|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Armando and his family come from?
(a) Matamotos, Mexico.
(b) Southern California.
(c) Madrid, Spain.
(d) San Antonio, Texas.
2. What is the problem with Taylor being on a ventilator?
(a) It requires her to be dependent on medication.
(b) Her parents' insurance won't cover it.
(c) It interferes with other treatments.
(d) It scars her lung tissue.
3. What happens to Taylor near the end of Chapter 6?
(a) She develops a serious infection.
(b) She dies.
(c) Her kidneys fail.
(d) She goes into cardiac arrest.
4. How do Fran and Carey feel about Taylor's new doctor?
(a) They want Sharon back.
(b) They dislike him/her as much as they disliked Sharon.
(c) They don't really care either way.
(d) They connect much better.
5. How do the hospital staff, except Javier, feel about Patrick?
(a) They think he is a spoiled brat.
(b) They feel that he is a nuisance, and makes unreasonable demands.
(c) They think he is sweet, but too emotionally dependent.
(d) He has endeared himself to all of them.
6. What is Teresa's profession?
7. What are Patrick's doctors supposed to do, given his status?
(a) They can do whatever they think is right, given the situation.
(b) They are allowed to continue treatment under certain circumstances.
(c) They are required to stop treatment if he goes into cardiac arrest.
(d) They are required to do all they can to save his life.
8. Who is Virginia Lennox?
(a) Taylor's doctor.
(b) One of the nurses in the NICU.
(c) Taylor's aunt.
(d) Taylor's social worker.
9. Why are the doctors reluctant to install a new line for Patrick?
(a) His insurance won't cover it.
(b) His family can't afford it.
(c) It would require very risky surgery.
(d) It may exacerbate his condition.
10. What happened to Mark?
(a) He was stillborn.
(b) He had cerebral palsy.
(c) He died after two days.
(d) He was healthy.
11. What decision is made, in Chapter 7, regarding Patrick?
(a) He will be transferred to another hospital.
(b) He will not have the surgery.
(c) He is placed on a DNR.
(d) He will be taken off of life support.
12. How old is Armando?
13. What do Fran and Carey begin to worry about, as the weeks go on?
(a) Whether they should transfer Taylor to another hospital.
(b) How long they should keep Taylor on treatment.
(c) When they will be able to bring Taylor home.
(d) How they can pay Taylor's medical bills.
14. What is wrong with Taylor and Jake?
(a) They have a congenital birth defect.
(b) Their lungs are underdeveloped.
(c) They are conjoined.
(d) They have a genetic disorder.
15. How does Patrick feel about the decision made in Chapter 7?
(a) He solemnly agrees with the doctor.
(b) He doesn't appear to understand when they attempt to explain it.
(c) He throws a fit, screaming and trying to rip out his IVs.
(d) They don't bother him with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Matthew?
2. Who is looking at the note at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Sharon Crandell act the way she does with her patients and their families?
4. What status is Patrick given by the committee?
5. How does Armando's family feel about his condition?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)