|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sharon is rotated out, who is Taylor's new doctor?
(a) Lin Weeks.
(b) Virginia Lennox.
(c) Richard Wright.
(d) Eugene Adcock.
2. Why doesn't Oria want the medical team to tell Patrick about how serious his condition is?
(a) She wants him to be happy and not worry.
(b) She doesn't want him to give up.
(c) She is afraid it will adversely affect his recovery.
(d) She wants to tell him herself.
3. How long has Patrick been in and out of the hospital?
(a) The last five years.
(b) The last six months.
(c) His entire life.
(d) The last two years.
4. How old is Patrick Dismuke?
5. What are Patrick's doctors supposed to do, given his status?
(a) They are allowed to continue treatment under certain circumstances.
(b) They can do whatever they think is right, given the situation.
(c) They are required to stop treatment if he goes into cardiac arrest.
(d) They are required to do all they can to save his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Fran and Carey begin to worry about, as the weeks go on?
2. Who is Virginia Lennox?
3. How old is Armando?
4. How many children did Teresa have?
5. What happened to Armando as a result of this misfortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Oria Dismuke's relationship with Patrick?
2. On what question does the Ethics Committee's debate center in Chapter 1?
3. Why do Fran and Carey want to take Taylor off of the ventilator?
4. What does Patrick admit to doing in Chapter 7?
5. At the end of Chapter 7, what does the Ethics Committee decide regarding Patrick?
6. How does Javier feel about Patrick?
7. What is the Institutional Ethics Committee?
8. What is the situation of Armando's family?
9. What is Fran's treatment when she first arrives at Hermann?
10. What happens to Fran at the end of May?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)