|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Fran and Carey solace, regarding their decision about Taylor?
(a) Talking to other parents who had to make the same decision.
(b) Knowing that ten years later, there is still no cure or treatment for what Taylor had.
(c) A vision that Fran has, in which Taylor visits her.
(d) Knowing that the ethics committee agreed with their decision.
2. What initially happened to the money that the founder left behind for the construction of the hospital?
(a) It was distributed amongst his heirs.
(b) It was given to the state because he had no heirs.
(c) It was used to finance an election campaign.
(d) It was used in a variety of scandals.
3. Howe does Hermann compare to Ben Taub and Methodist Hospital?
(a) It is nothing like either.
(b) It is more like Methodist Hospital.
(c) It is more like Ben Taub.
(d) It is somewhere in between the two.
4. What does Hazel want to avoid at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Another situation like the Advanis.
(b) Eliminating charity care.
(c) Another scandal.
(d) Bankruptcy for the hospital.
5. Who discusses Armando's condition with him?
(a) Norma McNair.
(b) Cindy Walker.
(c) David MacDougall.
(d) Lin Weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the committee's ultimate decision?
2. How much time elapsed between the events, and the book being written?
3. How much debt does Hermann have?
4. Who is Landon's attending surgeon?
5. What happens to Armando when he leaves Bart's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary try to do for Armando in Chapter 18?
2. According to the author, what does the debate over medical ethics boil down to?
3. What happens to Oria Dismuke after Patrick's death?
4. What are the other two hospitals in Houston?
5. How is Patrick's condition changing in Chapter 12?
6. What is the Committee's decision regarding Taylor, in Chapter 16?
7. What is Mary Coffey's relationship with Armando?
8. What happens to Armando when he arrives at his new facility?
9. Why wasn't Hermann Hospital built right away?
10. Where does the Committee decide to send Armando in Chapter 18?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)