|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Fran and Carey solace, regarding their decision about Taylor?
(a) Knowing that the ethics committee agreed with their decision.
(b) Talking to other parents who had to make the same decision.
(c) Knowing that ten years later, there is still no cure or treatment for what Taylor had.
(d) A vision that Fran has, in which Taylor visits her.
2. Who is Landon's attending surgeon?
(a) Richard Wright.
(b) Eugene Adcock.
(c) Sharon Crandell.
(d) Jose Garcia.
3. When are Armando's negative emotions at their peak?
(a) When his family is around.
(b) When his doctors talk to him.
(c) During the day.
(d) At night.
4. How many more children do Fran and Carey have after Taylor and Jake?
5. What is expected to happen to Hermann's financial situation?
(a) No one really knows.
(b) It is expected to stay much the same.
(c) It is expected to improve.
(d) It is expected to worsen.
6. Who founded Hermann Hospital?
(a) Jeffrey Hermann Wilcox.
(b) George Henry Hermann.
(c) Hermann von Glick.
(d) Hermann Muenster.
7. How much debt does Hermann have?
(a) $4 million.
(b) $2 trillion.
(c) $6 million.
(d) $10 million.
8. What happened as Hermann continued to grow?
(a) It hired more interns and student doctors.
(b) It was incorporated with other medical facilities.
(c) It hired better and more prestigious doctors.
(d) It started to compete with other local area hospitals.
9. Why does Lin Weeks step down from her position as chair of the ethics committee?
(a) She ran out of time and enthusiasm.
(b) She wanted to try something new.
(c) She disagreed with the other members' opinions too often.
(d) She didn't like the committee's work.
10. Who is Armando's social worker?
(a) Cindy Walker.
(b) Norma McNair.
(c) Sharon Crandell.
(d) Mary Coffey.
11. Howe does Hermann compare to Ben Taub and Methodist Hospital?
(a) It is more like Ben Taub.
(b) It is more like Methodist Hospital.
(c) It is somewhere in between the two.
(d) It is nothing like either.
12. What is Armando's family status?
(d) Single, but living with his girlfriend.
13. Why does Claire get rushed to the hospital in Chapter 21?
(a) She is having difficulty breathing.
(b) Her water breaks.
(c) She is bleeding from her womb.
(d) She can't feel the baby kicking.
14. What does Lin Weeks feel that the purpose of medical care is?
(a) To preserve life, regardless of its quality.
(b) To give people healthy, happy lives.
(c) To make people appreciate what they have more.
(d) To make a patient's loved ones feel that they are doing all they can to help.
15. How did Claire get pregnant?
(a) After years of fertility treatment.
(b) They had been trying to conceive, but without fertility drugs.
(c) Soon after stopping birth control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotions is Armando experiencing in Chapter 9?
2. Hermann was caught up in scandals until when?
3. What point does Cindy make, regarding Armando, at the end of Chapter 16?
4. What is Methodist Hospital?
5. Patrick is able to absorb even fewer nutrients due to what?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)