|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
(a) He has spent a total of about five years in the hospital.
(b) He has spent very little time in the hospital; most of his care is outpatient.
(c) He has spent more time in the hospital than out of it.
(d) He has spent a total of about one year in the hospital.
2. What is wrong with Taylor and Jake?
(a) They have a genetic disorder.
(b) They are conjoined.
(c) They have a congenital birth defect.
(d) Their lungs are underdeveloped.
3. Who is Virginia Lennox?
(a) One of the nurses in the NICU.
(b) Taylor's aunt.
(c) Taylor's social worker.
(d) Taylor's doctor.
4. What is Patrick's home like?
(a) He lives with his parents, in a comfortable home.
(b) He lives in a foster home.
(c) He lives with his grandmother in a small, dark house in the poorest part of town.
(d) He lives with his aunt and uncle, in a large house with a big yard.
5. How do Fran and Carey feel about Taylor's new doctor?
(a) They connect much better.
(b) They want Sharon back.
(c) They don't really care either way.
(d) They dislike him/her as much as they disliked Sharon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Oria want the medical team to tell Patrick about how serious his condition is?
2. How does Patrick feel about his condition?
3. What happens to Patrick's line, as a result of his tampering?
4. What is the significance of Patrick's medical chart?
5. What happens to Jake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question is the Committee facing in Chapter 1?
2. What is the situation of the Poarch family at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What is the Institutional Ethics Committee?
4. What is the purpose of the Ethics Committee?
5. How does Javier feel about Patrick?
6. What is the treatment for Patrick's condition?
7. What is Fran's treatment when she first arrives at Hermann?
8. Why did Armando leave Fort Worth to go to Madisonville?
9. How does Patrick feel about the hospital and its staff, compared to his home and family?
10. What are Jake and Taylor's conditions when they are born?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)