|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August, Chapter 12: Patrick, Chapter 13: Taylor, Chapter 14: The Committee, Chapter 15: Armando, Chapter 16: The Cost of Care.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Armando?
2. What is the main question debated by the committee in Chapter 14?
(a) Whether the quantity or quality of life matters more.
(b) Whether Taylor will be able to survive without the ventilator.
(c) Whether patients' needs should outweigh financial concerns.
(d) How doctors should weigh the risks of different treatments.
3. Why are the hospital staff concerned about Armando's care?
(a) They are unsure if they can provide the quality of care that he needs.
(b) With no prospect of recovery, they're not sure the cost of his care can be justified.
(c) They need special equipment to be able to care for him.
(d) They are not certain that their doctors are experienced enough to handle his case.
4. What does Patrick sometimes do to his IV line?
(a) Pollutes it with feces and dirt.
(b) Blows air into it.
(c) Cuts it open.
(d) Pulls it out.
5. What happened to Armando the night he left for Madisonville?
(a) His car was stolen.
(b) He got into a bar fight.
(c) He had an argument with his parents.
(d) He was shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What started the fight between Armando and the man in Madisonville?
2. What happened to Armando as a result of this misfortune?
3. What is Patrick's home like?
4. Why does Fran want to remove Taylor's ventilator?
5. Why does Patrick do things to his IV line?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)