|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fran's obstetrician do for her at her last check-up?
(a) She recommends a Caesarian section.
(b) She gives Fran drugs, and sends her home.
(c) She admits her to the hospital for observation.
(d) She tells Fran not to worry, the problem is not as serious as she thinks.
2. How much do Jake and Taylor weigh?
(a) Between four and five pounds.
(b) Between two and three pounds.
(c) Between three and four pounds.
(d) Less than two pounds.
3. What doctor do Fran and Carey meet when they get to the hospital?
(a) Jane Reed.
(b) Sharon Crandell.
(c) Lin Weeks.
(d) Eugene Adcock.
4. What does Teresa want to do?
(a) Participate in the ethics committee at Hermann.
(b) Establish new guidelines for withdrawing life support from patients.
(c) Donate money to the pediatric wing of the hospital.
(d) Cut funding for uninsured or underinsured patient care.
5. How does Patrick feel about the hospital staff?
(a) He likes them all.
(b) He likes some, but not others.
(c) He likes very few of them.
(d) He is emotionally dependent on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Fran and Carey feel about their hospital doctor?
2. Who wrote the note at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Who raises the question of whether to withdraw Patrick's IV line?
4. How often do patients' families follow the advice of the ethics committee?
5. Who is Sally Olsen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Ethics Committee?
2. What happens to Taylor at the end of Chapter 6?
3. What are Jake and Taylor's conditions when they are born?
4. What is the treatment for Patrick's condition?
5. What is the composition of the Ethics Committee?
6. Why did Armando leave Fort Worth to go to Madisonville?
7. What question is the Committee facing in Chapter 1?
8. What is Teresa's family situation?
9. What does Patrick admit to doing in Chapter 7?
10. Why do Fran and Carey want to take Taylor off of the ventilator?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)