|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Teresa's profession?
2. What happened to Armando?
(a) He was driving a car, and hit a tree.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was walking, and was hit by a car.
(d) He fell off of a ladder.
3. What do the doctors think Armando's chances of recovery are?
(b) Very high.
(c) Fairly high.
(d) Very low.
4. Why are the doctors reluctant to install a new line for Patrick?
(a) It may exacerbate his condition.
(b) It would require very risky surgery.
(c) His insurance won't cover it.
(d) His family can't afford it.
5. What happens to Patrick's line, as a result of his tampering?
(a) It breaks, and he goes into cardiac arrest.
(b) It gets increasingly infected, and needs to be replaced.
(c) It is disconnected, and they try to find another way to deliver his medications.
(d) Nothing, but the hospital staff are angry with him.
6. What is the problem with Taylor being on a ventilator?
(a) It scars her lung tissue.
(b) It interferes with other treatments.
(c) Her parents' insurance won't cover it.
(d) It requires her to be dependent on medication.
7. How do Fran and Carey feel about Taylor's new doctor?
(a) They connect much better.
(b) They want Sharon back.
(c) They dislike him/her as much as they disliked Sharon.
(d) They don't really care either way.
8. Why doesn't Patrick's doctor want to give him surgery?
(a) He's not sure it's completely necessary.
(b) It is risky, and will only lead to a new infection.
(c) It is expensive, and his insurance won't cover it.
(d) He isn't sure that he is qualified to do it.
9. How do the hospital staff, except Javier, feel about Patrick?
(a) They think he is a spoiled brat.
(b) He has endeared himself to all of them.
(c) They feel that he is a nuisance, and makes unreasonable demands.
(d) They think he is sweet, but too emotionally dependent.
10. What disease does Patrick have?
(b) Lou Gehrig's disease.
(c) Hirschsprung's disease.
11. What does Fran's obstetrician do for her at her last check-up?
(a) She tells Fran not to worry, the problem is not as serious as she thinks.
(b) She admits her to the hospital for observation.
(c) She recommends a Caesarian section.
(d) She gives Fran drugs, and sends her home.
12. What is CHOSEN?
(a) A program for children of uninsured or underinsured parents.
(b) A support program for doctors, nurses, and interns.
(c) An independent pediatric clinic that operates within the hospital.
(d) A program to match organ donors and recipients.
13. What does Patrick's illness do to him?
(a) Waste stays in his intestines, and damages his intestinal tissue.
(b) It makes him unable to digest seeds and vegetable matter.
(c) It makes his intestines unable to extract the water from the food he eats.
(d) It makes him unable to absorb nutrition from the food he eats.
14. How does Javier feel about Patrick?
(a) He is attached to Patrick, and this burdens him because he is also responsible for all of the other children at the hospital.
(b) He is more attached to him than the other hospital staff.
(c) He thinks he is too demanding, and at times paranoid about his condition.
(d) He is not sure if he thinks Patrick is spoiled, or simply attention-starved.
15. What happens to Jake?
(a) He contracts meningitis.
(b) He undergoes several surgeries.
(c) He is baptized, and dies soon after.
(d) He is put on the list for a lung transplant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
2. Who are the people at the meeting in Chapter 3?
3. What is the significance of Patrick's medical chart?
4. What does David attempt to explain to Armando's family at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What has gone wrong that might induce premature labor for Fran?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)