|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What status is the committee considering giving to Patrick?
(a) DNR, or "Do Not Resuscitate."
(b) A recipient of pro bono charity care.
(c) Priority status on the list of potential organ recipients.
(d) High-priority care status.
2. How is Taylor's appearance described?
(a) She is tiny, and covered with tubes and electrodes.
(b) She looks stronger every day.
(c) She looks healthy, despite all of the equipment surrounding her.
(d) She looks like a normal baby.
3. Who raises the question of whether to withdraw Patrick's IV line?
4. How does Patrick feel about the hospital?
(a) He doesn't like it, but tolerates it well.
(b) He prefers it to his home.
(c) He despises it.
(d) He sees it as a second home.
5. How old is Armando?
6. Why are the hospital staff concerned about Armando's care?
(a) They are unsure if they can provide the quality of care that he needs.
(b) With no prospect of recovery, they're not sure the cost of his care can be justified.
(c) They are not certain that their doctors are experienced enough to handle his case.
(d) They need special equipment to be able to care for him.
7. What did Armando do when he was 17?
(a) Crashed his car.
(b) Left his family to look for odd jobs.
(c) Dropped out of high school.
(d) Got a girl pregnant.
8. How many children did Teresa have?
9. How old is Patrick Dismuke?
10. Who are Fran and Carey Poarch?
(a) Patrick's parents.
(b) A rich couple, and benefactors of the hospital.
(c) A couple, pregnant with fraternal twins.
(d) Doctors at the hospital.
11. What does the hospital do for Fran?
(a) They prop her up, head below her feet.
(b) They sew her cervix closed.
(c) They give her more drugs.
(d) They make her do Kegel exercises.
12. How often do patients' families follow the advice of the ethics committee?
13. What is Teresa's profession?
14. What happens on the last day of May?
(a) Taylor and Jake are born.
(b) Fran goes in for her last prenatal check-up.
(c) Fran undergoes a Caesarian section.
(d) One of the twins dies.
15. What doctor do Fran and Carey meet when they get to the hospital?
(a) Jane Reed.
(b) Eugene Adcock.
(c) Lin Weeks.
(d) Sharon Crandell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is CHOSEN?
2. What disease does Patrick have?
3. Why are the doctors reluctant to install a new line for Patrick?
4. What is Taylor's biggest health problem?
5. What started the fight between Armando and the man in Madisonville?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)