|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears in the window of the second lodge?
(a) A dog.
(b) A woman's face.
(c) A man's face.
(d) A ghost.
2. What is the name of the poem Maidanov recites at the party at the lodge?
(a) 'The Thief.'
(b) 'The Rose.'
(c) 'True Love.'
(d) 'The Muderer.'
3. How does M. Petrovich greet Zinaida when he meets her the first time?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He bows.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He shakes her hand.
4. How does Vladimir's father treat him?
(a) He hates him.
(b) With good-humored indifference.
(c) With love.
(d) He fears him.
5. Why does Zinaida say she will never love Count Malevsky?
(a) He is rude.
(b) He has a mustache.
(c) Because she looks down on him.
(d) He is too smart for her.
6. Why didn't Vladimir's parents marry?
(a) For fame.
(b) For money.
(c) For looks.
(d) For love.
7. In Chapter 2, what does the man in the garden tease Vladimir about?
(a) His clothes.
(b) Staring at a lady.
(c) His hair.
8. How old is Vladimir in the summer of 1833?
9. What does Mme. Petrovich hope Princess Zasyekin doesn't want?
(a) A place to live.
(d) To become friends.
10. What does Vladimir's mother force him to wear to dinner with Princess Zasyekin and Zinaida?
(a) A vest.
(b) A top hat.
(c) His short jacket.
(d) Flowers in his lapel.
11. What gift does Byelovzorov give Zinaida in Chapter 4?
(a) A necklace.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A puppy.
12. What is the only thing Vladimir can think of at the start of Chapter 9?
(a) His father.
(b) Princess Zasyekin.
(c) His mother.
13. How does Zinaida deliver the invitation to Vladimir to meet her the next evening?
(a) She sends a letter.
(b) She sends her mother.
(c) She calls him.
(d) She whispers in his ear.
14. What does Zinaida learn in Chapter 9?
(a) That her mother is dying.
(b) That she is going to college.
(c) That Vladimir likes her.
(d) That her father is returning.
15. How does Zinaida treat Vladimir?
(a) She hits him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) She makes fun of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vladimir frequently walk?
2. What does Mme. Petrovich wish Vladimir would focus on?
3. How many men are at Zinaida's party when Vladimir arrives?
4. Who sits in the corner during the party in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Mme. Petrovich ask for information about the new neighbor?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)