Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 4 where does Vonifaty lead Vladimir?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The garden.
(d) The drawing room.
2. When Vladimir runs from the garden in Chapter 2, where does he run to?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The boat house.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) His room.
3. What did M. Petrovich hear about Zinaida?
(a) She is charming.
(b) She is cruel.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is married.
4. What nickname does Zinaida call Vladimir throughout the book?
(a) Monsieur Woldemar.
(b) Monsieur Woldy.
(c) Monsieur Voldemort.
(d) Monsieur Moldy Wart.
5. Where is the second lodge located?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) In Moscow.
(c) Next to Vladimir's summer home.
6. Who does Mme. Petrovich ask for information about the new neighbor?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her maid.
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her butler.
7. What does Zinaida ask Vladimir when he finds her in the garden?
(a) If he loves her.
(b) If dinner was ready.
(c) If her mother was looking for her.
(d) If he can pick her some flowers.
8. How old is Vladimir's father?
(a) Ten years younger then his mother.
(c) Ten years older then his mother.
9. Who preforms card tricks at the party at the lodge?
(c) Count Malvesky.
10. Why does Mme. Petrovich scold Vladimir when he returns home from Princess Zasyekin's house?
(a) He lost his shoes.
(b) He did not clean his room.
(c) He yelled at her.
(d) He was late.
11. What does Mme. Petrovich make Vladimir tell her about at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) His evening at Princess Zasyekin's.
(b) His time at the garden.
(c) His opinion of M. Petrovich
(d) The history of Russia.
12. What appears in the window of the second lodge?
(a) A woman's face.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A man's face.
(d) A dog.
13. What does Dr. Looshin instruct Vladimir to do to Zinaida in Chapter 7?
(a) Dance with her.
(b) Kiss her hand.
(c) Keep her warm.
(d) Get her a drink.
14. Why does Zinaida like Count Malevsky?
(a) His money.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His house.
(d) His muscles.
15. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
(a) Because she looks down on him.
(b) He has a mustache.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He is too smart for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fyodor?
2. What is Vladimir afraid of his mother finding out in Chapter 9?
3. In what month do the shutters of the second lodge open?
4. How does Vladimir feel before dinner with Princess Zasyekin?
5. What gift does Byelovzorov give Zinaida in Chapter 4?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)