|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July, Chapter 5: The Committee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the members of the ethics committee feel about one another?
(a) There are several members of the committee who refuse to work with some of the others.
(b) They are rarely together, and aren't comfortable with one another.
(c) They are suspicious of, and spread rumors about, one another.
(d) They all know each other quite well, and are comfortable with speaking honestly and openly to each other.
2. What does the hospital do for Fran?
(a) They give her more drugs.
(b) They make her do Kegel exercises.
(c) They prop her up, head below her feet.
(d) They sew her cervix closed.
3. What status is Patrick given by the committee?
(a) Supportive Protocol I.
(b) Supportive Protocol II.
4. Why doesn't Oria want the medical team to tell Patrick about how serious his condition is?
(a) She is afraid it will adversely affect his recovery.
(b) She doesn't want him to give up.
(c) She wants to tell him herself.
(d) She wants him to be happy and not worry.
5. What are Patrick's doctors supposed to do, given his status?
(a) They can do whatever they think is right, given the situation.
(b) They are required to do all they can to save his life.
(c) They are required to stop treatment if he goes into cardiac arrest.
(d) They are allowed to continue treatment under certain circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing Patrick excess suffering?
2. How many people are at the meeting in Chapter 3?
3. How does Armando's family feel about his condition?
4. What happened to Mark?
5. Who is Victoria Dimas?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)