|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July, Chapter 8: The Hospital.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Fran and Carey Poarch?
(a) A rich couple, and benefactors of the hospital.
(b) Patrick's parents.
(c) A couple, pregnant with fraternal twins.
(d) Doctors at the hospital.
2. What is Patrick's home like?
(a) He lives with his parents, in a comfortable home.
(b) He lives with his aunt and uncle, in a large house with a big yard.
(c) He lives in a foster home.
(d) He lives with his grandmother in a small, dark house in the poorest part of town.
3. What does Teresa want to do?
(a) Cut funding for uninsured or underinsured patient care.
(b) Establish new guidelines for withdrawing life support from patients.
(c) Donate money to the pediatric wing of the hospital.
(d) Participate in the ethics committee at Hermann.
4. What does David attempt to explain to Armando's family at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) That Armando will never walk again.
(b) They have to go to another hospital because Armando is uninsured.
(c) That his chances of survival are slim.
(d) That he needs their signature on the consent form to do surgery on Armando.
5. How does Armando's family feel about his condition?
(a) They are relieved that it isn't as bad as they feared.
(b) He is much worse than they had imagined.
(c) They are unaware of his condition.
(d) Due to a language barrier, they are unable to fully understand it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Armando do when he was 17?
2. What is Teresa's profession?
3. What initially happened to the money that the founder left behind for the construction of the hospital?
4. What is wrong with Taylor and Jake?
5. What decision is made, in Chapter 7, regarding Patrick?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)