|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Taylor?
(a) She dies.
(b) She goes home with Fran and Carey.
(c) She lives, but must remain on the ventilator in the hospital.
(d) She gets pneumonia.
2. Who is Victoria Dimas?
(a) Armando's doctor.
(b) A cafeteria worker.
(c) Armando's mother.
(d) The head nurse.
3. Why does Sharon Crandell act the way she does with her patients and their families?
(a) She gets emotionally involved to avoid seeing her patients in an impersonal and scientific way.
(b) She became a doctor because enjoyed the science, not because she truly wanted to help people.
(c) She thinks she is treating her patients with respect by being so honest.
(d) She emphasizes the positive side of things, to encourage optimism in her patients.
4. How do the members of the ethics committee feel about one another?
(a) They all know each other quite well, and are comfortable with speaking honestly and openly to each other.
(b) They are suspicious of, and spread rumors about, one another.
(c) There are several members of the committee who refuse to work with some of the others.
(d) They are rarely together, and aren't comfortable with one another.
5. How long was Patrick's central IV line supposed to last?
(a) For just a short time.
(b) For as long as he needed it.
(c) For the rest of his life.
6. What does Fran's obstetrician do for her at her last check-up?
(a) She admits her to the hospital for observation.
(b) She recommends a Caesarian section.
(c) She gives Fran drugs, and sends her home.
(d) She tells Fran not to worry, the problem is not as serious as she thinks.
7. How often do patients' families follow the advice of the ethics committee?
8. What happens to Taylor near the end of Chapter 6?
(a) She dies.
(b) She develops a serious infection.
(c) She goes into cardiac arrest.
(d) Her kidneys fail.
9. What is the problem with Taylor being on a ventilator?
(a) It scars her lung tissue.
(b) It requires her to be dependent on medication.
(c) It interferes with other treatments.
(d) Her parents' insurance won't cover it.
10. How does Patrick feel about the hospital staff?
(a) He likes some, but not others.
(b) He likes very few of them.
(c) He likes them all.
(d) He is emotionally dependent on them.
11. What happened to Armando?
(a) He fell off of a ladder.
(b) He was driving a car, and hit a tree.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was walking, and was hit by a car.
12. Which patient is the subject of the June chapter, Chapter 2?
13. What system in Patrick's body is affected by his disease?
(a) His immune system.
(b) His digestive tract.
(c) His circulatory system.
(d) His central nervous system.
14. How much do Jake and Taylor weigh?
(a) Less than two pounds.
(b) Between two and three pounds.
(c) Between three and four pounds.
(d) Between four and five pounds.
15. What do the doctors have to do to Taylor and Jake?
(a) Put them into detox.
(b) Put them on a ventilator.
(c) Give them antibiotics.
(d) Give them steroids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Armando the night he left for Madisonville?
2. What is CHOSEN?
3. What is Patrick's home like?
4. What happened to Matthew?
5. What is Taylor's biggest health problem?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)