|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fran get to the hospital?
(a) By ambulance.
(b) By car.
(c) On foot.
(d) By helicopter.
2. What is the problem with Taylor being on a ventilator?
(a) It scars her lung tissue.
(b) It interferes with other treatments.
(c) It requires her to be dependent on medication.
(d) Her parents' insurance won't cover it.
3. What does the hospital do for Fran?
(a) They prop her up, head below her feet.
(b) They give her more drugs.
(c) They sew her cervix closed.
(d) They make her do Kegel exercises.
4. How long was Patrick's central IV line supposed to last?
(a) For the rest of his life.
(b) For just a short time.
(c) For as long as he needed it.
5. What is the significance of Patrick's medical chart?
(a) It shows how little involvement his parents have had in his care.
(b) It details the rarity of his illness, and the many doctors who have attempted to cure him.
(c) It shows that the hospital has tried every treatment available, without success.
(d) It tracks his life as a series of medical events.
6. How does Patrick feel about his condition?
(a) He doesn't really understand the severity of his condition.
(b) He hates living the way he does, and is, at times, suicidal.
(c) He tries not to focus on it, and just wants to be normal.
(d) He is hyper-aware of his condition, to the point of being a hypochondriac.
7. What is Teresa's profession?
8. Who is the chairman of the Institutional Ethics Committee?
(a) Shannon Crandell.
(b) Sally Olsen.
(c) Lin Weeks.
(d) Richard Weir.
9. How old is Patrick Dismuke?
10. What has gone wrong that might induce premature labor for Fran?
(a) She has diabetes.
(b) Her cervix has thinned.
(c) She took too much aspirin.
(d) She gave herself a hernia lifting something heavy.
11. What happened to Armando the night he left for Madisonville?
(a) He had an argument with his parents.
(b) He got into a bar fight.
(c) He was shot.
(d) His car was stolen.
12. How many members are on the ethics committee at Hermann?
13. What status is Patrick given by the committee?
(c) Supportive Protocol II.
(d) Supportive Protocol I.
14. What is Patrick's central IV line for?
(a) It delivers the nutrients his body needs.
(b) It delivers morphine.
(c) It delivers antibiotics.
(d) It drains fluid from the area around his heart.
15. How do the hospital staff, except Javier, feel about Patrick?
(a) He has endeared himself to all of them.
(b) They think he is sweet, but too emotionally dependent.
(c) They think he is a spoiled brat.
(d) They feel that he is a nuisance, and makes unreasonable demands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Taylor's biggest health problem?
2. What doctor do Fran and Carey meet when they get to the hospital?
3. What is CHOSEN?
4. How does Patrick feel about the hospital staff?
5. How does Javier feel about Patrick?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)