|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sharon Crandell act the way she does with her patients and their families?
(a) She emphasizes the positive side of things, to encourage optimism in her patients.
(b) She became a doctor because enjoyed the science, not because she truly wanted to help people.
(c) She thinks she is treating her patients with respect by being so honest.
(d) She gets emotionally involved to avoid seeing her patients in an impersonal and scientific way.
2. What system in Patrick's body is affected by his disease?
(a) His immune system.
(b) His digestive tract.
(c) His central nervous system.
(d) His circulatory system.
3. How does Patrick feel about the decision made in Chapter 7?
(a) He solemnly agrees with the doctor.
(b) He doesn't appear to understand when they attempt to explain it.
(c) He throws a fit, screaming and trying to rip out his IVs.
(d) They don't bother him with it.
4. How many people are at the meeting in Chapter 3?
5. How much do Jake and Taylor weigh?
(a) Between four and five pounds.
(b) Between two and three pounds.
(c) Between three and four pounds.
(d) Less than two pounds.
6. What doctor do Fran and Carey meet when they get to the hospital?
(a) Sharon Crandell.
(b) Lin Weeks.
(c) Eugene Adcock.
(d) Jane Reed.
7. Who is Virginia Lennox?
(a) Taylor's doctor.
(b) One of the nurses in the NICU.
(c) Taylor's aunt.
(d) Taylor's social worker.
8. What started the fight between Armando and the man in Madisonville?
(a) Armando attempted to steal the man's wallet.
(b) The man was drunk, and Armando gave him water instead of whiskey.
(c) The man made a pass at Armando's girlfriend.
(d) Armando spilled his drink on the man's best jacket.
9. When Sharon is rotated out, who is Taylor's new doctor?
(a) Eugene Adcock.
(b) Lin Weeks.
(c) Richard Wright.
(d) Virginia Lennox.
10. What do the doctors think Armando's chances of recovery are?
(a) Fairly high.
(c) Very high.
(d) Very low.
11. How old is Patrick Dismuke?
12. What is Patrick's central IV line for?
(a) It delivers the nutrients his body needs.
(b) It delivers morphine.
(c) It delivers antibiotics.
(d) It drains fluid from the area around his heart.
13. What does Patrick sometimes do to his IV line?
(a) Pulls it out.
(b) Pollutes it with feces and dirt.
(c) Blows air into it.
(d) Cuts it open.
14. What is Patrick's home like?
(a) He lives with his grandmother in a small, dark house in the poorest part of town.
(b) He lives in a foster home.
(c) He lives with his parents, in a comfortable home.
(d) He lives with his aunt and uncle, in a large house with a big yard.
15. How does Fran get to the hospital?
(a) On foot.
(b) By ambulance.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) By car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Patrick's central IV line supposed to last?
2. Who raises the question of whether to withdraw Patrick's IV line?
3. How does Patrick feel about the hospital?
4. What do Fran and Carey want to do with Taylor at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What does the hospital do for Fran?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)