|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September, Chapter 17: Patrick, Chapter 18: Armando, Chapter 19: The Committee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened as Hermann continued to grow?
(a) It was incorporated with other medical facilities.
(b) It hired better and more prestigious doctors.
(c) It started to compete with other local area hospitals.
(d) It hired more interns and student doctors.
2. How does Patrick feel about the decision made in Chapter 7?
(a) He doesn't appear to understand when they attempt to explain it.
(b) He throws a fit, screaming and trying to rip out his IVs.
(c) They don't bother him with it.
(d) He solemnly agrees with the doctor.
3. How does Patrick feel about the hospital staff?
(a) He likes some, but not others.
(b) He is emotionally dependent on them.
(c) He likes very few of them.
(d) He likes them all.
4. What is the main focus of the Ethics Committee?
(a) Finding ways to help patients' families.
(b) Handling malpractice complaints.
(c) Ensuring the ethical practices of doctors.
(d) The withdrawal of life support.
5. What changed as a result of the courts' revisions to the founder's will?
(a) The pediatric wing was larger, and the oncology wing shrank.
(b) The hospital hired fewer doctors in order to purchase more up-to-date equipment.
(c) The hospital was founded as a teaching hospital.
(d) Charity care shrunk, as the hospital became increasingly unable to afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the Advani family?
2. Who is Lee Zacharias?
3. Who is Armando's social worker?
4. What happens to Patrick's line, as a result of his tampering?
5. How many years after the founder's death did it take for the hospital to start being built?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)