|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jake?
(a) He is put on the list for a lung transplant.
(b) He undergoes several surgeries.
(c) He contracts meningitis.
(d) He is baptized, and dies soon after.
2. What decision is made, in Chapter 7, regarding Patrick?
(a) He will not have the surgery.
(b) He is placed on a DNR.
(c) He will be taken off of life support.
(d) He will be transferred to another hospital.
3. What does Fran's obstetrician do for her at her last check-up?
(a) She admits her to the hospital for observation.
(b) She tells Fran not to worry, the problem is not as serious as she thinks.
(c) She recommends a Caesarian section.
(d) She gives Fran drugs, and sends her home.
4. How old is Armando?
5. How does Fran get to the hospital?
(a) On foot.
(b) By helicopter.
(c) By car.
(d) By ambulance.
6. What does the hospital do for Fran?
(a) They prop her up, head below her feet.
(b) They give her more drugs.
(c) They sew her cervix closed.
(d) They make her do Kegel exercises.
7. What is the most important criterion of Patrick's status?
(a) He must be kept comfortable.
(b) He must be given the least expensive treatment option.
(c) He must be allowed to participate in the discussion of his treatment options.
(d) He must be kept out of the treatment loop, so that he does not become upset.
8. Which of the babies is in worse health?
(c) Doctors aren't sure.
(d) Both are about the same.
9. How does Patrick feel about the hospital staff?
(a) He is emotionally dependent on them.
(b) He likes some, but not others.
(c) He likes very few of them.
(d) He likes them all.
10. When Sharon is rotated out, who is Taylor's new doctor?
(a) Virginia Lennox.
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) Lin Weeks.
(d) Eugene Adcock.
11. What is the main focus of the Ethics Committee?
(a) The withdrawal of life support.
(b) Ensuring the ethical practices of doctors.
(c) Handling malpractice complaints.
(d) Finding ways to help patients' families.
12. How long has Patrick been in and out of the hospital?
(a) The last two years.
(b) The last six months.
(c) The last five years.
(d) His entire life.
13. What happened to Mark?
(a) He was healthy.
(b) He was stillborn.
(c) He died after two days.
(d) He had cerebral palsy.
14. Who is Sally Olsen?
(a) Javier's assistant.
(b) Patrick's doctor.
(c) The hospital's financial administrator.
(d) Patrick's social worker.
15. What do the doctors have to do to Taylor and Jake?
(a) Put them into detox.
(b) Put them on a ventilator.
(c) Give them steroids.
(d) Give them antibiotics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Victoria Dimas?
2. Who wrote the note at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. How do the hospital staff, except Javier, feel about Patrick?
4. What is the biggest risk involving Patrick's IV line?
5. What are Patrick's doctors supposed to do, given his status?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)