|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through June, Chapter 2: Taylor and Jake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the doctors reluctant to install a new line for Patrick?
(a) It would require very risky surgery.
(b) It may exacerbate his condition.
(c) His insurance won't cover it.
(d) His family can't afford it.
2. What status is the committee considering giving to Patrick?
(a) DNR, or "Do Not Resuscitate."
(b) Priority status on the list of potential organ recipients.
(c) High-priority care status.
(d) A recipient of pro bono charity care.
3. How long was Patrick's central IV line supposed to last?
(a) For just a short time.
(b) For the rest of his life.
(c) For as long as he needed it.
4. What do the doctors have to do to Taylor and Jake?
(a) Give them antibiotics.
(b) Put them on a ventilator.
(c) Give them steroids.
(d) Put them into detox.
5. Which baby is born first?
(b) They are born at the same time, via Caesarian section.
(d) It is not specified.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
2. What are Patrick's doctors supposed to do, given his status?
3. What is causing Patrick excess suffering?
4. What has gone wrong that might induce premature labor for Fran?
5. Who is the chairman of the Institutional Ethics Committee?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)