Section 1: Prologue and Chapter 1
• Sergey Nicolayevich and Vladimir Petrovich remain at a party with their host.
• The hosts asks his guests to tell about their first loves.
• Sergey Nicolayevich says his first love was his wife.
• Vladimir asks to write down his story and read it the next evening.
• Chapter 1
• Vladimir is sixteen years old during the summer of 1833.
• His family rents a summer home near Neskootchny.
• Vladimir's parents treat him with indifference.
• He sees a beautiful woman at the house next door at the end of Chapter 1.
Section 2: Chapter 2 and Chapter 3
• Chapter 2
• Vladimir encounters a beautiful girl in the garden surrounded by men.
• The men see Vladimir staring at the lady and tease him.
• Vladimir runs away and hides in his room.
• Chapter 3
• Vladimir's mother receives a letter from Princess Zasyekin.
• Princess Zasyekin begs permission to call upon Mme. Petrovich.
• Mme. Petrovich sends Vladimir to extend...
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)