|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
(a) He has a mustache.
(b) Because she looks down on him.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He is too smart for her.
2. What is Vladimir afraid of his mother finding out in Chapter 9?
(a) That he wants to move out.
(b) That he loves Zinaida.
(c) That he broke a window.
(d) That he stole some food.
3. What emotions does Vladimir feel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Excitement and fear.
(b) Jealousy and depression.
(c) Sadness and sorrow.
(d) Joy and happiness.
4. What does Byelovzorov ask for in exchange for his gift to Zinaida?
(a) A hug.
(b) Her hand.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A pie.
5. What fear does Vladimir have about his father?
(a) That his father will abandon him.
(b) That he will hit him.
(c) That he will die.
(d) That he will go bankrupt.
6. Who restrained Vladimir's mother from fetching Vladimir from the party?
(a) Vladimir's father.
(b) The butler.
(c) The Princess.
(d) No one.
7. How does Vladimir view his father?
(a) As a terrible father.
(b) As a bad husband.
(c) As a smart business man.
(d) As the ideal man.
8. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
(a) Short and fat.
(b) Tall and slender.
(c) Short and slender.
(d) Tall and fat.
9. Who sits in the corner during the party in Chapter 7?
(b) The Princess.
10. What does Vladimir's father foresee in his future?
(a) A new baby.
(b) An early death.
(c) A fifth marriage.
11. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) That he doesn't like Zinaida.
(b) That he left his books in the garden.
(c) That Zinaida hates him.
(d) That Zinaida is in love.
12. Who does Princess Zasyekin have a run in with in Chapter 9?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her lover.
(c) The police.
(d) Her lawyer.
13. Who is the girl in the garden talking to?
(a) Four young men.
(b) Her father.
(c) Four old men.
(d) Her mother.
14. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
(a) The shore.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The gardens.
(d) To town.
15. What does Vladimir's mother force him to wear to dinner with Princess Zasyekin and Zinaida?
(a) A vest.
(b) His short jacket.
(c) A top hat.
(d) Flowers in his lapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mme. Petrovich hope Princess Zasyekin doesn't want?
2. What does Byelovzorov claim Zinaida's word is in Chapter 4?
3. What was Princess Zasyekin's husband like?
4. Who does Vladimir follow home in Chapter 4?
5. Where is Vladimir's summer home?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)