|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened as Hermann continued to grow?
(a) It hired better and more prestigious doctors.
(b) It was incorporated with other medical facilities.
(c) It started to compete with other local area hospitals.
(d) It hired more interns and student doctors.
2. What is immediately noticeable about Landon when he is born?
(a) He has difficulty breathing.
(b) His eyes remain closed.
(c) He is missing several fingers and toes.
(d) He has a large red mass on his back.
3. What happens to Landon, as the result of a high fever?
(a) He dies.
(b) He goes blind.
(c) He gets brain damage.
(d) He has a seizure.
4. Why does Dr. Butler suggest to Kenny that they may "let nature take its course" with Landon?
(a) His treatment is incredibly expensive, and Kenny and Claire can't afford it.
(b) He may have severe mental and physical handicaps later in life.
(c) The surgery will make him extremely uncomfortable, and isn't guaranteed to save him.
(d) They aren't entirely sure what is wrong with him, and the testing may kill him before the disease would.
5. What fact must the ethics committee face?
(a) They must cut the jobs of approximately 100 staff.
(b) They cannot afford to give everyone the care they need.
(c) The hospital must go from privately-funded to publicly-funded.
(d) The hospital is going to go bankrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the financial administrator at Hermann?
2. Who founded Hermann Hospital?
3. What part of Taylor's body is continuing to weaken in Chapter 13?
4. What is the main question debated by the committee in Chapter 14?
5. How much time elapsed between the events, and the book being written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Taylor's ventilator in Chapter 13?
2. What happens when Norma tells Armando about his condition?
3. Who was the founder of Hermann Hospital, and how did he make his fortune?
4. What is Hermann Hospital's financial situation?
5. What happens to Oria Dismuke after Patrick's death?
6. What happens to Claire and Kenny Sparks in Chapter 21?
7. What is Armando's mental state at the beginning of Chapter 9?
8. What happened to Javier after he quit Hermann?
9. How is Patrick's condition changing in Chapter 12?
10. Who is Cindy Walker?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)