|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August, Chapter 12: Patrick, Chapter 13: Taylor, Chapter 14: The Committee, Chapter 15: Armando, Chapter 16: The Cost of Care.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patrick feel about the decision made in Chapter 7?
(a) He doesn't appear to understand when they attempt to explain it.
(b) They don't bother him with it.
(c) He throws a fit, screaming and trying to rip out his IVs.
(d) He solemnly agrees with the doctor.
2. How old is Armando?
3. What is the main question debated by the committee in Chapter 14?
(a) Whether Taylor will be able to survive without the ventilator.
(b) How doctors should weigh the risks of different treatments.
(c) Whether patients' needs should outweigh financial concerns.
(d) Whether the quantity or quality of life matters more.
4. How does Armando's family feel about his condition?
(a) He is much worse than they had imagined.
(b) They are unaware of his condition.
(c) They are relieved that it isn't as bad as they feared.
(d) Due to a language barrier, they are unable to fully understand it.
5. Why does Patrick do things to his IV line?
(a) So he can return to Hermann.
(b) He wants to be normal.
(c) Because he wants to die.
(d) He doesn't like needles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Armando and his family come from?
2. What is Patrick's home like?
3. Who is Lee Zacharias?
4. Patrick is able to absorb even fewer nutrients due to what?
5. What happens to Patrick at the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)