|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Oria want the medical team to tell Patrick about how serious his condition is?
(a) She is afraid it will adversely affect his recovery.
(b) She wants to tell him herself.
(c) She wants him to be happy and not worry.
(d) She doesn't want him to give up.
2. What happened to Armando as a result of this misfortune?
(a) He had both legs amputated.
(b) He eventually died.
(c) His left side was paralyzed.
(d) He was paralyzed from the chin down.
3. Which patient is the subject of the June chapter, Chapter 2?
4. What is CHOSEN?
(a) An independent pediatric clinic that operates within the hospital.
(b) A program to match organ donors and recipients.
(c) A support program for doctors, nurses, and interns.
(d) A program for children of uninsured or underinsured parents.
5. Who are the people at the meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) People who know Patrick best.
(b) Financial administrators at the hospital.
(c) Specialists who are consulting about Patrick's treatment.
(d) Renowned pediatricians from other hospitals.
6. What is Taylor's biggest health problem?
(a) Underdeveloped lungs.
(d) Cerebral palsy.
7. How do Fran and Carey feel about their hospital doctor?
(a) They find her cold and businesslike.
(b) They connect with her.
(c) They think she is incompetent.
(d) They don't feel that she has their best interests in mind.
8. How does Javier feel about Patrick?
(a) He is not sure if he thinks Patrick is spoiled, or simply attention-starved.
(b) He is attached to Patrick, and this burdens him because he is also responsible for all of the other children at the hospital.
(c) He is more attached to him than the other hospital staff.
(d) He thinks he is too demanding, and at times paranoid about his condition.
9. What is the problem with Taylor being on a ventilator?
(a) It requires her to be dependent on medication.
(b) It scars her lung tissue.
(c) Her parents' insurance won't cover it.
(d) It interferes with other treatments.
10. How many people are at the meeting in Chapter 3?
11. What is the main focus of the Ethics Committee?
(a) The withdrawal of life support.
(b) Ensuring the ethical practices of doctors.
(c) Handling malpractice complaints.
(d) Finding ways to help patients' families.
12. What is Teresa's profession?
13. What are Patrick's doctors supposed to do, given his status?
(a) They can do whatever they think is right, given the situation.
(b) They are allowed to continue treatment under certain circumstances.
(c) They are required to do all they can to save his life.
(d) They are required to stop treatment if he goes into cardiac arrest.
14. What disease does Patrick have?
(b) Lou Gehrig's disease.
(c) Hirschsprung's disease.
15. What has gone wrong that might induce premature labor for Fran?
(a) Her cervix has thinned.
(b) She gave herself a hernia lifting something heavy.
(c) She has diabetes.
(d) She took too much aspirin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest risk involving Patrick's IV line?
2. How many members are on the ethics committee at Hermann?
3. How does Armando's family feel about his condition?
4. In what year did Teresa have her children?
5. What hospital is Fran rushed to, a few days after her check-up?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)