|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl Vladimir sees in Chapter 2 look like?
(a) Short and slender.
(b) Tall and fat.
(c) Tall and slender.
(d) Short and fat.
2. What does Princess Zasyekin thank M. Petrovich for after dinner?
(a) Their protection.
(d) Their hospitality.
3. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Vladimir discuss with his father in the garden?
(d) The pursuit of happiness.
5. Who does Princess Zasyekin have a run in with in Chapter 9?
(a) Her lawyer.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) The police.
(d) Her lover.
6. What does Vladimir's mother force him to wear to dinner with Princess Zasyekin and Zinaida?
(a) A vest.
(b) His short jacket.
(c) Flowers in his lapel.
(d) A top hat.
7. How does Vladimir's mother treat him?
(a) She does not notice him.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) With love.
8. What does Vladimir realize at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) That Zinaida hates him.
(b) That he left his books in the garden.
(c) That Zinaida is in love.
(d) That he doesn't like Zinaida.
9. What does Vladimir shoot on his walks?
10. What nickname does Zinaida call Vladimir throughout the book?
(a) Monsieur Moldy Wart.
(b) Monsieur Woldy.
(c) Monsieur Woldemar.
(d) Monsieur Voldemort.
11. Who is the girl in the garden talking to?
(a) Her father.
(b) Four young men.
(c) Four old men.
(d) Her mother.
12. Where is the second lodge located?
(b) On a mountain.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) Next to Vladimir's summer home.
13. At what time does Zinaida tell Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
14. In what month do the shutters of the second lodge open?
15. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky?
(a) His muscles.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His money.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fyodor?
2. What does Mme. Petrovich hope Princess Zasyekin doesn't want?
3. Why does Mme. Petrovich scold Vladimir when he returns home from Princess Zasyekin's house?
4. What does Vladimir's father do to him that almost makes him cry?
5. At the end of Chapter 7, whose image is in Vladimir's mind as he sleeps?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)