|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September, Chapter 17: Patrick, Chapter 18: Armando, Chapter 19: The Committee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are at the meeting in Chapter 3?
2. What does Lin Weeks feel that the purpose of medical care is?
(a) To make a patient's loved ones feel that they are doing all they can to help.
(b) To give people healthy, happy lives.
(c) To make people appreciate what they have more.
(d) To preserve life, regardless of its quality.
3. What happens to Jake?
(a) He is put on the list for a lung transplant.
(b) He undergoes several surgeries.
(c) He is baptized, and dies soon after.
(d) He contracts meningitis.
4. What does Fran's obstetrician do for her at her last check-up?
(a) She tells Fran not to worry, the problem is not as serious as she thinks.
(b) She recommends a Caesarian section.
(c) She gives Fran drugs, and sends her home.
(d) She admits her to the hospital for observation.
5. What does Patrick sometimes do to his IV line?
(a) Pulls it out.
(b) Pollutes it with feces and dirt.
(c) Blows air into it.
(d) Cuts it open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Armando not allowed to do at the Total Life Care Center?
2. What is causing Patrick excess suffering?
3. What is Patrick's home like?
4. How is Taylor's appearance described?
5. What do Fran and Carey begin to worry about, as the weeks go on?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)