|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fran's obstetrician do for her at her last check-up?
(a) She recommends a Caesarian section.
(b) She gives Fran drugs, and sends her home.
(c) She tells Fran not to worry, the problem is not as serious as she thinks.
(d) She admits her to the hospital for observation.
2. What system in Patrick's body is affected by his disease?
(a) His digestive tract.
(b) His circulatory system.
(c) His immune system.
(d) His central nervous system.
3. Who are Fran and Carey Poarch?
(a) A couple, pregnant with fraternal twins.
(b) Doctors at the hospital.
(c) Patrick's parents.
(d) A rich couple, and benefactors of the hospital.
4. Why does Patrick do things to his IV line?
(a) He doesn't like needles.
(b) He wants to be normal.
(c) Because he wants to die.
(d) So he can return to Hermann.
5. What is CHOSEN?
(a) A support program for doctors, nurses, and interns.
(b) An independent pediatric clinic that operates within the hospital.
(c) A program for children of uninsured or underinsured parents.
(d) A program to match organ donors and recipients.
6. What is wrong with Taylor and Jake?
(a) Their lungs are underdeveloped.
(b) They have a genetic disorder.
(c) They have a congenital birth defect.
(d) They are conjoined.
7. Why doesn't Patrick's doctor want to give him surgery?
(a) He isn't sure that he is qualified to do it.
(b) It is expensive, and his insurance won't cover it.
(c) He's not sure it's completely necessary.
(d) It is risky, and will only lead to a new infection.
8. Which baby is born first?
(b) They are born at the same time, via Caesarian section.
(c) It is not specified.
9. What happens when Oria tries to broach the subject of death with Patrick?
(a) He doesn't seem as concerned as she thinks he should be.
(b) He speaks in a mature, matter-of-fact manner about what he thinks will happen.
(c) He gets so upset, he is almost inconsolable.
(d) He refuses to talk about it, and she never brings it up again.
10. Who wrote the note at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Sally Olsen.
(b) Teresa Knapper.
(c) Armando Dimas.
(d) Lin Weeks.
11. Who is Sally Olsen?
(a) Patrick's doctor.
(b) Patrick's social worker.
(c) Javier's assistant.
(d) The hospital's financial administrator.
12. How many members are on the ethics committee at Hermann?
13. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
(a) He has spent very little time in the hospital; most of his care is outpatient.
(b) He has spent a total of about five years in the hospital.
(c) He has spent more time in the hospital than out of it.
(d) He has spent a total of about one year in the hospital.
14. What does Sally claim to be able to do?
(a) Establish relationships that get patients to confide in her.
(b) Diagnose patients just by looking at them.
(c) Anticipate the deaths of her patients.
(d) Speak to the ghosts of her deceased patients.
15. What happened to Armando?
(a) He fell off of a ladder.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was driving a car, and hit a tree.
(d) He was walking, and was hit by a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patrick feel about the hospital staff?
2. What is the problem with Taylor being on a ventilator?
3. Which patient is the subject of the June chapter, Chapter 2?
4. Why are the hospital staff concerned about Armando's care?
5. What hospital is Fran rushed to, a few days after her check-up?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)