|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vladimir's father do to him that almost makes him cry?
(a) Shakes his hand.
(b) Calls him names.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Caresses him tenderly.
2. What does Princess Zasyekin thank M. Petrovich for after dinner?
(a) Their protection.
(d) Their hospitality.
3. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir when he finds her in the garden?
(a) If her mother was looking for her.
(b) If he loves her.
(c) If dinner was ready.
(d) If he can pick her some flowers.
4. What does Vladimir shoot on his walks?
5. Where is the second lodge located?
(a) On a mountain.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) Next to Vladimir's summer home.
6. Why didn't Vladimir's parents marry?
(a) For fame.
(b) For love.
(c) For looks.
(d) For money.
7. Who restrained Vladimir's mother from fetching Vladimir from the party?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The butler.
(c) Vladimir's father.
(d) No one.
8. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
(a) He shakes her hand.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He bows.
(d) He kisses her.
9. How much does Byelovzorov offer to pay Vladimir for his ticket?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 75 dollars.
(c) 20 dollars.
(d) 100 rubles.
10. In Chapter 4, at what time does Princess Zasyekin say she will meet Mme. Petrovich?
11. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir to read to her in the garden?
(b) The bible.
(c) The news.
(d) A novel.
12. What does Vladimir's father say will make a man free?
(a) One's own will.
13. What is the only thing Vladimir can think of at the start of Chapter 9?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) Princess Zasyekin.
14. What does Mme. Petrovich make Vladimir tell her about at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) His time at the garden.
(b) His evening at Princess Zasyekin's.
(c) His opinion of M. Petrovich
(d) The history of Russia.
15. Why does Mme. Petrovich believe the Princess is poor?
(a) Because the Princess said she was poor.
(b) Because of the car she drives.
(c) Because she saw her bank statement.
(d) Because of the condition of her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vladimir follow home in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
4. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky?
5. Who is the girl in the garden talking to?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)