Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vladimir watch from his window at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A storm.
2. What does Vladimir's father say will make a man free?
(b) One's own will.
3. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
(a) Tall and slender.
(b) Short and slender.
(c) Short and fat.
(d) Tall and fat.
4. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She sends her mother.
(b) She whispers in his ear.
(c) She sends a letter.
(d) She calls him.
5. What does Vladimir shoot on his walks?
6. In the prologue, who is sitting with the host after the other guests leave?
(a) Sergey Nicolayevich and Vladimir Petrovich.
(b) Sergey Nicolayevich and Princess Zinaida Zasyekin.
(c) Sergey Nicolayevich.
(d) Vladimir Petrovich.
7. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky?
(a) His money.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His house.
(d) His muscles.
8. Why didn't Vladimir's parents marry?
(a) For fame.
(b) For love.
(c) For money.
(d) For looks.
9. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
(a) He is rude.
(b) He has a mustache.
(c) Because she looks down on him.
(d) He is too smart for her.
10. What gift does Byelovzorov give Zinaida in Chapter 4?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A necklace.
(d) A puppy.
11. How does Vladimir's mother treat him?
(a) With love.
(b) She does not notice him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
12. What does Dr. Looshin instruct Vladimir to do to Zinaida in Chapter 7?
(a) Keep her warm.
(b) Get her a drink.
(c) Kiss her hand.
(d) Dance with her.
13. What appears in the window of the second lodge?
(a) A dog.
(b) A woman's face.
(c) A man's face.
(d) A ghost.
14. How does Zinaida feel about all of her suitors.
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is fearful.
(d) She is bitter.
15. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) That Zinaida is in love.
(b) That he left his books in the garden.
(c) That Zinaida hates him.
(d) That he doesn't like Zinaida.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
2. Why does Mme. Petrovich scold Vladimir when he returns home from Princess Zasyekin's house?
3. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir to read to her in the garden?
4. In Chapter 4, at what time does Princess Zasyekin say she will meet Mme. Petrovich?
5. Who sits in the corner during the party in Chapter 7?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)