|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fyodor?
(a) Vladimir's brother.
(b) The butler.
(c) Vladimir's father.
(d) The cook.
2. What does Vladimir's father say will make a man free?
(c) One's own will.
3. What happened to Prince Zasyekin ?
(a) He died in a plane crash.
(b) He died at war.
(c) He gambled away their money.
(d) He became Tzar.
4. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She calls him.
(b) She sends her mother.
(c) She sends a letter.
(d) She whispers in his ear.
5. What was Princess Zasyekin's husband like?
(a) A peasent.
(b) Ugly and rude.
(c) Well-bred but ridiculous.
6. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
(a) Tall and slender.
(b) Tall and fat.
(c) Short and fat.
(d) Short and slender.
7. How much does Byelovzorov offer to pay Vladimir for his ticket?
(a) 75 dollars.
(b) 20 dollars.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 50 rubles.
8. At the end of Chapter 7, whose image is in Vladimir's mind as he sleeps?
(a) Count Malevsky.
(c) Princess Zasyekin.
(d) Dr. Looshin.
9. Why does Mme. Petrovich believe the Princess is poor?
(a) Because of the car she drives.
(b) Because she saw her bank statement.
(c) Because of the condition of her house.
(d) Because the Princess said she was poor.
10. In what month do the shutters of the second lodge open?
11. Who sits in the corner during the party in Chapter 7?
(b) The Princess.
12. What does Princess Zasyekin beg Mme. Petrovich for in Chapter 3 ?
(a) A chance to visit.
(c) A place to stay.
13. What does Mme. Petrovich wish Vladimir would focus on?
(c) His studies.
(d) His chess playing.
14. What appears in the window of the second lodge?
(a) A dog.
(b) A man's face.
(c) A woman's face.
(d) A ghost.
15. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
(a) To town.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The shore.
(d) The gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vladimir follow home in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Mme. Petrovich send to speak with Princess Zasyekin in Chapter 3?
3. Where do Vladimir and his father walk in Chapter 8?
4. What fear does Vladimir have about his father?
5. Where is Vladimir's summer home?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)