|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire give birth to Landon?
(a) Vaginally, with painkillers.
(b) Via a scheduled Caesarian section.
(c) Vaginally, without painkillers.
(d) Via an emergency Caesarian section.
2. Who founded Hermann Hospital?
(a) Hermann von Glick.
(b) George Henry Hermann.
(c) Hermann Muenster.
(d) Jeffrey Hermann Wilcox.
3. What does Hazel want to avoid at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Another scandal.
(b) Another situation like the Advanis.
(c) Eliminating charity care.
(d) Bankruptcy for the hospital.
4. How is Ben Taub described?
(a) A very small, exclusive private hospital that caters only to those who can pay cash for their care.
(b) A small, well-funded private hospital, that deals with uninsured patients.
(c) A poorer, publicly-funded hospital that deals with uninsured patients.
(d) A large, well-funded private hospital.
5. What happens to Armando when he leaves Bart's?
(a) He goes back to Hermann.
(b) His family cares for him at home.
(c) He goes to live in a halfway house.
(d) He goes to another long-term care facility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Taylor's body is continuing to weaken in Chapter 13?
2. Howe does Hermann compare to Ben Taub and Methodist Hospital?
3. What does Mary try to procure for Armando?
4. Why does Dr. Butler suggest to Kenny that they may "let nature take its course" with Landon?
5. Where does Teresa often see the Sparks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Sparks family, in the four years following the events in the book?
2. Who is Cindy Walker?
3. What is the Committee's decision regarding Taylor, in Chapter 16?
4. Where does the Committee decide to send Armando in Chapter 18?
5. What happens with Taylor's ventilator in Chapter 13?
6. How does Armando behave with his nurses at Hermann?
7. What are Hazel Mitchell's responsibilities at Hermann?
8. How is Patrick's condition changing in Chapter 12?
9. What happens to Armando when he arrives at his new facility?
10. What does Dr. Butler tell Kenny, in Chapter 23, regarding Landon's condition and treatment?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)