|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August, Chapter 12: Patrick, Chapter 13: Taylor, Chapter 14: The Committee, Chapter 15: Armando, Chapter 16: The Cost of Care.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Armando as a result of this misfortune?
(a) He eventually died.
(b) He was paralyzed from the chin down.
(c) He had both legs amputated.
(d) His left side was paralyzed.
2. What does Patrick sometimes do to his IV line?
(a) Blows air into it.
(b) Pulls it out.
(c) Cuts it open.
(d) Pollutes it with feces and dirt.
3. What does Patrick's illness do to him?
(a) It makes him unable to digest seeds and vegetable matter.
(b) It makes him unable to absorb nutrition from the food he eats.
(c) It makes his intestines unable to extract the water from the food he eats.
(d) Waste stays in his intestines, and damages his intestinal tissue.
4. What does David attempt to explain to Armando's family at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) That Armando will never walk again.
(b) That he needs their signature on the consent form to do surgery on Armando.
(c) That his chances of survival are slim.
(d) They have to go to another hospital because Armando is uninsured.
5. What started the fight between Armando and the man in Madisonville?
(a) The man made a pass at Armando's girlfriend.
(b) Armando attempted to steal the man's wallet.
(c) Armando spilled his drink on the man's best jacket.
(d) The man was drunk, and Armando gave him water instead of whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patrick feel about the hospital?
2. Patrick is able to absorb even fewer nutrients due to what?
3. How does Patrick feel about the decision made in Chapter 7?
4. How does Armando's family feel about his condition?
5. What happened to Armando the night he left for Madisonville?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)