|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fran's obstetrician?
(a) Jane Reed.
(b) Sharon Crandell.
(c) Eugene Adcock.
(d) Sally Olsen.
2. What happened to Armando?
(a) He was walking, and was hit by a car.
(b) He fell off of a ladder.
(c) He was driving a car, and hit a tree.
(d) He was shot.
3. What hospital is Fran rushed to, a few days after her check-up?
(a) San Jacinto.
(b) Methodist Hospital.
(c) Ben Taub.
4. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
(a) He has spent more time in the hospital than out of it.
(b) He has spent very little time in the hospital; most of his care is outpatient.
(c) He has spent a total of about one year in the hospital.
(d) He has spent a total of about five years in the hospital.
5. How long has Patrick been in and out of the hospital?
(a) The last five years.
(b) The last six months.
(c) His entire life.
(d) The last two years.
6. Who wrote the note at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Sally Olsen.
(b) Lin Weeks.
(c) Teresa Knapper.
(d) Armando Dimas.
7. What does the hospital do for Fran?
(a) They prop her up, head below her feet.
(b) They sew her cervix closed.
(c) They make her do Kegel exercises.
(d) They give her more drugs.
8. How often do patients' families follow the advice of the ethics committee?
9. Why doesn't Oria want the medical team to tell Patrick about how serious his condition is?
(a) She doesn't want him to give up.
(b) She wants him to be happy and not worry.
(c) She is afraid it will adversely affect his recovery.
(d) She wants to tell him herself.
10. Where did Armando and his family come from?
(a) San Antonio, Texas.
(b) Madrid, Spain.
(c) Matamotos, Mexico.
(d) Southern California.
11. What happened to Matthew?
(a) He was healthy.
(b) He died after two days.
(c) He had cerebral palsy.
(d) He was stillborn.
12. How does Patrick feel about the decision made in Chapter 7?
(a) He throws a fit, screaming and trying to rip out his IVs.
(b) He doesn't appear to understand when they attempt to explain it.
(c) He solemnly agrees with the doctor.
(d) They don't bother him with it.
13. What system in Patrick's body is affected by his disease?
(a) His digestive tract.
(b) His circulatory system.
(c) His immune system.
(d) His central nervous system.
14. What is Patrick's central IV line for?
(a) It delivers the nutrients his body needs.
(b) It delivers antibiotics.
(c) It delivers morphine.
(d) It drains fluid from the area around his heart.
15. What happens to Taylor near the end of Chapter 6?
(a) She dies.
(b) She develops a serious infection.
(c) She goes into cardiac arrest.
(d) Her kidneys fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jake?
2. In what year did Teresa have her children?
3. When does the ethics committee usually meet?
4. What is the biggest risk involving Patrick's IV line?
5. How do the hospital staff, except Javier, feel about Patrick?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)