|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir?
(a) She makes fun of him.
(b) She hits him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She yells at him.
2. What is Vladimir doing for Princess Zasyekin at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Reading to her.
(b) Copying a petition.
(c) Cleaning her house.
(d) Yard work.
3. What does the girl do to the people she is speaking to in the garden?
(a) Kisses them.
(b) Hugs them.
(c) Taps them on the head with feathers.
(d) Taps them on the head with flowers.
4. Where is the second lodge located?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) Next to Vladimir's summer home.
(d) In Moscow.
5. Who does Mme. Petrovich ask for information about the new neighbor?
(a) Her cook.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her butler.
(d) Her maid.
6. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The boat house.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) His room.
7. How does Vladimir feel before dinner with Princess Zasyekin?
8. What does Mme. Petrovich make Vladimir tell her about at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) His evening at Princess Zasyekin's.
(b) His opinion of M. Petrovich
(c) The history of Russia.
(d) His time at the garden.
9. What fear does Vladimir have about his father?
(a) That he will hit him.
(b) That his father will abandon him.
(c) That he will die.
(d) That he will go bankrupt.
10. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) The lodge.
(b) Her birthday party.
(d) A restaurant.
11. What does Vladimir's father foresee in his future?
(a) A fifth marriage.
(b) An early death.
(c) A new baby.
12. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
(a) Tall and slender.
(b) Tall and fat.
(c) Short and fat.
(d) Short and slender.
13. What does Mme. Petrovich hope Princess Zasyekin doesn't want?
(a) To become friends.
(d) A place to live.
14. Why does Mme. Petrovich believe the Princess is poor?
(a) Because of the condition of her house.
(b) Because of the car she drives.
(c) Because she saw her bank statement.
(d) Because the Princess said she was poor.
15. What is the name of the poem Maidanov recites at the party at the lodge?
(a) 'The Thief.'
(b) 'The Muderer.'
(c) 'The Rose.'
(d) 'True Love.'
Short Answer Questions
1. Who preforms card tricks at the party at the lodge?
2. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
3. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir to read to her in the garden?
4. How does Zinaida feel about all of her suitors.
5. How does the girl in the garden react to Vladimir?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)