|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue and Acknowledgements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Fran and Carey solace, regarding their decision about Taylor?
(a) Talking to other parents who had to make the same decision.
(b) Knowing that ten years later, there is still no cure or treatment for what Taylor had.
(c) A vision that Fran has, in which Taylor visits her.
(d) Knowing that the ethics committee agreed with their decision.
2. Why does Sharon Crandell act the way she does with her patients and their families?
(a) She gets emotionally involved to avoid seeing her patients in an impersonal and scientific way.
(b) She thinks she is treating her patients with respect by being so honest.
(c) She became a doctor because enjoyed the science, not because she truly wanted to help people.
(d) She emphasizes the positive side of things, to encourage optimism in her patients.
3. How does the Total Life Care Center keep its operating costs down?
(a) By hiring student doctors and nurses.
(b) By purchasing used equipment from other hospitals.
(c) By only accepting patients whose families can afford their care.
(d) By reducing the number of nurses needed.
4. Who is the chairman of the Institutional Ethics Committee?
(a) Richard Weir.
(b) Sally Olsen.
(c) Lin Weeks.
(d) Shannon Crandell.
5. What does Mary try to procure for Armando?
(a) A better bed.
(b) A walker.
(c) Better food.
(d) A better wheelchair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claire give birth to Landon?
2. What part of Taylor's body is continuing to weaken in Chapter 13?
3. What is CHOSEN?
4. When does the ethics committee usually meet?
5. Who is Sally Olsen?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)