|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chairman of the Institutional Ethics Committee?
(a) Sally Olsen.
(b) Shannon Crandell.
(c) Richard Weir.
(d) Lin Weeks.
2. Who is Richard Weir?
(a) Patrick's doctor.
(b) Patrick's social worker.
(c) Patrick's play therapist.
(d) Patrick's lawyer.
3. How does Sharon react to discussing Taylor's treatment?
(a) She refuses to discuss it.
(b) She gets emotional, and has difficulty answering the Poarchs' questions.
(c) She is resistant to discussing it.
(d) She is warm and caring when answering the Poarchs' questions.
4. Why doesn't Patrick's doctor want to give him surgery?
(a) It is expensive, and his insurance won't cover it.
(b) It is risky, and will only lead to a new infection.
(c) He isn't sure that he is qualified to do it.
(d) He's not sure it's completely necessary.
5. What do Fran and Carey begin to worry about, as the weeks go on?
(a) When they will be able to bring Taylor home.
(b) How they can pay Taylor's medical bills.
(c) How long they should keep Taylor on treatment.
(d) Whether they should transfer Taylor to another hospital.
6. How do Fran and Carey feel about Taylor's new doctor?
(a) They dislike him/her as much as they disliked Sharon.
(b) They want Sharon back.
(c) They don't really care either way.
(d) They connect much better.
7. What started the fight between Armando and the man in Madisonville?
(a) Armando attempted to steal the man's wallet.
(b) The man was drunk, and Armando gave him water instead of whiskey.
(c) Armando spilled his drink on the man's best jacket.
(d) The man made a pass at Armando's girlfriend.
8. What happened to Armando the night he left for Madisonville?
(a) He was shot.
(b) His car was stolen.
(c) He got into a bar fight.
(d) He had an argument with his parents.
9. What is CHOSEN?
(a) A program to match organ donors and recipients.
(b) A support program for doctors, nurses, and interns.
(c) A program for children of uninsured or underinsured parents.
(d) An independent pediatric clinic that operates within the hospital.
10. How does Patrick feel about the hospital?
(a) He sees it as a second home.
(b) He doesn't like it, but tolerates it well.
(c) He despises it.
(d) He prefers it to his home.
11. How long was Patrick's central IV line supposed to last?
(a) For the rest of his life.
(c) For just a short time.
(d) For as long as he needed it.
12. What is the most important criterion of Patrick's status?
(a) He must be given the least expensive treatment option.
(b) He must be allowed to participate in the discussion of his treatment options.
(c) He must be kept comfortable.
(d) He must be kept out of the treatment loop, so that he does not become upset.
13. Which patient is the subject of the June chapter, Chapter 2?
14. Why does Patrick do things to his IV line?
(a) So he can return to Hermann.
(b) He doesn't like needles.
(c) Because he wants to die.
(d) He wants to be normal.
15. Who debates the question of Patrick's surgery and medical status?
(a) Specialists from other hospitals.
(b) The ethics committee.
(c) His doctor and nurses.
(d) His doctor and parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patrick's central IV line for?
2. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
3. Which baby is born first?
4. What happens to Patrick's line, as a result of his tampering?
5. Who is Virginia Lennox?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)