Section 1: Prologue and Chapter 1
* Sergey Nicolayevich and Vladimir Petrovich remain at a party with their host.
* The hosts asks his guests to tell about their first loves.
* Sergey Nicolayevich says his first love was his wife.
* Vladimir asks to write down his story and read it the next evening.
* Chapter 1
* Vladimir is sixteen years old during the summer of 1833.
* His family rents a summer home near Neskootchny.
* Vladimir's parents treat him with indifference.
* He sees a beautiful woman at the house next door at the end of Chapter 1.
Section 2: Chapter 2 and Chapter 3
* Chapter 2
* Vladimir encounters a beautiful girl in the garden surrounded by men.
* The men see Vladimir staring at the lady and tease him.
* Vladimir runs away and hides in his room.
* Chapter 3
* Vladimir's mother receives a letter from Princess Zasyekin.
* Princess Zasyekin begs permission to call upon Mme. Petrovich.
* Mme. Petrovich sends Vladimir to extend...
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)