|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September, Chapter 17: Patrick, Chapter 18: Armando, Chapter 19: The Committee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the babies is in worse health?
(a) Both are about the same.
(d) Doctors aren't sure.
2. What is Methodist Hospital?
(a) A small, publicly-funded hospital that deals with uninsured patients.
(b) A large, privately-funded hospital that deals with uninsured patients.
(c) The largest privately-funded hospital in the world.
(d) A small, privately-funded hospital that caters only to those who can pay cash for their care.
3. What is Patrick's home like?
(a) He lives with his aunt and uncle, in a large house with a big yard.
(b) He lives in a foster home.
(c) He lives with his parents, in a comfortable home.
(d) He lives with his grandmother in a small, dark house in the poorest part of town.
4. Why are the hospital staff concerned about Armando's care?
(a) They are unsure if they can provide the quality of care that he needs.
(b) With no prospect of recovery, they're not sure the cost of his care can be justified.
(c) They are not certain that their doctors are experienced enough to handle his case.
(d) They need special equipment to be able to care for him.
5. Why does Patrick do things to his IV line?
(a) He doesn't like needles.
(b) Because he wants to die.
(c) So he can return to Hermann.
(d) He wants to be normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Matthew?
2. What does David attempt to explain to Armando's family at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What was the founder's stipulation for the funding he left to build a hospital?
4. How is Armando's social worker described?
5. What happens to Patrick's line, as a result of his tampering?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)