|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July, Chapter 6: Taylor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What status is the committee considering giving to Patrick?
(a) DNR, or "Do Not Resuscitate."
(b) A recipient of pro bono charity care.
(c) Priority status on the list of potential organ recipients.
(d) High-priority care status.
2. What ethical issue does the Committee debate focus on?
(a) Whether Patrick should stay at the hospital, or go somewhere else.
(b) Whether withdrawing Patrick's life support is "giving up," or letting nature take its course.
(c) How Patrick should be told that his mother has decided to withdraw his life support.
(d) Whether it is right to withdraw life support if Patrick's mother can't pay, considering the hospital's already massive debt.
3. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
(a) He has spent very little time in the hospital; most of his care is outpatient.
(b) He has spent more time in the hospital than out of it.
(c) He has spent a total of about one year in the hospital.
(d) He has spent a total of about five years in the hospital.
4. Who are the people at the meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) People who know Patrick best.
(b) Renowned pediatricians from other hospitals.
(c) Financial administrators at the hospital.
(d) Specialists who are consulting about Patrick's treatment.
5. What happened to Armando the night he left for Madisonville?
(a) He got into a bar fight.
(b) He had an argument with his parents.
(c) His car was stolen.
(d) He was shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Teresa have her children?
2. How do the hospital staff, except Javier, feel about Patrick?
3. Why doesn't Oria want the medical team to tell Patrick about how serious his condition is?
4. Which baby is born first?
5. What happens on the last day of May?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)