|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who preforms card tricks at the party at the lodge?
(a) Count Malvesky.
2. How old is Vladimir's father?
(b) Ten years older then his mother.
(d) Ten years younger then his mother.
3. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky?
(a) His house.
(b) His muscles.
(c) His money.
(d) His mustache.
4. What does Vladimir's father do to him that almost makes him cry?
(a) Calls him names.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Shakes his hand.
(d) Caresses him tenderly.
5. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He shakes her hand.
(d) He bows.
6. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
(a) The pursuit of happiness.
7. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
(a) She is mean.
(b) She is friendly.
(c) She is cold toward them.
(d) She is ridiculously weepy.
8. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She whispers in his ear.
(b) She sends a letter.
(c) She sends her mother.
(d) She calls him.
9. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
10. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Her birthday party.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The lodge.
11. What is the name of the poem Maidanov recites at the party at the lodge?
(a) 'The Rose.'
(b) 'The Muderer.'
(c) 'The Thief.'
(d) 'True Love.'
12. Why does Mme. Petrovich believe the Princess is poor?
(a) Because the Princess said she was poor.
(b) Because of the condition of her house.
(c) Because of the car she drives.
(d) Because she saw her bank statement.
13. What does Princess Zasyekin beg Mme. Petrovich for in Chapter 3 ?
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A chance to visit.
14. At what time does Zinaida tell Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
15. What fear does Vladimir have about his father?
(a) That he will die.
(b) That he will go bankrupt.
(c) That his father will abandon him.
(d) That he will hit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fyodor?
2. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
3. At the start of Chapter 4 where does Vonifaty lead Vladimir?
4. Who is the girl in the garden talking to?
5. What does the girl do to the people she is speaking to in the garden?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)