|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July, Chapter 4: Armando.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main focus of the Ethics Committee?
(a) Ensuring the ethical practices of doctors.
(b) Handling malpractice complaints.
(c) Finding ways to help patients' families.
(d) The withdrawal of life support.
2. What is Patrick's central IV line for?
(a) It delivers morphine.
(b) It drains fluid from the area around his heart.
(c) It delivers the nutrients his body needs.
(d) It delivers antibiotics.
3. What ethical issue does the Committee debate focus on?
(a) Whether withdrawing Patrick's life support is "giving up," or letting nature take its course.
(b) Whether it is right to withdraw life support if Patrick's mother can't pay, considering the hospital's already massive debt.
(c) Whether Patrick should stay at the hospital, or go somewhere else.
(d) How Patrick should be told that his mother has decided to withdraw his life support.
4. What does the hospital do for Fran?
(a) They sew her cervix closed.
(b) They make her do Kegel exercises.
(c) They give her more drugs.
(d) They prop her up, head below her feet.
5. What doctor do Fran and Carey meet when they get to the hospital?
(a) Eugene Adcock.
(b) Sharon Crandell.
(c) Lin Weeks.
(d) Jane Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors have to do to Taylor and Jake?
2. How do Fran and Carey feel about their hospital doctor?
3. Who is Victoria Dimas?
4. Who is Fran's obstetrician?
5. How much do Jake and Taylor weigh?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)