|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July, Chapter 4: Armando.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethical issue does the Committee debate focus on?
(a) Whether it is right to withdraw life support if Patrick's mother can't pay, considering the hospital's already massive debt.
(b) How Patrick should be told that his mother has decided to withdraw his life support.
(c) Whether withdrawing Patrick's life support is "giving up," or letting nature take its course.
(d) Whether Patrick should stay at the hospital, or go somewhere else.
2. How does Javier feel about Patrick?
(a) He is more attached to him than the other hospital staff.
(b) He is not sure if he thinks Patrick is spoiled, or simply attention-starved.
(c) He is attached to Patrick, and this burdens him because he is also responsible for all of the other children at the hospital.
(d) He thinks he is too demanding, and at times paranoid about his condition.
3. How do the hospital staff, except Javier, feel about Patrick?
(a) He has endeared himself to all of them.
(b) They feel that he is a nuisance, and makes unreasonable demands.
(c) They think he is a spoiled brat.
(d) They think he is sweet, but too emotionally dependent.
4. What is Patrick's central IV line for?
(a) It delivers morphine.
(b) It drains fluid from the area around his heart.
(c) It delivers the nutrients his body needs.
(d) It delivers antibiotics.
5. What happened to Armando as a result of this misfortune?
(a) His left side was paralyzed.
(b) He had both legs amputated.
(c) He eventually died.
(d) He was paralyzed from the chin down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Taylor?
2. What has gone wrong that might induce premature labor for Fran?
3. What happened to Armando?
4. How much time has Patrick spent in the hospital?
5. What happens on the last day of May?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)