|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July, Chapter 6: Taylor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patrick feel about his condition?
(a) He hates living the way he does, and is, at times, suicidal.
(b) He tries not to focus on it, and just wants to be normal.
(c) He is hyper-aware of his condition, to the point of being a hypochondriac.
(d) He doesn't really understand the severity of his condition.
2. What happens to Jake?
(a) He is put on the list for a lung transplant.
(b) He contracts meningitis.
(c) He undergoes several surgeries.
(d) He is baptized, and dies soon after.
3. Why does Sharon Crandell act the way she does with her patients and their families?
(a) She emphasizes the positive side of things, to encourage optimism in her patients.
(b) She gets emotionally involved to avoid seeing her patients in an impersonal and scientific way.
(c) She became a doctor because enjoyed the science, not because she truly wanted to help people.
(d) She thinks she is treating her patients with respect by being so honest.
4. What hospital is Fran rushed to, a few days after her check-up?
(a) Methodist Hospital.
(c) San Jacinto.
(d) Ben Taub.
5. How is Taylor's appearance described?
(a) She looks healthy, despite all of the equipment surrounding her.
(b) She looks like a normal baby.
(c) She looks stronger every day.
(d) She is tiny, and covered with tubes and electrodes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main focus of the Ethics Committee?
2. Why are the hospital staff concerned about Armando's care?
3. When does the ethics committee usually meet?
4. Who is Fran's obstetrician?
5. What are Patrick's doctors supposed to do, given his status?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)