|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Zinaida say farewell to Vladimir after the party at her house?
(a) She blows him a kiss.
(b) She presses his hand.
(c) She waves.
(d) She gives him a hug.
2. What does Mme. Petrovich make Vladimir tell her about at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) His time at the garden.
(b) His opinion of M. Petrovich
(c) His evening at Princess Zasyekin's.
(d) The history of Russia.
3. How does Vladimir feel before dinner with Princess Zasyekin?
4. Who is the girl in the garden talking to?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Four old men.
(d) Four young men.
5. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
(a) He became Tzar.
(b) He gambled away their money.
(c) He died at war.
(d) He died in a plane crash.
6. At what time does Zinaida tell Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
7. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
8. Who is Byelovzorov?
(a) A writer.
(b) A baker.
(c) A young officer.
(d) A farmer.
9. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
(d) The pursuit of happiness.
10. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky?
(a) His money.
(b) His muscles.
(c) His mustache.
(d) His house.
11. What appears in the window of the second lodge?
(a) A woman's face.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A man's face.
(d) A dog.
12. What is Vladimir doing for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Copying a petition.
(b) Reading to her.
(c) Cleaning her house.
(d) Yard work.
13. Where is the second lodge located?
(b) Next to Vladimir's summer home.
(c) On a mountain.
(d) In Moscow.
14. Vladimir ask his father to join him at what after their walk?
(c) Horseback riding.
15. What does Vladimir's father do to him that almost makes him cry?
(a) Caresses him tenderly.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Shakes his hand.
(d) Calls him names.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are at Zinaida's party when Vladimir arrives?
2. What was Princess Zasyekin's husband like?
3. Why does Mme. Petrovich believe the Princess is poor?
4. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
5. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)