|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August, Chapter 12: Patrick, Chapter 13: Taylor, Chapter 14: The Committee, Chapter 15: Armando, Chapter 16: The Cost of Care.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patrick feel about the decision made in Chapter 7?
(a) He throws a fit, screaming and trying to rip out his IVs.
(b) He solemnly agrees with the doctor.
(c) They don't bother him with it.
(d) He doesn't appear to understand when they attempt to explain it.
2. What does Patrick sometimes do to his IV line?
(a) Pollutes it with feces and dirt.
(b) Pulls it out.
(c) Cuts it open.
(d) Blows air into it.
3. What does David attempt to explain to Armando's family at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) That Armando will never walk again.
(b) That his chances of survival are slim.
(c) They have to go to another hospital because Armando is uninsured.
(d) That he needs their signature on the consent form to do surgery on Armando.
4. What do the doctors think Armando's chances of recovery are?
(a) Fairly high.
(b) Very low.
(d) Very high.
5. Why are the hospital staff concerned about Armando's care?
(a) They need special equipment to be able to care for him.
(b) With no prospect of recovery, they're not sure the cost of his care can be justified.
(c) They are not certain that their doctors are experienced enough to handle his case.
(d) They are unsure if they can provide the quality of care that he needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Armando the night he left for Madisonville?
2. What part of Taylor's body is continuing to weaken in Chapter 13?
3. How does Armando's family feel about his condition?
4. What did Armando do when he was 17?
5. Why does Fran want to remove Taylor's ventilator?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)