|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often do patients' families follow the advice of the ethics committee?
2. When Sharon is rotated out, who is Taylor's new doctor?
(a) Lin Weeks.
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) Virginia Lennox.
(d) Eugene Adcock.
3. Which patient is the subject of the June chapter, Chapter 2?
4. In what year did Teresa have her children?
5. What is Patrick's central IV line for?
(a) It delivers morphine.
(b) It drains fluid from the area around his heart.
(c) It delivers antibiotics.
(d) It delivers the nutrients his body needs.
6. What happens to Taylor?
(a) She dies.
(b) She lives, but must remain on the ventilator in the hospital.
(c) She goes home with Fran and Carey.
(d) She gets pneumonia.
7. What has gone wrong that might induce premature labor for Fran?
(a) She took too much aspirin.
(b) She gave herself a hernia lifting something heavy.
(c) She has diabetes.
(d) Her cervix has thinned.
8. What is Patrick's home like?
(a) He lives with his aunt and uncle, in a large house with a big yard.
(b) He lives with his parents, in a comfortable home.
(c) He lives in a foster home.
(d) He lives with his grandmother in a small, dark house in the poorest part of town.
9. What does Patrick sometimes do to his IV line?
(a) Blows air into it.
(b) Cuts it open.
(c) Pollutes it with feces and dirt.
(d) Pulls it out.
10. What happened to Armando the night he left for Madisonville?
(a) His car was stolen.
(b) He got into a bar fight.
(c) He had an argument with his parents.
(d) He was shot.
11. How does Patrick feel about the decision made in Chapter 7?
(a) He solemnly agrees with the doctor.
(b) They don't bother him with it.
(c) He throws a fit, screaming and trying to rip out his IVs.
(d) He doesn't appear to understand when they attempt to explain it.
12. How do Fran and Carey feel about their hospital doctor?
(a) They don't feel that she has their best interests in mind.
(b) They think she is incompetent.
(c) They connect with her.
(d) They find her cold and businesslike.
13. How long was Patrick's central IV line supposed to last?
(a) For just a short time.
(b) For as long as he needed it.
(d) For the rest of his life.
14. What is causing Patrick excess suffering?
(a) His nurses' incompetence.
(b) His doctors' indecisiveness.
(c) His family's interference.
(d) His antibiotics.
15. Who is Virginia Lennox?
(a) Taylor's social worker.
(b) One of the nurses in the NICU.
(c) Taylor's aunt.
(d) Taylor's doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Armando?
2. What happens when Oria tries to broach the subject of death with Patrick?
3. How long has Patrick been in and out of the hospital?
4. Where did Armando and his family come from?
5. Why doesn't Patrick's doctor want to give him surgery?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)