|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zinaida treat the Petrovich family at dinner?
(a) She is ridiculously weepy.
(b) She is mean.
(c) She is cold toward them.
(d) She is friendly.
2. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She kisses him.
3. In what month do the shutters of the second lodge open?
4. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky?
(a) His money.
(b) His house.
(c) His mustache.
(d) His muscles.
5. What does Vladimir's father say is the whole thing in life?
(c) Belonging to oneself.
6. What does Princess Zasyekin thank M. Petrovich for after dinner?
(a) Their protection.
(b) Their hospitality.
7. Where is Vladimir's summer home?
8. In Chapter 7, what game is being played at the party when Vladimir arrives?
9. At what time does Zinaida tell Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
10. What does Vladimir's father do to him that almost makes him cry?
(a) Caresses him tenderly.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Shakes his hand.
(d) Calls him names.
11. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
12. What does Byelovzorov claim Zinaida's word is in Chapter 4?
(b) The truth.
(c) A lie.
13. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
(a) He gambled away their money.
(b) He died in a plane crash.
(c) He died at war.
(d) He became Tzar.
14. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The lodge.
(d) Her birthday party.
15. Why does Mme. Petrovich believe the Princess is poor?
(a) Because of the car she drives.
(b) Because she saw her bank statement.
(c) Because of the condition of her house.
(d) Because the Princess said she was poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, at what time does Princess Zasyekin say she will meet Mme. Petrovich?
2. What emotions does Vladimir feel at the end of Chapter 4?
3. How does Vladimir's mother treat him?
4. How does Zinaida feel about all of her suitors.
5. Who restrained Vladimir's mother from fetching Vladimir from the party?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)