|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patrick feel about the hospital staff?
(a) He likes them all.
(b) He likes some, but not others.
(c) He likes very few of them.
(d) He is emotionally dependent on them.
2. Who are the people at the meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) People who know Patrick best.
(b) Financial administrators at the hospital.
(c) Renowned pediatricians from other hospitals.
(d) Specialists who are consulting about Patrick's treatment.
3. What happens to Patrick's line, as a result of his tampering?
(a) It breaks, and he goes into cardiac arrest.
(b) Nothing, but the hospital staff are angry with him.
(c) It gets increasingly infected, and needs to be replaced.
(d) It is disconnected, and they try to find another way to deliver his medications.
4. Who is Sally Olsen?
(a) Javier's assistant.
(b) Patrick's doctor.
(c) Patrick's social worker.
(d) The hospital's financial administrator.
5. What disease does Patrick have?
(a) Hirschsprung's disease.
(d) Lou Gehrig's disease.
6. How many people are at the meeting in Chapter 3?
7. What happens to Taylor near the end of Chapter 6?
(a) She dies.
(b) She develops a serious infection.
(c) Her kidneys fail.
(d) She goes into cardiac arrest.
8. What did Armando do when he was 17?
(a) Dropped out of high school.
(b) Got a girl pregnant.
(c) Left his family to look for odd jobs.
(d) Crashed his car.
9. What does Patrick's illness do to him?
(a) It makes him unable to digest seeds and vegetable matter.
(b) Waste stays in his intestines, and damages his intestinal tissue.
(c) It makes his intestines unable to extract the water from the food he eats.
(d) It makes him unable to absorb nutrition from the food he eats.
10. How does Patrick feel about the decision made in Chapter 7?
(a) They don't bother him with it.
(b) He throws a fit, screaming and trying to rip out his IVs.
(c) He doesn't appear to understand when they attempt to explain it.
(d) He solemnly agrees with the doctor.
11. Who is Virginia Lennox?
(a) Taylor's social worker.
(b) Taylor's doctor.
(c) Taylor's aunt.
(d) One of the nurses in the NICU.
12. Why doesn't Patrick's doctor want to give him surgery?
(a) He's not sure it's completely necessary.
(b) He isn't sure that he is qualified to do it.
(c) It is risky, and will only lead to a new infection.
(d) It is expensive, and his insurance won't cover it.
13. What is the main focus of the Ethics Committee?
(a) Handling malpractice complaints.
(b) The withdrawal of life support.
(c) Ensuring the ethical practices of doctors.
(d) Finding ways to help patients' families.
14. When Sharon is rotated out, who is Taylor's new doctor?
(a) Eugene Adcock.
(b) Lin Weeks.
(c) Richard Wright.
(d) Virginia Lennox.
15. What happened to Armando?
(a) He was driving a car, and hit a tree.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He fell off of a ladder.
(d) He was walking, and was hit by a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Javier feel about Patrick?
2. How is Oria Dismuke described?
3. How much do Jake and Taylor weigh?
4. What is causing Patrick excess suffering?
5. What does Sally claim to be able to do?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)