|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zinaida invite Vladimir at the end of Chapter 9?
(b) The lodge.
(c) Her birthday party.
(d) A restaurant.
2. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
(a) He bows.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He shakes her hand.
(d) He hugs her.
3. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The boat house.
4. What is the only thing Vladimir can think of at the start of Chapter 9?
(b) His father.
(c) Princess Zasyekin.
(d) His mother.
5. In Chapter 7, how does Zinaida say farewell to Vladimir after the party at her house?
(a) She waves.
(b) She gives him a hug.
(c) She blows him a kiss.
(d) She presses his hand.
6. Who does Mme. Petrovich send to speak with Princess Zasyekin in Chapter 3?
(a) Sergey Nicolayevich.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her butler.
7. How much does Byelovzorov offer to pay Vladimir for his ticket?
(a) 20 dollars.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 50 rubles.
(d) 75 dollars.
8. What did M. Petrovich hear about Zinaida?
(a) She is charming.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She is cruel.
(d) She is married.
9. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She sends a letter.
(b) She sends her mother.
(c) She whispers in his ear.
(d) She calls him.
10. What does Vladimir's father say is the whole thing in life?
(c) Belonging to oneself.
11. What emotions does Vladimir feel at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Excitement and fear.
(b) Sadness and sorrow.
(c) Jealousy and depression.
(d) Joy and happiness.
12. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky?
(a) His house.
(b) His money.
(c) His mustache.
(d) His muscles.
13. What is Vladimir afraid of his mother finding out in Chapter 9?
(a) That he stole some food.
(b) That he loves Zinaida.
(c) That he wants to move out.
(d) That he broke a window.
14. Why does Mme. Petrovich believe the Princess is poor?
(a) Because she saw her bank statement.
(b) Because the Princess said she was poor.
(c) Because of the car she drives.
(d) Because of the condition of her house.
15. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) That Zinaida hates him.
(b) That he doesn't like Zinaida.
(c) That Zinaida is in love.
(d) That he left his books in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the poem Maidanov recites at the party at the lodge?
2. At the start of Chapter 4 where does Vonifaty lead Vladimir?
3. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
4. How does Zinaida feel about all of her suitors.
5. How old is Vladimir's father?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)