|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August, Chapter 12: Patrick, Chapter 13: Taylor, Chapter 14: The Committee, Chapter 15: Armando, Chapter 16: The Cost of Care.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patrick feel about the hospital staff?
(a) He is emotionally dependent on them.
(b) He likes some, but not others.
(c) He likes them all.
(d) He likes very few of them.
2. What decision is made, in Chapter 7, regarding Patrick?
(a) He will not have the surgery.
(b) He will be transferred to another hospital.
(c) He is placed on a DNR.
(d) He will be taken off of life support.
3. What is the committee's ultimate decision?
(a) They decide to remove Taylor's life support.
(b) They decide to send Taylor to another hospital.
(c) They decide to keep Taylor on life support.
(d) They decide to leave the life support decision to Taylor's parents.
4. What is the significance of Patrick's medical chart?
(a) It details the rarity of his illness, and the many doctors who have attempted to cure him.
(b) It shows that the hospital has tried every treatment available, without success.
(c) It tracks his life as a series of medical events.
(d) It shows how little involvement his parents have had in his care.
5. What does Patrick sometimes do to his IV line?
(a) Blows air into it.
(b) Cuts it open.
(c) Pulls it out.
(d) Pollutes it with feces and dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patrick feel about the hospital?
2. How old is Armando?
3. Who is Victoria Dimas?
4. What does David attempt to explain to Armando's family at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What happened to Armando as a result of this misfortune?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)