|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharon react to discussing Taylor's treatment?
(a) She is warm and caring when answering the Poarchs' questions.
(b) She refuses to discuss it.
(c) She gets emotional, and has difficulty answering the Poarchs' questions.
(d) She is resistant to discussing it.
2. How does Fran get to the hospital?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) By ambulance.
(c) On foot.
(d) By car.
3. How long was Patrick's central IV line supposed to last?
(a) For as long as he needed it.
(b) For the rest of his life.
(d) For just a short time.
4. What started the fight between Armando and the man in Madisonville?
(a) Armando attempted to steal the man's wallet.
(b) The man was drunk, and Armando gave him water instead of whiskey.
(c) The man made a pass at Armando's girlfriend.
(d) Armando spilled his drink on the man's best jacket.
5. What do Fran and Carey want to do with Taylor at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) They want to bring her home and let her die in peace.
(b) They want to move her to another hospital.
(c) They want to take her off the ventilator and see how she does.
(d) They want to put her on a DNR.
6. Who is Victoria Dimas?
(a) The head nurse.
(b) A cafeteria worker.
(c) Armando's mother.
(d) Armando's doctor.
7. Who is the chairman of the Institutional Ethics Committee?
(a) Lin Weeks.
(b) Shannon Crandell.
(c) Richard Weir.
(d) Sally Olsen.
8. Who are Fran and Carey Poarch?
(a) A couple, pregnant with fraternal twins.
(b) A rich couple, and benefactors of the hospital.
(c) Doctors at the hospital.
(d) Patrick's parents.
9. What is Teresa's profession?
10. How do the hospital staff, except Javier, feel about Patrick?
(a) They feel that he is a nuisance, and makes unreasonable demands.
(b) He has endeared himself to all of them.
(c) They think he is sweet, but too emotionally dependent.
(d) They think he is a spoiled brat.
11. When Sharon is rotated out, who is Taylor's new doctor?
(a) Eugene Adcock.
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) Lin Weeks.
(d) Virginia Lennox.
12. What does Patrick's illness do to him?
(a) Waste stays in his intestines, and damages his intestinal tissue.
(b) It makes him unable to absorb nutrition from the food he eats.
(c) It makes his intestines unable to extract the water from the food he eats.
(d) It makes him unable to digest seeds and vegetable matter.
13. How often do patients' families follow the advice of the ethics committee?
14. How does Patrick feel about the hospital?
(a) He prefers it to his home.
(b) He doesn't like it, but tolerates it well.
(c) He despises it.
(d) He sees it as a second home.
15. Why doesn't Patrick's doctor want to give him surgery?
(a) He's not sure it's completely necessary.
(b) It is risky, and will only lead to a new infection.
(c) He isn't sure that he is qualified to do it.
(d) It is expensive, and his insurance won't cover it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patrick feel about the decision made in Chapter 7?
2. What happened to Armando as a result of this misfortune?
3. What is Patrick's central IV line for?
4. What system in Patrick's body is affected by his disease?
5. What does Sally claim to be able to do?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)