(d) 'The Rose.'
11. What fear does Vladimir have about his father?
(a) That he will die.
(b) That his father will abandon him.
(c) That he will hit him.
(d) That he will go bankrupt.
12. Who does Mme. Petrovich send to speak with Princess Zasyekin in Chapter 3?
(b) Sergey Nicolayevich.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her butler.
13. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
(a) She is mean.
(b) She is friendly.
(c) She is cold toward them.
(d) She is ridiculously weepy.
14. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The boat house.
(c) His room.
(d) The kitchen.
15. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She calls him.
(b) She sends a letter.
(c) She whispers in his ear.
(d) She sends her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir?
2. What does Vladimir's father say is the whole thing in life?
3. Where is the second lodge located?
4. How does Vladimir view his father?
5. What is Vladimir afraid of his mother finding out in Chapter 9?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)