|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vladimir's father say will make a man free?
(b) One's own will.
2. How old is Vladimir's father?
(a) Ten years older then his mother.
(c) Ten years younger then his mother.
3. What nickname does Zinaida call Vladimir throughout the book?
(a) Monsieur Woldy.
(b) Monsieur Moldy Wart.
(c) Monsieur Voldemort.
(d) Monsieur Woldemar.
4. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
(a) He bows.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He shakes her hand.
5. How does Vladimir react when he sees the girl in the garden for the first time?
(a) He cries.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He almost faints.
(d) He kisses her.
6. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
(a) Tall and fat.
(b) Short and slender.
(c) Short and fat.
(d) Tall and slender.
7. In what month do the shutters of the second lodge open?
8. What gift does Byelovzorov give Zinaida in Chapter 4?
(a) A necklace.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A kitten.
9. What does Byelovzorov ask for in exchange for his gift to Zinaida?
(a) A hug.
(b) Her hand.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A pie.
10. What does Vladimir watch from his window at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Dr. Looshin.
(b) A storm.
(d) The ocean.
11. What does Princess Zasyekin beg Mme. Petrovich for in Chapter 3 ?
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A chance to visit.
12. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
(a) He is rude.
(b) He has a mustache.
(c) He is too smart for her.
(d) Because she looks down on him.
13. Who preforms card tricks at the party at the lodge?
(d) Count Malvesky.
14. How does Vladimir's mother treat him?
(a) She does not notice him.
(b) With love.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
15. How does Vladimir view his father?
(a) As a smart business man.
(b) As a bad husband.
(c) As a terrible father.
(d) As the ideal man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vladimir feel before dinner with Princess Zasyekin?
2. Who is Byelovzorov?
3. What is the only thing Vladimir can think of at the start of Chapter 9?
4. At the start of Chapter 4 where does Vonifaty lead Vladimir?
5. Who does Princess Zasyekin have a run in with in Chapter 9?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)