|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through June, Chapter 2: Taylor and Jake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Patrick's central IV line for?
(a) It delivers the nutrients his body needs.
(b) It drains fluid from the area around his heart.
(c) It delivers morphine.
(d) It delivers antibiotics.
2. How do Fran and Carey feel about their hospital doctor?
(a) They don't feel that she has their best interests in mind.
(b) They connect with her.
(c) They think she is incompetent.
(d) They find her cold and businesslike.
3. What system in Patrick's body is affected by his disease?
(a) His digestive tract.
(b) His circulatory system.
(c) His immune system.
(d) His central nervous system.
4. What is the main focus of the Ethics Committee?
(a) Ensuring the ethical practices of doctors.
(b) The withdrawal of life support.
(c) Finding ways to help patients' families.
(d) Handling malpractice complaints.
5. What happens on the last day of May?
(a) Fran undergoes a Caesarian section.
(b) One of the twins dies.
(c) Fran goes in for her last prenatal check-up.
(d) Taylor and Jake are born.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Patrick Dismuke?
2. What disease does Patrick have?
3. What do the doctors have to do to Taylor and Jake?
4. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
5. Who is the chairman of the Institutional Ethics Committee?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)