|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Patrick's central IV line for?
(a) It delivers antibiotics.
(b) It delivers the nutrients his body needs.
(c) It delivers morphine.
(d) It drains fluid from the area around his heart.
2. What does Fran's obstetrician do for her at her last check-up?
(a) She gives Fran drugs, and sends her home.
(b) She recommends a Caesarian section.
(c) She admits her to the hospital for observation.
(d) She tells Fran not to worry, the problem is not as serious as she thinks.
3. What is the problem with Taylor being on a ventilator?
(a) It requires her to be dependent on medication.
(b) Her parents' insurance won't cover it.
(c) It scars her lung tissue.
(d) It interferes with other treatments.
4. Who are the people at the meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) Financial administrators at the hospital.
(b) People who know Patrick best.
(c) Specialists who are consulting about Patrick's treatment.
(d) Renowned pediatricians from other hospitals.
5. Why do Fran and Carey dislike Sharon Crandell?
(a) Because they don't think she has the required experience.
(b) Because of her cold and businesslike demeanor.
(c) They think that she is too emotionally involved to make good decisions.
(d) Because they disagree with her diagnosis, and treatment suggestions.
6. What is causing Patrick excess suffering?
(a) His antibiotics.
(b) His family's interference.
(c) His doctors' indecisiveness.
(d) His nurses' incompetence.
7. How old is Armando?
8. What happened to Armando the night he left for Madisonville?
(a) He had an argument with his parents.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He got into a bar fight.
(d) His car was stolen.
9. What is wrong with Taylor and Jake?
(a) They have a genetic disorder.
(b) They are conjoined.
(c) Their lungs are underdeveloped.
(d) They have a congenital birth defect.
10. What happened to Armando?
(a) He fell off of a ladder.
(b) He was walking, and was hit by a car.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was driving a car, and hit a tree.
11. What is Teresa's profession?
12. What happened to Matthew?
(a) He had cerebral palsy.
(b) He died after two days.
(c) He was stillborn.
(d) He was healthy.
13. Who raises the question of whether to withdraw Patrick's IV line?
14. How old is Patrick Dismuke?
15. What are Patrick's doctors supposed to do, given his status?
(a) They can do whatever they think is right, given the situation.
(b) They are allowed to continue treatment under certain circumstances.
(c) They are required to stop treatment if he goes into cardiac arrest.
(d) They are required to do all they can to save his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patrick feel about his condition?
2. What does the hospital do for Fran?
3. What happens to Taylor near the end of Chapter 6?
4. What is Taylor's biggest health problem?
5. How many people are at the meeting in Chapter 3?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)