|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Patrick been in and out of the hospital?
(a) The last six months.
(b) The last five years.
(c) The last two years.
(d) His entire life.
2. How many members are on the ethics committee at Hermann?
3. How do the members of the ethics committee feel about one another?
(a) They are rarely together, and aren't comfortable with one another.
(b) There are several members of the committee who refuse to work with some of the others.
(c) They are suspicious of, and spread rumors about, one another.
(d) They all know each other quite well, and are comfortable with speaking honestly and openly to each other.
4. Who raises the question of whether to withdraw Patrick's IV line?
5. Who is Fran's obstetrician?
(a) Sally Olsen.
(b) Jane Reed.
(c) Sharon Crandell.
(d) Eugene Adcock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the note at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What happens when Oria tries to broach the subject of death with Patrick?
3. Why are the doctors reluctant to install a new line for Patrick?
4. Who debates the question of Patrick's surgery and medical status?
5. What happened to Armando?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Patrick admit to doing in Chapter 7?
2. Who is Virginia Lennox?
3. What are Sally Olsen's duties and abilities?
4. How do the Poarches feel about the doctor they receive when they first arrive at Hermann?
5. At the end of Chapter 7, what does the Ethics Committee decide regarding Patrick?
6. Why do Fran and Carey want to take Taylor off of the ventilator?
7. What is the situation of the Poarch family at the end of Chapter 2?
8. What is the treatment for Patrick's condition?
9. What happens to Fran at the end of May?
10. On what question does the Ethics Committee's debate center in Chapter 1?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)