|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through June, Chapter 2: Taylor and Jake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethical issue does the Committee debate focus on?
(a) How Patrick should be told that his mother has decided to withdraw his life support.
(b) Whether withdrawing Patrick's life support is "giving up," or letting nature take its course.
(c) Whether it is right to withdraw life support if Patrick's mother can't pay, considering the hospital's already massive debt.
(d) Whether Patrick should stay at the hospital, or go somewhere else.
2. How long has Patrick been in and out of the hospital?
(a) His entire life.
(b) The last two years.
(c) The last six months.
(d) The last five years.
3. How do Fran and Carey feel about their hospital doctor?
(a) They don't feel that she has their best interests in mind.
(b) They find her cold and businesslike.
(c) They think she is incompetent.
(d) They connect with her.
4. What is the most important criterion of Patrick's status?
(a) He must be kept out of the treatment loop, so that he does not become upset.
(b) He must be given the least expensive treatment option.
(c) He must be kept comfortable.
(d) He must be allowed to participate in the discussion of his treatment options.
5. What is Patrick's central IV line for?
(a) It delivers the nutrients his body needs.
(b) It delivers antibiotics.
(c) It delivers morphine.
(d) It drains fluid from the area around his heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the doctors reluctant to install a new line for Patrick?
2. What doctor do Fran and Carey meet when they get to the hospital?
3. Which of the babies is in worse health?
4. What is wrong with Taylor and Jake?
5. Which patient is the subject of the June chapter, Chapter 2?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)