|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do Jake and Taylor weigh?
(a) Less than two pounds.
(b) Between two and three pounds.
(c) Between four and five pounds.
(d) Between three and four pounds.
2. How is Taylor's appearance described?
(a) She looks healthy, despite all of the equipment surrounding her.
(b) She looks like a normal baby.
(c) She is tiny, and covered with tubes and electrodes.
(d) She looks stronger every day.
3. Where did Armando and his family come from?
(a) Southern California.
(b) Matamotos, Mexico.
(c) San Antonio, Texas.
(d) Madrid, Spain.
4. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
(a) He has spent more time in the hospital than out of it.
(b) He has spent a total of about one year in the hospital.
(c) He has spent very little time in the hospital; most of his care is outpatient.
(d) He has spent a total of about five years in the hospital.
5. What does the hospital do for Fran?
(a) They make her do Kegel exercises.
(b) They prop her up, head below her feet.
(c) They give her more drugs.
(d) They sew her cervix closed.
6. Which patient is the subject of the June chapter, Chapter 2?
7. How old is Patrick Dismuke?
8. Who wrote the note at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Sally Olsen.
(b) Armando Dimas.
(c) Lin Weeks.
(d) Teresa Knapper.
9. How does Patrick feel about his condition?
(a) He doesn't really understand the severity of his condition.
(b) He is hyper-aware of his condition, to the point of being a hypochondriac.
(c) He hates living the way he does, and is, at times, suicidal.
(d) He tries not to focus on it, and just wants to be normal.
10. What happens to Taylor near the end of Chapter 6?
(a) She goes into cardiac arrest.
(b) She develops a serious infection.
(c) Her kidneys fail.
(d) She dies.
11. What happens on the last day of May?
(a) Fran goes in for her last prenatal check-up.
(b) Fran undergoes a Caesarian section.
(c) One of the twins dies.
(d) Taylor and Jake are born.
12. How do the members of the ethics committee feel about one another?
(a) They all know each other quite well, and are comfortable with speaking honestly and openly to each other.
(b) There are several members of the committee who refuse to work with some of the others.
(c) They are rarely together, and aren't comfortable with one another.
(d) They are suspicious of, and spread rumors about, one another.
13. What is causing Patrick excess suffering?
(a) His antibiotics.
(b) His nurses' incompetence.
(c) His family's interference.
(d) His doctors' indecisiveness.
14. How old is Armando?
15. How long has Patrick been in and out of the hospital?
(a) The last six months.
(b) His entire life.
(c) The last five years.
(d) The last two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharon react to discussing Taylor's treatment?
2. What happens when Oria tries to broach the subject of death with Patrick?
3. What does Fran's obstetrician do for her at her last check-up?
4. What is the significance of Patrick's medical chart?
5. What decision is made, in Chapter 7, regarding Patrick?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)