|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Patrick do things to his IV line?
(a) He wants to be normal.
(b) Because he wants to die.
(c) He doesn't like needles.
(d) So he can return to Hermann.
2. In what year did Teresa have her children?
3. What happens on the last day of May?
(a) Taylor and Jake are born.
(b) Fran goes in for her last prenatal check-up.
(c) Fran undergoes a Caesarian section.
(d) One of the twins dies.
4. What do the doctors have to do to Taylor and Jake?
(a) Give them antibiotics.
(b) Put them into detox.
(c) Put them on a ventilator.
(d) Give them steroids.
5. Who wrote the note at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Armando Dimas.
(b) Teresa Knapper.
(c) Lin Weeks.
(d) Sally Olsen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Mark?
2. What does Sally claim to be able to do?
3. How long has Patrick been in and out of the hospital?
4. Why doesn't Oria want the medical team to tell Patrick about how serious his condition is?
5. What does Fran's obstetrician do for her at her last check-up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Institutional Ethics Committee?
2. How does Javier feel about Patrick?
3. What are Jake and Taylor's conditions when they are born?
4. What does Patrick admit to doing in Chapter 7?
5. Why did Armando leave Fort Worth to go to Madisonville?
6. How do the Poarches feel about the doctor they receive when they first arrive at Hermann?
7. At the end of Chapter 7, what does the Ethics Committee decide regarding Patrick?
8. What condition does Patrick have?
9. What question is the Committee facing in Chapter 1?
10. What happens to Fran at the end of May?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)