|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August, Chapter 12: Patrick, Chapter 13: Taylor, Chapter 14: The Committee, Chapter 15: Armando, Chapter 16: The Cost of Care.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fran want to remove Taylor's ventilator?
(a) Their insurance won't cover it any longer.
(b) She wants to see if Taylor can breathe on her own.
(c) She doesn't want Taylor to live because she will have too many health problems.
(d) It appears to make Taylor uncomfortable.
2. How old is Armando?
3. Patrick is able to absorb even fewer nutrients due to what?
(a) His heart arrhythmia.
(b) His antibiotics.
(c) His constant vomiting.
(d) His kidney problems.
4. What does Patrick sometimes do to his IV line?
(a) Pulls it out.
(b) Cuts it open.
(c) Blows air into it.
(d) Pollutes it with feces and dirt.
5. How does Patrick feel about the hospital staff?
(a) He likes some, but not others.
(b) He is emotionally dependent on them.
(c) He likes them all.
(d) He likes very few of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of Patrick's medical chart?
2. What is Taylor's appearance like in Chapter 13?
3. In August, from what does Patrick increasingly suffer?
4. What does Patrick's illness do to him?
5. Why does Patrick do things to his IV line?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)