|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mme. Petrovich send to speak with Princess Zasyekin in Chapter 3?
(a) Sergey Nicolayevich.
(c) Her butler.
(d) Her husband.
2. At the end of Chapter 7, whose image is in Vladimir's mind as he sleeps?
(a) Count Malevsky.
(b) Dr. Looshin.
(c) Princess Zasyekin.
3. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She cries.
4. What is the only thing Vladimir can think of at the start of Chapter 9?
(a) Princess Zasyekin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. What does Vladimir's father do to him that almost makes him cry?
(a) Caresses him tenderly.
(b) Shakes his hand.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Calls him names.
6. Who is the girl in the garden talking to?
(a) Four old men.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Four young men.
(d) Her father.
7. How does Vladimir's father treat him?
(a) With good-humored indifference.
(b) He fears him.
(c) With love.
(d) He hates him.
8. In Chapter 7, how does Zinaida say farewell to Vladimir after the party at her house?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She waves.
(c) She blows him a kiss.
(d) She presses his hand.
9. In the prologue, who is sitting with the host after the other guests leave?
(a) Sergey Nicolayevich and Princess Zinaida Zasyekin.
(b) Sergey Nicolayevich.
(c) Sergey Nicolayevich and Vladimir Petrovich.
(d) Vladimir Petrovich.
10. How much does Byelovzorov offer to pay Vladimir for his ticket?
(a) 75 dollars.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 20 dollars.
11. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She whispers in his ear.
(b) She calls him.
(c) She sends a letter.
(d) She sends her mother.
12. What emotions does Vladimir feel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Sadness and sorrow.
(b) Excitement and fear.
(c) Jealousy and depression.
(d) Joy and happiness.
13. In Chapter 4, at what time does Princess Zasyekin say she will meet Mme. Petrovich?
14. What does Vladimir's father foresee in his future?
(a) A fifth marriage.
(b) A new baby.
(d) An early death.
15. What does Vladimir shoot on his walks?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month do the shutters of the second lodge open?
2. What does Zinaida learn in Chapter 9?
3. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
5. In Chapter 2, what does the man in the garden tease Vladimir about?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)