|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patrick feel about the decision made in Chapter 7?
(a) He solemnly agrees with the doctor.
(b) They don't bother him with it.
(c) He throws a fit, screaming and trying to rip out his IVs.
(d) He doesn't appear to understand when they attempt to explain it.
2. Who is looking at the note at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Lin Weeks and her secretary.
(b) Javier and Sally.
(c) Eugene Adcock.
(d) Sharon Crandell.
3. What does Teresa want to do?
(a) Cut funding for uninsured or underinsured patient care.
(b) Participate in the ethics committee at Hermann.
(c) Establish new guidelines for withdrawing life support from patients.
(d) Donate money to the pediatric wing of the hospital.
4. What is causing Patrick excess suffering?
(a) His family's interference.
(b) His nurses' incompetence.
(c) His antibiotics.
(d) His doctors' indecisiveness.
5. How much do Jake and Taylor weigh?
(a) Less than two pounds.
(b) Between two and three pounds.
(c) Between three and four pounds.
(d) Between four and five pounds.
6. Which patient is the subject of the June chapter, Chapter 2?
7. What is the main focus of the Ethics Committee?
(a) The withdrawal of life support.
(b) Ensuring the ethical practices of doctors.
(c) Handling malpractice complaints.
(d) Finding ways to help patients' families.
8. What is CHOSEN?
(a) A program for children of uninsured or underinsured parents.
(b) An independent pediatric clinic that operates within the hospital.
(c) A support program for doctors, nurses, and interns.
(d) A program to match organ donors and recipients.
9. Who raises the question of whether to withdraw Patrick's IV line?
10. What is the problem with Taylor being on a ventilator?
(a) It requires her to be dependent on medication.
(b) It scars her lung tissue.
(c) Her parents' insurance won't cover it.
(d) It interferes with other treatments.
11. How does Patrick feel about the hospital?
(a) He doesn't like it, but tolerates it well.
(b) He despises it.
(c) He sees it as a second home.
(d) He prefers it to his home.
12. How many members are on the ethics committee at Hermann?
13. How does Fran get to the hospital?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) By car.
(c) By ambulance.
(d) On foot.
14. How is Taylor's appearance described?
(a) She looks like a normal baby.
(b) She is tiny, and covered with tubes and electrodes.
(c) She looks healthy, despite all of the equipment surrounding her.
(d) She looks stronger every day.
15. Who are Fran and Carey Poarch?
(a) Doctors at the hospital.
(b) Patrick's parents.
(c) A couple, pregnant with fraternal twins.
(d) A rich couple, and benefactors of the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick's illness do to him?
2. What hospital is Fran rushed to, a few days after her check-up?
3. Why do Fran and Carey dislike Sharon Crandell?
4. How old is Patrick Dismuke?
5. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)