|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Vladimir follow home in Chapter 4?
(a) Mme. Petrovich.
(c) His niece.
2. What does Zinaida learn in Chapter 9?
(a) That she is going to college.
(b) That Vladimir likes her.
(c) That her father is returning.
(d) That her mother is dying.
3. At the end of Chapter 7, whose image is in Vladimir's mind as he sleeps?
(a) Princess Zasyekin.
(b) Count Malevsky.
(d) Dr. Looshin.
4. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
(a) Tall and fat.
(b) Tall and slender.
(c) Short and fat.
(d) Short and slender.
5. Where is the second lodge located?
(b) On a mountain.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) Next to Vladimir's summer home.
6. What does Vladimir's father do to him that almost makes him cry?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Caresses him tenderly.
(c) Calls him names.
(d) Shakes his hand.
7. How does Vladimir's mother treat him?
(a) She hates him.
(b) With love.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She does not notice him.
8. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
(a) He shakes her hand.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He bows.
9. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She sends a letter.
(b) She whispers in his ear.
(c) She sends her mother.
(d) She calls him.
10. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
(a) Because she looks down on him.
(b) He has a mustache.
(c) He is too smart for her.
(d) He is rude.
11. What does Vladimir shoot on his walks?
12. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the garden.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Around the stables.
13. What does Mme. Petrovich think of Princess Zasyekin?
(a) She is mean.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She is tedious.
(d) She is exciting.
14. Who restrained Vladimir's mother from fetching Vladimir from the party?
(a) The butler.
(b) The Princess.
(c) No one.
(d) Vladimir's father.
15. What does Byelovzorov ask for in exchange for his gift to Zinaida?
(a) A kiss.
(b) Her hand.
(c) A pie.
(d) A hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
2. How much does Byelovzorov offer to pay Vladimir for his ticket?
3. Where is Vladimir's summer home?
4. How does Vladimir feel before dinner with Princess Zasyekin?
5. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)