|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What started the fight between Armando and the man in Madisonville?
(a) Armando spilled his drink on the man's best jacket.
(b) The man made a pass at Armando's girlfriend.
(c) Armando attempted to steal the man's wallet.
(d) The man was drunk, and Armando gave him water instead of whiskey.
2. How do Fran and Carey feel about their hospital doctor?
(a) They don't feel that she has their best interests in mind.
(b) They think she is incompetent.
(c) They find her cold and businesslike.
(d) They connect with her.
3. How long has Patrick been in and out of the hospital?
(a) The last five years.
(b) The last two years.
(c) His entire life.
(d) The last six months.
4. What disease does Patrick have?
(c) Lou Gehrig's disease.
(d) Hirschsprung's disease.
5. What do the doctors think Armando's chances of recovery are?
(a) Very low.
(b) Fairly high.
(d) Very high.
6. What has gone wrong that might induce premature labor for Fran?
(a) She gave herself a hernia lifting something heavy.
(b) She has diabetes.
(c) Her cervix has thinned.
(d) She took too much aspirin.
7. What does Patrick sometimes do to his IV line?
(a) Pollutes it with feces and dirt.
(b) Cuts it open.
(c) Blows air into it.
(d) Pulls it out.
8. What happens to Taylor near the end of Chapter 6?
(a) She goes into cardiac arrest.
(b) She dies.
(c) She develops a serious infection.
(d) Her kidneys fail.
9. What happens to Patrick's line, as a result of his tampering?
(a) It is disconnected, and they try to find another way to deliver his medications.
(b) It breaks, and he goes into cardiac arrest.
(c) It gets increasingly infected, and needs to be replaced.
(d) Nothing, but the hospital staff are angry with him.
10. How old is Patrick Dismuke?
11. What is Patrick's home like?
(a) He lives with his aunt and uncle, in a large house with a big yard.
(b) He lives with his parents, in a comfortable home.
(c) He lives in a foster home.
(d) He lives with his grandmother in a small, dark house in the poorest part of town.
12. What happened to Armando?
(a) He fell off of a ladder.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was driving a car, and hit a tree.
(d) He was walking, and was hit by a car.
13. Who is Virginia Lennox?
(a) Taylor's doctor.
(b) Taylor's aunt.
(c) Taylor's social worker.
(d) One of the nurses in the NICU.
14. Who raises the question of whether to withdraw Patrick's IV line?
15. Why are the doctors reluctant to install a new line for Patrick?
(a) It would require very risky surgery.
(b) His family can't afford it.
(c) It may exacerbate his condition.
(d) His insurance won't cover it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doctor do Fran and Carey meet when they get to the hospital?
2. What is wrong with Taylor and Jake?
3. In what year did Teresa have her children?
4. Who is Victoria Dimas?
5. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)