|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is expected to happen to Hermann's financial situation?
(a) It is expected to worsen.
(b) It is expected to improve.
(c) No one really knows.
(d) It is expected to stay much the same.
2. What do Lin, Randy and Cindy discuss at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Whether to tell Armando about his condition.
(b) Where to send Armando.
(c) What to tell Armando's family.
(d) Whether to take Armando off of life support.
3. The courts revised the hospital founder's will to allow for what?
(a) A different building site.
(b) A different name for the hospital.
(c) Different financial arrangements.
(d) A bigger percentage of pediatric patients.
4. Why is Armando able to find peace at Bart's?
(a) Because he decided not to waste the rest of his life being bitter.
(b) Because Bart helps him come to terms with his condition.
(c) Because he feels that there was a reason for what happened to him.
(d) Because he knew that if he hadn't been shot, he would have died at some other time.
5. What disease does Landon have?
(a) Cerebral palsy.
(b) Spinal meningitis.
(c) Muscular dystrophy.
(d) Spina bifida.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Patrick choose the treatment option he does, in Chapter 20?
2. Who is Dahlia?
3. How often does Lin Weeks deal with death?
4. What is the main question debated by the committee in Chapter 14?
5. What does Hazel want to avoid at the end of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Javier after he quit Hermann?
2. Why wasn't Hermann Hospital built right away?
3. Where does the Committee decide to send Armando in Chapter 18?
4. What happens to Armando when he arrives at his new facility?
5. According to the author, what does the debate over medical ethics boil down to?
6. What happens with Taylor's ventilator in Chapter 13?
7. Who is Cindy Walker?
8. What is Armando's mental state at the beginning of Chapter 9?
9. What does Dr. Butler tell Kenny, in Chapter 23, regarding Landon's condition and treatment?
10. What is the hospital's situation when the book was written in 1988?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)